Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? (10288 Views)

Does Praying In Our Mind And Praying Out Loud Have Any Difference In God? / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. / Pastor Runs Mad While Praying For Mad Man In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? by gsalvatore: 9:33am On Jul 29, 2013
rabzy:
That is why they were not added, because they teach alien ideas and heresies. Books not added were not inspired.
Well..I think they didn't add those books to the bible because of peoples understanding(Reduce Confusion)-they just wanna make the bible as simple as possible to grasp, no way of telling if they succeeded.

How will anybody know the books inspired and the ones not inspired, there some verses in the bible that defile logic especially in the old testament-like eunch going to heaven and all that.

I think inspired is a word coined by some folks to justify their attempt to stop or reduce confusion or even to make it "simpler" to grasp.

Our family Jerusalem bible has the 6books that where not added to the...should I say normal bible-RSV or KJV. Those books are " inspired" too IMO, like Sirach and Macabees.
Re: Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 29, 2013
Billyonaire: It works. The dead are ethereal beings and prayer is energy incantation so its within similar wave frequency.
This boy na were!
Re: Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 29, 2013
rezzy:

Abeg i no go school, use small small English explain ur opinion.
Thanks
What this idiotic over brilliant and Madt he-goat is trying to say is that the dead are now in spiritual forms and no longer physical forms, and that since prayer works in spiritual realm, so prayer can still reach them. Since prayers and spirits both travel through spiritual mediums, in fact they travel like sound waves in a way, and they can resonate with each other on that level a- In essence the dead, spirit and prayers are ethereal wave forms.

Hope I am not sounding like that goat?
Re: Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
Plz,we have much 2 pray 4 concerning the living.Hv u finished praying 4 ur beloved ones alive?
Have u finished interceding for the barren women,the sick believers crying in the hospitals,the orphans dat are suffering out there,the churches of God that are facing hard times?
WHY WASTE UR TIME PRAYING 4 THE DEAD?
If u lose ur opportunity of repenting, now that u're alive(irrespective of how the ministers of God are having sleepless nights to spread the gospel),there aint no hope for you.U aint resting in peace even if the entire church declare fasting and prayer 4 u.Its just the fact.
Once u're dead,u're dead.Repent and serve God now that u're alive.Take it or leave it.The truth is optional.
Re: Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? by Ultimate001: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
Infomizer:
Well said. Imho, praying for the dead is waste of time. They don't need it. Although you, my friend (the praying mantis), need it more since you are alive (for you that believe in it o!) and you've got issues that a cadaver lacks.
....we all need prayers and salvation from JESUS irrespective of our religion;GOD BLESS YOU SIR!
Re: Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? by Ultimate001: 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
blink182: The moment a person dies, all I keep hearing is 'RIP'. I know it is written 'after death comes judgement'. Now is it possible that the prayers of people on earth can influence the divine judgement they deserve?
........It does not work.FOR IT IS APPOINTED UNTO MEN TO DIE ONCE AFTER THIS,JUDGEMENT FOLLOWS(HEB 9:27).Once someone dies,he/she is judged based on all what they did before death!
Re: Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? by Infomizer(m): 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ultimate001: ....we all need prayers and salvation from JESUS irrespective of our religion;GOD BLESS YOU SIR!
That's your opinion kind sir, and even while i don't agree, i respect it. You are blessed too!
Re: Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? by OBJlive: 7:03pm On Aug 09, 2015
It Works because For Even Jesus Prayed For Lazarus And He Came Back To Life, Peter Prayed For Dorcas And She Came Back To Life, At A Time Some Jewish Extremists Stoned Apostle Paul To Death And The Breathren Gathered And Were Praying And He Rose.
Re: Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? by folaski: 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2018
I will like to start by saying that praying for the dead is a mere wish. The Bible says in Hebrews 9: 27.says And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: - Bible Offline
immediately after death is judgement. There is nothing like purgatory. The reward of whatever you do or do not do while here on earth awaits you already when you cross the bridge to the I her side. Otherwise the rich will leave a terrible life of oppression, nepotism and self centeredness and when they are ready to die make huge sum of money available for people to pray for the repose of their wicked souls. while a poor or lonely man will die and have nobody to pray for him and go to hell. Revelation 22: 12. says And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. - Bible Offline
Every man will be judge according to his works and not according to the prayers offered for him.
God is not unjust to forget our labour of love Hebrews 6:10. In like manner God is not unjust to forget your wickedness.
Re: Does Praying For The Dead Really Work? by spencekat(m): 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
A dead man does not need prayers.Let them channel prayers to the living.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Doubt About Hell? Come In And Ask Your Question: / What are your three most important prayer points For 2022? / Is Jesus God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.