Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Windows Mobile Naija Forum - Phones (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Mobile Naija Forum (278981 Views)

Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2015
Skills102:
na typo error..contana nt wrkin
i meant i cant attach any Doc. in my email,the attachment alws tk me to pictures nt doc.despite avin it on a folder in phone files..any help
For Cortana. Change your region to USA. Then set your language to English, USA. And turn on Location on your device.

To attach documents to mail. Go to your documents, hold down the file you want to send, select share, choose your service (gmail, ymail, Hmail etc). Document will be attached to the email of your choice and you can proceed to type your message.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by arazanbal: 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2015
ceaser:

Really some submissions on this forum has been misleading people. Windows 10 (update to windows 7/8.1) for PC and tablet form factors is what is released this month. Windows phone 10 OS official release isn't due till October.

Well bro,na 4G update tinx d tin brin for me ooo,i nw hav 2G,3G nd 4G ntwrk nw,
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by mablie(m): 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
Experts in the house please enlighten me.Which is a better phone in terms of quality and services?Googles' android phones or windows phones?Or are they just similar products by different manufacturers?
I've searched the internet for days but couldn't get any credible answers
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 11:32pm On Jul 29, 2015
mablie:
Experts in the house please enlighten me.Which is a better phone in terms of quality and services?Googles' android phones or windows phones?Or are they just similar products by different manufacturers?
I've searched the internet for days but couldn't get any credible answers
Why don't you try detailing the things you want in a phone first and your budget? That will help narrow your search.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by mablie(m): 11:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
UjSizzle:

Why don't you try detailing the things you want in a phone first and your budget? That will help narrow your search.
No ma'am.That isn't where i'm driving at .My question is,are Google android phones similar to windows mobile phones? or are they completely different?Do they possess thesame/different operating systems,apps and softwares?If they are different?Which phone maker creates better quality phones between both companies?(That is microsoft and google).I am aware microsoft as a company,dominates the PC software industry and even the videogame industry with its x-boxes but when it comes to the smartphone industry,it is behind apples i-phone and googles android.Why is that?Is it because they make less quality mobile phones or did they just ignore the smartphone industry for too long?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 12:20am On Jul 30, 2015
mablie:
No ma'am.That isn't where i'm driving at .My question is,are Google android phones similar to windows mobile phones? or are they completely different?Do they possess thesame/different operating systems,apps and softwares?If they are different?Which phone maker creates better quality phones between both companies?(That is microsoft and google).I am aware microsoft as a company,dominates the PC software industry and even the videogame industry with its x-boxes but when it comes to the smartphone industry,it is behind apples i-phone and googles android.Why is that?Is it because they make less quality mobile phones or did they just ignore the smartphone industry for too long?
Oh okay.
Android and Windows phone have different OS (as the names imply). You can find some similar apps in the store of both OS, but Andy's got more.
I think htc, samsung and nexus will give you good android mobile devices.
For windows, everyone (or almost everyone) goes with the lumia.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by mablie(m): 6:38am On Jul 30, 2015
UjSizzle:

Oh okay.
Android and Windows phone have different OS (as the names imply). You can find some similar apps in the store of both OS, but Andy's got more.
I think htc, samsung and nexus will give you good android mobile devices.
For windows, everyone (or almost everyone) goes with the lumia.

Thank you for clarifying some of my questions.Last question,why do you prefare using microsofts' windows phones rather than googles' androids?Are windows phones like the lumia series underrated in the smartphone market?Or are they just inferior products compared to googles android brands like LG and tecno?Or do googles' android fanboys/girls simply use them because of the hundreds of apps they can acquire with the phones?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Skills102(m): 7:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
ceaser:

This is what you do in case of Microsoft office documents. Open the office app in your phone. Then locate the document and long-press on it. You get the options in screenshot. Select "share" and you have the options to share including thru e-mail.

To share from the phone file system, get Microsoft "files" app installed on your device. You can then manage your files therein, including sharing them.

Here are some file managers that are good.

Check out "Aerize Explorer Pro" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=6c4f5660-1ad4-416c-b3ea-c157b62fe49d

Check out "Files&Folders Pro" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=ec460870-3353-4d18-86e1-4b30cdabb432

Check out "Files" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=762e837f-461d-4847-8399-3526f54fc25e
is der any free app dt can convert pdf-MSword and vice versa apart frm acrobat dt will requir moni
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by imagrg(m): 11:03pm On Jul 30, 2015
When I want to update from windows 8 to 8.1 on my nokia lumia 822, it keeps telling me wifi is not available to enable it download even when I have 1gig data on my phone. How do I connect to a wifi network please. Reply urgently sir.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
just installed windows phone 10 technical preview on lumia 640 xl and its very stable and fast.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DankemzI(m): 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
kaydguru:
just installed windows phone 10 technical preview on lumia 640 xl and its very stable and fast.

Screen shots please
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 5:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
arazanbal:

Well bro,na 4G update tinx d tin brin for me ooo,i nw hav 2G,3G nd 4G ntwrk nw,

I had 4G available on my L920 the moment I updated from WP8.0 to WP8.1. Not long afterwards, I was notified of a "critical update" for WP8.1 developers preview yo upgrade from Cyan to Denim. And zap! The 4G just disappeared after the update. I was seriously pained meeen. So watch it bro.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
Skills102:
is der any free app dt can convert pdf-MSword and vice versa apart frm acrobat dt will requir moni

None that I'm aware of. Sorry.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 5:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
imagrg:
When I want to update from windows 8 to 8.1 on my nokia lumia 822, it keeps telling me wifi is not available to enable it download even when I have 1gig data on my phone. How do I connect to a wifi network please. Reply urgently sir.

Windows phone 8.0 to 8.1 is about 900mb size. MSFT will prefer you use WiFi to download that much data, hence the continual request that you connect to WiFi. There are other critical but minor updates that are around 60-200mb. You are allowed to download those ones using your cellular data.

What you can do now is to get your sim into another windows or android phone, switch on the WiFi sharing on that phone and connect your Lumia to it.

Alternatively, if you use Glo and you don't wanna remove your micro sim from your L822, you can share your 1 gig thru datashare to another Glo SIM on any Windows phone or android device, then get your L822 connected to their broadcasted WiFi.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by ceaser: 5:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
kaydguru:

Enjoy the great world of WP10 for phones. I'm still temporizing in my own case though. Think I'll wait it out till September. cheesy
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
ceaser:

I had 4G available on my L920 the moment I updated from WP8.0 to WP8.1. Not long afterwards, I was notified of a "critical update" for WP8.1 developers preview yo upgrade from Cyan to Denim. And zap! The 4G just disappeared after the update. I was seriously pained meeen. So watch it bro.
that type of 4G is the same thing as H+
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
imagrg:
look for another smartphone and connect with the hotspot
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 31, 2015
DankemzI:

Screen shots please

screen capture is disabled in this build.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 1:47am On Aug 01, 2015
Skills102:
I heard 'xodo docs' does that. You should try it.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by UjSizzle(f): 1:50am On Aug 01, 2015
mablie:
Thank you for clarifying some of my questions.Last question,why do you prefare using microsofts' windows phones rather than googles' androids?Are windows phones like the lumia series underrated in the smartphone market?Or are they just inferior products compared to googles android brands like LG and tecno?Or do googles' android fanboys/girls simply use them because of the hundreds of apps they can acquire with the phones?
Nope, there's nothing wrong with the Lumia devices. Nokia makes a helluva phone.
I use Windows because I prefer the OS to Android (personal choice) and it works fine for my needs.

And Lumia phones aren't underrated. Lumia devices are like the Nexus of the Windows OS.

3 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DankemzI(m): 2:12am On Aug 01, 2015
kaydguru:

screen capture is disabled in this build.

Just try and give a general review of the Windows 10, your disappointment ........ & others
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Elxandre(m): 9:53am On Aug 01, 2015
abduldope:
have this upadte since last week bt yet jst to dwnld odinary 5kb file will only lead to dwnld failed
I'm thinking this is a file system error.
I'm trying to think how to fix it.

Though a system reset will fix it, but that's too drastic.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 01, 2015
DankemzI:

Just try and give a general review of the Windows 10, your disappointment ........ & others

WP 10 is smoother than WP 8.1 Update 2 that i was on before, although some apps take forever to load. i.e bbm.

Email app improved.

Icons are looking better & now have full transparent background.

Improved battery life.

Improved and more functions on the camera app

the new dialpad & contacts app looks sexy.

the office apps have been totally revamped, loads faster and quite smooth.

one can now switch between 2g/3g/ 4g. I use both Mtn and Smile LTE (very fast) as my device is dual sim Lte.

I would rate the new OS 8/10

2 Likes

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 10:49am On Aug 01, 2015
kaydguru:

WP 10 is smoother than WP 8.1 Update 2 that i was on before, although some apps take forever to load. i.e bbm.

Email app improved.

Improved battery life.

one can now switch between 2g/3g/ 4g. I use both Mtn and Smile LTE (very fast) as my device is dual sim Lte.

4G on all lumia?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 01, 2015
Youngpo413:
4G on all lumia?

I can only speak about my own device. Lumia 640 xl
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Youngpo413: 10:55am On Aug 01, 2015
kaydguru:

I can only speak about my own device. Lumia 640 xl
wow that's what I'm using too,how can I get window 10
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DankemzI(m): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2015
kaydguru:

Email app improved.

Improved battery life.

Did your phone come with 4g before the upgrade?
What about that screen shot bug?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 01, 2015
DankemzI:

Did your phone come with 4g before the upgrade?
What about that screen shot bug?

Yes, Dual sim LTE. Its not really a bug, Screenshot is just disabled by Microsoft on this build.
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 01, 2015
Youngpo413:
wow that's what I'm using too,how can I get window 10

At your own risk!. Go to the marketplace download the "Windows Insider" app. You can choose to use fast or slow builds.

1 Like

Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by DankemzI(m): 11:04am On Aug 01, 2015
kaydguru:

Yes,. Dual sim LTE
Ok.... Thanks for the review, how can I get the upgrade? Will I be notified? What about that screen shot?
Re: Windows Mobile Naija Forum by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2015
DankemzI:

Ok.... Thanks for the review, how can I get the upgrade? Will I be notified? What about that screen shot?

Its not an official update, Its a technical preview. Release date for official build is still unknown.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (158) (Reply)

Links To Downgrade From BBM8 To BBM7 / Innjoo Note Discussion Thread / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.