Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? (62389 Views)

27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman-day Three-31 Dec / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Dbeliever(m): 11:36am On Aug 12, 2013
The christ founded church (CATHOLIC CHURCH) believe that prayers are mostly answered by our creator when offered at the divine hour 3:00 o.clock. The church derives credence from the scripture text which indicates that Jesus christ died the third hour and thus the mercy of God was activated on humanity. The catholic church refers to 3:00pm as the hour of divine mercy with its attendant prayers. If this particular time should be at night i think it should be as a result of difference in time zone and should not be in Africa.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by plaetton: 11:47am On Aug 12, 2013
jude d writer:

if only u knew d evil planned against u by d kingdom of darkness, u wouldn't have made such a statement. D best time to war against d plans of d wicked is at midnight. Jesus died 2 give us victory over all the plans of d wicked!
M.o.Ron, the question has been asked before,why does your devil only have a special fondness for molesting black African Christians?
Didn't Jesus die to save you from the so called devil?
And why hasn't god and his army been able to defeat this troublesome devil?
Why haven't your prayers and those of a billion Christians been able to defeat the devil?
And lastly, why is the devil scared of atheists?
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by macjireh: 12:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
laplace19: . I have seen my type..thumbs up.If God could give much ear to those that are into mid-night prayers than those that do normal day prayers then He must be partial. My God is not a partial God.I detest this fallacy by some people that God hearkens to mid-night prayers than normal day prayers,abeg

out of IGNORANCE u&ur type commented_in d spiritual realm,there is Justice,whoeva pays mor sacrifice gets his due,its not alwaz abt God,its abt how much is ur sacrifice
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by plaetton: 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
dhoy: If you're spiritually inclined and not dead in spirit you'll understand what it means to pray at night for all those that don't understand and believe in this.Why do witches and wizards operates at night?ponder on this.
Have you seen these witches and wizards operating at night, or do you take that on blind faith too?
So your religion is not just about skydaddy and his Jesus, but also comes with faith in witches and wizards too.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Rexyl(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
The Bible says “pray without ceasing“ meaning all times are important to seek God for our petitions. It depends on individuals to select the best time for this. Some Christians already know that the best time is when demands on their time are minimal to have personal encounter with God. God is Spirit, He can manifest Himself or show His presence at any time. Receiving revelations and coming down of His power and presence are not time bound. These are possible at any time depending on the state of preparedness to receive from God. Isaiah 55:6 “Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near“. It is left to you to discover the right place and time bearing in mind what occupies your mind in the fellowship. Many of us believe that the right time is early in the morning. Jesus our Saviour and the example we follow showed that the best time to seek God is early in the morning. Mid night prayer is just a means to avoid all distractions, ensuring that nothing else is place on the mind order than matters brought to God. In other words mid night prayers offer opportunity for weak believers to get the lifting up with those who are stronger in spirit to overcome their weaknesses while concentrating on matters needing divine solutions.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by plaetton: 12:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
krispycash: night or day God Almighty, hears it all. People prefer midnight prayers for certain reasons, less distractions being the number one reason, makes it easier to focus and listen to your inner spirit as that is the being God talks to. Also, spiritual activity is higher and the early hours of the day...usually between 12 midnight and 3 am are considered to be the peak of spiritual activities as they tend to mark the first hours of a new day/ beginning... that does not mean that daytime prayers are not as effective.
Try praying without your clothes anything from 12 midnight. Worship then pray.

Sorry, but how can you contradict yourself in one post?
If midnight prayer while n.aked is preferred by god to listen to your protests(what you call prayers), it logically implies that daytime prayers are ineffective.
Secondly, all this na.ked midnight mumbo jumbo, how are they different from Juju and other pagan rituals ?

Do see that Christianity and other religions are nothing but Juju on turbo drive for the juju addicts of primitive societies.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by plaetton: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2013
Moralistli: The best thermometer of your spiritual temperature is the intensity of your prayer.
.... Persistent prayer is a liberating force.
Those that have encountered, battled and overcome spiritual challenges surely know the importance of MIDNIGHT PRAYERS.

Likewise, the intensity of your prayers can be an early reliable indicator of the onset of mental illnesses or some other forms of psychological disorders.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by modele2: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
Dbeliever: The christ founded church (CATHOLIC CHURCH) believe that prayers are mostly answered by our creator when offered at the divine hour 3:00 o.clock. The church derives credence from the scripture text which indicates that Jesus christ died the third hour and thus the mercy of God was activated on humanity. The catholic church refers to 3:00pm as the hour of divine mercy with its attendant prayers. If this particular time should be at night i think it should be as a result of difference in time zone and should not be in Africa.

The divine mercy prayer is just one of the numerous prayers said by catholics. I have never heard of it being the most effective time for all prayers in general. It only applies to that particular devotion for that particular reason. But i could be wrong.

plaetton:
M.o.Ron, the question has been asked before,why does your devil only have a special fondness for molesting black African Christians?
Didn't Jesus die to save you from the so called devil?
And why hasn't god and his army been able to defeat this troublesome devil?
Why haven't your prayers and those of a billion Christians been able to defeat the devil?
And lastly, why is the devil scared of atheists?
[quote author=Dbeliever]

I think the belief in withches & demons are directly related to the degree of civilization. Becos the old church used to burn witches at the stake and the likes. I am not saying witches and demons are not there o, infact they live and operate within us and it would be foolish not to acknoledge that they exist. But the oyibos have learnt to use science to explain some things while in our own case when we cant explain most things....we blame it on the demons. smiley Besides they still have witches(though now its sounds fashionable to them), seyances and psychics ..My take
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by FelcoCom: 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
Na wa o...i pray dat God should open our inner eyes to see wats happenin the spiritual realm
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
plaetton:

Sorry, but how can you contradict yourself in one post?
If midnight prayer while n.aked is preferred by god to listen to your protests(what you call prayers), it logically implies that daytime prayers are ineffective.
Secondly, all this na.ked midnight mumbo jumbo, how are they different from Juju and other pagan rituals ?

Do see that Christianity and other religions are nothing but Juju on turbo drive for the juju addicts of primitive societies.
I never said anything about God's preference.... pls dont get me wrong.... people prefer to pray at night for personal reasons, like ability to focus .... but daytime prayers r equally as effective... its all based on personal preference.... plaetton pls dont quote me wrongly...
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
Sadly many fail to believe. The greatest trick of the devil is to make people believe there is no heaven or hell....
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by micfoley: 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
My brother, many thanks for raising this very important topic. I am also very happy with the very enlightening responses cos it is obvious most people are speaking from personal experiences. What I would like to add is that night time is a great time to HEAR FROM GOD! As a teenager I attended a night vigil some mths after writing UME. We prayed, sang praises and shared bible verses. At abt 3a.m. a number of us were sleepy. The priest suddenly came out and woke everyone up saying this was the time we needed to pray the most. He urged us to specifically ask for what we wanted at that moment. I asked GOD for admission into university. I got a clear revelation that I wld get admission , but not in the school I was hoping, becos God had a better plan for me. I didn't fully grasp the revelation then. All my efforts in terms of meeting people who could help went into my University of first choice. Few mths later I got my admission letter to read my chosen course at my 2nd choice university.
I will be grateful to God all my life for this miracle.
Since then I have had many similar experiences when praying at night. I encourage everyone to take time out to pray at night/ early morning hours so as to LISTEN to GOD.

1 Like

Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Donald80(m): 12:31am On Aug 13, 2013
SO MUCH 2 GAIN....During dis period.....D Heavens r open for handover by sharing of gifts......Demons operate 2 steal away dose gifts because dey only come at large dis period as dey do nt hv blood in dem jst like d vampire movies....U connect HEAVEN faster during dis period....u distract d Demons 2 frm dere plans.....dats why many ppl do hv attacts during or after prayers witin dis period....Dere is much 2 gain frm midnite prayers.....PLS GV IT A TRIAL!
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by faraday77(m): 6:47am On Aug 13, 2013
the reason why mid night prayer is the best option is that the best form of defence is attack. the dont allow the enemy to bring the ball to ur camp before trying defend against is activities. so you stop them at the very hour. that is y it called watchnight. the activity of the enemy is describe in the bible like a thief in the night. just as u employ security guards to watch over you at night. you watch over your spirit also at night. it is a game of watchmen.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by xtayle(m): 7:54am On Aug 13, 2013
pDude:

Ok since na you read bible pass me, tell me what JESUS said about midnight prayers.

Mind you, quote only JESUS and not the Jewish teachings please. I am not a Jew, therefore I do not subscribe to Jewish religious practices.

Read Luke 18:7- Jesus was saying God is committed to respond to those that pray both by night and by day. You must pray both night and day to attract heaven's attention.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 13, 2013
tellwisdom: Bro, i will advice you make your prayers often at night because the forces of darkness are always operating during that hours. I've actually rendered thousands of them futile with this. sad
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 13, 2013
xtayle:

Read Luke 18:7- Jesus was saying God is committed to respond to those that pray both by night and by day. You must pray both night and day to attract heaven's attention.

Yes I agree with this. But my question is on special preference for midnight prayers.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by VULCAN(m): 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
This has to be one of the best responses to OP"s enquiry. Quoting copious scriptures alone is not enough. Jesus taught more in stories and analogies than he did quoting the old testament.

And for those of you arguing with Anti-Christ's. Ur on a looong tin. The Good News is not spread by arguments. Some people have vested interest in not accepting Christianity and It has little to do with the lack of logic. The same people that try to sound all logical cannot explain why Love is not logical. Neither can they explain why Fear is not logical. Or is there anything logical in a 38 year old female CEO of a million dollar business who commands an organisation of perhaps 200 people screaming at the sight of a little spider that lands on her hand?

Any one who has studied quantum mechanics knows that logic alone is over rated in explaining life. There is nothing "logical" about the behaviour of sub-atomic particles.

mic foley: My brother, many thanks for raising this very important topic. I am also very happy with the very enlightening responses cos it is obvious most people are speaking from personal experiences. What I would like to add is that night time is a great time to HEAR FROM GOD! As a teenager I attended a night vigil some mths after writing UME. We prayed, sang praises and shared bible verses. At abt 3a.m. a number of us were sleepy. The priest suddenly came out and woke everyone up saying this was the time we needed to pray the most. He urged us to specifically ask for what we wanted at that moment. I asked GOD for admission into university. I got a clear revelation that I wld get admission , but not in the school I was hoping, becos God had a better plan for me. I didn't fully grasp the revelation then. All my efforts in terms of meeting people who could help went into my University of first choice. Few mths later I got my admission letter to read my chosen course at my 2nd choice university.
I will be grateful to God all my life for this miracle.
Since then I have had many similar experiences when praying at night. I encourage everyone to take time out to pray at night/ early morning hours so as to LISTEN to GOD.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by plaetton: 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
krispycash: Sadly many fail to believe. The greatest trick of the devil is to make people believe there is no heaven or hell....

If you were the devil, what would you see as a more effective way to trick people, through blind faith religion or through empirical science?
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by FelcoCom: 6:55am On Aug 14, 2013
@plaetton,abi o....people r deceivd especialy wit empirical science
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by toygod2: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2013
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by holypower(m): 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
"Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning: Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping. " (Mark 13:35-36).
"And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God." (Luke 6:12).
JESUS mostly pray at mid nights
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Kunbee: 1:46am On Sep 20, 2013
Mannylex:

Pdude, E tay no be small, been very busy... I never see pweety and kunbee since oh... All my nairaland pals don miss finish. Hope say you never go Adamawa Again? wink

Mannylex and pdude, how far nao? Pdude u don give your wife belle?
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Nobody: 3:45am On Sep 20, 2013
Kunbee:

Mannylex and pdude, how far nao? Pdude u don give your wife belle?

My dear sista, she don born the belle sef cheesy

Na December last year na hin she offload one pretty baby girl cheesy
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by Kunbee: 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
pDude:

My dear sista, she don born the belle sef cheesy

Na December last year na hin she offload one pretty baby girl cheesy

Aww congrats, so happy for you

The child will be a blessing to us all o
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by 2chymex: 8:44am On Nov 17, 2015
pDude:
No.

God is not a religious God that attaches special favors to night prayers.

Stop letting you pastor syke you that God places special preference upon midnight prayers.

God is not a winch that is extra-active at midnight grin

BTW, I wanna ask, God dwells in heaven right? So heaven experiences midnight, evening, morning and weekends too grin. So heaven also has 24hr clock where they sleep at night, wake in the morning, and chill on weekends? grin

Pathetic Christians cheesy
Brother pdude, I admire your comment. However, I think you should understand that anything you don't know so much about, you are in no position expected to denigrate it.
Re: Are There Additional Benefits Attached To Midnight Prayer? by oaroloye(m): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2016
SHALOM!

The Principles of Prayer are not well-understood, therefore Novice Christian Charlatans merely EMULATE what worked for other people.

When you (I am maybe oversimplifying?) concentrate for over two hours, your BRAIN'S NeuroChemical reserves get depleted, so that the CARNAL MIND "CAVES IN."

This also reduces people to a suggestible state, enabling crooked Pastors to BRAINWASH them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Skeleton Found In A Pastor's House In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? / Margaret Idahosa Cries, Visits Archbishop Idahosa's Mausoleum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.