Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,906 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (279617 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nastydroid(m): 12:56am On Jan 16, 2016
charlesm91:
Okay, couldn't wait no more for the official w10m update so I decided to upgrade via insiders app after following the updates closely the past few months. Its been pleasant so far and runs smoothly coupled with excellent battery life. Microsoft is finally getting there and slowly w10m is shaping up to be a viable Os to compete with ios and android. Build version 10586.63(known to resolve battery issues and overall stability). Best tip to get the best out of the update is to factory reset and then update via insiders to w10 and then factory rest again after the upgrade. Make sure to not restore but rather start clean. Everything goes smoothly onwards. Pls. I used a Lumia 830. Official update could be anytime soon.
Am also using the same device, after upgrading it to 8.1 update 2 the 3 buttons below stop working including the camera too.Did you encounter such issue too pls I need your assistance.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DankemzI(m): 9:38am On Jan 17, 2016
Patience is definitely running thin among Lumia users, as the Windows 10 update has proven an even longer and more confusing affair than anyone could have initially predicted. It is clear that Microsoft's new mobile OS won't remain reserved for its new offers, like the Lumia 950 and 550 alone and that it will be dissipated as best as possible throughout the ream of legacy devise as well. However, what was initially set to happen around the end of last year was then replace with a vague promise of an early 2016 release frame. But perhaps worse of all is the almost insurmountable confusion regarding the exact list of eligible devices. Everybody seems to have a slightly varying list of devices it deems trustworthy, from early rumors and all the way to official carrier announcements and even the Microsoft website. It doesn't help either that reports are already flying in of certain Lumia 535 and Lumia 640 devices, receiving the eagerly anticipated OTAhttp://m.gsmarena.com/new_microsoft_app_will_tell_you_if_you_lumia_is_eligible_for_a_windows_10_update-news-16117.php

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
Newest member of the family cheesy

Device: Microsoft Lumia 540

Ujsizzle, please which external lens do you use when taking photos?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Victoriousvic:
Newest member of the family cheesy

Device: Microsoft Lumia 540

Ujsizzle, please which external lens do you use when taking photos?
Welcome! cheesy

I don't use lenses. That's my Lumia camera all the way.
But if you're referring to the edit (for some obvious photos), I use Adobe PhotoShop Express (for mobile), OneShot (awesome), Fantasia Painter or Camera 360.
In that order.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 18, 2016
UjSizzle:

Welcome! cheesy

I don't use lenses. That's my Lumia camera all the way.
But if you're referring to the edit (for some obvious photos), I use Adobe PhotoShop Express (for mobile), OneShot (awesome), Fantasia Painter or Camera 360.
In that order.

Oh, thank you. I have gotten the last three. I hope my Lumia journey remains as exciting as it is. smiley
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 11:24am On Jan 18, 2016
I tried updating my phone and my network went cray so it stopped. Now I can't get it to start again and it's stuck like this. What should I do pls?
cc Caesar1 kallmemrB etc help pls?

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 18, 2016
UjSizzle:
I tried updating my phone and my network went cray so it stopped. Now I can't get it to start again and it's stuck like this. What should I do pls?
cc Caesar1 kallmemrB etc help pls?
restart ur phone and connect to a better Wifi...make sure u remove the battery and uncheck those 2boxes before u restart

And also ur battery is kinda too low for update
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2016
kallmemrB:
restart ur phone and connect to a better Wifi...make sure u remove the battery and uncheck those 2boxes before u restart

And also ur battery is kinda too low for update
It's a 930, can't remove the battery.
I've had that 'pause' for 3 days now and have tried your options
Nothing's worked sad
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
UjSizzle:

Nothing's worked sad
oh....i wont advice reset although that would fix any update prob cos u may lose all ur apps
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2016
kallmemrB:
oh....i wont advice reset although that would fix any update prob cos u may lose all ur apps
The phone eventually restarted itself and fixed itself cheesy

Thank you for the help
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by tmamuda(m): 3:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
kallmemrB:
surfy is the best...it opens any page u want

How many movies can you download at once using surfy browser
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by InLuvWithChrist(m): 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
i need a lumia 540 to buy.. Urgently.. Am nt talking abt New oh.. Just need it asap.. Must be around ibadan or lagos.. Or any where if u av the fear of God..
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Hugo70(m): 8:04pm On Jan 18, 2016
UjSizzle:

Nothing's worked sad
Guy, how much did u buy ur 930. Guys which website did u download movie from using ucbrowser.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
Hugo70:
Guy, how much did u buy ur 930. Guys which website did u download movie from using ucbrowser.
any movie site
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nastydroid(m): 9:54pm On Jan 19, 2016
Hello guys,I received an update(8.1 update 2) on my 830 after the upgrading the device, the 3 soft buttons below stopped working including the back camera(something went wrong),but the front camera is working fine.Is there a way I can rectify these errors?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
Nastydroid:
Hello guys,I received an update(8.1 update 2) on my 830 after the upgrading the device, the 3 soft buttons below stopped working including the back camera(something went wrong),but the front camera is working fine.Is there a way I can rectify these errors?
Oh so that's what the update is about.
I think people complained about this too on the MS website. Try doing a soft reset and see if it rectifies the problem.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
RealAdewole:
My l520 don brick i was playing star conquer pro n it shut down n restart showing d regular NOKIA next thing i saw was ''ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down'' pls urgent help on how to flash it
That's what you get for running W10 on 520! grin
Seriously, get a PC and flash it!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
Anybody using moviefree app here?
Don't know how to download movies with the app.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 6:29pm On Jan 20, 2016
ellapius:
k thanks people.i am loving it .but ooopp 2gig fonished in 5days pls how do i save my mb
You may go to battery saver to restrict some apps from running in the background.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by RealAdewole(m): 12:29am On Jan 21, 2016
Elxandre:

That's what you get for running W10 on 520! grin
Seriously, get a PC and flash it!
I'm actually using w8.1 and will I need to connect the PC with internet

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ellapius(f): 2:45am On Jan 21, 2016
Elxandre:

You may go to battery saver to restrict some apps from running in the background.
tanks so much u all are sooo kinf.am loving it herr
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 10:23am On Jan 21, 2016
I need a tablet to support my L535. One that would work with a keyboard btw 40 - 45k. Thanks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nastydroid(m): 4:14am On Jan 23, 2016
UjSizzle:

Oh so that's what the update is about.
I think people complained about this too on the MS website. Try doing a soft reset and see if it rectifies the problem.
still the same issue.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Uchexxy(m): 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2016
good day guys, please I have an Acer iconia tab 8w. I just got it New as a gift but I'd like to sell it or maybe swap it for a neat android tablet. call or whatsapp me on 08103245480. NB: the device is a tablet pc, therefore it doesn't have SIM slot but u can browse via WiFi
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
Try Flash sports for your sports streaming!
It's just what you've been missing.

It shows any sports event you can think of.
Even the CHAN tournament.

Data is the problem now with using the app o.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by tmamuda(m): 7:57pm On Jan 24, 2016
Elxandre:

UCL and BPL included?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 8:07pm On Jan 24, 2016
Elxandre:

You can use Glo's weekend plan for streaming, 3GB for #500 Saturday and Sunday. It can also be used for seven nights.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:42pm On Jan 24, 2016
tmamuda:

UCL and BPL included?
Any league!
With different channels for desired quality o. smiley
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 10:45pm On Jan 24, 2016
khattab008:

You can use Glo's weekend plan for streaming, 3GB for #500 Saturday and Sunday. It can also be used for seven nights.
Thanks.

Glo isn't the network you'd love in my area.

I have the monthly sub, and I tried watching the last few minutes of the Madrid game with it, you won't believe this thing couldn't stream.

My WP couldn't lock to 3G too making it a frustrating experience. (God knows how many people avoid this OS just for this reason.)
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ugotuf(m): 1:23am On Jan 25, 2016
Does any body have an idea as to why Surfy browser won't work with mobile data but only WiFi? (On 535)
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DJEhimond(m): 7:21am On Jan 25, 2016
Elxandre:

Thanks.

Glo isn't the network you'd love in my area.

I have the monthly sub, and I tried watching the last few minutes of the Madrid game with it, you won't believe this thing couldn't stream.

My WP couldn't lock to 3G too making it a frustrating experience. (God knows how many people avoid this OS just for this reason.)

Was experiencing same until I switched to manual APN and added glosecure. You can try it too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.