Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss (21009 Views)

Governor Wike Appointed Ex-millitant Leader...egberi Papa As Asari-toro Lga Boss / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market. / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by lagcity(m): 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
nwando: If a people can use 20 Awolowo pounds to rise up to be a force in the midst of their enemies,they ought to be feared
How can life be halted 3 solid years and the people are now leading in most parameters
So somehow I understand their fear
Una never see anything yet
Na rope remain

So you believe that 20 pounds nonsense your grandfather told you? Awo brought you ppl back to life, he bailed out the dying ACB which was the major lender to Igbo businessmen and traders. No ACB, no Igbo business, comprende?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by dayokanu(m): 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
nwando: This is coming from a man who ran from the glory lands of Ibadan to houston Texas
You are all sick in the head
You expect Americans to treat you as equals yet you display such innate hatred towards others
The real problems with Nigeria
You are the most evil,most hateful,most ugly group in the whole of Nigeria
That is a fact
Your hearts are just as ugly as the scars on your faces

Dont get your thongs in a twist madam

I ran from Iadan to Houston because America is more prosperous than Ibadan. Do you also admit that Yorubaland is more prosperous than Iboland?

I came to America and obey their laws to the letter. Any custom of their land I dont flout Just what I expect from Ibos who come to Yorubaland.

I wont block the road for parties nor would I bring goat and slaughter in public glare in Houston like we do in Ibadan because I acknowledge the rules and custom of America and respect it. The moment I flout their laws they reserve the right to fling me back to where I come from.

Most evil most Ugly most whatever. You wouldnt be Ibo if you didnt put in some emotions Its ok for women to be emotional so I dont really blame you. Its the wrapper tying male and female voiced AdaObis who fill Iboland that I blame.

How else do we explain it that its Ibo women who are seen in academia e.g Okonjo, Dora, Ezekwesili while their men are tying wrappers selling in market and gossiping around. Shouldnt it be reverse?

[size=16pt]
So in conclusion tell your brothers to submit to the laws of the land or ship themselves back to Alaibo[/size]

10 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by 2mch(m): 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

I ran from Iadan to Houston because America is more prosperous than Ibadan. Do you also admit that Yorubaland is more prosperous than Iboland?

I came to America and obey their laws to the letter. Any custom of their land I dont flout Just what I expect from Ibos who come to Yorubaland.

I wont block the road for parties nor would I bring goat and slaughter in public glare in Houston like we do in Ibadan because I acknowledge the rules and custom of America and respect it. The moment I flout their laws they reserve the right to fling me back to where I come from.

Most evil most Ugly most whatever. You wouldnt be Ibo if you didnt put in some emotions Its ok for women to be emotional so I dont really blame you. Its the wrapper tying male and female voiced AdaObis who fill Iboland that I blame.

How else do we explain it that its Ibo women who are seen in academia e.g Okonjo, Dora, Ezekwesili while their men are tying wrappers selling in market and gossiping around. Shouldnt it be reverse?

So in nconclusion tell your brothers to sumit to the laws of the land or ship themselves back to Alaibo

I dont know where story has entered such a simple matter. If you cant cope or the hate is too much, ship yourself back to Alaigbo. Or ask Fashola for a free trip if you are too broke.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
nwando:

This is coming from a man who ran from the glory lands of Ibadan to houston Texas
You are all sick in the head
You expect Americans to treat you as equals yet you display such innate hatred towards others
The real problems with Nigeria
You are the most evil,most hateful,most ugly group in the whole of Nigeria
That is a fact
Your hearts are just as ugly as the scars on your faces

Tell me a single place on this planet where you have a large concentration of Ibos and they are welcomed with open arms and I will tell you 50 places where the locals consider them as vermins.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

Tell me a single place on this planet where you have a large concentration of Ibos and they are welcomed with open arms and I will tell you 50 places where the locals consider them as vermins.

Is it South Africa where Ibos are used to target practice?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

Is it Borno where Ibos, Yorubas, etc are used as target practice?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
2mch: Lmfao. Those who can't pay rent must be evicted out of the market to make space for those who can. And who says paramo doesn't belong to the Oba or royal house in mushin ? Babaoloja come and take your rightful place
. Hatred, envy, jealousy and igbophobia go give u heart attack someday. Why not allow these traders do their biz in peace. I wonder why anything igbo arouse this hatred from the yorubas. The yorubas i have met in life are quite nice so i won't want to judge a whole tribe by the rantings of a few people on nairaland forum. Peace to all the peace loving yorubas.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

China, Malaysia, America?

Please where?

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
Zenimart: .[s] Hatred, envy, jealousy and igbophobia go give u heart attack someday. Why not allow these traders do their biz in peace. I wonder why anything igbo arouse this hatred from the yorubas. The yorubas i have met in life are quite nice so i won't want to judge a whole tribe by the rantings of a few people on nairaland forum. Peace to all the peace loving yorubas.[/s]

And you think Yorubaphobia will sustain your peace? grin
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
[size=18pt]When will Yorubas realize that Ibos unnecessarily fear them? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
obitwo:

[b]Very funny about FirstBank which is Yoruba owned and controlled. Ownership has little to do with the management team. Are you a learner? Talk about GTBank then. The only wholly Igbo bank is Fidelity and it is inconsequential in the industry. Even Zenith Bank has heavy Yoruba interests. It's when statistics don't favor you that you will say trash. Here's more for you on Lagos:

Seven different sectors dominate economic activities in Lagos State, led by manufacturing which, interestingly, contributes 29.60 percent of the state’s GDP figures. Road transport follows closely contributing an average of 26.47 percent of economic activities in the state.

Other sectors in order of dominance include building and construction (19.60 percent); wholesale and retail (8.39 percent); telecommunications (3.71 percent); financial institutions (3.51 percent); and real estate (2.01 percent).

The seven sectors account for 93.39 percent of economic activities in the state.

Apart from wholesale and retail which I believe Yorubas control up to 50% of, none of the other sectors listed is controlled by any other tribe apart from the Yorubas
[/b]

Stop being silly. You cannot be on the board and management team if you do not have a stake in any company. Now go and remove all the non-Yorubas on the list and come back and compare FBN with other banks. It will be equal to WEMA.

UBA
Zenith
Diamond
Fidelity
Union Bank
Access Bank
Igbos have either highest or second highest stake
First Bank: Igbos have quite high stake too.

You are a non starter. List all the companies in Lagos (big and small), all the retail and wholesale businesses, all the transport businesses, all the entertainment businesses, all the hotels, and their owners. List every single entity that pays taxes and levies and other fees to Lagos, so we know who owns what and what each brings to the Table, do all the additions and subtractions, and see what's left that belongs to Yoruba. Until you do that, you are a non starter.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Midastouch1: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa:

Exactly, they are every where- China, Indonesia, Malaysia, SA, even Iraq and Afghanistan ( I am not joking, I have a Igbo friend with uncles in Afghanistan) The funny thing is they have a bad reputation everywhere they go

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by 2mch(m): 5:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
Zenimart: . Hatred, envy, jealousy and igbophobia go give u heart attack someday. Why not allow these traders do their biz in peace. I wonder why anything igbo arouse this hatred from the yorubas. The yorubas i have met in life are quite nice so i won't want to judge a whole tribe by the rantings of a few people on nairaland forum. Peace to all the peace loving yorubas.

Why Because you are trying to deny babaoloja his right? Are you not the one having heart attack Baboloja, carry your chair for middle of market make dem shine your shoe. If we hear pim...

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Midastouch1: 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

Stop being silly. You cannot be on the board and management team if you do not have a stake in any company. Now go and remove all the non-Yorubas on the list and come back and compare FBN with other banks. It will be equal to WEMA.

UBA
Zenith
Diamond
Fidelity
Union Bank
Access Bank
Igbos have either highest or second highest stake
First Bank: Igbos have quite high stake too.

You are a non starter. List all the companies in Lagos (big and small), all the retail and wholesale businesses, all the transport businesses, all the entertainment business, all the hotels, and their owners, so we know what each brings to the Table, do all the additions and substractions, and see what's left that belongs to Yoruba. Until you do that, you are a non starter.

How does this affect the fact that Igbos traders in LADIPO MARKET have to submit to the authority of the new BABA OLOJA the representative of KABIYESI ALAYELUWA THE OBA OF LAGOS?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2013
Midastouch1:

How does this affect the fact that Igbos traders in LADIPO MARKET have to submit to the authority of the new BABA OLOJA the representative of KABIYESI ALAYELUWA THE OBA OF LAGOS?

I am not concerned with Ladipo. That is just a tiny fraction of what is at stake in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Midastouch1: 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

I am not concerned with Ladipo. That is just a tiny fraction of what is at stake in Lagos.

Thats a good start. Do you agree Lagos is 100% Yorubaland?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
Midastouch1:

Thats a good start. Do you agree Lagos is 100% Yorubaland?

In what ways? In the constitution of its population, its economy or its nativity? Define what you mean. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Midastouch1: 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

In what ways, in the constitution of its population, its economy or its nativity? Define what you mean. Thanks

Mr Igbogbo, do not attempt to speak English you don't understand - lol@ nativity. Anyways Do you agree that the Lagos state government has sovereignty over the state and can make decisions on behalf of the citizens that should be obeyed by all indigenes and immigrant residents?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by logica(m): 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
Godman_n:
When Lagos become unbearable, Yorubas will pay transport to come to Onitsha and PH to purchase thier goods.

LMAO. Are the Igbo traders that indisposable? Dem do jazz? You mean they cannot be replaced? What does it take to set up a kiosk and stock with goods?
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
Midastouch1:

Mr Igbogbo, do not attempt to speak English you don't understand - lol@ nativity. Anyways Do you agree that the Lagos state government has sovereignty over the state and can make decisions on behalf of the citizens that should be obeyed by all indigenes and immigrant residents?

Now you see how difficult it is to prove who owns Lagos without defining what you mean?

Let me help you:

ACN Lagos recently said Igbos in Lagos are 45% of the population
Ngige (ACN Anambra) yesterday said Igbos are 25 % of Lagos population
We do not have a true census of Lagos showing the different ethnicities. However I believe the true answer lies in between those two figures

If Igbos are at the least 25% of Lagos, then Hausa/Fulani is what?, Edo Delta and Calabar and Rivers are what? Middle belters are what? Foreigners are what? Do the math in your brain and tell me what is left.

On Economy, list all the companies and bussineses (big and small) and subtract the Yoruba ones.
On nativity you would have to ask the Aworis and the Badagrians on who truly owns Lagos. However, on face value and not to prolong a needless argument, we all can assume that Lagos is a native Yorubaland.

And yes, Lagos govt has a right to make decisions, but the residents (Yoruba and non-Yoruba) also have a right to criticize such decisions if they need to.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Cypost: 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
oyb: same reason why people don't like renting to ibos and this goes for ibos as well
Hmmm r u sure. Na dem dey pay rent without abeg.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
Midastouch1:

One thing I forgot to add: traditional institutions are not recognized by the Nigerian constitution.Therefore residents of Lagos (and other cities in Nigeria) are not beholden to the traditional stools but to the elected govts. If anybody wants to worship the Oba, Igwe, Emir etc, it is up to them. But those who do not wish to do so have not committed any crime.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Koffiman: 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
Aigbofa: Isn't there any clause in their agreement about defaults? They claim to make billions everyday and they can't pay their rents?
And they have the effrontery to challenge the appointment of a babaloja!
This must be a joke.

u mean u are so dumb and bigotted that u did not comprehend this small news article. Ok! Let me educate u bigot. The Mushin LG chairman frowned at the inability of Paramo investment to remit the money accrued to council for yrs and not the traders. The traders do pay their tax and rent but Paramo do not pay to the council.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by 1oracle(m): 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
lagcity:

So you believe that 20 pounds nonsense your grandfather told you? Awo brought you ppl back to life, he bailed out the dying ACB which was the major lender to Igbo businessmen and traders. No ACB, no Igbo business, comprende?
Your bigotry is not hidden at all, even awolowo when he was alive agreed that he paid the GREAT IGBOS 20 pounds after the war.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
Koffiman:

u mean u are so dumb and bigotted that u did not comprehend this small news article. Ok! Let me educate u bigot. The Mushin LG chairman frowned at the inability of Paramo investment to remit the money accrued to council for yrs and not the traders. The traders do pay their tax and rent but Paramo do not pay to the council.

Of course the traders pay their rents otherwise they would have been kicked out by the developer. However,the developer takes the money and fails to remit it to the govt.

So a Yoruba lagosian (the developer) is the one causing trouble here.

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
obitwo:

To start with Ogun generates N4bn monthly. Anambra doesn't generate a third of that in IGR. The GDP of Oyo is higher than that of any state in the SE. The same Oyo State's landmass is as large as all the SE states combined. Deal with it. Come with your buses, drain your states of its manpower and impoverish your states. You will leave with little or nothing when the time comes

Absolute Behind
The same nigerian stats tell us the cities with the greatest cash flow and Lagos the commercial center of Nigeria not by virtue of it's yorubaness is the only " Yoruba city"mentioned byw
The rest are aba ,port harcourt court and Onitsha
That speaks volumes

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by igbobuigbo: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
nwando:

Absolute Behind
The same nigerian stats tell us the cities with the greatest cash flow and Lagos the commercial center of Nigeria nt by virtue of it's yorubaness is the only " Yoruba city"mentioned
The rest are aba ,port harcourt court and Onitsha
That speaks volumes

Don't mind the empty vessel. Remove Lagos and SW is in trouble. Oyo is so poor that Shoprite which opened just a few months is about to close shop there.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Arizona1: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hello guys, please let us stop this face off btw igbos and yorubas,it will not do us any good. We need one another whether you are the land owner or the business owner. The two tribes are not the same and God gave each tribe their own gift. We are young guys, we should not be following whatever mistakes our fathers and our grand fathers made. If we live like this here in Nigeria, what happens when we meet ourselves in foreign land? Igbos have their own life style and yorubas have theirs as well and all are being influenced by their different cultures and values which should be respected.

Igbos and other tribes come to Lagos to do business and invest because Lagos is a land of opportunities and yields good returns and also yorubas benefit from the business and the investments igbos do here because it improves the eceonomy of the state, makes a lot of things available and easier for them and also develop many parts of Lagos state.

So what are we saying, we need one another and no one is more important than the other.
Please my people let us embrace peace and stop all these because it will never do us any good. Let us call a spade a spade and help curb the excessess of some traders,governors,chairmen and other political office holders both here in Lagos and in other states.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

Now you see how difficult it is to prove who owns Lagos without defining what you mean?

Let me help you:

ACN Lagos recently said Igbos in Lagos are 45% of the population
Ngige (ACN Anambra) yesterday said Igbos are 25 % of Lagos population
We do not have a true census of Lagos showing the different ethnicities. However I believe the true answer lies in between those two figures

If Igbos are at the least 25% of Lagos, then Hausa/Fulani is what?, Edo Delta and Calabar and Rivers are what? Middle belters are what? Foreigners are what? Do the math in your brain and tell me what is left.

On Economy, list all the companies and bussineses (big and small) and subtract the Yoruba ones.
On nativity you would have to ask the Aworis and the Badagrians on who truly owns Lagos. However, on face value and not to prolong a needless argument, we all can assume that Lagos is a native Yorubaland.

And yes, Lagos govt has a right to make decisions, but the residents (Yoruba and non-Yoruba) also have a right to criticize such decisions if they need to.

That is the source of their fears

Their own people tell us Igbos are 45% In Lagos
The funky Mallam says Igbos own 75% of Abuja
They want to quench
Haha

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

Don't mind the empty vessel. Remove Lagos and SW is in trouble. Oyo is so poor that Shoprite which opened just a few months is about to close shop there.

Rank State PPP GDP (2010 in millions of USD)
1 Lagos State US$33,679
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Abia State US$18,687
4 Delta State US$16,749
5 Oyo State US$16,121
6 Imo State US$14,212
7 Kano State US$12,393
8 Edo State US$11,888
- Federal Capital Territory US$11,448
9 Akwa Ibom State US$11,179
10 Ogun State US$10,470
11 Kaduna State US$10,334
12 Cross River State US$9,292
13 Ondo State US$8,414
14 Osun State US$7,280
15 Benue State US$6,864
16 Anambra State US$6,764
17 Katsina State US$6,022
18 Niger State US$6,002
19 Borno State US$5,175
20 Plateau State US$5,154
21 Sokoto State US$4,818
22 Bauchi State US$4,713
23 Kogi State US$4,642
24 Adamawa State US$4,582
25 Enugu State US$4,396
26 Bayelsa State US$4,337
27 Zamfara State US$4,123
28 Kwara State US$3,841
29 Taraba State US$3,397
30 Kebbi State US$3,290
31 Nassarawa State US$3,022
32 Jigawa State US$2,988
33 Ekiti State US$2,848
34 Ebonyi State US$2,732
35 Gombe State US$2,501
36 Yobe State US$2,011
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
igbobuigbo:

Lmao! Remove Lagos, why don't you remove your left leg and see how well you function.
There's no point removing any part of Yorubaland to satisfy your malicious fantasy.
Re: Ladipo Market Belongs To Mushin LGA - LGA Boss by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

[size=16pt]
So in conclusion tell your brothers to submit to the laws of the land or ship themselves back to Alaibo[/size]

What laws are they not obeying?
What Nigerian law is against democracy or you want everyone to live with your village kabiyesi mentality in 2013 Lagos
Sorry,light has come
You cannot inherit leadership by some archaic old fashioned Stoopid mentality and claim civilized
FYI
Igbos full gidi gba in Igboland,if you doubt me take a trip
The sea of heads in Aba,Enugu,Onitsha,Owerri and all points in between are mainly Igbos
We populate our places and populate the viable places in yours
We make it in out places and conquer yours too if need be
One Nigeria
Deal with it
A market that is populated 90% by Igbos refuses a Yoruba agbero as their leader and demands democracy is disobeying rules to you
Funny bunch
They are putting up a fight and you are here talking about it so obviously they are no push overs
Deal with it I say
This is not your tribal wars if old where you drew marks on your faces for ID
This is 2013

In America where you live a Texan is not forced unto congregation of Jews or Mexicans
They elect their own leaders in their enclave
That is the way it works there,don't get it twisted by Yoruba tribalistic mago mago

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Buhari Is "Cleared" To Return To Nigeria Next Thursday / Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark / Ahmadu Ali Is The New PDP BoT Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.