Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,294 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo (936 Views)

Saraki Lacks Legal, Morality Standing To Screen Ministerial Nominees - Ex-pr.. / Daura President Tag: ÁPC Have No Moral Justification To Complain / SHOCKING!!! 5 Strange Things You Never Knew About Buhari – By Nzeribe Enz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by AngelicaDivine(f): 5:58am On Jul 29, 2013
An Igbo socio-political group, Njiko Igbo, Sunday said maverick politician, Senator Arthur Nzeribe, lacked the moral and legitimate standing to speak for Ndigbo on either the 2015 elections or any issue whatsoever given his personal history.

Nzeribe had last week declared that Ndigbo are not ready to stake a claim for the presidency of Nigeria in 2015.

Among the reasons he advanced for this dishonourable stance is lack of unity among Ndigbo and their inability to speak with one voice.

The group in statement signed by its Director of Operations, Senator Emmanuel Onwe, said it was disheartening that Nzeribe, who ought to know better, allowed himself to be sold on the preposterous argument designed to cloak the pervasive prejudice that had kept Ndigbo in the third class tier in the politics of the Nigerian federation.

“No Nigerian civilian president or prime minister has ever launched himself to power on the springboard of ethnic unity since the advent of the Nigerian state. By taking the position that he has taken, Senator Nzeribe has demonstrated that he lacks any measure of grasp or apprehension of central executive power politics this country. Having been a participant in the political game, as Nzeribe clearly had been, does not confer such understanding.

“It is hard to resist drawing the conclusion that Senator Nzeribe came to his erroneous and inflammatory conclusion having been seduced, induced or deceived by personal and selfish considerations rather than by considerations of what is in the best interests of Ndigbo and indeed Nigeria in general. But it must be emphatically stated that a hundred, a thousand, a million Arthur Nzeribe’s cannot and will not break the Igbo spirit nor weaken the Igbo resolve.
“If ethnic unity is the prerequisite for aspiring to the presidency, as posited by Nzeribe, then the philosophy of Njiko Igbo should come highly recommended to him. NJIKO IGBO is an organisation dedicated to the struggle for the ascent of a citizen of Igbo extraction to the
presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2015. We are fully committed to the security and peace of our nation, and to the comradeship of a common justice for all Nigerians.

“We are neither a political party nor are we affiliated to one. Our primary mission is to enlighten and mobilise the Igbo population, both at home and in the diaspora, to stand firm and united in the pursuit of our collective goal. Our secondary duty is to connect with and
persuade the rest of the Nigerian population about the justice of our cause.

It is curious that this nation has been in a quasi state of war for over two years but the voice of Nzeribe has been silent. Ndigbo have been bombed and butchered in their places of worship and business in some sections of this country by nihilistic Islamic fundamentalist and yet the voice of Nzeribe has remained silent. The corpses of dozens of
young men who were clearly victims of extrajudicial executions were recently plucked from Ezu River in Anambra State and yet Nzeribe did not call a press conference to condemn it or demand answers from the
Nigerian state.

“History has no record of Nzeribe’s intervention either publicly or privately in the organised anti-Igbo massacres in Kano in 1980, Maiduguri in 1982, Yola in 1984, Gombe in 1985, Kaduna in 1986, Bauchi
in 1991, Funtua in 1993, Kano in 1994, Damboa in 2000 and the Apo 6 massacre in 2005. It is impossible therefore to escape the question:
what is really wrong with men like Senator Nzeribe, a geriatric who, at the age of 74, still prefer to offend the sensibilities and legitimate aspirations of decent people through shameless self-promoting politics?

“As Ndigbo continue to swim against the tide of baseless suspicion, distrust and deep rooted prejudice in this country, characters such as Senator Nzeribe bring unfortunate affirmation to the very elements that negate the status of Ndigbo as legitimate citizens with legitimate aspirations in their own country.”

Source: http://infonigeria24.com/2015-nzeribe-has-no-moral-standing-to-speak-for-ndigbo/

Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by UCyril: 9:11am On Jul 29, 2013
What do we expect from someone who sold arms to Nigeria govt during d war to kill his brother(Biafra) just to make money.nzeribe is nobody
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 29, 2013
I hope he has finally retired from politics. He should stay at home,take care of his grankids that is if he has any and take care of his health.
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by NwaTeacher1: 9:21am On Jul 29, 2013
Nzeribe is nobody in igbo land. Forget about the old fool
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Abagworo(m): 9:26am On Jul 29, 2013
berem: I hope he has finally retired from politics. He should stay at home,take care of his grankids that is if he has any and take care of his health.

How could you write such about Nzeribe? His descendants are already successful even without making much noise. I believe he said the truth and Igbos should have a voice before being regarded politically as a force. Maybe "Njiko Ndigbo" could help us achieve that but as at today we lack unity and cohesiveness.
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by asha80(m): 9:40am On Jul 29, 2013
Abagworo:

How could you write such about Nzeribe? His descendants are already successful even without making much noise. I believe he said the truth and Igbos should have a voice before being regarded politically as a force. Maybe "Njiko Ndigbo" could help us achieve that but as at today we lack unity and cohesiveness.
sometimes they way you talk makes me laugh.njiko ndigbo is a political movement formed by orji uzor kalu for whatever reason.now how did ouk perfom as governor for abia state for 8 goddam years?why did he install a boffun as his successor?the nzeribe you are talking about what did he achieve for oguta and imo at large politically?morale of what i am saying is do not criticize someone or people for doing a particular thing when in fact you are doing or you likekly to do or have done the same thing before.nzeribe and ouk should go and rest.
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Ngwakwe: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2013
Njiko Ndigbo: “No Nigerian civilian president or prime
minister has ever launched himself to
power on the springboard of ethnic unity
since the advent of the Nigerian state.

What is your problem with the most glaring truth ever told to correct some falsehood your type are fondly disseminating to cause disunity among Ndigbo

Ekwensi bara Abagworo Mba.

Abagworo:

Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:13am On Jul 29, 2013
U.Cyril:
What do we expect from someone who sold arms to Nigeria govt during d war to kill his brother(Biafra) just to make money.nzeribe is nobody
te same thing we expected from ur hero who fled the war in a lady's clothing undecided
Is it not ur people who voted him in as senator?

Why can't u just forget his personality and see the points?

U guys are not united!

U dnt even ask for peace with other regions!

U think i can do it alone?
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 29, 2013
Abagworo:

Abagworo,Nzeribe is hated deeply by Orlu people since the day he moved against the creation of Orlu state,the same zone he represented when he was a senator.how can such a man back stab his people? I participated in the protest that took place in Orlu headquarters back then against him. He is a persona non grata as long as Orlu is concerned.little wonder he didnt make it back to the senate. Who killed Ogbonnaya Uche,Abagworo? Are you from Oguta? I know Oguta people like him because of his generosity.
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Ikengawo: 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
And exactly why the hell would there be an Orlu state? other states in the federation are using Ibadan, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu and Calabar are capitals, it's us that will look at Orlu and say it's a viable state capital, or state in it's self. This is one of the most annoying thing about igbos. Everyone wants his fathers compound to be a state.
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ikengawo: And exactly why the hell would there be an Orlu state? other states in the federation are using Ibadan, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu and Calabar are capitals, it's us that will look at Orlu and say it's a viable state capital, or state in it's self. This is one of the most annoying thing about igbos. Everyone wants his fathers compound to be a state.
abeg read the nonsense wey you write if e make sense? Mtscheeew!
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Akpaife(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2013
If u tin nzeribe is a mumu
Cilke like
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Akpaife(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
berem: abeg read the nonsense wey you write if e make sense? Mtscheeew!

Berem longest time I hav been looking 4 u
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by abagoro(m): 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
berem: Abagworo,Nzeribe is hated deeply by Orlu people since the day he moved against the creation of Orlu state,the same zone he represented when he was a senator.how can such a man back stab his people? I participated in the protest that took place in Orlu headquarters back then against him. He is a persona non grata as long as Orlu is concerned.little wonder he didnt make it back to the senate. Who killed Ogbonnaya Uche,Abagworo? Are you from Oguta? I know Oguta people like him because of his generosity.

You know I'm far from being partial and try as much to reduce sentiments even if my family member is involved. Nzeribe might not have done much or might as well be guilty of some negative political misdeeds but what he spoke about lack of unity on the part of Igbos is very true.

@asha80, I don't know much about the so-called "Njiko Ndigbo". I only feel we need a platform to launch ourselves into political relevance.
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
abagoro:

You know I'm far from being partial and try as much to reduce sentiments even if my family member is involved. Nzeribe might not have done much or might as well be guilty of some negative political misdeeds but what he spoke about lack of unity on the part of Igbos is very true.

@asha80, I don't know much about the so-called "Njiko Ndigbo". I only feel we need a platform to launch ourselves into political relevance.
He spoke the truth but the truth shouldn't come from a man who also caused disunity of igbos. he is a bloody hypocrite!! Onye iru abuo ka Nzeribe bu!!
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
Akpa ife:

Berem longest time I hav been looking 4 u
Looking for me? have i been declared missing?
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Sloan: 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
berem: He spoke the truth but the truth shouldn't come from a man who also caused disunity of igbos. he is a bloody hypocrite!! Onye iru abuo ka Nzeribe bu!!

You know he spoke the truth but your lack of objectivity would rather you not have him say it? What does it matter so far the truth has been said and you acknowledged it?
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by asha80(m): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
abagoro:

it is easier to speak the truth when you are no longer relevant or you are out of a system.
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
Sloan:

You know he spoke the truth but your lack of objectivity would rather you not have him say it? What does it matter so far the truth has been said and you acknowledged it?
Dude, answer your question yourself. grin
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Akpaife(m): 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
berem: Looking for me? have i been declared missing?
so u dnt no me again
Re: 2015: Nzeribe Has No Moral Standing To Speak For Ndigbo by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
Akpa ife: so u dnt no me again
how can i know you? I be winch?

(1) (Reply)

Ndi Anambra, Who Is Your Choice: / Open Letter To Debo Adeniran Chairman Of CACOL / Nicholas Ukachukwu Documentary Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.