Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278389 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 5:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
ajeswagh:
guys i wanted to get my self a tecno l7 but seeing d way u guys are praising windows os. i had a rethink and now ive decided to buy a lumia 540.
so i need your advice on data plans to use. BTW its been long since i used airtel and i heard they have very affordable data plans, i dont want to make any mistake so i need ur advice consigning the choice of service providers that'll give me very affordable data plans i can use on my lumia.. right now i use glo and mtn on my Android cus of the bb sub and mtn simple server
check out the network with the best connection speed in your location (state) I use mtn generally not because they have the best offers but their speed is okay
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
Well, downloaded it, installed it. Every app installed on sd card not working. Had to reinstall. Screenshots loading...
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 7:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
orimion:
Well, downloaded it, installed it. Every app installed on sd card not working. Had to reinstall. Screenshots loading...
We are waiting for your review.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
pls who else is having this same issue ?

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
milvet:
ok I just updated my whatsapp nw but still nothing different

For the fact that notifications come in only when you launch the app indicates that it does not run in the background. Certain situations that may cause an app not to run in the background include:
*Your battery saver is "always on" in which case apps that are supposed to run in background run only when you launch 'em or when your device is plugged into a charger. Head to "Settings>Battery saver>Battery saving options" to change your options.

*The application may be disabled from running in the background. The windows phone by default allows only 30 apps to run in the background, so if you already have that quota filled, you might need to disable background running of one of the 30 apps before any other apps can set itself by default to run in background upon installation. Head to "Settings>battery saver >(swipe to) usage" to show applications battery consumption and to change the settings.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
abduldope:
@Abduldope. Try out the same procedure immediately above this post to troubleshoot your whatsapp issues. That MAY solve the problem.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
ceaser:

@Abduldope. Try out the same procedure immediately above this post to troubleshoot your whatsapp issues. That MAY solve the problem.
still having that issue,despite this method
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 10:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
abduldope:
many at times it's when network is bad or you party for WhatsApp subscription only like the one mtn offers.

If you didn't pay WhatsApp subscription, just reboot your phone and it will be okay
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Promxy94(m): 11:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
Youngpo413:
I heard it had a touchscreen issues,has it been resolved?
mine has no screen issue
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 12:14am On Jul 05, 2015
talktimi:
many at times it's when network is bad or you party for WhatsApp subscription only like the one mtn offers.

If you didn't pay WhatsApp subscription, just reboot your phone and it will be okay
tnx
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by orimion(m): 9:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
about the win10 TP, after some time, the phone didn't unlock after entering the password. I read online that it's a problem that I should wait for an hour or two and not to switch off the phone. By that time I've already rebooted several times. So I had to hard reset the phone. Since I can't access settings, I tried the key combination (vol up, down, power,down) it brought the two spinning gears but after a while brought a screen with a sad face on it. I've bricked the phone. So I'm looking for a laptop to revert back to win8.1 before I update again (yes, I'm going to try it again)
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Adebaba1(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
Pls who has a Lumia 920 for sale?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ycmdng(m): 10:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
Adebaba1:
I have a neatly used 920 in Lagos, call me to negotiate.

In need of Lumia 1020 or 930 to buy. Contact me via 081562924841. Thanks.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by talktimi(m): 10:14pm On Jul 05, 2015
abduldope:
tnx
you're welcome
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
orimion:
about the win10 TP, after some time, the phone didn't unlock after entering the password. I read online that it's a problem that I should wait for an hour or two and not to switch off the phone. By that time I've already rebooted several times. So I had to hard reset the phone. Since I can't access settings, I tried the key combination (vol up, down, power,down) it brought the two spinning gears but after a while brought a screen with a sad face on it. I've bricked the phone. So I'm looking for a laptop to revert back to win8.1 before I update again (yes, I'm going to try it again)

Eyah...that's pretty bad experience.
Any keep us posted.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 10:23pm On Jul 05, 2015
orimion:

Eyah! That's pretty bad experience.
Anyway keep us posted.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
for those who have the tp 10 for windows, once u reset the phone with the tp installed the apps on SD will misbehave and it may not function as well as it should on a normal day.

for best results for the tp10, install it fresh from wp 8.1 and do not reset it. it will save you any stress coming from resetting the phone. secondly anything that has to do with the phone hanging, i would suggest you simply switch off the phone or remove the battery

regards and good afternoon
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nastydroid(m): 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2015
kinesis:
for those who have the tp 10 for windows, once u reset the phone with the tp installed the apps on SD will misbehave and it may not function as well as it should on a normal day.

for best results for the tp10, install it fresh from wp 8.1 and do not reset it. it will save you any stress coming from resetting the phone. secondly anything that has to do with the phone hanging, i would suggest you simply switch off the phone or remove the battery

regards and good afternoon
am receiving an update now on my phone saying it will stop the auto reboot,i think it is the win 10 tp because the size is about 800mb+.should i ignore the update?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
Adebaba1:

You may ring this guy (See screenshot below). He appears to have a juicy offer. Mind you: The disclaimer - I'm not a guarantor here.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
Adebaba1:
You may try this guy. Please note that whatever business is at your own risk as I'm not guarantor to the seller.

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
are u already on the windows insider and have applied one of the options (fast or slow insider). if u hvae then it will most likely be a tp10 update. but if u are still on wp8.1 and havent used the windows insider app then it is just an update for wp8.1. do the needful though. i'd advice u update if its for the tp10 as there will be improvements with each update. so it's a YES to update
Nastydroid:
am receiving an update now on my phone saying it will stop the auto reboot,i think it is the win 10 tp because the size is about 800mb+.should i ignore the update?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by kelechiMarie(f): 6:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
I'm planning on getting lumia 540 by next week,i need a honest review from anyone using it. Thanks in advance. And does anyone know the best store to get it in benin?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by abduldope(m): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
stillchris:

one downside about windows mobile is that you are limited to certain apps and heavy games when using a 512mb ram device.

i first used 630 before going for 730 after realizing this.

and if you are using a 1gig ram device, change your region to US then restart your phone.

the Nigerian store is limited also.

hope that helps
sorry to dstrb man bt i need u to recommend a dwnloader app for me to dwnload movies cus site lyk mobtvseries dont wrk on ucbrowser and opera as i hav note. tnx
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
kelechiMarie:
I'm planning on getting lumia 540 by next week,i need a honest review from anyone using it. Thanks in advance. And does anyone know the best store to get it in benin?
The phone is okay but the battery is not that strong especially when you are surfing the net.
Also there is this issue of not being able to switch to 3g only, this part is so frustrating but aside the two, I think it's okay.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
abduldope:
sorry to dstrb man bt i need u to recommend a dwnloader app for me to dwnload movies cus site lyk mobtvseries dont wrk on ucbrowser and opera as i hav note. tnx
For your movie downloads, search for wptorrent it works perfectly for me.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Gucciboss:

The phone is okay but the battery is not that strong especially when you are surfing the net.
Also there is this issue of not being able to switch to 3g only, this part is so frustrating but aside the two, I think it's okay.
Do you have the 540?
And I thought new phones like 535 etc come along with the option to lock to 3g only mode?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 7:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Gucciboss:

Do you have the 540?
And I thought newer phones like 535 etc come along with the option to lock to 3g only mode, Why is the 540 different
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Gucciboss: 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
Elxandre:

Do you have the 540?
And I thought new phones like 535 etc come along with the option to lock to 3g only mode?
Yes, I have the phone.

This 540 cannot be locked to 3g only. I still don't know what Microsoft were thinking when they made that foolish decision.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by henry007(m): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
Elxandre:

Do you have the 540?
the 535 does have 3G only.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Larule007(m): 8:38am On Jul 12, 2015
abduldope:

Go to O2tvseries on ucbrowser and download latest movie series u want...very fast downloading too

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.