Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal (13381 Views)

Lai Mohammed Denies Ordering NBC To Suspend BBNaija / Berlin Wall Comment: Lai Mohammed Denies Attacking Illorin Emirate / Amina Mohammed In $300 Million Timber Scandal (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by stephanie11: 4:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
@POLITICSNGR

Former minister of Environment and current UN deputy secretary general, Amina Mohammed has denied reports about her involvement in a massive $300 million illegal exportation of African rosewood from Nigeria to China.

Mohammed was in hot water on Friday after the Environmental Investigation Agency released a documentary detailing the role the former minister played in signing thousands of backdated permits in January 2017 which were used to clear the illegal export into China.

Speaking to theCable, Mohammed said she instead spent her time at the ministry to battle Illegal exportation of Wood. She said;

“No permits were backdated or illegally signed by me. We are therefore appalled if any legally obtained or forged certificates were used by unscrupulous rosewood traders to circumvent exportation procedures,” she said.Not only do I decry fraud and corruption, we also categorically reject any allegations of corruption or coercion in our effort to better address illegal logging and exportation.

I categorically deny receiving any bribe. It has never been in my character. I never demanded neither did I collect any bribe, either cash or material".

She said the first thing she noticed after her appointment as a minister was the level of deforestation. She said;

"One of the first issues I had to deal with was deforestation. It was a huge concern as Nigeria was losing its forest cover at an alarming rate… For me, protecting the environment is sacrosanct. "

https://politicsngr.com/2017/11/11/amina-mohammed-speaks-300-million-scandal-denies-involvement/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by NigerDeltan(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
The woman is too clean

Na wao so nobody wey no get enemy?

Chai...

15 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by zurielsam(m): 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
so the can not FINGER you in peace again abi. issorite

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by Built2last: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2017
OK ma.

Just that I don't believe you.

7 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by simplemach(m): 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
Don't worry ma!!!
We don't expect you to accept the accusation just like that...

We know who your boss is, we know who your colleagues are and above all ma, we know your party, all its members are saints.

Don't forget ma, the mansion at Ikoyi, instead of your party and your boss telling us who the owner of the mansion is, they just ordered the forfeiture of the mansion, instead of reward the whistle blower, they detained him and subsequently took him to the psychiatric hospital.

I just regret being born in Nigeria, maybe Niger or Togo would have been better options.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by northvietnam(m): 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
She is a thief but she never reach to the if that kind thief nah habaaa

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by aleeyus(m): 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
Kai, BSS which way ?
Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
Nigeria is cursed. no day they don't recover huge amounts of cash, What kind of a country is this for heaven's sake

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by nestic(m): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2017
$300 million... infact am living this country... lemme go and spend my own first

6 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by ibkgab001: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2017
Otida

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by KehnnyCares(m): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2017
A woman of integrity. God bless you ma.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by voiceofthetruth: 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2017
Lol. I don't understand. Was anyone expecting her to accept it?

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by Sunofgod(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2017
Liar...

5 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by DWJOBScom(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2017
Don't worry you are a saint! You are in APC.

Don't mind the busybody pressmen nosing around grin grin grin grin

Corruption ended with GEJ and PDP cool

4 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by talk2percy(m): 6:00pm On Nov 11, 2017
Madam are u sure, are u very so sure?? 300 million fuvcking dollars

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by talk2percy(m): 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2017
But is she Lai Mohammed's wife

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by chibuike65: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2017
Baba but whay?
Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by Activeman391(m): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2017
#Bringbackourmoney..Na only God go save u from this long throat people

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by psalmsjob: 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
They won't believe you because they already had their minds made up just as they acknowledge the legendary corruption of GEJ but that nobody should mention him grin

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by akigbemaru: 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2017
NigerDeltan:
The woman is too clean

Na wao so nobody wey no get enemy?

Chai...
Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by lazygal: 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2017
Before nko ,she will deny especially now that HSE has an international appointment but I don't believe her

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by tishbite41(m): 6:20pm On Nov 11, 2017
fulani thief

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by Tedassie(m): 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2017
voiceofthetruth:
Lol. I don't understand. Was anyone expecting her to accept it?
i tire o

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by Throwback: 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
Built2last:
OK ma.

Just that I don't believe you.

You don't even believe in yourself, so nothing new here.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by sanpipita(m): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
EIA investigators are not playing they are even saying the deal benefitted boko haram, for this woman's sake hope she is innocent cos international people don't joke with corruption cases, you will be fired straight.

https://eia-global.org/reports/the-rosewood-racket

3 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by jeeqaa7(m): 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2017
R
Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by meforkene(m): 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2017
nestic:
$300 million... infact am living this country... lemme go and spend my own first

This is 135th naira abi?
Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by meforkene(m): 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2017
From the interview,I ask, How do you ban exportation for 3months and then sign CITES permits for the same given period?

She said she signed 2992 permits in one day,16th Jan which a quarter of it wasn't used by the exporters.How do you sign about 800permits that are not used since the ban dates Dec 31st 2016?

Good thing the case is closed since the UN sec gen is backing her fully.They have to take one for the team.Good for Nigeria too.

Or were you expecting her to come out and accept?
Re: Amina Mohammed Denies Involvement In $300 Million Rosewood Scandal by ElsonMorali: 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2017
I don't even know which one is worse, Sodom and Gomorrah Or Nigeria? embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ondo State 2017 Christmas Carol In Pictures / Democracy Watch Calls For The Unconditional Release Of Nastura Sherif / Akpabio Walking Against The Tide And The Will Of His People-secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.