Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,253 members, 7,864,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:04 PM

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! - Webmasters (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! (528796 Views)

Learn Bulk SMS Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! Www.buymoresms.com / Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
2)Attribute 'class'-
The class attribute is used to specify divs that can appear multiple times in an HTML document. It is preceded with a dot '.'.
These two characteristics of a class div make it different from the id div. The syntax of both are the same.
Example
To create a class div in the style sheet
.contentbox{background-color:
green;
width:48px;
height:48px;}
To insert it in the HTML
document:
<div class="contentbox">I am a box for anything</div>
When viewed in a browser, you
will see a green box 48px
wide and 48px high with the
text, "I am a box for anything",
within it.
This div can be repeated, as many times as you may wish, in an HTML document.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by amakodi247: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
please do continue...am on point
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by dhtml(m): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
@teacher please go on, i will still flog that boy later for all those jamtalks.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by sunday478(m): 11:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
Thank you teacher, it true the they said 'The best things of life are free' more fluid to your finger bones.

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Topewealth: 6:40am On Oct 07, 2013
@ poster ,Nice write up, God bless you!

You re nt just a coach, but a unique one,
You gat great teaching skill!

Ride on coach, am following this!

2 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by fuckyorubaibo: 11:21am On Oct 07, 2013
KAI THIS CSS IS NOT FRIENDLY ATALL, FEEL LIKE GOING BACK TO IKIRUN TO GIVE THAT USELESS MAN THAT STOLE MY 10K A HOT SLAP FOR DEFRAUDING ME AND LYING TO ME THAT I CAN BUILD WEBSITE WITH JUST HTML.

@IYEMINOFE, RIDE ON, WEY ALL THIS USELESS STUDENTS WHEN NO GREE ENTER CLASS, SHEI UNA NEVER KNOW SAY UNA GO SUBMIT UNA ASSIGNMENT

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by CODEEATER(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2013
fuckyoruba+ibo:
KAI THIS CSS IS NOT FRIENDLY ATALL, FEEL LIKE GOING BACK TO IKIRUN TO GIVE THAT USELESS MAN THAT STOLE MY 10K A HOT SLAP FOR DEFRAUDING ME AND LYING TO ME THAT I CAN BUILD WEBSITE WITH JUST HTML.

@IYEMINOFE, RIDE ON, WEY ALL THIS USELESS STUDENTS WHEN NO GREE ENTER CLASS, SHEI UNA NEVER KNOW SAY UNA GO SUBMIT UNA ASSIGNMENT

lwkm4h grin grin

build site with just html

lol...mehn...i get hope
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Djtm(m): 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
You can of course. You'll just do inline styling which is a bad web practice and you'd probably die typing. cheesy bottom line is, you can build a website with html only.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by CODEEATER(m): 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
Oga has spoken
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
To understand divs better, let us consider a pictorial illustration of usingdivs with the id and class method.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Neduzze5(m): 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
fuckyoruba+ibo:

Lolz, even sef, this na money wey you for give our teacher, Iyenimofe at least #2000 make im use subscribe.

As for the Css, I understood it after downloading extra pdf materials from the net on CSS and reading and practicing.
All you need to do is to use the external styling method.
If you need the extra material, just say and I will send it to you but the only problem is that it is not yet complete.

Our dear teacher, don't worry, by God's grace, I will send you recharge card tomorrow in appreciation of the wonderful work you are doing. Just drop your number here. But please can you be a little bit faster cos I want to go and learn javascript shocked and C++ grin

Can you teach Javascript

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by OmerianConsult: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
[quote author=Neduzze5]
As for the Css, I understood it after downloading extra pdf materials from the net.
If you need the extra material I will send it to you but the only problem is that it is not yet complete.[]/quote
Guy pls photocopy the books to omerianconsult@gmail.com.
l would have appreciated u with my grandma but she is already engaged to Dr. Iyen.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by OmerianConsult: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
Neduzze5:
As for the Css, I understood it after downloading extra pdf materials from the net.
If you need the extra material I will send it to you but the only problem is that it is not yet complete.
Guy pls photocopy the books to omerianconsult@gmail.com.
l would have appreciated u with my grandma but she is already engaged to Dr. Iyen.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by CODEEATER(m): 10:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
http://It-ebooks.info

Get all the books u need there...

If after reading em plus wat our faithful teacher is explaining, u still dnt get it

Den I suggest u visit the nearest synagogue church of nations for further deliverance grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 12:00am On Oct 08, 2013
CSS rule for an 'id' div
the HTML document it is linked to
and
the result in a browser

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Pianobender: 7:27am On Oct 08, 2013
Diz stuf iz rily kul. I hope it works 4 me. What about php nd d rest?[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by CODEEATER(m): 8:02am On Oct 08, 2013
I'll start php this night...

If the house will permit me

2 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brucebanner: 11:41am On Oct 08, 2013
CODE-EATER:
I'll start php this night...

If the house will permit me
Unfortunately, you won't be able to do that. undecided PHP is still way ahead. We have not even gotten to Advanced CSS.

2 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 11:46am On Oct 08, 2013

Unfortunately, you won't be able to do that. undecided PHP is still way ahead. We have not even gotten to Advanced CSS.
Well said.
wink
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by CODEEATER(m): 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
Php class suspended

2 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Neduzze5(m): 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
kay, Now, I am practicing the Html and CSS I have learnt. I want to put s[ace between sme f my link words.

for example

CSS HTML

When I space it like this, it goes back to;

CSS HTML

What I mean is that the space does not show between the two links. How to I upturn this?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Djtm(m): 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Neduzze5: kay, Now, I am practicing the Html and CSS I have learnt. I want to put s[ace between sme f my link words.

for example

CSS HTML

When I space it like this, it ges back to

CSS HTML
a {
margin-right: 5px;
}
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Neduzze5(m): 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
Djtm:
a {
}

Thanks jare. You are the boss boy grin tongue
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by wisemania(m): 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Its bin a lng yl...howz evwibady duin....Mr.lecturer sir,code baba,dhtml,brownlord(if hez still in existence), et al....i don miss una gon...anywaz me juz dey len silently.dat advance prt of css dey walo me die(css kon dey hard me sha),,..@cody cn u hlp me wif d .doc format of ebooks on js/jQuery and php,coz d ones i av r all in .pdf format,makin it difficult 4me 2 understand d letters(u shud kw wt i min)...ill be xpectin ur reply..thanks
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by wisemania(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
Djtm:
a {
}
hlo boss, av bin tryin 2 make my webpage look like dat of newspaper(in d sence dat all words therin should be in a perfect order,the length of each line shud b d same 2ru-out),but i cnt seem 2 remember the appropriate <tags> 2 implement, du well 2 hlp me wif d tag am 2 use...thanks in anticipation
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Djtm(m): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
wisemania:
hlo boss, av bin tryin 2 make my webpage look like dat of newspaper(in d sence dat all words therin should be in a perfect order,the length of each line shud b d same 2ru-out),but i cnt seem 2 remember the appropriate <tags> 2 implement, du well 2 hlp me wif d tag am 2 use...thanks in anticipation
add this to your css
div {
text-align:justify;
}
any content within div tags will have the text-align set to justify.
I.e <div>your content here</div>
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by coolakins(m): 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
To the Pros in the house, kindly drop any hints... I just set up a wamp server2.x to start exploring php. But it seems my web server is not turned on as my browsers do not display my php files. Also I am expected to have fig1 but I have fig2.
any hints will be highly appreciated (on how to turn on my Apache web server 2.4.4)

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Zamp: 9:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
cool
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by wisemania(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
Djtm:
add this to your css
div {
text-align:justify;
}
any content within div tags will have the text-align set to justify.
I.e <div>your content here</div>
thanks bro
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Djtm(m): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
wisemania:
thanks bro
anytime smiley
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by idlaw2k3(m): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2013
cool_akins: To the Pros in the house, kindly drop any hints... I just set up a wamp server2.x to start exploring php. But it seems my web server is not turned on as my browsers do not display my php files. Also I am expected to have fig1 but I have fig2.
any hints will be highly appreciated (on how to turn on my Apache web server 2.4.4)

undecided

If your webserver isn't on you wouldnt see that page at all.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Irshittabey: 9:35am On Oct 10, 2013
cool_akins: To the Pros in the house, kindly drop any hints... I just set up a wamp server2.x to start exploring php. But it seems my web server is not turned on as my browsers do not display my php files. Also I am expected to have fig1 but I have fig2.
use xamp instead,then make sure it is running,then restart ur system.to check if apache is working type this in to ur browser'localhost/indexes.php' .In the xamp folder look for htdocs folder,it is inside this htdocs folder that u save all ur php folder directory. To open the php file in ur browser follow this format ''localhost/the name of php folder directory/the name of the php file in that php folder directory.php''
type this in ur browser to open the php file

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (121) (Reply)

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.