Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? (18557 Views)

21 Questions To Ask Before Saying “I Do” / Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes!"? / 7 Annoying Habits "Some" Girls Manifest After Saying "YES" To A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Gracedpen: 3:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Some of us had certain ideas about the Mrs. "who" that we have always wanted to be. Behind, Behind names always come to our heads but do we always end up marrying a guy with a Behind surname? Many considerations usually come into choosing a life partner but as funny as it is, there are also some seemingly trivial ones that might even have disqualified a prospective one in the first place- like the surname of the guy that just introduced himself.

"What's in a name?" you'd most likely ask. Take it or leave it, ladies do care about the surname of the guy they are going to get married to. Like I said earlier, it is quite a trivial one as it is not the surname that will keep the marriage. But you never can tell, it could be an added advantage.

Point is, some surnames are just "sooo not it" that a lady will consider twice before saying "yes", especially if the man will not modify the name for any reason. Talk about those names that start with "ESU" (devil), "SANGO"...etc. Hehehe!

So, let's "branch" on ladies...does his surname really matter when it comes to saying "YES"? What surnames will you rather not?

SOURCE: http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/07/considerations-before-i-do.html

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by xynerise: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
For example sexkillz's surname is '' Isiaboncha'' grin.

Ogugua do you mind?

El-guapo's surname is Udele, Br3nda do u mind?

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lol.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by daisyella: 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
Lol, nice question but no lady will say no 2 a man she loves juz cos of surname

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
If you love him, his surname would not be a point for consideration.
Besides, there can always be a change of name.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ladies its *GBAJABIAMILLA*,* GBAJAs* for short.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2013
I didn't even answer the thread.....

My answer is no, I won't consider his surname. It's not mandatory that I take his surname anyway.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Lilimax(f): 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
Surname was not even among the things I considered before saying I do.

However, I know that some people are not too comfortable with there surnames.
The people in these category may consider change of name.

For me I am very comfortable with my marital surname grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
The name is 'hood'..no dulling! undecided
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by sexymoma(f): 5:37pm On Jul 24, 2013
I came across this woman in hospital, The Nurse called ' Mrs abokusoro'( Ghost Speaker) i was like wtf shocked
What made you change your father's name. Abeg i might consider it o.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
If you see a man you love with the sur 'toto' and he proposes to be your man. Weytin u go do?
Supposing your name is Rihanna, after wedding it'd be rihanna toto?

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
What of sur names like Osuji?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2013
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
chaircover: Im one of the lucky ones . . .I just loff that surname wink

Lemme guess, is it owotide?

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by DICKtator: 6:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
Gracedpen: Some of us had certain ideas about the Mrs. "who" that we have always wanted to be. Behind, Behind names always come to our heads but do we always end up marrying a guy with a Behind surname? Many considerations usually come into choosing a life partner but as funny as it is, there are also some seemingly trivial ones that might even have disqualified a prospective one in the first place- like the surname of the guy that just introduced himself.

"What's in a name?" you'd most likely ask. Take it or leave it, ladies do care about the surname of the guy they are going to get married to. Like I said earlier, it is quite a trivial one as it is not the surname that will keep the marriage. But you never can tell, it could be an added advantage.

Point is, some surnames are just "sooo not it" that a lady will consider twice before saying "yes", especially if the man will not modify the name for any reason. Talk about those names that start with "ESU" (devil), "SANGO"...etc. Hehehe!

So, let's "branch" on ladies...does his surname really matter when it comes to saying "YES"? What surnames will you rather not?

SOURCE: http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/07/considerations-before-i-do.html

Of course i am sure some ladies do consider the name of their spouses before choosing. I doubt if a lady would be willing to introduce her man to her parent if he has a name like the character that Ben Stiller play. I mean would you allow your daughter marry a person with such a name as Gay Focker? or Mr Cork? or even SexKillz? What of Omiobo? LesbianBoy? undecided undecided undecided undecided
HairyPus.sy? idiagbon? imagine the kind of conversation a person called Acidtalk would hold with her father? OkijaJuju? her father would be like "dont even go there" PAGAN9ja? muskeeto? yuzedo? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Methink it is a criterion for selecting spouses among women

grin grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
M gona consider d surname o,jst imagine surnames lyk,awelewa or alasopupo maruwa...lolz
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Lemme guess, is it owotide?
grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Acidosis(m): 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2013
sexymoma: I came across this woman in hospital, The Nurse called ' Mrs abokusoro'( Ghost Speaker) i was like wtf shocked
What made you change your father's name. Abeg i might consider it o.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
Na! I love his surname.

It's different and it flows perfectly wiv my surname.(yes,keeping my surname as middle name tinz) tongue
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by informa: 7:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
a surname like Dantata, dangote and adenuga will easily do for all Naija babes now

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
Idowuogbo: Na! I love his surname.

It's different and it flows perfectly wiv my surname.(yes,keeping my surname as middle name tinz) tongue
Sorry,I don't mean to derail the thread but are u and the sex kills guy married
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
uche16:
Sorry,I don't mean to derail the thread but are u and the sex kills guy married
I resemble semi albino ogugua? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
HRH Al'Valrouk Nahasapeemapetalan Alwaheed... Ladies do you mind?
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by cdamsel(f): 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
Idowuogbo:
I resemble semi albino ogugua? undecided
grin shocked
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by omiobo: 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
DICKtator:

Of course i am sure some ladies do consider the name of their spouses before choosing. I doubt if a lady would be willing to introduce her man to her parent if he has a name like the character that Ben Stiller play. I mean would you allow your daughter marry a person with such a name as Gay Focker? or Mr Cork? or even SexKillz? What of Omiobo? LesbianBoy? undecided undecided undecided undecided
HairyPus.sy? idiagbon? imagine the kind of conversation a person called Acidtalk would hold with her father? OkijaJuju? her father would be like "dont even go there" PAGAN9ja? muskeeto? yuzedo? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Methink it is a criterion for selecting spouses among women

grin grin grin grin

I totally disagree with you. Everything bows to money.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by kokoA(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
Some kind surname dey invite poverty o.. I will never allow my sisters accept surnames like Musufu, Ishiaka, Ibu, Abdulmumuni, etc.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Temismith(f): 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
If u love a guy and his surname is unanswerable, den pick one of his names and change to na, jooor oo,

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Rapmoney(m): 9:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
Many ladies will definitely fall for a name like Adiboronti Phoscophomio Chronohontonlongos Akpeteshe Tsiba...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Godson201333(m): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
what about surnames like AJANAKU,DAGUNRO,ESUNLABI

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
the way u spew ur st*upid*ity (justbeenpolite) is just amazing!!!!U don't knw the difference between a moniker/pseudonym and a surname!!!!!gott im himmel
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 3:52am On Jul 25, 2013
informa: a surname like Dantata, dangote and adenuga will easily do for all Naija babes now

you may be right.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 25, 2013
Yes.. surnames are important.. I kept mine grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gold Digging Men: The New Trend In Nigeria / Mother Dies As Daughter Rejects Grave-digger Fiance / Guys, What Are Those Physical Features That Attracts You To A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.