Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship (1352 Views)

See The Difference Between Dating A Boy And Dating A Man / What Is The Difference Between Dating Someone And Going Out With Someone? / What's The Difference Between Dating And Courtship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Preceedo(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
Is there something I don't know Or is this actually meaningless?
Somebody said "stop acting as if we are in a relationship we are only dating". Is dating not a relationship or what?

I really wanna know coz ama learner!
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by sweettease(f): 9:39pm On Dec 12, 2013
At times its just faster and easier to ask google undecided
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Preceedo(m): 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
sweet-tease:
At times its just faster and easier to ask google undecided

true talk shhaa. Badt gal!!!
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Enegod(m): 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2013
I really have nothing to say, but I am
writing this because i wanted to be
included.. undecided
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 12, 2013
Is there any diff??

I tink both are the same.
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Preceedo(m): 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2013
nyere84: Is there any diff??

I tink both are the same.
seconded! But I guess some date without actually being serious with it or not ready to move the relationship forward.
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by gbengaola: 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
the person was correct,although people use them interchangeably but they are two different words.Now to the question

DATING:this is when u fix time to meet in a place,restaurant,bars,e.t.c to talk about your intentions,what u want from the person,it may happen only one time,two times,or even as much as u arrange,but think of it,if her answer is NO,then u dated her succesfully but did not get in a relationship with her.

RELATIONSHIP:after hanging around/asking out/dating......if her answer is YES,now u are in a relationship with her.

I hope i answered you,GBENGAOLA
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2013
Well, if all you and ur girlfriend do is go to the mall, beach, shopping, eat fried rice and chicken, hug, make calls and say I love you,all at your own expense, then you guys are dating... But if you do the main thing, lyk she cooking for you, making your bed, sleeping over, washing your clothes and banging you crazy, then you are both in a relationship...
Infact when dating, you only give but in a relationship, you give and receive... 50/50

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Preceedo(m): 10:38pm On Dec 12, 2013
gbengaola: the person was correct,although people use them interchangeably but they are two different words.Now to the question

DATING:this is when u fix time to meet in a place,restaurant,bars,e.t.c to talk about your intentions,what u want from the person,it may happen only one time,two times,or even as much as u arrange,but think of it,if her answer is NO,then u dated her succesfully but did not get in a relationship with her.

RELATIONSHIP:after hanging around/asking out/dating......if her answer is YES,now u are in a relationship with her.

I hope i answered you,GBENGAOLA

permit me not to agree with you cos the 1st one is a hanging out while dating is the proceed of hanging out with her i.e when she agrees ti b ur GF.

#May be I'm wrong#
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Preceedo(m): 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2013
njokusboy: Well, if all you and ur girlfriend do is go to the mall, beach, shopping, eat fried rice and chicken, hug, make calls and say I love you,all at your own expense, then you guys are dating... But if you do the main thing, lyk she cooking for you, making your bed, sleeping over, washing your clothes and banging you crazy, then you are both in a relationship...
Infact when dating, you only give but in a relationship, you give and receive... 50/50

if you read the above you will see there is no clearcut differnce there coz all theses things you mention are applicable in a relationship can not but be practised in dating!
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by 1one: 12:40am On Dec 13, 2013
I think dating is more like "WINDOW SHOPPING"..where you go to the market to more or less sight-see without having any serious intention to buy any of the stuff and that's why some people(I dare say girls) can comfortably date 5guys at a time.....but a relationship is more like going to a high-end supermall to actually buy/pay for expensive stuff,so its something you have invested not just your time into,but also your resources that's why even though its possible to have 5 different relationships...but wetin the tin go chop commot for your body you sef go sabi say make you do only one.
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Preceedo(m): 6:47am On Dec 13, 2013
1one: I think dating is more like "WINDOW SHOPPING"..where you go to the market to more or less sight-see without having any serious intention to buy any of the stuff and that's why some people(I dare say girls) can comfortably date 5guys at a time.....but a relationship is more like going to a high-end supermall to actually buy/pay for expensive stuff,so its something you have invested not just your time into,but also your resources that's why even though its possible to have 5 different relationships...but wetin the tin go chop commot for your body you sef go sabi say make you do only one.

I guess you mean dating has less commitment than being in a relationship cos in a relationship you can't do as you like while in dating everything goes?
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Energito: 8:34am On Dec 13, 2013
Enegod: I really have nothing to say, but I am
writing this because i wanted to be
included.. undecided
me too
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Obiagu1(m): 8:46am On Dec 13, 2013
I think dating is an early stage of a relationship.
Dating can involve sex too.
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by Preceedo(m): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
Obiagu1: I think dating is an early stage of a relationship.
Dating can involve sex too.

How many months, years is that early stage before it grows into a relationship?
Re: What's The Difference Between Dating And Being In A Relationship by EmilyPellot123: 9:33pm On Feb 29
Consider trying out OneDateIdea, a platform https://www.onedateidea.com/date-ideas/fun-date-ideas/ dedicated to curating unique and exciting experiences for couples. Whether you're into adventurous outings like hiking to a secluded waterfall or prefer something more low-key like attending a cooking class together, OneDateIdea has something for everyone. Imagine stargazing under the night sky with a telescope, or embarking on a spontaneous road trip to explore nearby towns. From picnics in the park to trying out new activities like paddleboarding or rock climbing, the possibilities are endless with OneDateIdea. It's the perfect way to break out of your routine and create lasting memories with your partner. So why not shake things up and embark on an unforgettable adventure together?

(1) (Reply)

Am 23 And Am In Love With A 45yr Old Man / Did I Do Wrong? / Two Lovers Found Dead 2 Weeks Before Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.