Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,476 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour (16849 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit / 9 Richest Kings In The History Of Nigeria & How They Enjoy Royal Splendour(pics) / The Oluyares: The Igbo Aborigines Of Ife Who Still Live There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by misterh(m): 11:01am On Jul 31, 2013
Point of correction about the Ataoja of Osogbo. The erstwhile one died recently and has been replaced by a new one.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by DoffMan2: 11:12am On Jul 31, 2013
shymexx:

Fam, not all African monarchs sold slaves and the few ones that did, live by the coast. I doubt any of the ones on here were involved in slavery.

Also, do you honestly believe they actually sold the millions of slaves taken into the new world? If you believe that, then you will probably believe anything. Most of the slaves were kidnapped by the slave merchants. There were princes and princesses amongst those slaves.

Topic:

I absolutely love these pics. Where's the Ijebu monarch? We had one of the biggest kingdoms in the naija of yore. Heck, we're in the record books for having one of the wonders of the world looool.

Also, I wanna see Nupe, Igala, Opobo and Ijekiri monarchs? Monarchs that reigned supreme when west africa had many kingdoms.

Itsekiri bro.

Don't know about Igala, Opobo and Nupe, but the Olu of Warri (Itsekiri) monarch still has his royal swag on point.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by ROYALD(m): 11:12am On Jul 31, 2013
nice
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by ProfessorPeter(m): 11:36am On Jul 31, 2013
Tyche: Obi of Onitsha

Emir of Zazzau

Alaafin of Oyo

They need to be there
Obong of Calabar
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by CHIDONE: 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The Agbor Trad ruler look more like yahooo boy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by PhysicsQED(m): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
I do have to commend him for his efforts though. He should also publish these photographs in a book once he's done exhibiting them if he doesn't already plan to do that.

@eGuerrilla

Do you know who is in the black and white photo from your 9:04am post in this thread? Is that a past Obi of Agbor in the colonial era or is it somebody else?
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
All of them: scam artists
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
I do not know whether to be proud or embarrassed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2013
What about the royal family of Amaigbo? My family? Biggest town in the Igbo land...this isn't compete. undecided
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by mashaun(m): 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2013
Very nice work to project our traditional values.
However,the list remains incompletes without the following:

Iku baba yeye,The Alaafin of Oyo,
Emir of Zazzau
Etsu Nupe
Sultan of Sokoto
Obong of Calabar
and a host of others in that category
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by DisGuy: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
you guys should stop shouting about the list not being complete with ur redudant royals

visit the exhibition and see all the regional monarch

who mostly contribute nothing of significance to the society

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by IleIfe2(m): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
I have a problem with the way Ado Bayero is made to look like the cool guy with his Rolls royce. This useless brits will never change from their bias ways. They've been doing this since independence, helping them inflate census numbers, making them look like they are the only ones that can rule Nigeria properly etc

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
PhysicsQED: I do have to commend him for his efforts though. He should also publish these photographs in a book once he's done exhibiting them if he doesn't already plan to do that.

@eGuerrilla

Do you know who is in the black and white photo from your 9:04am post in this thread? Is that a past Obi of Agbor in the colonial era or is it somebody else?

I believe it is.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by DisGuy: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ile-Ife:
I have a problem with the way Ado Bayero is made to look like the cool guy with his Rolls royce. This useless brits will never change with from their bias ways.

the pictures were taken by a NIGERIAN? and hes a southerner ffs
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2013
For more of these images, visit http://georgeosodi.photoshelter.com/
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by IleIfe2(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dis Guy:

the picture was taken by a NIGERIAN? and hes a southerner ffs

The article was posted/published by a brit named Daniel Miller, He chose the pictures that fits their narrative. Northerners fffffsssss! What they are doing is so obvious. A Nigerian took the pictures and i'm sure Osodi sent more pictures than were published.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by DisGuy: 1:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
Ile-Ife:

The article was posted/published by a brit named Daniel Miller, He chose the pictures that fits their narrative. Northerners fffffsssss!

have you seen the other pictures that were not published?
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by IleIfe2(m): 1:53pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dis Guy:

have you seen the other pictures that were not published?

I'm just stating how britain wants the world to see Nigeria or how they want Nigeria to be. Arabs or Arab wanna bes cooperate better.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by arabanibaba: 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2013
where is awujale of ijebu land, where is oba sonariwo of ijebu land
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by akigbemaru: 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
Why are these animals still parading themselves as kings, when they are only titutlar and have stripped off powers in 1963? Many of them I would say still living on the euphoria of old glory! Shame on them!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2013
George still have a lot of work to do.
where are the following monarchs.

SULTAN OF SOKOTO
OBA OF LAGOS
EMIR OF ILORIN
OLOOFA OF OFFA
EMIR OF ZURU (SAMMI GOMO II)
EMIR OF BIRINI KEBBI
SOHUN OF OGBOMOSHO
SHEHU OF BORNO
OLUBADAN OF IBADAN
ALAAFIN OF OYO

AND MANY MORE......
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by DisGuy: 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
ibrodex: George still have a lot of work to do.
where are the following monarchs.

SULTAN OF SOKOTO
OBA OF LAGOS
EMIR OF ILORIN
OLOOFA OF OFFA
EMIR OF ZURU (SAMMI GOMO II)
EMIR OF BIRINI KEBBI
SOHUN OF OGBOMOSHO
SHEHU OF BORNO
OLUBADAN OF IBADAN
ALAAFIN OF OYO

AND MANY MORE......

visit the exhibition to see all of them
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by tpia5: 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
shouldnt this be in a book?

the Dein is stunningly handsome, as a matter of fact.

A wife hasnt surfaced yet? How come?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by naptu2: 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Nigerian traditional rulers: Royalty & Palaces (in pictures) from SkyscraperCity.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=863119
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by SANdos: 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
I'm 90% sure that's Oba Eweka II of Benin
PhysicsQED: I do have to commend him for his efforts though. He should also publish these photographs in a book once he's done exhibiting them if he doesn't already plan to do that.

@eGuerrilla

Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by PhysicsQED(m): 12:29am On Aug 01, 2013
SANdos: I'm 90% sure that's Oba Eweka II of Benin

I've seen some pictures of Oba Eweka II (including pictures from 1914, soon after he acceded to the throne, and another picture from 1923) and he looks different from that facially. Unless it's a picture of Oba Eweka II from a decade or more before 1914, when he was younger looking, I think it's likely that it's someone else.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by honifome(m): 1:02am On Aug 01, 2013
Where is Alaafin of oyo-iku baba yeye in your pictures
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by pleep(m): 2:38am On Aug 03, 2013
Sigh... these guys embarrass the hell out of me. Did that guy really have a picture of the queen Elizabeth on his shirt?

DAMN! embarassed
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by tpia5: 3:06am On Aug 03, 2013
Cool pictures all round.
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by tpia5: 3:36am On Aug 03, 2013
Re: Nigeria's Regional Monarchs Still Live In Royal Splendour by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 03, 2013
^^ when was this photo taken?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ijebu:A Muse On A Multi Dimensional Yoruba Specie / Ebira Has Elements Of Igbo In It Or Am I Wrong / What Is The Definition Of Your Native Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.