Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Who Is Afraid Of The Port Harcourt Peaceful Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Afraid Of The Port Harcourt Peaceful Rally (446 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / PDP Supporters In Rivers On Peaceful Rally (Photos) / Abuja CSOs Staged Peaceful Rally At PHNC HQ Over Increase In Electricity Tarif (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Afraid Of The Port Harcourt Peaceful Rally by SirVee(m): 4:45am On Jul 30, 2013
Why is this gathering being criticised if not for fear? I am disgusted at people who PRETEND that all is well with our democracy.
You cannot compare the Boko Haram menace to the recent crisis in Rivers State. The BH menace (like terrorism) required quick intervention by the C-in-C. This intervention as is with his norm came too late after many lives have been lost in peace time Nigeria.
Now the Rivers State crisis is a crisis of suspicion! We all can see the powerful hand on which the five fingers (legislators led by Evans Bipi - a guy not fit to be a ward councillor - shame to Ogu Bolo for 'selecting' Evans to represent them) operate! The same powerful arm that was slow to act in the BH crisis has been quicker than the laser beam in the harassment and intimidation of 'perceived opponents' in Rivers State! We all have seen the travails of governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi (RCA)!
Is it a crime to have ambition if at all that is Amaechi's sin?
I beg to disagree with anyone criticising any peaceful rally to say no to tyranny! GEJ is graduated from 'an Ijaw boy having no shoes' to one who suppresses any suspected / perceived opposition! Should our democracy be judged by brotherhood? In a democracy, there should be nothing like my brother cannot challenge me! It is a shameful precedence that only weak minds support!
Where were these people when Wole Soyinka and the SNG demonstrated in Abuja to free Nigeria from the claws of the cabal and got GEJ to be president in 2010? The same Soyinka is now being called names! Enough is enough for these weak minds who cannot see beyond their selfish interest!

I make bold to ask, has the plight of the Ijaw man improved since GEJ became president? If you answer in the affirmative, you are selfish with the truth! Search your conscience and may God help the Ijaw nation, the South South and the Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Re: Who Is Afraid Of The Port Harcourt Peaceful Rally by bloggernaija: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2013
Stop asking questions with obvious answers .
The mindset of the elites of the Niger delta is the same as those of the northern oligarch .
Many of their politicians including GEJ are Abacha boys
There is a universal lack of disent.ken saro wiwa existence was just a fluke.

(1) (Reply)

My Govt Beyond Blackmail – Orji / Suggestion, Suggestion!!! / Osun Received 143 Indigenes In 3 Years From Lagos, Ogun, Oyo & Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.