Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines (16617 Views)

Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari / 2015 Governors Elect In All States. / 2015:: Anyim, Governors, Ministers Escape Death At Minna TAN Rally.!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
maxwello.yg:

let us go to derailers' paradise?

IF U WAN TEST ME wink, MEET ME ON ETHNO...but not here azzhole
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
These Leaders are fools . BIG ONES. Are they now trying to tell the masses a solid security solution cannot be worked out?....
...i only see Nigeria tending to TOTAL SELF-DESTRUCT each seconds with things like this sha
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by WildChild00(m): 1:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
No wonder today wen I was talking, I over hard someone taking @ the background, gaskiya I must to port to foriegn line Thuraya phone, O2, Orange etc
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by Wsdm: 1:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
greatgod2012: The truth is that these our leaders dont have neither belief nor interest in whatever that emanated from Nigeria, the only thing they are interested in, is looting our money and spending it in foreign countries.
For example........
*their children doesnt school in Nigeria.
*they dont believe in Nigeria's medical facilities and personnels, even, if its ordinary headache they have, they will prefer travelling abroad for medical treatment than upgrading our medical centres to internatinal standard.
*they usually spend their holidays in foreign countries.
*their immediate family members like wives, children and parents do not reside in Nigeria, they only come for public functionaries and return immediately.
and now
*they dont use Nigeria GSM network again, they prefer foreign lines to our dear own GSM lines.

Now, tell me, what belief or interest do they have in Nigeria, except to loot our money and go to foreign countries to squander it.
God will jugde them.

And for not monitoring foreign GSM communication, that is a big lie.
And we(the masses) sit down in the comfort of our rooms insulting each others religious views and queueing ethnoreligiously at the back of these CLOWNS.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by kabba7(m): 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
Subscribing to networks of smaller African countries is safer than those from Europe\ America right now many people in those state of emergency are on Chad & Niger republic networks for voice ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ Data services.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by iguita: 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
lovejo: Solution is just SKYPE .

Even skype can be compromised.... Nothing is secure.... Except its not electronic communications
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
and they expect to pay from our money? Na foolishness abi na the foreign sim wey dem no de monitor, shey de sim go use MTN roam na
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by Skmoda360(m): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
tpia@:
Who said foreign phone lines arent monitored?
I don't know for them
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by igbsam(m): 2:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
More reason why we should not have our hopes high that this crazy bunch of baboons called leaders would help develop this nation. They'd rather prefer everything from abroad than to develop nigeria. They thing they would be safe out there. WOe betides them and their generations.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by blackbeau1(f): 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
Very soon, they will move the seat of government to other countries, claiming Nigeria is not safe for them. But btw, y is this so surprising? Afterall,their children don't school in Nigeria and they don't receive medical treatment in Nigeria. They are just suffering from inferiority complex and later they will tell d masses support 'Made in Nigeria'.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by moyinoluwabun(m): 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]
Brimmie: [size=20]I Had No Shoesssss!! sad I Married Hippopo... My Name Is Goodluck.. And I 'll Bring You Goodluck grin grin I Laff In Chinko.. Cho Cho Ichuku Yiuunn Chun Yoko Cho Cho!! grin grin[/size]
cheesy
Brimmie: [size=20]I Had No Shoesssss!! sad I Married Hippopo... My Name Is Goodluck.. And I 'll Bring You Goodluck grin grin I Laff In Chinko.. Cho Cho Ichuku Yiuunn Chun Yoko Cho Cho!! grin grin[/size]
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by visalo: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2013

A son of slowpoke=A Fool
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by talk2s(m): 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
tpia@:
Who said foreign phone lines arent monitored?

Did u read the article through, at all?
Little wonder you hurriedly responded on the first position. Sad.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by Biggysmalls919(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
ridiculous. Havent they heard of what happens here in america? Or they dont know saudi, uk everybody is doing it secretely. No problem. So long as they dont plan terrorist attacks with it. But should also know that we would know which bank they are depositing all nigeria's money.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by chrisdstar: 4:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
Selfish leaders!!! They only invest in situations that seem to be a threat to their positions.how can all this affect the life of the average Nigerian.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by pat077: 4:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
i think it's tyme they start to import foreign air to breath coz our air is also polluted. Idiara!
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by juman(m): 6:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
dilbert100: nonsense

nigeria is a lost nation.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by chidexy(m): 7:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
The technology used in monitoring phone messages is voice activated. Even if you use your neighbour's telephone line or a SIM obtained from Afghanistan, once the person under surveillance says Hello! the program recognizes the voice and starts recording.

Why am I bothering sef. The governors no sabi anything apart from under age girls and stealing of our commonwealth
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by ZN2: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
chidexy: The technology used in monitoring phone messages is voice activated. Even if you use your neighbour's telephone line or a SIM obtained from Afghanistan, once the person under surveillance says Hello! the program recognizes the voice and starts recording.

Why am I bothering sef. The governors no sabi anything apart from under age girls and stealing of our commonwealth

Pray tell. undecided

Funny how some folks here be fronting excess knowledge.

Dude, re-read your post. The program? what program? Is it installed in the targets brain? or perhaps on every single mobile provider?
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by chidexy(m): 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
~ZN~:

Pray tell. undecided

Funny how some folks here be fronting excess knowledge.

Dude, re-read your post. The program? what program? Is it installed in the targets brain? or perhaps on every single mobile provider?

Believe me, I know what I am talking about. You asked about the program? You think the agency the governors are suspicious of listening in on their conversation, just lift a telephone to eavesdrop?
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by ZN2: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
chidexy:

Believe me, I know what I am talking about. You asked about the program? You think the agency the governors are suspicious of listening in on their conversation, just lift a telephone to eavesdrop?

Quit drabbling, "once the person under surveillance says "Hello" even on a neighbors phone or a sim bought from afghanistan", the program starts recording by detecting your voice" is a fallacy you made up.

Chips haven't been installed in humans yet. They have to track down the target's phone line first, then tap it. QED.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by chidexy(m): 9:28pm On Jul 22, 2013
OK let me spell it out to you a bit more elaborately. Here's how it works (in a layman's point of view). Say Person A is someone of interest and his conversations are to be monitored. His voice is added to the program and calls are filtered for a match, and once there is (i.e, the person uses a phone to make a call, the program is activated to start recording the message - irrespective of the phone he uses. Mind you, using a foreign SIM (same thing as roaming) the voice still has to go through the infrastructure of the networks in the country the card is being used, so the program will still pick it up.

That your mind can't conceive the possibility of such doesn't mean it's not ota akara stuff in this age

1 Like

Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by smoothlips(m): 10:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
gregtochi:

Your stupidity is nuseating
shataaaap dia..don't u have any sense of humour?
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by manny4life(m): 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
chidexy: OK let me spell it out to you a bit more elaborately. Here's how it works (in a layman's point of view). Say Person A is someone of interest and his conversations are to be monitored. His voice is added to the program and calls are filtered for a match, and once there is (i.e, the person uses a phone to make a call, the program is activated to start recording the message - irrespective of the phone he uses. Mind you, using a foreign SIM (same thing as roaming) the voice still has to go through the infrastructure of the networks in the country the card is being used, so the program will still pick it up.

That your mind can't conceive the possibility of such doesn't mean it's not ota akara stuff in this age

Having watched a lot of intelligence movies and programs including the famous "EAGLE EYE", you're to almost correct. At least what I've seen on the screen, what you have explained how the system goes, this is how U.S. is able to track almost any call around the world. Nonetheless, as seen in several movies, they have DOD Certified Encryption Software/Systems which encrypts the call.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by ZN2: 12:46am On Jul 23, 2013
chidexy: OK let me spell it out to you a bit more elaborately. Here's how it works (in a layman's point of view). Say Person A is someone of interest and his conversations are to be monitored. His voice is added to the program and calls are filtered for a match, and once there is (i.e, the person uses a phone to make a call, the program is activated to start recording the message - irrespective of the phone he uses. Mind you, using a foreign SIM (same thing as roaming) the voice still has to go through the infrastructure of the networks in the country the card is being used, so the program will still pick it up.

Oh my, you really do work inside the Nigerian DSS to know exactly how their technology works.

Listen up, son. Stop playing with your imaginations and yammering on cluelessly from stuff you watched on the Big screen.

You have any idea the sort of spying facility you're painting? You realize that every mobile carrier in the damn country would have to consent to it and make a lot of modifications on their infrastructure to provide access to softwares constantly scanning each call made and comparing it with the "audio sample" for a match, then recording it? You really realize how much resources a project like that would undertake and cost to run? Let's not even go into the cellular network receptiveness and poor audio. Your imaginative talent sure packs a punch.

Even the sleekiest, advanced phone spy tech at the moment (to my knowledge, the sting-ray), used by the FBI has no such "auto mode" capabilities, and heck, they still have to go through a lot of manual work, filtering/deleting data unrelated to their target.

And here you are, telling me, a country that still struggles to provide 24/7 electricity for it's citizens has a high-tech "automatic" phone spy technology in place that constantly scans every call made in the entire region, compares it to a pre-recorded audio from a target, identifies the fellow regardless the phone line in the world he uses to call a line in the country, starts recording his conversation and probably alert a superior via phone or sms "Bingo, Boss we've got new leads".

No point arguing with you. Your imaginations are hilarious enough.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by olagamalin(m): 6:41am On Jul 23, 2013
okpara ugo:

As you hate on mr president, i doubt you will come close to being a president ur entire life.
he can end up being the President of their Palmwine club
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by jonnycheddars(m): 8:01am On Jul 23, 2013
~ZN~:

Oh my, you really do work inside the Nigerian DSS to know exactly how their technology works.

Listen up, son. Stop playing with your imaginations and yammering on cluelessly from stuff you watched on the Big screen.

You have any idea the sort of spying facility you're painting? You realize that every mobile carrier in the damn country would have to consent to it and make a lot of modifications on their infrastructure to provide access to softwares constantly scanning each call made and comparing it with the "audio sample" for a match, then recording it? You really realize how much resources a project like that would undertake and cost to run? Let's not even go into the cellular network receptiveness and poor audio. Your imaginative talent sure packs a punch.

Even the sleekiest, advanced phone spy tech at the moment (to my knowledge, the sting-ray), used by the FBI has no such "auto mode" capabilities, and heck, they still have to go through a lot of manual work, filtering/deleting data unrelated to their target.

And here you are, telling me, a country that still struggles to provide 24/7 electricity for it's citizens has a high-tech "automatic" phone spy technology in place that constantly scans every call made in the entire region, compares it to a pre-recorded audio from a target, identifies the fellow regardless the phone line in the world he uses to call a line in the country, starts recording his conversation and probably alert a superior via phone or sms "Bingo, Boss we've got new leads".

No point arguing with you. Your imaginations are hilarious enough.

You are quite right about...."lot of manual work, filtering/deleting data unrelated to their target".....its how GCHQ's Tempora is alleged to work. Phone companies are compelled via warrants to cooperate or risk some arm-twisting via policies from regulatory agencies. Forget about 24/7 electricity.....it's the populace that lacks constant power supply,the spy agencies don't. There is a program called PRISM deployed in the U.S and GALAXY deployed in Nigeria. So using foreign lines doesn't change a thing,cos global intelligence sharing is at an all time peak. If you are one of the "paste the link of your source joor" goons....pls use www.google.com....that's all!
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by chairman: 8:14am On Jul 23, 2013
Why must some people blame jonathan for everything?20]I Had No Shoesssss!! sad I Married Hippopo... My Name Is Goodluck.. And I 'll Bring You Goodluck grin grin I Laff In Chinko.. Cho Cho Ichuku Yiuunn Chun Yoko Cho Cho!! grin grin[/size][/quote]
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by ZN2: 8:41am On Jul 23, 2013
jonnycheddars: ,.

You are quite right about...."lot of manual work, filtering/deleting data unrelated to their target".....its how GCHQ's Tempora is alleged to work. Phone companies are compelled via warrants to cooperate or risk some arm-twisting via policies from regulatory agencies. Forget about 24/7 electricity.....it's the populace that lacks constant power supply,the spy agencies don't. There is a program called PRISM deployed in the U.S and GALAXY deployed in Nigeria. So using foreign lines doesn't change a thing,cos global intelligence sharing is at an all time peak. If you are one of the "paste the link of your source joor" goons....pls use www.google.com....that's all!

I'm aware of the bolded parts.

Follow closely, my bone of contention with the gentleman above is his assertions that Nigeria's cellular spy program is "Voice Activated", albeit, detecting a target's voice automatically and recording his call no matter the line he uses.

I bet he has no clue how advanced such a technology is. Put blunty, the officials would simply 'activate' this program, sit back on an armchair, champagne in hand whilst the program scans "EACH" call made in the entire country, 24/7 and see if it matches any of the "blacklisted" targets voice then begins recording it - all that probably has to be done before the target completes his "hello", right?

No manual work, no trying to "track" down the current or newly acquired phone lines of the target or any of the sort, No, All automatic, Voice detecting bot sitting on the entire cellular infrastructure of the country scanning the audio of each call made/received by every phone line to detect the target's voice and recording it.

My point is, the target's phone line/connected device has to be identified. You gotta get his phone line to tap it (or possibly the tap the phone lines of folks/accomplices he communicates with). There is a lot of work/analysis done to try to identify their phone lines - as most of them will prolly use proxies to setup and procure the lines. Read up the initial post the fellow made and you'll see where I got taken aback.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by jonnycheddars(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2013
I understood clearly all you pointed out. I simply felt i should pay attention to the sensible corrections you made. I do not bother to comment on some make believe assertion that my vocal stress pattern recording might be with MOD or DSS and they could track me even if i used my granny's phone. It is plausible if the target is expected to call a particular phone number but imagining all politicians or even the entire country(now i have a headache). I don't blame the dude,HOLLYWOOD can make you believe anything.
Re: 2015: Governors, Ministers, Opt For Foreign GSM Lines by UncleJJ(m): 10:08am On Jul 23, 2013
Nope.. This technology exists and its damn cheap. Look at audible magic for Audi and attrasoft for video.

Google has similar if not the same technology on YouTube.

Try uploading a new movie or song after its released and in a short moment you will receive a copyright warning.

Skype or other service would be much safer. You can bounce the signal off a VPN or two.

You should also look at VoIP solution's.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Task Force Arresting Disobedient Lagosians. (Pictures) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed Into Commonwealth High-Level Group / Kwankwaso Reveals How PDP Is Better Than APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.