Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Delta Central Sentorial Bye-election: I've Not Endorsed Anybody---Uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Central Sentorial Bye-election: I've Not Endorsed Anybody---Uduaghan (521 Views)

I Have Not Endorsed Buhari - Obasanjo. / Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo / APC Denies Adopting Keyamo As Delta Central Senatorial Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delta Central Sentorial Bye-election: I've Not Endorsed Anybody---Uduaghan by comrodioodio: 6:40am On Aug 03, 2013
BY FIDELIS EGUGBO

THE Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan has debunked speculations making the rounds that he has endorsed someone to fly the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) flag in the Delta Central Senatorial District elections.
Addressing a section of Deltans yesterday at Government House, Dr. Uduaghan stated that the only way the PDP can win in the election is for the people of Delta Central to choose who will be the PDP flag bearer, stating that the person that will be chosen by the Central as the party’s candidate must be acceptable by the people of the Central.
“I have not anointed anybody, people are only using my name, once you accept anybody, we will come out to join you and campaign,” the governor said, adding that the PDP was prepared to ensure that it wins in the Delta Central Senatorial District elections.

Speaking further he explained that PDP will do all in its power to win back that senatorial seat and charged the party members to work assiduously to produce a candidate to enable the party work as a united front for its success in that election.
Governor Uduaghan noted that plans were already in top gear to conduct local government elections in the state as the State Independent Electoral Commission was set to deliver on this responsibility. He promised to lead the campaign for the People’s Democratic Party candidates in that election.
He informed the gathering that the list for appointments into boards of parastatals and agencies was ready and would be released within the next two weeks
While reiterated his administration’s commitment to the  empowerment of youths and women in the state so as to better the lives of Deltans, Governor Uduaghan announced  plans to  increase the number of members of the  Local Government Women and Youth Empowerment Development Committees in the next few weeks.
He also explained that the state has embarked on other empowerment schemes like the Transport and Environment Marshals schemes to provide jobs for the people of the state.

The governor who informed the gathering that he has charged  Local Government Transition Committees to judiciously use the SURE-P funds  to empower the people at the grassroots level promised to take the issue again next week at his meeting with the local government chairmen.

His words “We will soon increase the membership of the state youth and women empowerment development committees to enable them make an impact on the people. I have also charged the Local Government Transition Committee Chairmen to ensure that they empower their people at the grassroots. They should judiciously use the SURE-P funds given to them. I intend to take the issue again with them next week when I meet with them”.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram And Al Qaeda Meeting Sparked US Embassies Shutdown / Boko Haram Leader Laughs In New Video, Claims Sect Winning War Against Military / How Rochas Described A Common Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.