Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278410 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2016
Larule007:

Pls can someone download the OS without wifi,and just with data connection? Using L535 too.

I seriously doubt.... Tried all night with Data connection NO WAY, The size is above 300Mb so must be Wifi I guess.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 9:47am On Aug 19, 2016
kallmemrB:
downloaded OTA yezterday its the latest update....you can actually lock to 3G on this one

Please post picture screen shot of the setting for 3G locking
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by khattab008: 10:04am On Aug 19, 2016
honorbule:

i have upgraded to this version since last week nah...the update am talking about is the aniversary update...it was released on monday

Okay, will try to download this update, hopefully I will receive the anniversary update afterwards.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by honorbule(m): 10:08am On Aug 19, 2016
khattab008:

Okay, will try to download this update, hopefully I will receive the anniversary update afterwards.
*fingerscrossed* till then
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 12:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
kallmemrB:
yeah but its around 763 mb

I've tried all possible means to download it. I used data connection during d night with d charger plugged in,but was stuck @ 0% for hours. Even connect with wifi @ work today,crap still stuck @ 0%. Pls how many minutes/hours will it take to download using wifi?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Ekpees: 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
Larule007:

I've tried all possible means to download it. I used data connection during d night with d charger plugged in,but was stuck @ 0% for hours. Even connect with wifi @ work today,crap still stuck @ 0%. Pls how many minutes/hours will it take to download using wifi?
remove the sim from your phone,the time of the download depends on the signal stre ght of your wifi.i hope this will help
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Droyal(f): 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
Please I need to unlock Nokia lumia 521( tmobille)

I can't use it with a naija sim.

Thanks in advance
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Feraz(m): 4:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
Unseen:

Please post picture screen shot of the setting for 3G locking
kallmemrB, seconded.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
Droyal:
Please I need to unlock Nokia lumia 521( tmobille)

I can't use it with a naija sim.

Thanks in advance
Even if you manage to unlock it, are you sure the network band of that phone will work with Nigeria?

I suggest you Google how to unlock a t-mobile phone to get started.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Droyal(f): 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2016
Vorpal:

Even if you manage to unlock it, are you sure the network band of that phone will work with Nigeria?

I suggest you Google how to unlock a t-mobile phone to get started.

I didn't get your first point. Its 4G and I think I have seen a lot of people with the phone.

I have googled getting the unlock code for free no luck yet.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 7:46am On Aug 20, 2016
Finally updated to the Anniversary update and got the 3G only locking...... It can be found under mobile and sim, where you select highest connection type.

Best part is that sim 2 will NOT BE DISCONNECTED
See pics below

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by neyosea25(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2016
I just updated my device to the anniversary update but can't find "radio". Am I the only one experiencing this?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 8:06am On Aug 20, 2016
neyosea25:
I just updated my device to the anniversary update but can't find "radio". Am I the only one experiencing this?

No Sir. Mine disappeared too
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by neyosea25(m): 8:22am On Aug 20, 2016
Unseen:

Oh! They really need to do something about it. I can't do without radio. In fact, I'm missing it now! Are there better radio apps that can be downloaded from the store? I need suggestions please
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 9:13am On Aug 20, 2016
neyosea25:
Oh! They really need to do something about it. I can't do without radio. In fact, I'm missing it now! Are there better radio apps that can be downloaded from the store? I need suggestions please
Don't worry, it's disappeared before. It'll come back.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by darlingnuel(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2016
Been checking but device reports up to date! How do i get d update?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 10:08am On Aug 20, 2016
This windows crap don tire me jooor...since i upgrade to d latest OS build: 10.0.14393.67 this morning,my message,phone contacts,twitter ain't opening again...they just keep bouncing back to d home page. When wil ds people give us a lasting solution sef?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2016
Larule007:
This windows crap don tire me jooor...since i upgrade to d latest OS build: 10.0.14393.67 this morning,my message,phone contacts,twitter ain't opening again...they just keep bouncing back to d home page. When wil ds people give us a lasting solution sef?

You're alone on this one....... Am not having the issues you listed.

A soft or hard reset will help you out
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2016
neyosea25:
Radio is not coming back to windows 10 anymore Microsoft stated that they are doing away with that feature. howeveer, you can still use your local fm radio by downloading (1) Radio fm phone(2) Radiofm. from the store.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Larule007:
I will advice you to back up and reset your phone. it will definotely solve the problem.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 2:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
darlingnuel:
Been checking but device reports up to date! How do i get d update?
what's the model of your phone?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
Unseen:

No sir it did not disappear. It was deliberately removed by Microsoft. There was an article on that in Windowscentral. You can search for it and read
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
Gucciboss:

No sir it did not disappear. It was deliberately removed by Microsoft. There was an article on that in Windowscentral. You can search for it and read

I have downloaded Radio Fm Phone from store, Nice App.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
Some notable additions in the Anniversary update

1. A Camera shortcut has been added on the lock screen

See Pics Below

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2016

2. Cortana is now available for Nigeria..... At least mine is there with Nigeria as my region, so confirm yours

See Pics Below

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2016

3. Microsoft Edge now has a '' Go Forward'' button while browsing...... that is after moving back from a webpage, you can go forward to re-view the page.

See Pics Below

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by darlingnuel(m): 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Gucciboss:

what's the model of your phone?
Both on my MS Lumia 535 and Laptop! Ive checked a million times today!
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
Unseen:

You're alone on this one....... Am not having the issues you listed.

A soft or hard reset will help you out

I've reset the phone and it's now working perfectly,although i lost some apps cos i couldn't back up everything. Thanks
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
I'm really enjoying the latest anniversary version of win10...so many new cool features as @Unseen has listed above,especially d camera in d lockscreen.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
darlingnuel:
Both on my MS Lumia 535 and Laptop! Ive checked a million times today!

Question is ''Which version of windows are you running?'' Are you still on Win 8.1 or have you upgraded to Win 10?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
Larule007:

I've reset the phone and it's now working perfectly,although i lost some apps cos i couldn't back up everything. Thanks

Am Glad you are settled now.... The update is a major awesome one

Larule007:
I'm really enjoying the latest anniversary version of win10...so many new cool features as @Unseen has listed above,especially d camera in d lockscreen.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by darlingnuel(m): 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
Unseen:

Question is ''Which version of windows are you running?'' Are you still on Win 8.1 or have you upgraded to Win 10?
We are talking about upgrading to AU. My devices are running Win10 version 10586.545

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.