Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,538 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Group Predicts Husband Scarcity By 2023 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Group Predicts Husband Scarcity By 2023 (750 Views)

HUSBAND SCARCITY!!! By Maryam Habu Shinga / HUSBAND SCARCITY!!! By Habiba Bashir / Husbands Will Be Scarce By 2023 - Women Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Predicts Husband Scarcity By 2023 by Nosyke(m): 11:47am On Aug 03, 2013
Group Predicts Husband Scarcity By 2023

on August 3, 2013

National Council of Catholic Women Organisation, NCCWO has warned that husbands may be scarce by 2023.

The group raised the alarm against the drop of formal education of male-child, noting that it may have an adverse effect on the society in the near future.

In the next decade, the group fears there would be scarcity of quality husbands in Nigeria, as more boys drop out of school.

National President of the group, Chief Felicia Onyeabo while speaking to newsmen in Abuja on Thursday, said: “The future of this country is going to be very bleak for the male-child. How many girls do you see hawking clothes? Go to Onitsha, they are all men. We have looked round and have come to see that there is a neglect of boys in education. Who are the armed robbers on the streets? They are mostly the boys. Let us concentrate on training the boys.”

“The NCCWO feels that a vacuum is being created, and very soon, we shall be faced with a situation where our educated girl-child will not find a corresponding suitable boy-child to marry. This is because more boys drop out of school, apparently because the high rate of unemployed youth discourages our young boys from appreciating the need to be educated.”

According to the group, “In the near future, quality husbands will become extremely scarce, with too many highly educated women looking for husbands, and settling for any type of husbands, just to get married. The result of this type of situation is better imagined and will not augur well for Nigerians.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/08/group-predicts-husband-scarcity-by-2023.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Group Predicts Husband Scarcity By 2023 by sakaguchi(m): 11:57am On Aug 03, 2013
So a school dropout is not quality? Bill Gate must hear this...
Re: Group Predicts Husband Scarcity By 2023 by dplomaticVal: 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2013
thats an implausible assertion.
Re: Group Predicts Husband Scarcity By 2023 by yunkychy(f): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2013
Pple @ d top are nt encouraging,hw do u Expect someone to pay uoto 1million or more for skul Fees and at the end won't get a job? Y wasting d money at d first time? Plz we need emploment in Nigeria period...
Re: Group Predicts Husband Scarcity By 2023 by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 05, 2015
seems dat year range is 2 far self....a girl of 29 near my crib be like ''i dont c myself beggin a man 2 like me'' n i be like ''which man wld give u d chance 2 beg him''

1 Like

Re: Group Predicts Husband Scarcity By 2023 by shitshappen(m): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2015
Well you heard that ladies
Better start stocking up

(1) (Reply)

They Asked Me To Stríp Unclad As Part Of The Audition Process ––female Singer / What Is Wrong With A Guy Marrying In His Final Year? / Is There Ever A Proper Way To End A Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.