Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) (13714 Views)

Abubakar Ali In Auto Accident In Kano (Photo) / Meet Kemi Adeosun - New Minister Of Finance / Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by zeennurei(m): 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
President Jonathan Goodluck has accepted the resignation of State Minister for Health Dr Ali Pate who becomes professor at Duke University Global Health Insititute, U.S.A.

Source: NTA Breaking News

1 Like

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by magaliyu(f): 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2013
CONGRATS and nice moves,
Atleast the ship will not sink with him.

12 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by zeennurei(m): 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
In his resignation letter dated July 22 and addressed to Mr. Jonathan, the minister said he was leaving the cabinet to take up the position of Professor in Duke University’s Global Health Institute, USA.

He said in this new capacity, he would participate in a university-wide Africa initiative and will also serve as Senior Adviser to Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation based in Washington DC.

4 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by brownlord: 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
2nd to comment
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by legendprac(m): 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
And we keep losing d best we have

1 Like

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by fapcrook(m): 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ok
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by ballabriggs: 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
Leaving before the ship finally wrecks.

Sharp guy. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy MUHEHEHEHEHE

Maku has nowhere to go as he is a Professional Politician. MUHEHEHEHEHE ANIMALS!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by nmaihat: 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
Great news. We wish all the best as u fly the Nigerian flag.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Ebenezerk2: 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
The new job is more secured, even he has enjoyed being a minister, who knows if the ejection and the admission of old and new ministers respectively might affect him, good for him

1 Like

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by greyman: 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
The man should be commended for leaving a sinecure job for challenging endeavors.

2 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by camcor(m): 1:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
Congratulations!
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
These are people who were something before joining politics. . . .No wonder those thievies in the National Assembly wanted life pension for themselves.

Fooolish people.

1 Like

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by sleekpro(m): 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
He is not pleased with what is going on in the ministry! Good for him.

Just remembered, it's my first time to coment!

1 Like

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by mkmyers45(m): 1:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
Very nice and challenging position but seems to be a difficult considering how much 'dem say dem say' about how much this ministers get...but hey he's just a minister of state
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
GEJ cabinet is so full of high fliers, the country's very best. Little wonder, the result are begining to show. With 8 years life span, this team can do wonders!

6 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by tyson99(m): 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
sleek pro: He is not pleased with what is going on in the ministry! Good for him.

Just remembered, it's my first time to coment!

Congratulation
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by lacasa: 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
Better he leaves b4 this govt is thrown out.

Wise move
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by DICKtator: 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
yOU mean to tell me that he chose that over his fatherland?
How patriotic of him!!!
Big ups to him!!!
undecided undecided undecided undecided

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by kwaraguy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 24, 2013
And so what!
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by tyson99(m): 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sharp guy,he don dey foresee the downfall of fidifi
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by tyson99(m): 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sharp guy,he don dey foresee the downfall of fidifi
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by bigtt76(f): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sensible move by a learned fellow.

1 Like

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by mu2sa2: 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
Waiting for the first tribal bigot to post "aboki"!

4 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
This further confirms how RICH GEJ's cabinet is. Even multinational agencies are harvesting from the cabinet.

2 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by BarryX(m): 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
I was expecting "resignation" based on incompetence or something- reading it to find out it's for a higher calling calmed my nerves a little . Because for a fact the word "resignation" is not a word common with our corrupt politicians sit-tight syndrome.

4 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by henrysam(m): 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
magaliyu: CONGRATS and nice moves,
Atleast the ship will not sink with him.
Boko haram na ur ship go sink.

3 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by s3nn2x(m): 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
Congrats to him. But on a serious note, I don't think he was even relevant in this administration. I still wonder why we have Ministers of State in Nigeria, they are just rubber stamp. I believe he made a very good move, at least I know of Onyebuchi Chukwu, bu the only time I remember hearing this guy's name was was during Ministerial nomination and screening.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by palugycolina(m): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
when will the minister for state on education resign so he can give more orientation to his group of cult boys in rivers state..

Guy resign ehhh....resign

3 Likes

Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Chillypelly(m): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2013
Imagine such wisdom from a reasonable man. Congrats Dr Pate. I can remember he was one health minister that led by example.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by kingarizona(m): 1:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
From grass to grace!!!
Now he can say... Bye bye from nigerian govt wahala!!
#fresh air# congrat sire
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by manny4life(m): 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
Congratulations and good luck to him on his new endeavors.
Re: Ali Pate Resigns (Minister Of Health) by Fazhy: 2:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nice move Proff.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Performs Ground Breaking Of Gas Industrial Plant In Delta State / SERAP Accuses Ajimobi Of Executive Rascality Over Demolition..... / Nigeria At COP28: Separating The Facts From Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.