Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. (37659 Views)

Launching Of Obijackson Children Hospital In Anambra, Nigeria (Photos) / Protest in Uniport Teaching Hospital today due to the death of a student / CLAM Church Opens SOTERIA Hospital In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 31, 2013
torkaka: That teaching hospital was 80percent completed under the administration of George Akume, the present guy just did the finishing touches!. . . . That said,I would like to point out that asides the infrastructure and location, that place is a dead zone equipment and personnel wise!!

God bless you for this...I am appalled @ the level of medicrity displayed here, cos someone post some very photo-shopped pix we are clapping..

They lack the necessary equipements et al..Suswan's acheivemenr includes building boreholes..That state is so blessed with all kinda fruits yet no single reasonable factory even the cement factory is hugely owned by dangote.

Shame on una benue pple n pdp power people..I served in that particular place not too long so I knw a bit or two about them esp the wasteful Suswan!
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by horlabiyi(m): 1:26am On Jul 31, 2013
Good development for Benue state.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ujoinme: 1:46am On Jul 31, 2013
Julieccentric:

God bless you for this...I am appalled @ the level of medicrity displayed here, cos someone post some very photo-shopped pix we are clapping..

They lack the necessary equipements et al..Suswan's acheivemenr includes building boreholes..That state is so blessed with all kinda fruits yet no single reasonable factory even the cement factory is hugely owned by dangote.

Shame on una benue pple n pdp power people..I served in that particular place not too long so I knw a bit or two about them esp the wasteful Suswan!

Is this agro company not in benue? this is a transcorp investment in markurdi to tap into the agribusiness. this is a good business thats been attracted to the state and thats good. learn to criticise constructively, Acknowledge what has been done and then say what more need to be done.Do not deny or undermine what any govt has done.

So if dangote owns the cement factory whats the problem with that? is he not paying taxes to the state or is he not employing benue citizens?
Are u suggesting that despite evidence to the contrary, govt. should remain in the business of doing business in these era of PPP?

can you point one picture posted on this thread that is photo shopped?

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by anonimi: 1:47am On Jul 31, 2013
This is not possible in Benue state. Or is it
The better better things dey for only Lagos!
Sometimes sef you fit find better things for other ACN states!!
There is no way any better thing fit dey for state wey na all those dem "useless" PDP people dey rule!!!

So therefore we must agree that

- the pictures were photoshopped.
- equipments nor dey inside the empty buildings.
- staff sef nor dey for work inside the hospitals dem.

Na so bad belle dey worry person die, nor be so
Instead of looking for ways you can align your skills and sell to the new hospital, make we dey here dey run mouth like person wey get diarrhoea of the mouth.
That wan sef go need special diagnostics, thankfully this new hospital go fit helep!

Abeg OP make you dey continue for post us better better pictures of things happening outside Lagos and south west so that those wey nor fit waka pass dem papa farm go sabi sey other farms dey wey big also!
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ujoinme: 2:05am On Jul 31, 2013
Symphony007: which is?

that you dont know what you are talking about.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Targatarga(f): 3:45am On Jul 31, 2013
I can see fashola is working.....

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Nickyspice(f): 5:14am On Jul 31, 2013
billante:
Abeg help me ask them!
Even my fathers private hospital is more equipped and better looking than this!
so make we kill ourselves? If u no talk like dat we no go sabi say ur papa get clinic, mtcheeew!
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Kassidy90(m): 5:16am On Jul 31, 2013
Good development, if they need medical lab scientist or technician, I dey here oo, dis private lab work don tire me...
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ORAFA(m): 6:16am On Jul 31, 2013
If this hospital is as bad and without a future as some of u guys say, I bet MTN and World Bank wouldn't partner with the state government on this project. Am proud of my state, my alma mata, our teaching hospital, and our medical staff. We aint big yet but I know we shall be big someday. Besides, Rome wasn't built in a day, not even in 20years. Long Live Benue State University, Long Live Benue State University Teaching Hospital, Long Live Benue State, Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria. One day our country shall grow and our youths shall rise above ignorance, hate and mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ORAFA(m): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2013
Julieccentric:

I doubt seriously that you served in Makurdi or Benue as a whole. If you TRULY did, you wouldn't be so daft as not to have seen the buildings in these pictures in reality. Maybe you were posted to Benue but you remained somewhere else practicing prostitution and being confined to the rooms of one hotel waiting for an Alhaji customer of ur's or just being stupid. IGNORANCE WILL KILL YOU.

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by anonimi: 7:06am On Jul 31, 2013
Kassidy90: Good development, if they need medical lab scientist or technician, I dey here oo, dis private lab work don tire me...

Make you dey there dey wait make dem come look for you, abi
Nor stand up find details of the place and how you go fit enter there do correct job for better pay with PP prospects as there may not be enough lab technicians in Benue.
What do you think
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Symphony007: 7:07am On Jul 31, 2013
ujoinme:

that you dont know what you are talking about.
what did i say for you to draw such a conclusion,are you ok upstairs?
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by judemorfy(m): 7:14am On Jul 31, 2013
Dis i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ nt bad,if evry Gov shud do 1 O̶̷̩̥̊͡ƒ dis i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ his state . W̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ might jst be heldin 2 a beta positn
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by judemorfy(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2013
MrEndowedAyo: WHATS THIS? A COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE?
yes a comunity health centre,cus dats Ħ̀́̀́̀☺ω D̶̲̥̅̊ comunity hospital i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ U̶̲̥̅̊я area i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊.Bad gbele. Bravo man gud wok
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by joshuaidibia(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2013
Dis is little cmpared to DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL. dis pix luks lyk a health kia centre.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by idupaul: 7:32am On Jul 31, 2013
torkaka: That teaching hospital was 80percent completed under the administration of George Akume, the present guy just did the finishing touches!. . . . That said,I would like to point out that asides the infrastructure and location, that place is a dead zone equipment and personnel wise!!

U are clearly an anti Suswam Character. How can u say the palce was 80percent completed before Suswam becam governor..
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 31, 2013
Good infrastructure.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by FlyboyZee: 7:55am On Jul 31, 2013
This hospital was started in 1996 or thereabouts, when the Government Day Secondary School Makurdi was relocated from that site.

That hospital has seen 2 Military Administrators and 2 Civilian Governors (who had each spent 8 years- 2 tenures apiece); thereby taking a whooping 17 years to bring up to this level (Can someone please remind us how long it took the great University College Hospital, Ibadan to be established?). Yet, it is not up to scratch.

Benue State University has admitted students to study Medicine and Surgery so many times only to advise them to change over to Zoology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Botany, etc in their 2nd year (This went on for over ten years). This act alone deceived a lot of peeps, who would have become excellent Medics today to become Science Tutors in Secondary Schools.

In the 2nd quarter of this year, my friend's father was admitted to that same hospital, where he spent about a month betore passing on to the great beyond. While he was in admission, my friend who is a lecturer in the Federal University in Makurdi was appalled by the state of the hospital that he went to facebook with pictures of the dilapidating hospital that is yet to take off fully. The roof leaked so much that they had to put buckets and basins in some parts of the private ward to help trap rain water. He also lamented how the toilets were non-functional and the aggressive and uninspiring attitude of staff to patients. In all, he regretted his decision in taking his father there and was making arrangements for him to he transferred to the University Teaching Hospital at Enugu before the old man passed away.

@UJoinMe, I didn't plan on ruinning your post, but I just want you to understand that some of us here are Makurdi-bred and know every single thing aboit Benue like the back of our palms. I'm sorry if you are the P.R. guy of the hospital and I've made rubbish of your effort. Please, just try and discuss with the Hospital Management to try and fix some of the facilities and train your staff to be courteous in service delivery because WE ARE ALL SOMEONE ELSE'S CUSTOMERS, CLIENTS OR PATIENTS.

2 Likes

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by FlyboyZee: 7:59am On Jul 31, 2013
idupaul:

U are clearly an anti Suswam Character. How can u say the palce was 80percent completed before Suswam becam governor..
But, he's right. Structural work and landscapping was already completed before Suswam's tenure. It was equipment that was lacking at the time. I even worked on that site FYI.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by EllyBrainyTM: 8:06am On Jul 31, 2013
ujoinme:

Next time do some research before running your mouth. some of you guys are unbelievable commenting on stuff you dont know squat about. FYI heres the accreditation status of the school.

BSUTH Accreditation
The nightmare of pioneering students of the College of health Sciences, Benue State University Makurdi, is now over following the granting of full accreditation to the Benue State University Teaching Hospital (BSUTH) by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.

All is now set for the students to take the practical exams which will pave way for their graduation. The examinations, expected to come up in January 2013, would be taken by both the pioneering students set and the class next to them, to make up 50 students.

Consequently, the Chief Medical Director (CMD) of the hospital, Prof. Abraham Orkurga Malu has expressed gratitude to the state government for the Teaching Hospital which, he said has started yielding benefits. A statement by the Hospital's Head of Public Relations Mr. Cephas Hough, also conveyed the appreciation of the Medical Director to the Management Board and the entire staff of the hospital for working tirelessly towards the successful accreditation of the hospital by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.

Prof. Malu, who stated that the accreditation followed a recent visit by the Nigeria Medical and Dental Council, also stated that the Council expressed satisfaction with the quality of manpower, equipment and facility at the hospital, research and provision of healthcare services to patients.

He expressed delight that, the accreditation had put behind the problem of stagnation of medical students of the Benue State University due to lack of a teaching hospital required for their training.

The first set of medical students was matriculated into the College of Health Sciences, Benue State University, Makurdi in the 2003/2004 academic session.

From this date, the students had put in at least nine years for a course that has a duration of six years.

FULLY ACCREDITED

MEDICAL SCHOOLS IN

NIGERIA

College of Medicine and
Health Sciences, Abia State
University, Uturu, Abia
State
College of Health
Sciences,Ebonyi State
University, Abakaliki.
College of Medicine,
University of Lagos, Idi
Araba, Lagos.
College of Health Sciences,
Obafemi Awolowo
University, Ile Ife, Osun
State.
University of Port-Harcourt.
Usman Dan Fodiyo
University, Sokoto, Sokoto
State.
College of Medicine,
University of Ibadan, Oyo
State.
College of Medicine,
University of Ilorin, Kwara
State.
College of Medical Sciences,
University of Calabar,
Cross River State.
College of Medicine, Lagos
State University, Ikeja,
Lagos State.
College of Medicine,
Ambrose Alli University,
Ekpoma.
Faculty of Medical Sciences,
University of Jos.
Faculty of Medicine, Bayero
University, Kano State.
Obafemi Awolowo College of
Health Sciences, Sagamu,
Olabisi Onabanjo (formerly
Ogun State) University, Ago
Iwoye, Ogun State.
College of Medicine, Imo
State University, Owerri
College of Health Science,
Madonna University Elele,
Rivers State.
University of Benin, Benin
City , Edo State.
Oba Okunade College of
Health Sciences Igbinedion
University Okada, Benin -
City, Edo State.
College of Medicine,
University of Nigeria Enugu
Campus. Enugu.
Nnamdi Azikiwe University,
Nnewi.
Faculty of Medicine, Ahmadu
Bello University Zaria.
University of Maiduguri.
Delta State University,
Abraka
College of Medicine, Enugu
State University of Science
and Technology, Enugu
College Of Health Sciences,
University of Uyo, Akwa
Ibom.
Niger Delta University,
Wilberforce Island Bayelsa
Ladoke Akintola University
of Technology, Ogbomoso,
Osun State.
PARTIALLY ACCREDITED
MEDICAL SCHOOLS FOR
MEDICAL ONLY
College of Medical
Sciences,Anambra State
University Uli,Anambra.
Bigham University Karu,
Nasarawa.
Benue State University,
Makurdi
College of health Sciences,
Bowen University Iwo

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by EllyBrainyTM: 8:08am On Jul 31, 2013
the Above Answer is From MDCN(Medical Dental Council of Nigeria) website,As You can see your benue state university college of Medicine which is second to the last in the list is PARTIALLY ACREDITTED...... Now tell Me who need to do the research?,dont come here and mislead people with those Pictures when the School is not yet fully accredited...Nice infrastructure no doubt but the Core issue need to be treated,due to frustration most of the Student have gone to places like Ukraine and other places to Complete their Medical education,medicine of 6yrs have take some people 10yrs,and You are here arguing baseless arguement with Me....Am a Chairman I no Fit Shout.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by nydraps(m): 8:33am On Jul 31, 2013
grin grin
Babzilla: I HEAR THEY HAVE A VERY
VIBRANT HIV/STD UNIT cool
ROTFLMAO
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by ekolina(m): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2013
Symphony007: That is a teaching hospital?....this is a mere rivers state government dental clinic.
i can c u kwn nfin, if benue state can get 1/4 of rivers state allocation i tell u benue wll b paradise on earth
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 31, 2013
Am I the only person who noted the river very close to the hospital layout? I foresee a flood wrecking the beautiful buildings and expensive equipment! The Benue SG needs to build a high embankment to at least protect the teaching hospital from any flood disaster... Thot they should have learned lessons from last year.

For those castigating the hospital, half bread is better than chin chin...

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Sirkris(m): 8:47am On Jul 31, 2013
lol. I can see why many of our Nigerian youths can't move beyond were they found themselves, you served in benue, did you visit the hospital? the government of that state irrespective of whose tenure has tried and we should applaud him, their is no university in Nigeria that started medicine and graduated medics six years after inception. please when you see a good foundation pray to God to consolidate on the growth. I wish benue people goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Sirkris(m): 8:48am On Jul 31, 2013
Julieccentric:

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by zeelo2014: 8:50am On Jul 31, 2013
I've spent over a year in Benue state,between the Tiv land & Idoma land. From my observations,interactions with their indigenes all I can say is there is NO goverment in that state,Mr 'Sussana' spends his time & effort in politicking & disbursing allocation. No idea,no passion, no reasonable or major state project going on. Though it seems the citizens are used to such due to the fact that they have had series of bad leaders,which is not uncommon in most nothern states.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by drealplus: 8:52am On Jul 31, 2013
Good one. tomorrow we all sit here and shout fashola is working. see good work. pls others send ur state developmental projects pictures.

1 Like

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by Sirkris(m): 8:53am On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=zeelo2014]I've spent over a year in Benue state,between the Tiv land & Idoma land. From my observations,interactions with their indigenes all I can say is there is NO goverment in that state,Mr 'Sussana' spends his time & effort in politicking & disbursing allocation. No idea,no passion, no reasonable or major state project going on. Though it seems the citizens are used to such due to the fact that they have had series of bad leaders,which is not uncommon in most
nothern states.[/quote.

there is no were in the world where leaders ain't criticized, I have spent many years in makurdi and I can tell you beyond reasonable doubt that Gabriel suswam has tried alot in that state. you choose not to see the good side of there development.
Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by danny301: 8:56am On Jul 31, 2013
I don't know why many southerners are finding it difficult to accept the fact that good things can come out from other parts of Nigeria. They criticize almost everything happening in other parts of the country and justify their own obvious faults. They think every individual from the north or middle-belt is a dullard while everybody from the south a genius from birth..... How on earth will somebody say that the whole benue state cannot produce capable hands for just one medical college and that person does not think so of Ebonyi, Ogun, Bayesa, Enugu etc . I have had many course(s) mates of southerner origin both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria and i can say with all sincerity that, there is nothing special about them.......I believe Education or intelligence is more of an individual thing than of state of origin.

2 Likes

Re: Benue State University Teaching Hospital In Pictures. by intercom: 9:11am On Jul 31, 2013
Passing through benue state the first time, i discovered that the state is not (1) Big, (2) development is just within the university and the Dunamis church area, (3) other places are very poor (4) could not see any farm land, i was wondering why are there called "Food basket of the nation". please some one should educate me the more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Black Soot: Port Harcourt Dangerous Air Pollution - Eyewitness Account (Video) / How 6 Ekiti Doctors Died, Survivor Recounts - Vanguard / Female UNILAG Student Slumps & Dies After Clubbing With A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.