Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,375 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! (1269 Views)

Two Types Of Gullible Girls / Any Advice For This 'pregnant' Girl? / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by sexyHR: 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2013
Please take few minutes of your time to read the story, I need some matured advices for a friend.

My friend called me to say some guy owed him money and part of that does not belong to her and that the guy promised to pay her back in two weeks time but he failed. So she asked if i could go with her to the police station. I closed very early that day just to believe what i was hearing cos my friend is a very careful and cool lady(dunno what happend to her in this case)

When we get to the station the police asked why she gave the money to the guy and she said the guy told her that he wanted it for a business transaction and that he would pay her back in two weeks. The police asked her if the guy was his boyfriend she denied saying that he is just a 'friend'(even though i just have this feeling that they were dating).

My problem is the lady is my friend, very good friends infact but i have never seen her with the guy or even heard her mention the guy's name. My friend is not even into dating business that much cos cs shy, reserved and well mannered. I was so curious to see the guy(I haven't still met him). We went with the police to pick him up but he was not at home, the police officer asked my friend if she knew her office, she said she knows the area but not the exact location. We headed to the area and started asking around( the guy has a cleaning company)for about one hour, luckily a guy directed us to the place. We went to the premesis but he was not around.

The next morning my friend called me to say he has been arrested and they were at the police station. I couldn't go cos i was busy at work.

They all gave their statements and he agreed that the lady actually gave her money and he was supposed to pay back in 2weeks but he has no money. They entered into an agreement that he would be paying by weekly instalment. They started off fine but the guy is not paying regularly anymore. Now my friend is really really desperate cos she has to settle a colleague with part of the money. The police are not even helping matters anymore, something tells me that he bribed them. I gave her two options: I have a customer(my friend and i are bankers) who is a top military officer, we could get him arrested and detained till he provides the money or let her involve her family lawyer(cs fom a rich family). She refused both options saying she does not want to harm the guy or disgrace him by involving military men, neither does she want her family to be involved cos the lawyer would obviously tell her mom.

I was gutted! she was actually concerned about the boy than her money. Now my question is why on earth would a lady give a guy about $3,000.00 just like that(without ant collateral or witness i mean)? Honestly i would've doubted the story if she's not my friend. I know she is really frustrated that's why she opened up to me cos she's the secretive type. My instinct tells me there is more to the story cos the mere fact that she does not want her immediate family to know baffles me.

Folks any advice for my friend cos she is sooo frustrated right now.
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by webcam(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2013
first i will like to know if this happen here in nigeria?if yes there is more to the story.....$3000 is not 3000 naira.....ask ur friend to tell you all the story
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by Cholls(m): 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2013
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by sexyHR: 9:09pm On Jul 19, 2013
webcam: first i will like to know if this happen here in nigeria?if yes there is more to the story.....$3000 is not 3000 naira.....ask ur friend to tell you all the story
It's not in nigeria. The guy is nigerian but we are not.
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by Vivly(f): 9:31pm On Jul 19, 2013
Wow! The guy is Nigerian?
Are u kidding me?
Your friend is so in there. Next time she wants a deal with a nigerian, she should ask for an affidavit from the Nigerian supreme court.
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by kenny1795(m): 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2013
Is it possible to bribe a non-nigerian police?? Bdw bak to d story. U shld threaten ur frnd dat u wuld "leave ha" 2 ha prblmz if she doesnt make a stand on wat she really wantz. D guy or d money
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by Agybabe(f): 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2013
Maga don pay!
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by Goldenboy007(m): 12:10am On Jul 20, 2013
To be frank i don't know who is who cos you used the words - his, him, he, her & she - so interchangeably that i lost track of who the guy is and who the gal is !!!! Then the police bribe and the last twist about the dollars confused me about the location also. Also are you a gal or a guy?
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by webcam(m): 8:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
since you ppl not in nigeria how did you get the guy arrested with police?
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by 2goodbobo(m): 10:57pm On Jul 20, 2013
Just mind your business and let her carry her cross since she is not willing to go with what you advised. She might be hiding something.

1 Like

Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
Something is wrong with this story. undecided
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by Sanboy25: 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
Stay out of this bro... undecided

1 Like

Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by sexyHR: 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
She is my friend i can't watch her suffer.
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by sexyHR: 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sanboy25: Stay out of this bro... undecided

I am female Sanboy
Re: Any Advice For My Gullible Friend!! by Sanboy25: 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
sexyHR: I am female Sanboy
cool ok sorry sis grin

(1) (Reply)

What Was It Like Wen U First Met He/her??(xperience) / US Olympian Who Is Not Ashamed Of Saving And Preserving Her Virginity / 10 Signs He Is Not The One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.