Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour (16827 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit / 9 Richest Kings In The History Of Nigeria & How They Enjoy Royal Splendour(pics) / The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by tpia5: 3:48am On Aug 03, 2013
no idea.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by tpia5: 3:48am On Aug 03, 2013
Dame Flora Louisa Shaw, Lady Lugard, DBE (born 1852, Woolwich, England, UK – died 25 January 1929, Surrey, England, UK), the daughter of an English father, Captain (later Major General) George Shaw and a French mother, Marie Desfontaines, was a British journalist and writer. She is also known for having coined the name "Nigeria".

wiki
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by Nobody: 3:50am On Aug 03, 2013
Lol ok..i recognised my madam prime minister bissessar in it thats why i asked.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by tpia5: 3:56am On Aug 03, 2013
it was on google.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:20am On Aug 03, 2013
Nightshift: @Shymexx, so you think that all those powerful African kings were not involved in selling their own people to white men? It's a historical fact that they were the real consumers of white man's whisky and schnapps, who like Oliver Twist , were asking and getting more by sending their army or gangs to raid and capture more people from villages for sale.
You definitely do not understand, until you hear from those current monarchs about the exploits of their forefathers; or study history.
Our mind for history is shallow, so our people prefer to avoid the bitter truth and move on. You are equally following a familiar step - the forgetful African mind!

Eze Nri never sold slave; Infact,Nri kingdom and environ took in run away slaves and cleansed them from the bondage of slavery. My people were wise and noble that's why I have sort of superiority mindset over non Nri. I am very proud and full of my danm self.....DANM!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 05, 2013
Nightshift: @Shymexx, so you think that all those powerful African kings were not involved in selling their own people to white men? It's a historical fact that they were the real consumers of white man's whisky and schnapps, who like Oliver Twist , were asking and getting more by sending their army or gangs to raid and capture more people from villages for sale.
You definitely do not understand, until you hear from those current monarchs about the exploits of their forefathers; or study history.
Our mind for history is shallow, so our people prefer to avoid the bitter truth and move on. You are equally following a familiar step - the forgetful African mind!

spot on!! cool
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by Nobody: 3:28am On Aug 05, 2013
shymexx:

Fam, not all African monarchs sold slaves and the few ones that did, live by the coast. I doubt any of the ones on here were involved in slavery.

sir, that occurred during the TRANS-ATLANTIC slave trade lol.
And not only were the kings on the coasts selling rivals but also their own. wink

Also, do you honestly believe they actually sold the millions of slaves taken into the new world? If you believe that, then you will probably believe anything. Most of the slaves were kidnapped by the slave merchants. There were princes and princesses amongst those slaves.

grin grin grin

DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG THE SLAVE TRADE LASTED?! grin
for over 300 years!! grin 1500s - 1800s.

http://encyclopediavirginia.org/Slave_Ships_and_the_Middle_Passage

The slave ship was the means by which nearly 12.5 million enslaved Africans were transported from Africa to the Americas between 1500 and 1866.

dont be in denial dear. it happened.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by tpia1: 3:34am On Sep 05, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebira Has Elements Of Igbo In It Or Am I Wrong / What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names / Ijebu:A Muse On A Multi Dimensional Yoruba Specie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.