Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (279244 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
Unseen:
Some notable additions in the Anniversary update

1. A Camera shortcut has been added on the lock screen

See Pics Below
Did they stop manufacturing windows phone with the camera button by the side? Coz I don't see the point of another shortcut button in the screen undecided

And the radio app. Do you need internet connection to make it work? If yes, might as well download TuneIn radio instead undecided
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2016
Unseen:

I have downloaded Radio Fm Phone from store, Nice App.
confirm. but i prefer the other app
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
darlingnuel:
We are talking about upgrading to AU. My devices are running Win10 version 10586.545

Nawa oooo, This one strong oooo.

Anyway do some checks,

1. Ensure your region is Nigeria [ I hope you are not using all this unlocked phones from Verizon etc.]

2. Remove your sims, use a wifi and search for update...

3. Keep trying............ While updating mine, I removed the sims, and tried with good wifi for hours before the update moved from 0% and I also pulled the battery severally
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
Unseen:
Some notable additions in the Anniversary update

2. Cortana is now available for Nigeria..... At least mine is there with Nigeria as my region, so confirm yours

See Pics Below
Wow... are u sure about this? because i tried it but it wasnt available after my AU.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 10:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
UjSizzle:

Did they stop manufacturing windows phone with the camera button by the side? Coz I don't see the point of another shortcut button in the screen undecided

And the radio app. Do you need internet connection to make it work? If yes, might as well download TuneIn radio instead undecided

Yes they stopped manufacturing phones with side camera button,

the radio don't need internet only earphones to listen to FM.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 10:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
Gucciboss:

Wow... are u sure about this? because i tried it but it wasnt available after my AU.

the bing search button launches cortana but you can also see it in the apps menu
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 11:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
Unseen:

the bing search button launches cortana but you can also see it in the apps menu
Actually cortana is not yet available in Nigeria but you can choose one of the availble region's language for it to work.
Thanks for this. I ve changed my region back to Nigeria.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kenzy11(m): 5:29am On Aug 21, 2016
Updated to Anniversary Update but Radio App missing help

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 21, 2016
Feraz:
kallmemrB, seconded.
i dont know how long it will take to download but i used glo sub for it and it took like 30mins though

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Jossyroyal1: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2016
Bosses pls how can we change region?? my Microsoft lumia 640lte was sent from US but ive unlocked though. if i had to upgrade to win20, which region do i use thanks for timely response
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by neyosea25(m): 9:03am On Aug 21, 2016
The radio FM phone app does not have loudspeaker. Can anyone help me on how to use the app?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by darlingnuel(m): 11:16am On Aug 21, 2016
Unseen:

Nawa oooo, This one strong oooo.

Anyway do some checks,

1. Ensure your region is Nigeria [ I hope you are not using all this unlocked phones from Verizon etc.]

2. Remove your sims, use a wifi and search for update...

3. Keep trying............ While updating mine, I removed the sims, and tried with good wifi for hours before the update moved from 0% and I also pulled the battery severally
Im using US as my region, and previous updates came without hitch. The AU hasnt even been presented as an available update for my pc and phone let alone getting stuck at 0%.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 11:46am On Aug 21, 2016
neyosea25:
The radio FM phone app is not have loudspeaker. Can anyone help me on how to use the app?
Download FM Radio app it has loudspeaker.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 11:57am On Aug 21, 2016
darlingnuel:
Im using US as my region, and previous updates came without hitch. The AU hasnt even been presented as an available update for my pc and phone let alone getting stuck at 0%.

Download upgrade advisor by microsoft.
i believe you can get the update from there.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 12:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jossyroyal1:
Bosses pls how can we change region?? my Microsoft lumia 640lte was sent from US but ive unlocked though. if i had to upgrade to win20, which region do i use thanks for timely response
You dont need to change region before you can update . Just search for update through phone update under setting. If you are still in windows 8.1, go to store and download "upgrade advisor" app and check if your phone is eligible for windows 10.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
Jossyroyal1:

Was it branded at&t? Am asking cause I want to get one and am worried if it will work with nigeria's network band?

Plus did you get the official windows 10 update?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
For those still looking for fm radio after Anniversary update, this is what Microsoft has to say about it

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by nadalion: 9:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Take note guys, the Anniversary update has been realised but the update might not be available for your phones yet. This is because People that use unlocked(Originally locked to a network e.g verizon, at&t, t-mobile, etc phones), I'll have to wait for the operators to push the update to their imei/serial numbers. the update according to microsoft I'll roll out first to non branded lumias before they get to those locked(now opened) units.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 6:10am On Aug 22, 2016
I can't believe they discontinued the Microsoft Health and Fitness app. If they won't even support their own apps, how do they expect others to stay? These guys keep making their OS less appealing by the second.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Unseen(m): 6:50am On Aug 22, 2016
UjSizzle:
I can't believe they discontinued the Microsoft Health and Fitness app. If they won't even support their own apps, how do they expect others to stay? These guys keep making their OS less appealing by the second.

Who uses that app? Personally I uninstalled the app after every upgrade including Bing News etc

From the info above, apps with less usage are discontinued

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 7:36am On Aug 22, 2016
UjSizzle:
switch.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 8:59am On Aug 22, 2016
Unseen:

Who uses that app? Personally I uninstalled the app after every upgrade including Bing News etc

From the info above, apps with less usage are discontinued
I loved it. It was the best fitness app I found since Fitbit pulled out sad
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 11:14am On Aug 22, 2016
Guyz, i really lik d gud intel abt win10 OS. Shld i upgrade my L535 frm 8.1 to 10? Kindly respond
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
Mfunkynation:
Guyz, i really lik d gud intel abt win10 OS. Shld i upgrade my L535 frm 8.1 to 10? Kindly respond
Funny you!
Yes, you should
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
Pls wat is d size of the upgrade? Am i gettin win 10 AU If i upgrADe now?
Gucciboss:

Funny you!
Yes, you should
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by barofterror(m): 12:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
Plz houz help my nokia lumia 630 i put it on 3g but it showing 2g what is d solution
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Mfunkynation(m): 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
Mayb d is no 3g service 4 dat netwrk yet. Jus b patient or restart ur phone
barofterror:
Plz houz help my nokia lumia 630 i put it on 3g but it showing 2g what is d solution
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Jossyroyal1: 5:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
Vorpal:

Was it branded at&t? Am asking cause I want to get one and am worried if it will work with nigeria's network band?

Plus did you get the official windows 10 update?
It is at@t and i got update but yet to update because i dont hav strong network here
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Jossyroyal1: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Gucciboss:

You dont need to change region before you can update . Just search for update through phone update under setting. If you are still in windows 8.1, go to store and download "upgrade advisor" app and check if your phone is eligible for windows 10.
am on 8.1 and am eligible... it abt 1.26gb in size but yet to download to bad network and low storage space
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by barofterror(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
Mfunkynation:
Mayb d is no 3g service 4 dat netwrk yet. Jus b patient or restart ur phone
am using mtn sim card and there is 3g network on my area. Tanks for ur respond
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
Jossyroyal1:

It is at@t and i got update but yet to update because i dont hav strong network here
Okay, I guess you did not bother to de-brand.
In an area where there is good reception do you get good 3g+ network on it?
Plus I think it's better you use a WiFi as everyone who have successfully updated went through that means.
Please do post the aftermath of the upgrade here.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Jossyroyal1: 6:09am On Aug 23, 2016
Vorpal:

Okay, I guess you did not bother to de-brand.
In an area where there is good reception do you get good 3g+ network on it?
Plus I think it's better you use a WiFi as everyone who have successfully updated went through that means.
Please do post the aftermath of the upgrade here.
I will use a gud network as soon as i get to lag... i dont get 3G on my phone.... just edge and 4G

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.