Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! (1351 Views)

The Most Romantic Gift You Have Ever Received?... / Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by Shakslayer: 9:31am On Jul 29, 2013
I am moved to ask this question, coz of all my years of attending wedding ceremonies in Nigeria, am yet to see a wedding ceremony as romantic as the one I attended on Saturday in Lagos.

Here's an excerpt of what happened.

During the wedding reception, while guests were dancing and shaking their bodies to Kcee's "Limpopo", the bride signaled the MC, who came up to her side, she whispered something into his ears, and the MC, shocked, then asked the DJ to kill the music that the bride has something to say. Hmmmm, we were all shocked and rooted to the spot, as we didn't know what she was about to reveal, even the groom too was uneasy. The bride too the Mic, spent about 5 mins eulogizing her husband, she said all sort of sweet things I didn't believe a pretty woman could say in the open. Well, that was just the cake, the icing on that cake came when she said she is going to dedicate a song titled "Now that I've found you" by Micheal Bolton to her husband. True that, she sang those lyrics so emotionally and passionately that every couple who came in stood up, held their partner and slowly joined in the romantic mood. At the end of the rendition, she was all tears as her still-in-shock husband gently lifted her up, took her to the high table, sat her on her bride's chair, shocked us all more, as he now sang Kenny Roger's "Through the years".
Those of us who were single that day, regretted going there alone, it was the most romantic wedding ceremony ever for me.
And am seriously thinking along marriage lines now.

So guys, share your most romantic wedding ceremonies experience here.
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by macklef(m): 10:37am On Jul 29, 2013
Lool.. i can relate, dis exactly how i believ a weddin shud b.. its a 1 in a life time moment for crying out loud make it so romantic n memorable dat at every aniversary u look foward to watchin d tape again n remind each oda of d love u had at 1st even wen uve gone 30yrs on d marraige.. music heals d soul dats y i love music.. music played at d most appropriate time in a weddin can dictate how d wedin will turn out.. am plannin my wedin now o, hmmm. lol. at my spare time i sit and famtasize all i wanna do on dat day.. got a list of tracks illd love to sing to my future wife but in time illd choose 1.
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by Shakslayer: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2013
macklef: Lool.. i can relate, dis exactly how i believ a weddin shud b.. its a 1 in a life time moment for crying out loud make it so romantic n memorable dat at every aniversary u look foward to watchin d tape again n remind each oda of d love u had at 1st even wen uve gone 30yrs on d marraige.. music heals d soul dats y i love music.. music played at d most appropriate time in a weddin can dictate how d wedin will turn out.. am plannin my wedin now o, hmmm. lol. at my spare time i sit and famtasize all i wanna do on dat day.. got a list of tracks illd love to sing to my future wife but in time illd choose 1.

Yea, you'right! I think the beauty of such is when there are surprises. I so love pleasant surprises!!!!!!
I also believe there shud be a provision for couples to sing to each other during wedding reception. It's so much more fun when people get married for the right reasons, it builds the love from within and makes it last for a lifetime. The lyrics of that Micheal Bolton's "Now that I've found you" is so on point, i tell you.
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by shirleywhyte(f): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww, it's so romantic.. cry
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by macklef(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
shirley whyte: Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww, it's so romantic.. cry

see dem, dey sha no how to melt, d good ones tho.
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by macklef(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
Shakslayer:

Yea, you'right! I think the beauty of such is when there are surprises. I so love pleasant surprises!!!!!!
I also believe there shud be a provision for couples to sing to each other during wedding reception. It's so much more fun when people get married for the right reasons, it builds the love from within and makes it last for a lifetime.

ehen?? i no alota mic Bolt but am not sure ave listend to dis particular 1.. lemme downld
The lyrics of that Micheal Bolton's "Now that I've found you" is so on point, i tell you.[/quote]
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by Shakslayer: 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
macklef: The lyrics of that Micheal Bolton's "Now that I've found you" is so on point, i tell you.

I can still remember
When all I had was time
A time when I had nothin'
But this empty heart of mine
When I needed inspiration
When the night was all I knew
You were the light shinin' into my life
The reason for all the love I'm feelin'

CHORUS
Now that I've found you
I don't know how I lived without you
I don't know how I survived without your love
Now that I've found you
I only know I'd be lost without you
I found the love
That I'll never find again
'Cause all I ever needed
And all I ever wanted
Has come true
I found it all now that I've found you

I could've searched forever
And never realized
The treasure of a lifetime
Was the love inside your eyes
When I reach for inspiration
In your touch, it's always there
Givin' me faith every step of the way
Givin' me all I ever needed

CHORUS

And every step of the way
Gonna dedicate my heart to you
Promise you my world forever
Pledgin' my love my whole life through

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiZd1x_ar3k
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by whirlwind7(m): 3:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hmmm, would have helped my imagination if u had taken a short video of the moment. Dont know if i got a dirty mind or what, but i was half expecting you to say they actually tried to make love on the high table, before their parents stepped in and broke it up! wink
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by Shakslayer: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
whirlwind7: Hmmm, would have helped my imagination if u had taken a short video of the moment. Dont know if i got a dirty mind or what, but i was half expecting you to say they actually tried to make love on the high table, before their parents stepped in and broke it up! wink

Nope, u ain't got a dirty mind. That was actually what happened! Surprised u got it with absolute precision.
Nonsense + s = Nonsenses
And u thought that was funny?
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by macklef(m): 4:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
Shakslayer:

Nope, u ain't got a dirty mind. That was actually what happened! Surprised u got it with absolute precision.
Nonsense + s = Nonsenses
And u thought that was funny?

dont blame him, hes defination of Romantic is hard core sexx.. it goes beyound d penetration state of mind @ whirlwind.. we talkin of a lifetime occasion not a 1 nite stand at D marquees or koko lounge..
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by macklef(m): 4:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
Shakslayer:

I can still remember
When all I had was time
A time when I had nothin'
But this empty heart of mine
When I needed inspiration
When the night was all I knew
You were the light shinin' into my life
The reason for all the love I'm feelin'

CHORUS
Now that I've found you
I don't know how I lived without you
I don't know how I survived without your love
Now that I've found you
I only know I'd be lost without you
I found the love
That I'll never find again
'Cause all I ever needed
And all I ever wanted
Has come true
I found it all now that I've found you

I could've searched forever
And never realized
The treasure of a lifetime
Was the love inside your eyes
When I reach for inspiration
In your touch, it's always there
Givin' me faith every step of the way
Givin' me all I ever needed

CHORUS

And every step of the way
Gonna dedicate my heart to you
Promise you my world forever
Pledgin' my love my whole life through

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiZd1x_ar3k

coooll. ave u heard Officially urs by craig david or ruben studards togeda.. 1 of my appropriate songs to serenade her with.
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by shirleywhyte(f): 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
I so love Endless love by luther vandross and marrriah carey....that's my choice
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by macklef(m): 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
shirley whyte: I so love Endless love by luther vandross and marrriah carey....that's my choice

dats an Alltimer, a duo(both coiples) will ave to sing togeda passionately to make it romantic buh its a common song.
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by shirleywhyte(f): 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
I don't care if it's common....that's my song..I won't sing it b'coss I can't sing, it'll be a background song while I'll pour out my heart..
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by macklef(m): 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
shirley whyte: I don't care if it's common....that's my song..I won't sing it b'coss I can't sing, it'll be a background song while I'll pour out my heart..

Lol. how can u pour ur heart if u dnt sing d song urself, beta gwan start practicing o, nd pls dnt practise in d bathrum, uld beliv ur beyonce afta 2days.
Re: THE MOST ROMANTIC WEDDING CEREMONY EVER! by shirleywhyte(f): 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Most Men Don't Smile During Their Wedding, But Women Do Smile; Why Is So? / Help! She Is In Love...... With A Married Man / What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.