Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,540 members, 7,837,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! - Webmasters (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! (525257 Views)

Learn Bulk SMS Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! Www.buymoresms.com / Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
Here is an image illustrating the padding properties.
Here the padding values for top, right, bottom and left differ.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2013
MARGIN
The margin is the distance between the outermost border of a box and its parent container.
The syntax for margin is very similar to that of 'padding'.
The syntax for a margin is-
margin:value
To specify the value for specific margins use:
margin-top:value;
margin-bottom:value;
margin-right:value;
margin-left:value;

The possible values for margin are the same as that of padding.
In fact, the only difference between padding and margin is that padding is inside the box while margin is outside it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2013
The post above concludes the Box Model.
Questions can be asked on this thread, all right. But please let it be questions related to topics that have been treated. If you have any questions regarding topics that have not yet been treated, kindly wait till it is treated or send a PM to anybody you think can answer the question.
Please let us adhere this to make this tutorial simple, clear and easy to follow. It will also reduce the workload on our moderator. cheesy
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
Neduzze5:

Lolz, even sef, this na money wey you for give our teacher, Iyenimofe at least #2000 make im use subscribe.

As for the Css, I understood it after downloading extra pdf materials from the net on CSS and reading and practicing.
All you need to do is to use the external styling method.
If you need the extra material, just say and I will send it to you but the only problem is that it is not yet complete.

Our dear teacher, don't worry, by God's grace, I will send you recharge card tomorrow in appreciation of the wonderful work you are doing. Just drop your number here. But please can you be a little bit faster cos I want to go and learn javascript shocked and C++ grin

Can you teach Javascript

Guy abeg pass me d lvl, brownlord2flex@yahoo.com

I dey wait
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by CODEEATER(m): 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2013
Wait o....una Neva learn how stand and waka... una wan go learn Hw to run n dance?

Na wa o...HTML still de hard sum,u wan fly go c++...not even php..C++...

GOOD LUCK

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by WebsiteGuy: 11:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
Need a Web design company in Nigeria call 07030595653
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by omoelu1(m): 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Wait o....una Neva learn how stand and waka... una wan go learn Hw to run n dance?

Na wa o...HTML still de hard sum,u wan fly go c++...not even php..C++...

GOOD LUCK
u know say “to every rule, derz always an exception“. dem fit b d exception.

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Irshittabey: 12:06am On Oct 13, 2013
wisemania:
not atall

i av only XAMPP installed....i strted mysql,apache,filezilla etc on it,bt still dnt k" wr 2 inser d codes,mayb its coz am nt gud @php....but i nid 2 kw wr 2 insert my php code 2 print a txt... Thankz
i have tried my best,so i decided to check google to see if i can get something easier for u to understand i hope this works. www.phphunger.com/2012/07/php-developer-journey-how-to-run-php.html?m=1
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by sunday478(m): 8:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
Omerian Consult:
Guy pls photocopy the books to omerianconsult@gmail.com.
l would have appreciated u with my grandma but she is already engaged to Dr. Iyen.
I have tutorial in Html format from tizag and w3school, u can also download that from the net. Type tizag dot com offline view and u will see the zip file for download. I subcribed for our teachers own because his was bit by bit, and he explains in simple language and also attends to question.

Teacher nah u sure pass.
#learning PHP*
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by CODEEATER(m): 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
If u still Cnt learn simple web dev techniques aftr all dis den

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by kchaste(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
iyenimofe: TOPIC 1: HTML
Session: 1
HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is a type (and most common) of markup language. A markup language is a set of markup tags used to define a document to be rendered by a Web browser. NOTE: HTML is not a programming language.
HTML tags are keywords in angular brackets <> that come in pairs. The fist of the pair is called the opening or start tag. The second is called the closing or end tag. The end tag always has a forward slash / before it.
Example: <opening tag> </closing tag>
HTML elements are everything between the opening and closing tag including the tag itself.
Example: <opening tag> Content</closing tag>
The compilation of HTML elements used in different ways makes up an HTML document. The HTML document is then interpreted by a Web Browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, e.t.c) into visual and audio content that is understood by the browser.
In other words, the web browser does not display the HTML tags itself but the interpretation.

how do I get the html on my computer
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Nastydroid(m): 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
kchaste:

when you are done writing d html codes save it as. html I guess u avn't finish reading d html part <flyer>you better read carefully</flyer>
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by kchaste(m): 10:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
I will appreciate if u send this to my gmail. kmichaelwills@gmail.com
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by sunday478(m): 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
kchaste: I will appreciate if u send this to my gmail. kmichaelwills@gmail.com
like seriously, this is a voluntary lesson,and u still want to give someone to do the hectic job of sending it to ur email. Just try to follow the tutorial from page one and in less that a week u are here.

PS: HTML is not a program. So u cant find it on ur PC, a programming language HyperText Markup Language. So u are the one to write the Html codes in your teXt editor, i.e notepad. Like I said before follow the lesson from page, u will learn how to write Html codes.

Happy coding

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by ncpat(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
my site has been suspended for failure to update script and plugins and when asked the webhosting company won`t tell me the script and plugins they are refering to. can anybody here help?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by flames7154: 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nice job, but how long will this lesson take?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Arlex(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
K
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Arlex(m): 10:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
iyenimofe:
The Bold <b> tag: This tag makes
the selected text bold.
<b>Text</b>
is it bold?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by wisemania(m): 3:32am On Oct 15, 2013
Irshittabey:
i have tried my best,so i decided to check google to see if i can get something easier for u to understand i hope this works. www.phphunger.com/2012/07/php-developer-journey-how-to-run-php.html?m=1
thanks bro...ill take a serious look at it

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by incometrader(m): 6:55pm On Oct 15, 2013
Are you thinking of getting a Web Designer to build your website?

Here are some things you should know and put in place to get the right webmaster for your project.

Read this - Choosing a Website Design Company in Nigeria http://topserve.com.ng/choosing-website-design-company-nigeria
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Irshittabey: 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
ncpat: my site has been suspended for failure to update script and plugins and when asked the webhosting company won`t tell me the script and plugins they are refering to. can anybody here help?
may be plugins like things related to flash player or jquery,for scripts,most likely ur codes,may be they are outdated
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 9:04am On Oct 16, 2013
kchaste:
Please read through the tutorial. You'll get the answer.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2013
Neduzze5:
Can you teach Javascript
We'll definitely treat JS.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by emmyw(m): 9:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] iyenimofe,please send me your number to Emmanuelworthwhile@yahoo.com i need your help.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Davidbanky(m): 11:11am On Oct 20, 2013
Thank you @op ..... God bless, we still learning

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by CODEEATER(m): 4:07pm On Oct 20, 2013
Iyenibaba...I Neva c ur mail o
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by emmyx2010: 5:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
please can yu send me the e-book or where you downloaded it from. hank you emmasonokosun@gmail.com.....great nairalander
brownlord:

I sware, although am tru wit it, bt I knw for sure d man dnt knw jack abt web design. He jst go online to source for materials, he only taught us html, few tins in css, then dream waver, frm the first day I went to the school, when I got home I came online and downloaded some ebook on html. It was easy for, m only finding css difficult cos hv nt had smbody to put me tru. So I'd wait for u there.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2013
CODE-EATER:
I Neva c ur mail o
I'll resend it. It must be network or yahoo wahala.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
We have gone halfway in our CSS Scheme. With what we have considered under The Box Model, you can start utilizing divs. Both CSS alone can't perform wonders. So, the concluding part of CSS is going to be how we can apply CSS to HTML to get starling results.
The lessons shall continue late tomorrow.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 11:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
Finally I don catch una, @op it would surprise you to know that na your thread ginger me to buy my intel core i5, 4gb ram/500hdd win8 hp probook. I've mastered all I've learnt on this topic from the very 1st page up till now... grin although I always use some e-books as back up sha but guy u get mouth. @least I can type these codes without looking @ my note.

To the rest of my course mates and our graduate assistants I hail oooo...*i still be learner ooooo*...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (121) (Reply)

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.