Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

What Has Jonathan Achieved Since He Came Into Politics? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Jonathan Achieved Since He Came Into Politics? (2520 Views)

How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? / What Has Jonathan's Administration Achieved In One Year? / What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved Since He Came Into Politics? by enny5: 10:26am On Jul 21, 2013
t-something:

wow. such an insightful post. But permit me to ask you these questions , Were we ever developed before? Did we have all these things 3 years ago before GEJ came into power? Seems the only thing GEJ has done is to go around destroying all the massive infrastructures we had? You just exhibited the highest level of cluelessness by posting such.

Unlike other people who would insult and abandon you, i will try to teach you some things about development especially in Nigeria . Before GEJ came into power our income was 90% dependant on oil, today it's reduced to about 65%. Yea that sounds Greek to you, what it means is that another sector of the economy has been revamped to help contribute to our income. Our agricultural exports have increased and the Govt is moving in to fill the next stage of the agricultural revolution which is building agro-allied industries so these agric produces could be processed in Nigeria and the refined products exported. Proof of this is the over 13 rice mills in the north, Dangote's tomato processing plant in Kano , the Chinese cassava processing mills.

All these would be run by human beings hence generate employment thereby creating wealth. However the government can't guarantee everyone Will be employed because either they don't have required skills or they aren't available for employment because they spend all day on Nairaland scooping negative news about their government .

You still dont get the point. Yes we agree that agric exports have increased and a lesser percentage of the economy in dependent on oil now. Yes we agree to that. But the real problem is the that the annual overall GDP is still falling and not increasing. THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!! Bcoz the returns from the agric exports is not in our cash flow, they are in dangote's pocket. So the republic has no claim on the real returns from these exports. The only thing we have is the tarriffs and quota that dangote pays for xporting which can be seen as negligible.
Secondly, the sectors of the economy that are no more dependent on oil, what r they now dependent on? Foreign bodies? That is not reducing dependency on oil. It is just reducing direct dependency on oil. bcoz it is still revenues from oil that will pay these forign bodies in the end, it will just take another route on annual monetary diagram.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved Since He Came Into Politics? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 21, 2013
The OP is confused and mischievous. If anyone is truely interested in seeing the achievements of the govt, GOOGLE is always there. Alternatively, the person can look through my profile for threads on the achievements of the govt. I did those threads without the prompting of anybody.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved Since He Came Into Politics? by tsomething: 11:53am On Jul 21, 2013
enny5:

You still dont get the point. Yes we agree that agric exports have increased and a lesser percentage of the economy in dependent on oil now. Yes we agree to that. But the real problem is the that the annual overall GDP is still falling and not increasing. THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!! Bcoz the returns from the agric exports is not in our cash flow, they are in dangote's pocket. So the republic has no claim on the real returns from these exports. The only thing we have is the tarriffs and quota that dangote pays for xporting which can be seen as negligible.
Secondly, the sectors of the economy that are no more dependent on oil, what r they now dependent on? Foreign bodies? That is not reducing dependency on oil. It is just reducing direct dependency on oil. bcoz it is still revenues from oil that will pay these forign bodies in the end, it will just take another route on annual monetary diagram.

Please try answering my questions in the 1st paragraph. By the way I hope we are referring to the same country here, because everyone knows that our economic indicators has been on the positive recently. The only complains from Nigerians was that these beautiful economic figures haven't translated to reduction in unemployment, hence my earlier narration of how jobs would be created. But lemme give you the avoidance of doubt that our annual GDP is falling, please can you show us where you got this information. Would appreciate if you get us these data from as far back as 1999 till date.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved Since He Came Into Politics? by playmode(m): 9:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The OP is confused and mischievous. If anyone is truely interested in seeing the achievements of the govt, GOOGLE is always there. Alternatively, the person can look through my profile for threads on the achievements of the govt. I did those threads without the prompting of anybody.

So point to the Google links if you are really SINCERE. Show us how honest and SINCERE you are by directing us to these informative links you claim exist.Put your mouth where your money is.Is that too much to ask or like your boss do you not give a DAMN when a citizen rightfully questions the President's credentials? The fact that you keep lying blatantly shows that you are devoid of any moral fiber and have started to believe your own lies. Prove me wrong and post your links to his achievements.AS GEJ's lead attack dog on NL you are doing a poor job of promoting your boss in good light.You are just lucky that most Nigerians are not intelligent enough to see through your lies.Your boss won't even win a street election in a country like the USA.

I will leave you with these facts to dwell on:

1 -You are a liar and insincere as they come.
2 -You belong to a class of unsavory human beings that make vultures look like angels
3 -You are not intelligent because if you were you will not support destructive politics
4 -You are not patriotic because if were you would not support those to suck this country dry
5 -You are classless and tactless because your debating style on NL is weak and dubious
6 -You won't post any Google link because there is nothing to post
7 -You will continue to lie because it is the only thing you get paid to do

(1) (2) (Reply)

BEHOLD: The MKO Abiola International Airport, Osun (under Construction) / China Insults Britain / Army Topple Government, Seizes Power In Burkinafaso...aftermath Of Fracas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.