Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? (62392 Views)

27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman-day Three-31 Dec / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
funtanherb: I agree with you and they are ignorant to know that midnight in Nigeria is Mid day to another country ....I day laugh oooooooooo
grin grin grin grin

He he he he he he he he he
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
steffans: Pray Fervently and the Lord will Hear ur Cry!!!

#i Pray all d tym... Driving, Shiting,Working...
And yes... I Wake up at Night to Pray...

Guy, I go buy you beer. You have spoken well. smiley

I pray at any time. Is it these days that I hardly have time to do anything wey I go dey kneel down, close my eyes, open my bible, squeeze my face and cup my hands and begin to pray? angry grin

God dey with me at all times, so I pray to him when doing other things. Only someone that is intimate with God can do that. We know the truth.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Olaminlekansi: 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
one of d ways a man cheats himself is to think God alone plans for him: devil does too. otherwise why would a man be kllled, robbed, cheated, or even destroyed. Prayin at nite doesn't only get u undistracted, but helps u take d battle to the battle field of d enemies, cos, OJU OGUN LAYE: life is a battlefield.

2 Likes

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by adedanointed: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] wen we r talkin abt midnyt prayer. It brings abt a ctear relationship btw u nd God nd gives u spiritual growth. I was prayin 4 d baptism of d holyghost nd diz was 2 be done wit my frnds bt we were nt in dsame place so we did chain midnyt praya 4 jst 2hrs nd i felt d presence of God in my room den i knew dat midnyt praya z d best way c pray 2 ur heavenly fada. Bt 2 b frank its nt easy.

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Tyche(m): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
maxwello.yg:

OMG! First sensible comment by Tellwisdom for years! I am shocked! Thanks be to God. Maybe he has been discharged from yaba left

The thing shock me pass

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by ClintonUzumaki: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
First of all, i'm new here and i like the topics discussed here. Now to your question. I hope you know quite well that the Bible teaches us to pray without ceasing. Now, there are many reasons why midnight prayers is important.
1. Spiritually, it the time when Wicked powers and personalities gather and as such it is a perfect time to destroy their works.
2. The midnight is a quiet time and so is a perfect time to pray to your maker who is JEHOVAH GOD.
3. The early hours of the morning is a perfect time to pray for the coming day. (i.e asking God to take full charge of your day)
There are many other important reasons but i'll give you some Bible passages to meditate upon. Psalm 5:3&7; 90:14; 119:105; 91:5-7; 63:1-11; 57:8; 19:14; 104:30; 51:1-19; 5:1-12, Mark 1:35, Luke 1:79; 12:35, Job 38:12. GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by protocol(m): 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
y parying in the mid-night when u kw well that ''that midnight is someone elses morning abroad''

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Johnchike(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
pDude:

Ok since na you read bible pass me, tell me what JESUS said about midnight prayers.

Mind you, quote only JESUS and not the Jewish teachings please. I am not a Jew, therefore I do not subscribe to Jewish religious practices.
[b] Matthew 25:6: “It was already midnight when the cry rang out, 'Here is the bridegroom! Come and meet Him!"

Matthew 26:36-45: "Jesus said to them, the sorrow in my heart is so great that it almost crushes me. Stay here and keep watch with me.............Then He returned to the three disciples and found them asleep: and He said to Peter, "How is it that you three were not able to keep watch with me even for one hour? Keep watch and pray that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"........once more Jesus went away and prayed......He returned once more and found the disciples asleep; they could not keep their eyes open.......Again, Jesus left them, went away, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. Then He returned to the disciples and said, "Are you still sleeping and resting?"

Mark 1:35- "Very early the next morning, long before daylight, Jesus got up and left the house. He went out of the town to a lonely place, where He prayed".

Luke 5:16 "But Jesus would go away to lonely places where He prayed".

Luke 18:1- "Then Jesus told His disciples a parable to teach them that they should always pray and never become discouraged"

Luke 18:7 "Now, will God not judge in favour of His own people who cry to him day and NIGHT for help? Will He be slow to help them? I tell you, He will judge in their favour and do it quickly"

Luke 11:5: “And he said unto them, Which of you
shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at
midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three
loaves;” Midnight hour is the time to Ask, Seek and
Knock the doors. Your petition at this hour makes
things begin to happen for you. That hour is a weak
period for the children of the bond woman. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Babaji111(m): 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
elnath: You Christians are really pathetic in your reasoning. So praying at night and depriving yourself of sleep really makes God accord you special treatment above others? God, then, must be partial and not keeping to His words. For it is supposedly His words that 'I will have mercy upon whom I will have mercy'. It seems to me, therefore, that the intensity, frequency or time of prayer is virtually immaterial to God, who has a masterplan for each of our lives. Remember, worshipping God entails total surrender, completely giving up to His will. The best way to surrender is not to demand, not to ask, but to submit, trust and hope that whatever God course of action God chooses for your life is OK.
You are right. Infact, I am short of word to hear how some Christian reason...how they figure who the Al-Mighty God is. Some body is talking of disturbing God. For those who don't know who God is, try to know HIM first before worshiping HIM. People forget to reason of how Supernatural, how Mighty and how Powerful is the Al-Mighty God. The Creator of Heavens and Earth, The Overseer and Sustainer of all living things from micro-organisms to whale,.Alhamdu-Lillah! my religion has taught me a lot.

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by robzyone: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
Your question is the same as asking "Is there any benefit in praying?". The question should not be the time you pray but rather how you pray. Prayer is the act of communicating with God. Whichever time you pray does not enhance or influence your communication with God but the way you communicate with God does. God is Omnipotent and Omnipresent meaning he is available at all time and everywhere. As much as you will find people with miracles to tell after nights of prayer you will also find people with miracles even after 20 secs of prayer in a day. If you will sleep while praying at night its no use praying. Pray when you know you will be able to communicate best with your God and if you feel night is the best time then go ahead but don't be forced to believe prayer at night is more effective or faster. God knows whats on our heart even before we open our mouth to pray. The only time in the Bible given to us to pray is "PRAY without CEASING" 1st Thess 5:17 (not night or day).

Thank you.
If you need more explanation please email me at robzyone@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by robzyone: 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
Babaji111: You are right. Infact, I am short of word to hear how some Christian reason...how they figure who the Al-Mighty God is. Some body is talking of disturbing God. For those who don't know who God is, try to know HIM first before worshiping HIM. People forget to reason of how Supernatural, how Mighty and how Powerful is the Al-Mighty God. The Creator of Heavens and Earth, The Overseer and Sustainer of all living things from micro-organisms to whale,.Alhamdu-Lillah! my religion has taught me a lot.

Just because you have an understanding does not mean everyone does. When people ask questions like this, they are trying to know so as to become better. As much as your religion has taught you enough our own Religion has taught us enough and has given us opportunity to improve by relating with each other and growing

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by habiolah(m): 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
charlsecy4: It is ALSO believed that is when witches and wizards gather for their meetings, so it is better to fight them fire-for-fire at that time.
This belief is funny, isn't it? Who cares when witches and wizards meet? And God ain't too busy to listen during the day too: Night prayer is beneficial majorly because you'll probably have a better concentration level (on God) than during the noisy hours of the day. Plus your willingness to discipline your flesh thereby empowering your spirit. But if you'll doze through the prayer or vigil, you better go to bed! While some people are dozing at the power-packed vigil going on in church, lucifer is dancing azonto on their bed at home.
Over and out!

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by studM(m): 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
@op,
Praying at nite is crucial for every true bliver,but dt doesn't mean ur prayers in d day is less effective compared 2 dt of d nite,so long as u pray a heart felt prayer(praying according 2 His will(WORD),but u must understnd dt d nite season is wen d wicked one goes abt sowing seeds of wickedness in d lives of dos who r asleep @ nite,besides,praying at nite helps strengthen ur inner man,nd it renders ur enemies helpless
As I typ ds,av made of my mind 2 stay awake 4 d nxt 21days nites 2 pray fervently
Remember:a prayerless xtian is a powerless xtian,THEREFORE,AWAKE!,THOU THAT SLEEPEST,ARISE FROM THE DEAD!AND CHRIST SHALL GIVE THEE LIGHT! wink
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Sanboy25: 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
I don't know. smiley
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by chinwe11: 9:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
The power of midnight prayers for the purification of the Bride of Christ into the Rapture,

The best hour and time for effective prayer is at MIDNIGHT.
If you offer deep, concentrated and unadulterated focused prayer, the powers of heaven shake and the demonic strongholds are broken mightily. The Bible is very clear about midnight prayer engagement and breakthrough. The midnight talks of darkness; absence of light and presence of blindness. It is for rest and unsuitable for labour. It is favorable to the purposes of wickedness, Wild beast seek their prey at night. Shepherds watch over their sheep at night. The midnight is a period of severe calamities. Darkness has binding powers, it limits activities. It has separating powers. That is when all that is evil and unworthy of light is let loose. Your best friend can harm you at night without your knowledge. Most witchcraft meetings meet at covens at night. Iniquities flourish in the dark. The spirit of a sleeping man is weak and harmless at night. Dream manipulators, night caterers, recruitment agents of darkness, terrible spirits are all active and wrought havoc at night. There are plenty of midnight deliverance cases in the Bible; prayers that are most effective are conducted between 12 am and 3am. you don’t have to pray from 12 midnight to 3.00 a.m. Even if it is only for 15 minutes or 30 minutes, or 45 minutes, it is ok. Don’t underestimate the power of midnight battles, it can desolate the camp of the enemy and obtain uncommon testimonies for you. The word of God prayed at midnight is the greatest force in the universe.

See evidences in the Bible here:

Matthew 26:37 He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled.
He was grief-stricken and disheartened. Overwhelmed by the load He was about to shoulder. Now Peter, James and John were taken for moral support. But It seems they didn't have a clue as to what was about to happen. They didn't know what was making Him so sorrowful. Often times you can even be married to somebody and you don't know the burdens they're facing. It's strange that the disciples had no clue that this was it. So, Jesus had to stand it all alone. Jesus was fully human and fully divine. His human heart was crushed. He longed for sympathy. Jesus needed to know His disciples were praying for Him, but notice Matthew 26:40,41: Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?" he asked Peter. "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

Psalm 119:62“At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.”

Acts 16:25: “And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.” You can provoke God with fearful praises at midnight like David and Paul. It is a time of release from every spiritual prison, when you utilize the mystery of midnight prayers, it would initiate the earthquake of deliverance that would set you free.

Job 4:20: “They are destroyed from morning to evening: they perish for ever without any regarding it.” The stronghold of the mighty can be destroyed at midnight.

Exodus 11:4:“And Moses said, Thus saith the LORD, About midnight will I go out into the midst of Egypt:”

Exodus 12:29: “And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.”You can utilize the midnight hour to break the back bone of the enemy.

Judges 16:3: “And Samson lay till midnight, and arose at midnight, and took the doors of the gate of the city, and the two posts, and went away with them, bar and all, and put them upon his shoulders, and carried them up to the top of an hill that is before Hebron.”You can follow the example of Samson to uproot the gate of the enemy at midnight.

Ruth 3:8: “And it came to pass at midnight, that the man was afraid, and turned himself: and, behold, a woman lay at his feet.”If you want to speedily find your godly spouse, either wife or husband you can follow the example of Ruth by praying at midnight.

Matthew 25:6: “And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.”

Luke 11:5: “And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; ”Midnight hour is the time to Ask, Seek and Knock the doors. Your petition at this hour makes things begin to happen for you. That hour is a weak period for the children of the bond woman.

1 Kings 3:20: “And she arose at midnight, and took my son from beside me, while thine handmaid slept, and laid it in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom” The midnight hour is the best time to catch the thief that came to steal. Kill and destroy, while men slept.

2 Kings 6:13-14: “And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is in Dothan. Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.”

Whoever wants to conquer and have victory MUST BE AGGRESSIVE FOR SINCE THE TIMES OF JOHN THE BAPTIST, THE KINGDOM OF GOD SUFFERS VIOLENCE AND ONLY THE VIOLANT TAKETH BY FORCE. (Mat. 11:12)

6 Likes

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by plaetton: 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
Nonsense. Midnight prayer is just superstition on turbo.
To believe such nonsense would directly imply the god is not as omnipresent as we are made to believe, and that it is possible to somehow trick and swindle god into granting our silly and.most times selfish needs.

If midnight prayer somehow gives one better odds of winning the prayer lottery, them all should play the prayer lottery at only on midnights.
Simple.
It amazes and amuses me on how religious people, build cascades of superstition one on top of the other.
Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ok so i asked a question about what Jesus said about midnight prayers being more effective. You decided to answer me. Thanks.

Johnchike:
[b] Matthew 25:6: “It was already midnight when the cry rang out, 'Here is the bridegroom! Come and meet Him!"
This was a parable. Jesus didnt say that prayers were answered by midnight in this parable.

Matthew 26:36-45: "Jesus said to them, the sorrow in my heart is so great that it almost crushes me. Stay here and keep watch with me.............Then He returned to the three disciples and found them asleep: and He said to Peter, "How is it that you three were not able to keep watch with me even for one hour? Keep watch and pray that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"........once more Jesus went away and prayed......He returned once more and found the disciples asleep; they could not keep their eyes open.......Again, Jesus left them, went away, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. Then He returned to the disciples and said, "Are you still sleeping and resting?"
Jesus was going to be cricified at dawn. He prayed all night prior to the crucifixion. That was the only time he had. Moreover God his father never answered the prayers he prayed for th cup to be taken from him.

Mark 1:35- "Very early the next morning, long before daylight, Jesus got up and left the house. He went out of the town to a lonely place, where He prayed".
Very early in the morning. Not midnight.

Luke 5:16 "But Jesus would go away to lonely places where He prayed".

Luke 18:1- "Then Jesus told His disciples a parable to teach them that they should always pray and never become discouraged"

Luke 18:7 "Now, will God not judge in favour of His own people who cry to him day and NIGHT for help? Will He be slow to help the? I tell you, He will judge in their favour and do it quickly"

Night and day. This means continuously. Still nothing about midnight prayers cry cry

Luke 11:5: “And he said unto them, Which of you
shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at
midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three
loaves;”
Jesus was talking about a parable and this particular parable was not even related to prayer and not even in the remotest way.

Midnight hour is the time to Ask, Seek and
Knock them doors. Your petition at this hour makes
things begin to happen for you. That hour is a weak
period for the children of the bond woman. [/b]

Ok you just concluded this by yourself eh? Very good for the conclusion. That is what you christians see your pastors do, hence you follow suit. Smdh. sad

You didnt answer my question though

Now let me boast a bit: please do not try to teach me what is not in yhe bible. You will fail woefully.

I grew up in a house that ate, slept and breathed the bible. I have finished my bible cover to cover several times. Presently, my dad is a Zonal pastor in RCCG and he is in charge of an entire RCCG province bible college. This means that he teaches your RCCG pastors the bible.

I left RCCG some years ago and decided to stop following religion. I am glad i left that church cheesy

Nevertheless, you know a bit of my history. So please if you wanna argue bible with me, know your onions. grin

That said, please try again cheesy
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by jjman2322: 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
hmm what about time difference? lol

midnight in nigeria is like 7pm in NYC..

so that means god checks the local time where you are before answering your prayer...

religion is funny smiley.. if God is so great why can't he just destroy the devil OR protect us from "EVIL SPIRITS/WITCHES"

why do you have to beg your "PROTECTOR AND CREATOR" to protect you by praying to him.. seems kinda selfish..

My kids/pets won't have to beg me to keep them away from harm, i'll do that naturally, because that's what you do when you love someone smiley

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by TheHeavens: 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
My kids/pets won't have to beg me to keep them away from harm, i'll do that naturally, because that's what you do when you love someone smiley

[/quote]

Isaiah 59: 1-2 says Listen! The Lord's arm is not too weak to save you nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call. It is your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins he has turned away and would not listen anymore. Hey what can i tell you here; the bible says it all. it is the sin of man that keeps God away from him. For God can never tolerate sin. Amen.

By the way your argument does not hold water. lets take your kids for an example. Are there no times when your kids after your warning them to stay our from trouble, they still enter that trouble you warned them of and tried to protect them from. Yes ofcourse. Now who is the wrongdoer, Is it you the person that warned them or the protector or the child who is adamant on entering that sin.
I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Mamacita007(f): 9:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
Midnight prayer is not for weak Christians. its for warfare prayers against demonic powers of the night. if ure not strong dont bother looking for trouble becos ure stopping wicked operations in the kingdom of darkness. this isnt the kind of prayer for you to go back to your sinful life

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by cold(m): 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hmm..night prayers are important o!Because that's when the demons prowl the earth.
When it strikes midnight...darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize your whole neighborhood
And whosoever shall be found
Without the soul for getting down
Must stand and face the hounds of hell and rot inside a corpse shell
The foulest stench is in the air
The funk of forty thousand years
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb
Are closing in to seal your doom
And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the Devil.
Hahahahahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by dayotheone(m): 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
mid-night is a special time , a time where there is more focus and less distraction, a time when light surpose to shine the more because of darkness, a sacrifies as rather to God that u are ready use me,..............why cant u ask the witch why they gather at night because i think night is so special to them also , maybe u will seek ans u look for
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by jjman2322: 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2013
The Heavens: My kids/pets won't have to beg me to keep them away from harm, i'll do that naturally, because that's what you do when you love someone smiley

Isaiah 59: 1-2 says Listen! The Lord's arm is not too weak to save you nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call. It is your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins he has turned away and would not listen anymore. Hey what can i tell you here; the bible says it all. it is the sin of man that keeps God away from him. For God can never tolerate sin. Amen.

By the way your argument does not hold water. lets take your kids for an example. Are there no times when your kids after your warning them to stay our from trouble, they still enter that trouble you warned them of and tried to protect them from. Yes ofcourse. Now who is the wrongdoer, Is it you the person that warned them or the protector or the child who is adamant on entering that sin.
I rest my case

LOL its completely flawed logic.. Yes my kids could still enter trouble, BUT I WOULD KEEP PROTECTING THEM WITHOUT REQUIRING THEM TO PRAY TO ME AND WORSHIP ME.. THEY WOULDNT HAVE TO STAY UP AT MIDNIGHT TO BEG ME TO KEEP THEM SAFE FROM "EVIL".. Also, if i had the POWER, i would just banish every possible bad thing that could happen to them... PROBLEM SOLVED.. .

stop trying to turn oranges into apples... its pretty straight forward.. midnight prayer is complete BS, besides like i said, midnight is different in EVERY COUNTRY... some countries are 12hrs behind nigeria time zone... anyway enjoy God and your religion... I dont want to get into a religion argument.. goodluck

You know, I wonder how come all these witches, ritualists, mami waters, ghosts, etc, are only in Nigeria..

Why is the average american citizen not being bothered by these so called witches and ritualists. I spent last 15 years in USA and none of my friends/family/anyone ever had a story of running into a witch or a goat turning into money... Nigeria is one of most prayerful countries, yet we apparently have more "EVIL" than other countries grin so its either we are superstitious gullible idiots, or the witches just like the Nigerian weather...

4 Likes

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by uchdollar111: 10:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
God is omnipotent, omniscient and timeless, no matter when you pray, he will answer. Are you bored? visit www.nairaquest.com
to play the online version of who wants to
be a millionaire, it is fun, entertaining and
educative what are you waiting for, visit
www.nairaquest.com now and start playing it is 100% free!
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by plaetton: 10:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
Mamacita007: Midnight prayer is not for weak Christians. its for warfare prayers against demonic powers of the night. if ure not strong dont bother looking for trouble becos ure stopping wicked operations in the kingdom of darkness. this isnt the kind of prayer that after praying all night, you will go back to your sinful life. u go hear am ooo!!

If there is a kingdom of darkness, what exactly is your business with waging your socalled war on them?
Didn't Jesus die to save from the trouble?
And why isn't god, with his army of angels not waging and and not having defeated this demonic kingdom thus far?

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by jjman2322: 10:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
plaetton:

If there is a kingdom of darkness, what exactly is your business with waging your socalled war on them?
Didn't Jesus die to save from the trouble?
And why isn't god, with his army of angels not waging and and not having defeated this demonic kingdom thus far?

lol my thoughts exactly too! religious nuts are fun to argue with grin
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by oluwacjay: 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
elnath: You Christians are really pathetic in your reasoning. So praying at night and depriving yourself of sleep really makes God accord you special treatment above others? God, then, must be partial and not keeping to His words. For it is supposedly His words that 'I will have mercy upon whom I will have mercy'. It seems to me, therefore, that the intensity, frequency or time of prayer is virtually immaterial to God, who has a masterplan for each of our lives. Remember, worshipping God entails total surrender, completely giving up to His will. The best way to surrender is not to demand, not to ask, but to submit, trust and hope that whatever God course of action God chooses for your life is OK.

Hmm, u tried 2u make sense, but u failed.by ur comments,n u're not a xtain or a muslim.u're a demon*n tryin 2 lure Gods pple away 4rm d truth worse of all usin Gods name so u can seem pious. 2corinth 11:14 talks abt u...

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by searay(m): 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
Prayer and fasting for 40days and night without FAITH = dead
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by elnath(m): 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
jjman2322:

LOL its completely flawed logic.. Yes my kids could still enter trouble, BUT I WOULD KEEP PROTECTING THEM WITHOUT REQUIRING THEM TO PRAY TO ME AND WORSHIP ME.. THEY WOULDNT HAVE TO STAY UP AT MIDNIGHT TO BEG ME TO KEEP THEM SAFE FROM "EVIL".. Also, if i had the POWER, i would just banish every possible bad thing that could happen to them... PROBLEM SOLVED.. .

stop trying to turn oranges into apples... its pretty straight forward.. midnight prayer is complete BS, besides like i said, midnight is different in EVERY COUNTRY... some countries are 12hrs behind nigeria time zone... anyway enjoy God and your religion... I dont want to get into a religion argument.. goodluck

You know, I wonder how come all these witches, ritualists, mami waters, ghosts, etc, are only in Nigeria..

Why is the average american citizen not being bothered by these so called witches and ritualists. I spent last 15 years in USA and none of my friends/family/anyone ever had a story of running into a witch or a goat turning into money... Nigeria is one of most prayerful countries, yet we apparently have more "EVIL" than other countries grin so its either we are superstitious gullible idiots, or the witches just like the Nigerian weather...

Good to have reasonable Nigerians on this forum. I find it funny that despite science and modern civilization, we still believe in crap. What character has the night that 'demons', 'witches' and 'wizards' would be so emboldened to operate therein while avoiding operating during the day? What makes you think that saying OUT! DIE BY FIRE! a million times would derail forces that are supposedly more powerful than you and with almost equal powers as your purported god? I am really sleepy. Let me not dwell on mundane issues.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Sike(m): 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
I just know i can't do it.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by lacicrips(m): 10:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
If you want to get quick answers from God, Midnight prayers & praises are your best bet.

Source: personal experience.

Oh, and add fasting to it for an even quicker response.

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by elnath(m): 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
papi365: U RE JUST CONFUSING URSELF. MTCHEEW

Typical fanatical Christian. Why not make a point to correct me if I'm wrong instead of making a useless comment? Keep being gullible and placing your destiny in another man's hands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? / Margaret Idahosa Cries, Visits Archbishop Idahosa's Mausoleum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.