Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,605 members, 7,955,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:05 PM

Overcoming Loneliness - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Overcoming Loneliness (1144 Views)

Pls Help I Dont Knw If Am Dying Of Loneliness, / Loneliness Spells My Name. (8 Years Of Loneliness) / What's The Remedy For Loneliness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Overcoming Loneliness by jahlove4jah: 5:09am On Jul 20, 2013
What you can do

1. Focus on your strengths. (2 Corinthians 11:6) While it’s good to be aware of your flaws, you also have much to offer. Recognizing your assets will give you the confidence you need to break free from a negative self-image and overcome loneliness. Ask yourself, ‘What are my strengths?’ Think of some talents or positive qualities that you possess.

2. Take a genuine interest in others. Start by showing interest in just a few people. “"Simply asking others how they are doing or asking them about their work helps you to get to know them better,"” says a youth named Jorge.
A teenage boy building a bridge

You can bridge the chasm that separates you from your peers

Tip: Don’t limit yourself to people of your own age. Some of the warmest friendships recorded in the Bible were between people with considerable age differences, such as Ruth and Naomi, David and Jonathan, and Timothy and Paul. (Ruth 1:16, 17; 1 Samuel 18:1; 1 Corinthians 4:17) Remember, too, that conversation is an interchange, not a monologue. People appreciate good listeners. So if you tend to be shy, remember—you don’t have to carry the whole conversation!

3. Cultivate “"fellow feeling."” 1 Peter 3:8 Even if you don’t agree with another’s view, patiently allow that one to talk. Dwell on points that you agree on. If you feel you must express disagreement on some issue, do so in a mild and tactful way.

Tip: Speak to others the way you would want to be spoken to. Needless bickering or teasing, insulting, or self-righteously condemning others simply alienates them. They will like you a lot more if you “"let your utterance be always with graciousness."”—Colossians 4:6.

source :http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/teenagers/ask/overcome-loneliness/
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by jahlove4jah: 5:14am On Jul 20, 2013
1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of ​YOU​ be like‐minded, showing fellow feeling, having brotherly affection, tenderly compassionate, humble in mind,
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by carzola(m): 5:15am On Jul 20, 2013
Piss ha yuh d guy man dat action in hum alone
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by nbright: 5:42am On Jul 20, 2013
In some of your threads, you do quote the scriptures, my question to you is this...: Must I read the Bible for your "tips" to work?.
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by obowunmi(m): 5:56am On Jul 20, 2013
Wat about hv sex?
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:26am On Jul 20, 2013
nbright: In some of your threads, you do quote the scriptures, my question to you is this...: Must I read the Bible for your "tips" to work?.
when we alk science, we quote theories. These theories are statement of facts that doesn't need to be crammed. U only need to see the logic behind it.

So, if he quotes bibles verses, why dnt u reason with logic and just feel it instead of attacking the bible.
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by nbright: 10:42am On Jul 20, 2013
SLIDE waxie: when we alk science, we quote theories. These theories are statement of facts that doesn't need to be crammed. U only need to see the logic behind it.

So, if he quotes bibles verses, why dnt u reason with logic and just feel it instead of attacking the bible.
Thank God you quoted my post... Show me where I attacked the Bible!...
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by clemz85(m): 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2013
nbright: Thank God you quoted my post... Show me where I attacked the Bible!...

buh yhu sounded as if yhu have issues wif d book
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by nbright: 3:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
clemz85:

buh yhu sounded as if yhu have issues wif d book
"buh" "yhu" "wif"?... Hmmm... Anyways.. How do I sound?. I simply asked a question..
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by Sanboy25: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2013
undecided
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by MrCork: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
..STORY"...self service is the best cure..pirrriod angry
Re: Overcoming Loneliness by jahlove4jah: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
-Mr Cork-:
..STORY"...self service is the best cure..pirrriod angry
why do you think so?

(1) (Reply)

Should You Have SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE ?? Funny Answers From Lagos... / Staying With Your Better Half While He/she Poos / My Turnoff In People But Mostly Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.