Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car (10947 Views)

Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child. / Personality Profile:Her Excellency Aisha Buhari Wife Of The President (pictures) / Oshiomhole And His Beautiful Wife Iara In Zambia (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by lizzyanjorin(f): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
Jose "Pepe" Mujica, president of Uruguay, is known for his frugal ways. Last year, he earned the nickname of the "world's poorest president" when he revealed that he donates 90 percent of his salary to charitable causes (Mujica earns $12,500 a month, and only keeps $1,250 for himself.) Declining to move into the presidential house, Mujica and wife Lucia Topolansky, currently live in a farm in capital city of Montevideo.

When it comes to vacationing, Mujica and his wife are not big spenders either. Caught mid-lunch at a restaurant in the coastal city of Carmelo, Uruguay, this image shows Mujica and Topolansky enjoying the outing with no security and wearing casual clothing

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/News/uruguay-president-jose-pepe-mujicas-frugal-vacation-viral/story?id=18239957

check my signature and add me on facebook

3 Likes

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by lizzyanjorin(f): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
Jose Mujica having lunch with his wife at Carmelo

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Toheeb31(m): 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
Wow

1 Like

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by omiobo: 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
I go comment my reserve
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by toluleke(m): 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
I hope uncle jona and aunt patient could read this

2 Likes

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
Meanwhile in Nigeria,the president moves with a motorcade of several vehicles, flies in several presidential jets, eat foods that run in billions of naira, has a wife who runs her mouth like grinding machine and enjoys their extravagant lifestyle in the presidential villa and Otuoke mansion while the ordinary masses suffer in abject poverty.

That is what I called being presidential in an Animal farm . God bless Jose Mujica for being the real president of the people !

[img]http://www.ghanavisions.com/thumbnail.php?file=Jonathan_Convoy_372514693.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

3 Likes

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Kezifils(m): 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
You cant help but love such a man. Setting example for others. Clearly showing that politics is nt all abt d money.
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
Can you imagine Patience in that restaurant? She will probably remove her slippers and beat Jonathan on the head with it.

3 Likes

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
Aigbofa: Can you imagine Patience in that restaurant? She will probably remove her slippers and beat Jonathan on the head with it.

Even if she would use such,I'm sure all the roads leading to that place would be closed for 2 days before her arrival.Vagabonds in power !

2 Likes

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Pataki: 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
Such a man has nothing to fear. He freely moves amidst his people. Obasanjo cannot till tomorrow move freely amidst his people in Abeokuta. His house on Hilltop Estate is highly guarded. Jonathan cannot be free amongst his Otuoke villagers. What shall it profit a leader to steal money and lose your peace and respect amongst your own people.......

Bastardddsss In Power (BIP)

3 Likes

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by coogar: 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2013
power means 2 things to different people. in uruguay, it means to serve. in nigeria, it means to be served. this man donates 90% of his salary to charity causes to help make the lives of his people easier. jonathan goodluck spends N1 billion on food alone.

dear lord, what type of clay did you make nigerian leaders from?
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by bukatyne(f): 1:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
coogar: power means 2 things to different people. in uruguay, it means to serve. in nigeria, it means to be served. this man donates 90% of his salary to charity causes to help make the lives of his people easier. jonathan goodluck spends N1 billion on food alone.

Sorry to go off course but this analogy is a good example for marriage.

As a husband(to be) think of the kind of hubby you want to be: The Uruguay type or the Nigerian type

1 Like

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by coogar: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
bukatyne:

As a husband(to be) think of the kind of hubby you want to be: The Uruguay type or the Nigerian type

the uruguay president is staying in his wife's farmhouse. how many nigerian wives have a house to begin with? biko, don't compare........

3 Likes

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
bukatyne:

grin grin grin

Women matter. . .Uruguay is not a poor country,they are just blessed to have a good leader.Besides leadership is a service to the people.
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Temismith(f): 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
How sweet,cute and lovely.
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by fockusexkills: 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Front page pls....

I saw this on dailymail.co.uk back in february 2013.
Click like if you want this in front page.

4 Likes

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by lizzyanjorin(f): 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
still thinking..............

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Caracta(f): 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
There comes a point in a man's life where wealth, fame and power have little or no significance. Impressive. Too bad we have leaders that wouldn't mind being buried in a box filled with Naira notes. Misplaced priorities. Silly Bill-Gates wannabes.

I'm impressed. 90% to charity? Like seriously? Can i even do that? Oh...i'm not a President yet. I'll get there grin

3 Likes

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
Caracta: There comes a point in a man's life where wealth, fame and power have little or no significance. Impressive. Too bad we have leaders that wouldn't mind being buried in a box filled with Naira notes. Misplaced priorities. Silly Bill-Gates wannabes.

I'm impressed. 90% to charity? Like seriously? Can i even do that? Oh...i'm not a President yet. I'll get there grin

There are no such men in Nigeria specifically among the ruling class.
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
It is very easy to tell our leaders to learn from this Uruguayan president, but is there any Nairalander or government critic that can emulate this man if he or she becomes the president of Nigeria? undecided

4 Likes

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by lizzyanjorin(f): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Can you?
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by bukatyne(f): 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
coogar:

the uruguay president is staying in his wife's farmhouse. how many nigerian wives have a house to begin with? biko, don't compare........

Really? I am not comparing by country, I am comparing by personality...

Is the president a good president to his wife or his country? What has Nigerian wives got to do with it?
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by bukatyne(f): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
~Bluetooth:

grin grin grin

Women matter. . .Uruguay is not a poor country,they are just blessed to have a good leader.Besides leadership is a service to the people.

Exactly what I was trying to say wink
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Caracta(f): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
~Bluetooth:

I think Governor Okorocha came close to that before he became a governor. I don't really know much about him though...but i think he is quite generous.
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by coogar: 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
bukatyne:

Really? I am comparing by country, I am comparing by personality...

Is the president a good president to his wife or his country? What has Nigerian wives got to do with it?

to be a good husband, one needs a good wife. the president's wife must be very good to have allowed her husband move into her farmhouse.

besides, the husband spent 14 years in a military prison, he was shot 6 times by the police, the woman remained with him in those difficult years - the average nigerian wife would have fled.

1 Like

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by Caracta(f): 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
BekeeBuAgbara: It is very easy to tell our leaders to learn from this Uruguayan president, but is there any Nairalander or government critic that can emulate this man if he becomes the president of Nigeria? undecided

I think i should be able to do that...but first i need to know the man's primary and secondary sources of income, family background, past savings, investments, assets (tangible and intangible) and all that.

grin
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by pri3stess(f): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2013
toluleke: I hope uncle jona and aunt patient could read this
Even if they read it, they don't give 2 fks about Nigerians so it will not change their mindset.
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by lizzyanjorin(f): 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Frontpage please
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by bukatyne(f): 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
coogar:

to be a good husband, one needs a good wife. the president's wife must be very good to have allowed her husband move into her farmhouse.

besides, the husband spent 14 years in a military prison, he was shot 6 times by the police, the woman emained with him in those difficult years - the average nigerian wife would have fled.

You do not still get my analogy angry

Trust a typical Nigerian; everything must lie on everyone else undecided

The article talked about the president's leadership style and not marriage, I just related the two concepts.

You said

coogar: power means 2 things to different people. in uruguay, it means to serve. in nigeria, it means to be served. this man donates 90% of his salary to charity causes to help make the lives of his people easier. jonathan goodluck spends N1 billion on food alone.

And I commented that

bukatyne: Sorry to go off course but this analogy is a good example for marriage.

Going by your logic,

What did the country do to deserve a good president?
Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by AbuMikey(m): 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
bukatyne:

Really? I am not comparing by country, I am comparing by personality...

Re: World's Poorest President's Pictures And His Beautiful Car by AbuMikey(m): 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
This Man has some mental disabilities!!!

The above is what we were going to say if he were a Nigerian!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Nigeria Now Earns More Money From Non-Oil Exports / Jubilation In Benue As PDP Guber Candidate, Uba Returns From Medical Vacation / Okuama Residents Trapped In Forests, Send SOS To Tinubu, Oborevwori

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.