Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund (8841 Views)

Ndiigbo: The Love For Jonathan And Hate To Ngige,okorocha Etc. / Anambra Women’s Group Mobilises Support For Buhari, APC / Okonkwo Concedes APC Ticket To Ngige (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Ayekotoo(m): 8:03am On Jul 31, 2013
The Anambra Women Organisation, AWO, has pledged to contribute money to support in Dr. Chris Ngge's governorship campaign.

The women also promised to mobile their over 122,000 members in 346 wards, including non-indigenes, to vote for him in the scheduled November 16 governorship election.

The group made the pledge when Ngige visited the women yesterday at Ezinifite in Aguata Local Government Area of the state to inform them about his governorship aspiration.

The women said they would fulfil the pledge because within 32 months, Ngige, as governor, wiped their tears through free education, payment of accumulated teachers' salaries, construction of roads, etc.

The Chairperson of the group, Mrs. Gladys Obieke, who led the women to sing Ngige's praises, said Anambra State was once more in a situation requiring his prudent leadership.

In his response, Ngige said he was impressed by the organised manner the group was formed and pledged to incorporate its members in government if elected.

He said: "I did not fail you before and I will not fail you even this time. Anambra State needs solid foundation which I started the blueprint and 80 per cent of it has not been actualised.

"Roads' construction in Anambra is my brainchild; we did erosion control roads and hired the best road contractors. I refused to share money and told them I wanted to use it to pay pensioners."

http://radiobiafra.co/index.php?ui=iphone&ref=profile&option=com_content&view=article&id=1206%3Aanambra-women-said-they-will-contribute-to-ngige-s-campaign-fund&catid=115%3Anews&Itemid=551&fb_source=timeline#_=_

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Ayekotoo(m): 8:06am On Jul 31, 2013
Dr. Chris Ngige: Man of the people, for the people and by the people.

13 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Onlytruth(m): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2013

The Anambra Women Organisation, [size=14]AWO.[/size]

Is this name a coincidence, or is it a hidden message?
Umu Anambra, mepe nu anya unu o! angry

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Geomac: 8:17am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

Even if you are anti-Ngige, I did not expect this useless quote from you as Igbo leader in Nairaland. You should be removed from that position. I have said it and I will say it again, Southern Nigerians are hypocrites.

I am a full card carry member of PDP in Niger State.

12 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Onlytruth(m): 8:29am On Jul 31, 2013
Geomac:

Even if you are anti-Ngige, I did not expect this useless quote from you as Igbo leader in Nairaland. You should be removed from that position. I have said it and I will say it again, Southern Nigerians are hypocrites.

Nwokem I am not anti-Ngige; I am anti-ACN and all its well known "baggage" from across the Niger.

Onwa Anambra state is maintaining a deafening silence, while his party man Fashola is deporting Igbo from Lagos.
If I throw in the fact that he has done next to nothing to improve Anambra lot as a senator, my anger starts to tip over.
Eze or not I am still entitled to my opinion, and will be damned to ever abandon it. cool

17 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Ngwakwe: 8:33am On Jul 31, 2013
I too know, we have heard you.

Concentrate on the discussion and contribute to the thread.

AWO is the umbrella body of Iyaloja and Babalojas from APC who are mandated to collect tax and oppress the common and hardworking traders.

Geomac:

1 Like

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Onlytruth(m): 8:40am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

BTW this is an attempt at a half joke, but I would change that acronym if I were these women.
That acronym will raise bad blood.

It's like forming a Yoruba organizational acronym that ends up being OJUKWU. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Tolexander: 8:41am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

Nwokem I am not anti-Ngige; I am anti-ACN and all its well known "baggage" from across the Niger.

Onwa Anambra state is maintaining a deafening silence, while his party man Fashola is deporting Igbo from Lagos.
If I throw in the fact that he has done next to nothing to improve Anambra lot as a senator, my anger starts to tip over.
Eze or not I am still entitled to my opinion, and will be damned to ever abandon it. cool
nairaland is full of many antinomenclatural make up.

Imagine an handler of onlytruth handle that has never made any post 1,000,000km close to an atom of truth before.

The sickening part of it is that he stays oversea to rant the shit of bulls.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Geomac: 8:44am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

Senator Ngige has been in the senate for over two years and I don't think ACN members or leaders have ever dictated to him on how to manage his constituency. Look, does Ngige look like someone anybody can intimidate or dictate to? Let me tell you this, when Ngige was in PDP he was known to be a stubborn member.
Quite apart from this, Prof. Soludo is still the best candidate follow by Dr. Ngige but it is unfortunate that we lost Prof. Soludo to APGA. At that, I still believe that the two guys are the best for Anambra regardless of their political parties. I hope we (PDP) will field a good candidate that can match these two guys.

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

You dey mind them? Anambra women my ass. Ngige would have his AWO ass dusted, we don't want him and his gang of anti-Igbo bigots in Anambra government house.

Andy Uba, Soludo, or anyone else (or any other party) for that matter would be fine.
Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 31, 2013
Geomac:

Senator Ngige has been in the senate for over two years and I don't think ACN members or leaders have ever dictated to him on how to manage his constituency. Look, does Ngige look like someone anybody can intimidate or dictate to? Let me tell you this, when Ngige was in PDP he was known to be a stubborn member.
Quite apart from this, Prof. Soludo is still the best candidate follow by Dr. Ngige but it is unfortunate that we lost Prof. Soludo to APGA. At that, I still believe that the two guys are the best for Anambra regardless of their political parties. I hope we (PDP) will field a good candidate that can match these two guys.

How would you be sure? Look, apart from the fact that he has not given a good account of hinself in the Senate with his siddon-look posture, the greater fact that he has NOT defended Igbo interest in light of the series of abuse and xenophobic actions meted out by his party members against Igbo in Lagos is unacceptable. The other day, it was Orji Uzor Kalu that stoutly rose to challenge the Lagos State government over the illegal deportation of innocent Igbo people from Lagos. Ngige should be at the forefront of that, not Kalu. Instead, he has maintained an indifferent silence. This means he is in tacit support of the persecution of his own people by the ACN, his party. That, my friend, is a massive NO NO!

Such a character is not qualified to govern Anambra State.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Ayekotoo(m): 8:55am On Jul 31, 2013
pro01:

You dey mind them? Anambra women my ass. Ngige would have his AWO ass dusted, we don't want him and his gang of anti-Igbo bigots in Anambra government house.

Andy Uba, Soludo, or anyone else (or any other party) for that matter would be fine.

I don't expect anything meaningful or any iota of truth from a resident bigot of Nairaland. if a mad man contest against Ngige's APC, you will still support the Mad man. no wonder you all are in this mess.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 31, 2013
Ayekotoo:

I don't expect anything meaningful or any iota of truth from a resident bigot of Nairaland. if a mad man contest against Ngige's APC, you will still support the Mad man. no wonder you all are in this mess.

I am proud to be a 'bigot' by your definition. I didn't become that until I began to see the level of hate and xenophobia demonstrated against the Igbo by you Yoruba people in Lagos, including those of you that are supposedly intelligent and well educated in this forum. There is only so much a man can take. ACN's LASG deports Nigerians illegally from Lagos to Onitsha, and you 'educated' bigots openly support that! Yet you expect us to love and accept you with open arms? At the slightest provocation, you 'educated' people make highly offensive xenophobic remarks like 'go back to your village', and yet you talk about bigots when one stands up to defend his proud ethnic heritage and his rights as a Nigerian?

I guess bigotry begets bigotry, then.

14 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Plshavmercyamen: 9:10am On Jul 31, 2013
@onlytruth. Since u're our Eze here on nairaland, you should be very careful in the kind of comments u make here as anything u say here might be misconstrued to be the opinion of Ndi Igbo. IMHO, U should be a bridge builder while defending the over all interest of Ndi Igbo. Pls, try to consider ur position and re consider ur stand on this issue. Ima na adighi asi onye Eze na odara Iwu, mana aga asi nwu ya, EZE BIKO LE BA NYE HARI ANYA NA IHE IKWURU. Udo diri gi.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Onlytruth(m): 9:14am On Jul 31, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: @onlytruth. Since u're our Eze here on nairaland, you should be very careful in the kind of comments u make here as anything u say here might be misconstrued to be the opinion of Ndi Igbo. IMHO, U should be a bridge builder while defending the over all interest of Ndi Igbo. Pls, try to consider ur position and re consider ur stand on this issue. Ima na adighi asi onye Eze na odara Iwu, mana aga asi nwu ya, EZE BIKO LE BA NYE HARI ANYA NA IHE IKWURU. Udo diri gi.

grin cheesy
Nsogbu adighi nwanne, anulam ihe i kwuru. Udo. cool
Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Geomac: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2013
Plshavmercyamen: @onlytruth. Since u're our Eze here on nairaland, you should be very careful in the kind of comments u make here as anything u say here might be misconstrued to be the opinion of Ndi Igbo. IMHO, U should be a bridge builder while defending the over all interest of Ndi Igbo. Pls, try to consider ur position and re consider ur stand on this issue. Ima na adighi asi onye Eze na odara Iwu, mana aga asi nwu ya, EZE BIKO LE BA NYE HARI ANYA NA IHE IKWURU. Udo diri gi.
+1000

Onlytruth has forgotten that he is supposed to be unbiased when an issue that concerns all Ndi Igbo or a section surfaces. I know him to be a good defender of Igbo in Nairaland which I commend him for that. Onlytruth should know that where there is a wise there is always perfection.
Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2013
Geomac:

God bless you for this response, imagine that silly comment from a " leader" smh

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

The Anambra Women Organisation, [size=16pt]AWO[/size]

It seems Ngige is sending message about this his unholy marriage even when he does not intend to.
This is an omen to him that he is eating too much ewedu. Its ok to have tasted, but its time for Onugbu soup.

If care is not taken, he might start shouting AWO even when he is sleeping.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by kel4soft: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2013
As a Rivers man, it pains me to see old eastern region always fighting and divided on issues. This is politics, let the best candidate win. If APC or political party is criteria to judge our aspirants. Then, PDP should be sent packing long time here in south-south. Vote for the best candidate not the political party. Using propaganda to twist fact is very lame from us.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by nwabobo: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2013
The title of this thread would have been Awo to support Ngige.
Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2013
Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Opey4luv(m): 10:38am On Jul 31, 2013
Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 31, 2013
[b]East, South, West, North.... Ngige has my vote till infinity! I am a full blooded Anambrarian. But to hell with APGA, party Ndi Igbo my foot, Boko Haram Party My foot. By the time Ngige wins under APC, then we shall know the real truth. I am not voting for party... Gone ar those days. I am strictly voting for personality. We sent Annie Okonkwo to the Senate and he went there and was sleeping everyday... We sent Ngige; light was steady in most parts of Anambra now, New federal roads were awarded! When he was the governor, he did every road; Federal, state and local! But what is happening now? That man is too much Jare. I can donate my last card to his campaign. FYI, WITHOUT THE FOUNDATION CHRIS NGIGE GAVE PETER OBI, Peter Obi would have been a mass failure.... Ask T.A Orji. He will tell you in what condition Orji Uzor Kalu left Abia State. All these trolls shouting Soludo this, Soludo that... Let Peter Obi's case be an eye opener to you guys. You people think it was that time Peter Deceived us with the Catholic Church and Holy Rosary? Ah ah.... We are now more wiser than that. Ngige has my vote and that of my family. We voted him for governor, his three years spoke for him... We sent him to the senate, he has been representing. Forget Soludo.... Once he wins under APGA, he will port back to PDP. Reason.... APGA WAS DEAD ON ARRIVAL![/b]

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Bashirfuntua(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2013
I ones said it that the problem we have here in nija is that almost 80 percent of the igbos are tribalistic. What is wron with the women if they pleadge to support a good leader like ngigi that some anti developement here in naira land are cursing them.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by mekaboy(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2013
R u pple voting for party or individual competence? Pple say PDP is bad, but the same PDP produced the best governor Enugu state has ever had, in the person of Sullivan Chime.

So if a qualified person is contesting, vote the person irrespective of the party, it is the individual that will rule the state not the party.
Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Fazhy: 10:52am On Jul 31, 2013
Up Ngige.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by Longeria(m): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

lecture the fool
Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by MrAboki: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2013
APC.. In Igboland?! grin grin grin grin

Very funny!!
Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by omiobo: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2013
Mummy.....daddy Ngige make una vote for. Ngige is the messiah of Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Women To Support APC, Pledge To Contribute To Ngige’s Campaign Fund by nwadaigbo: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2013
Ezinifite is my hometown. Infact i passed through that assembly yesterday. Thats whr our mothers, sisters spend all their time and fortune under one charlattan who hav brainwashed them that they hardly listen even to their husbands and fathers these days. Bomboy hav succeded in blinding our mothers which spell doom for our various families. You hardly see them at home.let theem continue singing ngiges praise until when d elections r over and then, they will realise they hav been deceived bc ngige will noot win anambra election when soludo is in d contest. Lets see. We anambrarians are allergic to APC n anything related to it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Crude Oil Production Up By 252,800bpd / Reconciliation: Kano State Important To APC, Says Uzodimma / Yoruba In Kwara, Kogi Agitate For Oya State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.