Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian (1521 Views)

‘boko Haram In Zimbabwe En Route South Africa’ / Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens / Fearful, Cowardly Fashola Denies Deporting People To Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
By PETER WANYONYI
In 100 days, our brand-spanking new government has aged, and slowly, the difficulties of running a government are dawning on our digital, jubilated pair.
President Uhuru and his wing man,
Deputy President Ruto, are running
into serious brick walls as they try to
implement their campaign promises, while at the same time keeping a modicum of financial prudence.
It is not working because, for some
reason, the President and his deputy have not realised that campaign promises are made for campaigns.
Savvy politicians promise the earth
(and even throw in heaven as well)
and pander to their respective bases
— ethnic, religious, whatever —
during their campaigns. This is
normal, for getting votes is tough
business.
As soon as a candidate wins the
election, though, it is usually time to
tack rapidly back to the centre. Some
promises are simply untenable. Look, how are you going to spend billions buying laptops for primary school children, when the very children are at home because their teachers are on strike for low pay? The price of one decent laptop can pay the salaries of at least five primary school teachers!
It surely didn’t help matters that Mr
Ruto then took to national TV to
declare that taxing “middle class
people”, such as teachers, even more would help subsidise the national food bill “for poor people” like the average Kenyan in the streets. For a man whose travels are claimed to be costing us Sh100 million a year in jet
leases alone, that is a lot of let-them-
eat-cake cheek.
In the business of government,
humans try everything. One imagines this was the spirit in which President Uhuru tried to get all Nigerian drug- dealers deported from Kenya. Being a new president in a young government, however, he did it by fiat, issuing a directive and getting his immigration bureaucrats to bundle unsuspecting Nigerians onto a
hurriedly-leased plane bound for
Abuja, Lagos and Kano — in fact,
anywhere in Nigeria. Clearly, we
should know people.
If there is one country that is ruthless about hitting back when its people are mistreated abroad, it has to be Nigeria. A year ago, Jacob Zuma’s government deported 125 Nigerians
— including a senator — for having
forged yellow fever vaccination
certificates. Shortly afterwards, the
Nigerians deported 100 South Africans and began closing down South African business in Lagos and Abuja, including giant supermarkets. South Africa quickly backed down.
Hence, when we, as they called it,
“unprocedurally” deported three
Nigerians, it led to the detention of
Kenya’s immigration personnel, and
their leased plane, in Nigeria.
We should have learnt a lesson from
Zimbabwe. Two years ago, Comrade
Robert Mugabe got tired of hosting so many Nigerians in Zimbawe. He
arrested nearly 500 of them and
threatened them with jail if they did
not leave the country immediately.
Harare’s jails are no picnic, and the
brothers from West Africa chose to
flee the comforts of Harare’s leafy
suburbs for safer places around
Africa. Some are said to have rushed
for Nairobi’s comforting embrace.
If you need to do something silly and illegal, do it like Zimbabwe would!

www.standardmedia.co.ke/entertainment/m/pulse/106/local-news/1084/zimbabwe-style-guide-to-deporting-a-nigerian
Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by phecs: 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Ops dis is rubbish!zimbabwe is poor kenya is wreck.any country dat got nigerians there shld be lucky!one nigeria lifes is worth 500 zimbabwian and 300 kenyan!note dat zimbabwe and kenya joined togehr is nt up to a state in my beloveth nigeria dat is why u guys queue for a month in nigeria to see T b joshua
Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Chanchit: 8:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
I can't blame the Op cos I dnt knw what Nigerians are doing in those God forsaken countries. And yea 1Nigerian=700kenyans and 701 Zimbabweans.

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Horus(m): 8:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
phecs: Ops dis is rubbish!zimbabwe is poor kenya is wreck.any country dat got nigerians there shld be lucky!one nigeria lifes is worth 500 zimbabwian and 300 kenyan!note dat zimbabwe and kenya joined togehr is nt up to a state in my beloveth nigeria dat is why u guys queue for a month in nigeria to see T b joshua

Be more humble please, Zimbabwe is not a rubbish country and Zimbabweans have one of the highest litteracy rate in Africa.
And if the Zimbabweans deport Nigerians it mean that they just don't need them
Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chanchit: I can't blame the Op cos I dnt knw what Nigerians are doing in those God forsaken countries. And yea 1Nigerian=700kenyans and 701 Zimbabweans.

Bwahahaha,
Complete garbage, despite its current problems, Zimbabwe is much better and more organized than Nigeria. It has infrastructure that Nigeria can only dream of and the level of education is way better than Nigeria, stop fooling yourself, a Zim citizenship is worth more than a Nigerian citizenship.

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by atlwireles: 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
zetdee:

Bwahahaha,
Complete garbage, despite its current problems, Zimbabwe is much better and organized than Nigeria. It has infrastructure that Nigeria can only dream of and the level of education is way better than Nigeria, stop fooling yourself, a Zim citizenship is worth more than a Nigerian citizenship.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO ADD PARADISE AND HEAVEN ON EARTH. TAKE YOUR ZIMBABWE AND STICK IT.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
^^^^^^ Well, having been to both countries, I can with confidence say Zimbabwe is paradise compared to Nigeria, I'm not Zimbabwean by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
zetdee: ^^^^^^ Well, having been to both countries, I can with confidence say Zimbabwe is paradise compared to Nigeria, I'm not Zimbabwean by the way.
lol... go to skyscrapercity.com, compare Zim and Naija.. paradise my foot

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by gbokukueba(m): 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
zetdee: ^^^^^^ Well, having been to both countries, I can with confidence say Zimbabwe is paradise compared to Nigeria, I'm not Zimbabwean by the way.

You see the problem i have with you is that you hate Nigeria and Nigerians so much that you have to come on a Nigerian forum and post news about how Nigerians should be deported from Kenya meanwhile you are South African why not use that same energy to resolve the issues in your country, i will not go into specifics but we all know. Nigeria or Nigerians are not the issues with your country and stop hating!
Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 25, 2013
scipher: lol... go to skyscrapercity.com, compare Zim and Naija.. paradise my foot

Ok, I was stretching it, but I'll still rate Zim above Naija in some areas.

1 Like

Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 25, 2013
gbokukueba:

You see the problem i have with you is that you hate Nigeria and Nigerians so much that you have to come on a Nigerian forum and post news about how Nigerians should be deported from Kenya meanwhile you are South African why not use that same energy to resolve the issues in your country, i will not go into specifics but we all know. Nigeria or Nigerians are not the issues with your country and stop hating!

What is wrong with me posting this? Is there a rule that says only Nigerians should post news concerning Nigerians?

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by gbokukueba(m): 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
zetdee:

What is wrong with me posting this? Is there a rule that says only Nigerians should post news concerning Nigerians?

No there is no rule agaunst such. But you and I know the reason for your posting this is to make a mockery of Nigeria and Nigerians which I can easily deduce from all your previous comments.

I live in South Africa and I see news everyday but will never bring it here with the intention of ridiculing South African.

Embrace ”peace Nigeria is your friend!

2 Likes

Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
zetdee:

Ok, I was stretching it, but I'll still rate Zim above Naija in some areas.
Elaborate
Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
scipher: Elaborate

, Zimbabwe has a very firm foundation, the only thing holding Zimbabwe back is Mugabe, you can expect Zimbabwe to bounce back very fast after old Bob passes.
Re: Zimbabwe-style Guide To Deporting A Nigerian by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
zetdee:

, Zimbabwe has a very firm foundation , the only thing holding Zimbabwe back is Mugabe, you can expect Zimbabwe to bounce back very fast after old Bob passes.
it's not how far but how well.. shove the bolded up your stinking arsee

(1) (Reply)

Mohammed Married Aisha At 9 Therefore I Can Marry A 13 Year Old- Yerima / Baraje’s Faction Asks INEC To Deregister Tukur’s PDP, Opens Party’s Dirty Secret / Leave Nairaland, Premiumtimes, Sahara Alone, Aturu Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.