Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno (880 Views)

Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed? / Have You Ever Bothered To Find Out Who Your Local Government Chairman Is / Borno LG Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by awodman: 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
The chairman violated checkpoint regulations.

Soldiers on Thursday inflicted corporal punishment on a
local government chairman in Borno State.

The caretaker chairman of Hawul Local Government Area,
Daniel Malang, received severe corporal punishment in the hands of the Joint Task Force for allegedly breaking
checkpoint regulations and talking rudely to soldiers.

Mr. Malang, who reportedly has a reputation for breaking
traffic rule especially at military check post ran out of luck
when he attempted to shunt his way across a long queue
of vehicles along Maiduguri-Biu road.

A PREMIUM TIMES reporter who witnessed the incident
heard the chairman telling the soldiers that “don’t you
know me? I am the executive chairman of Hawul local
government.”

A soldier, unimpressed with Mr. Malang’s statement
responded by saying “does this place resemble Hawul local government; even if na Hawul be this, does that give you the license to break my order by not following the queue?”

The soldier ordered the council boss to park his Peugeot
406 car and asked him to come out for frog-jump alongside his driver while other motorists watched on.

The soldiers kept the chairman there for hours before he
was later freed with a stern warning not to repeat such act again.

Sources close to the chairman said he recently suffered
similar fate in Biu when soldiers gave him a similar
treatment for breaking check-post regulation.

Borno is currently under emergency rule and has a heavy
presence of soldiers to check the insurgency by the Boko
Haram and other crimes.

Source:premiumtimesng.com/news/141693-local-government-chairman-punished-publicly-by-soldiers-in-borno.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=local-government-chairman-punished-publicly-by-soldiers-in-borno
Re: Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by Dondbuzor: 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ala adighi mma bu uru ndi nze
Re: Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by bffigher(m): 8:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin yes my boys dont take anybody for granted
Re: Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by jacintamary: 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
no bulala for the balawo?
Kai! This feeful i don disafoint me...
Re: Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by Standing5(m): 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
These boiz are preparing for the second coming of Buhari
Re: Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by Honadeadek(m): 8:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
Sometimes they think each time they are in Power they are above the law forgetting that it is take and give. Bleep him nd Thumbs ma good Soldier
Re: Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by stonemind(f): 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by adino(m): 9:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
up JTF
Re: Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by Pygru: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by franchizy(m): 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
I don't believe dis news, its fabricated because there is no pictures
Re: Local Government Chairman Punished Publicly By Soldiers In Borno by datChelseaBoy: 2:23am On Jul 27, 2013
See insult. My guy you don fall hand. Anyway I'm not surprised. That's what a state of emergency entails

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Rulers Have Increasingly Seen Islamism As A Threat To Themselves / Arik Operations Inject $10 Billion Annually Into Nigeria’s Economy / We Steal Cause You Don't Stone Us For Stealing-gov Amechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.