Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,166 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! - Webmasters (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! (524049 Views)

Learn Bulk SMS Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! Www.buymoresms.com / Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by chiboy429(m): 9:41am On Dec 28, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

There are two distinct ways on which you can create your website.

1) Natural coding. That's what this thread is all about.

2) The use of softwares like joomla, wordpress etc.

Web design and development is serious business, so do it on your pc.

Creating your own web hosting, is another large profiting venture. Google would help you on that.

Although the future potential of webdesigning and development cannot be under estimated because at present the its importance and need is conspicuous in every aspect of our livelihood. So anybody who is or intend to learn it should do it at best of interest and determination regardless of its difficulty.

@Appliedmaths,i want to ask ,sori if i may digress a little bit ,can js be used to enhance better SE0? and if yes how . But if no why?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2013
chiboy429:

Although the future potential of webdesigning and development cannot be under estimated because at present the its importance and need is conspicuous in every aspect of our livelihood. So anybody who is or intend to learn it should do it at best of interest and determination regardless of its difficulty.

@Appliedmaths,i want to ask ,sori if i may digress a little bit ,can js be used to enhance better SE0? and if yes how . But if no why?

You're thinking ahead and I like that. That's why I always encouraging coding.

No worry there's a quick and easy way get a solid SEO, google has already provided that for us. We would get there!

SEO is key, you don't want to build a website and have only 2 visitors in a month. Having a gmail account and adding little codes to your website shoots you live on google search.

YES, this same Js that you're seeing now can be used to pull down a site under 5mins (Hacking). But that's not our aim, after fully teaching Js, Jquery (simplified Js), php and mysql. Hopefully my boss iyenimofe would take PHP and MYSQL.

Building a site is one thing, and building a better security is another thing( very important).

We would learn how to hack our own sites( part of the security process) so we cover our loop holes before going public.

There are so many sites that can be pulled down under 2mins. I just look them dey laugh grin but I don't encourage destructive hacking.

There's a lot to learn, so sit tight. Web design and development is serious business.

The aim now is to learn how to first of all complete the process of building a web site from scratch to finish. Then we divert to Security.

Security would expose you to some other programming language like C, C#, so get prepared.

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 11:03am On Dec 28, 2013
Hope you guys are enjoying the Js so far. I need a go ahead in-order to continue the class...

Play with the codes and save them in your brains hard-disk.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by ncpat(m): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2013
please I want to align my slide show and playlist to be on same level on my header.php theme please can some help me out below is the code i have presently and the result is at http://1010studio.com

<center><b><?php include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?></b><!-- Header right begin-->
<div style = "text-align:right; float:right; VALIGN=top>top right">
<b><?php
mp3j_put( '[mp3-jplayer tracks="DR. SID@http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/18-Surulere-Remix.mp3, JARMY AUSTIN@http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Touch-Go-By-JARMY-AUSTIN-no-tag.mp3, TEN TEN FT. STECY `99@http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/E-WA-JO2.mp3" width="325px" height="115px" images="http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/suth100775.jpg, http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/OPEN-LESS10075.jpg, http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/postth.jpg" style="dark bars100 btransbars" pos="rel-C" dload="y" captions="Surulere;Touch and go;Ewa jo." list="y"]' );
?>';</b></center>
</div>
<!-- Header right end-->
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by chiboy429(m): 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
Appliedmaths.:

You're thinking ahead and I like that. That's why I always encouraging coding.

No worry there's a quick and easy way get a solid SEO, google has already provided that for us. We would get there!

SEO is key, you don't want to build a website and have only 2 visitors in a month. Having a gmail account and adding little codes to your website shoots you live on google search.

YES, this same Js that you're seeing now can be used to pull down a site under 5mins (Hacking). But that's not our aim, after fully teaching Js, Jquery (simplified Js), php and mysql. Hopefully my boss iyenimofe would take PHP and MYSQL.

Building a site is one thing, and building a better security is another thing( very important).

We would learn how to hack our own sites( part of the security process) so we cover our loop holes before going public.

There are so many sites that can be pulled down under 2mins. I just look them dey laugh grin but I don't encourage destructive hacking.

There's a lot to learn, so sit tight. Web design and development is serious business.

The aim now is to learn how to first of all complete the process of building a web site from scratch to finish. Then we divert to Security.

Security would expose you to some other programming language like C, C#, so get prepared.

Interesting ,Appliedmaths your ingenuity as coding and designing is concern is superbly obvious . Theres no atom of skepticism on that. Keep the ball rolling bc no wind can stop you.

I was astonished ,when this thread began , i recalled vividly well years back,that NIIT was just joking with me when i went to study this course with them ,i had to port to Aptech. That is by the way.

I tried using the external js file to code but wen i opened it ,it was blank what happed and again can we use both external js file and normal html page coding simultaneously ?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by chiboy429(m): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
Hope you guys are enjoying the Js so far. I need a go ahead in-order to continue the class...

Play with the codes and save them in your brains hard-disk.
yeah fire on my Boss
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
chiboy429:

Interesting ,Appliedmaths your ingenuity as coding and designing is concern is superbly obvious . Theres no atom of skepticism on that. Keep the ball rolling bc no wind can stop you.

I was astonished ,when this thread began , i recalled vividly well years back,that NIIT was just joking with me when i went to study this course with them ,i had to port to Aptech. That is by the way.

I tried using the external js file to code but wen i opened it ,it was blank what happed and again can we use both external js file and normal html page coding simultaneously ?

No sir! It's either you use the external .js coding technique or you use the internal .js coding technique which is included in the HTML coding page.

NB: When using the external .js coding tech. You don't include the script tag anymore, if you do the js codes wouldn't work.

Always properly link your scripts, that's another issue. We have trashed this.

Code in the external js page, link it with the HTML page. Then go to your web browser to load the HTML page. That's all.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
ncpat: please I want to align my slide show and playlist to be on same level on my header.php theme please can some help me out below is the code i have presently and the result is at http://1010studio.com

<center><b><?php include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?></b><!-- Header right begin-->
<div style = "text-align:right; float:right; VALIGN=top>top right">
<b><?php
mp3j_put( '[mp3-jplayer tracks="DR. SID@http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/18-Surulere-Remix.mp3, JARMY AUSTIN@http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Touch-Go-By-JARMY-AUSTIN-no-tag.mp3, TEN TEN FT. STECY `99@http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/E-WA-JO2.mp3" width="325px" height="115px" images="http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/suth100775.jpg, http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/OPEN-LESS10075.jpg, http://1010studio.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/postth.jpg" style="dark bars100 btransbars" pos="rel-C" dload="y" captions="Surulere;Touch and go;Ewa jo." list="y"]' );
?>';</b></center>
</div>
<!-- Header right end-->

BOSS, there's a thread in webmasters forum that specialize on PHP. Please forward your issue there, they have good hands there to trash your problem.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
chiboy429:
yeah fire on my Boss

I will only fire on when you have confirmed using the external .js. Coding technique. #Bless
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
Classes continues...

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
The image above shows you how to code using the eternal Js tech.

In that image notice that I didn't include the script tag.

I named that file "external js.js"
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 12:00am On Dec 29, 2013
In this image. Everything has been done. Load the html page and you get a pop up in your web browser saying "Hello world!"

Carefully watch how I linked the "external js.js" file in the head section of the HTML page.

I think this is where most people miss it.

And also DON'T include the script tag in the "external js.js" file.

#That's all.

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 12:02am On Dec 29, 2013
I guess this would trash any further question on external js tech. We move forward...
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 12:42am On Dec 29, 2013
Now this is an internal js technique.

Notice that I used the script tag.

The example covers all what we have been saying since.

Code this and view it in your web browser.

Download and Zoom the image, you'll see the light. cool

Make una Go church oooo. See you sunday evening by God's grace.

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 1:08am On Dec 29, 2013
JS comments can be used to make
the codes more readable.

JS Comments

Comments will not be executed by
JS. That is to say, the comment in a js file isn't a code that is to be executed by the web browser.

Comments can be added to explain the
Js codes, or to make the codes more
readable.

Single line comments start with //.

The following example uses single line
comments to explain the code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1 id="myH1 " ></ h1 >

<p id="myP" ></ p>

<script>
// Write to a heading:
document.getElementById("myH1 " ).innerHTML="Welcome to my Homepage" ;

// Write to a paragraph:
document.getElementById("myP " ).innerHTML="This is my first paragraph." ;
</script>

</body>
</html>

In this example we have made life easier for us by using the comment. Whenever we revisit the code we quickly understand what we did there.

NB: Again I say that the comments aren't executed.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 1:11am On Dec 29, 2013
Js Multi-Line Comments

Multi line comments start with /* and end
with */.

The following example uses a multi line
comment to explain the code:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1 id="myH1" ></h1>

<p id="myP" ></ p>

<script>

/*
The code below will write
to a heading and to a paragraph,
and will represent the start of
my homepage:
*/

document.getElementById("myH1 " ).innerHTML="Welcome to my Homepage";
document.getElementById("myP " ).innerHTML="This is my first paragraph." ;
</script>

</body>
</html>

NB: Again the comment isn't executed.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 1:23am On Dec 29, 2013
This is where comment gets more Interesting.

Coding is an art and its like drawing a picture where you will make a lot of modifications and corrections.

You may delete a codeline and write it back again.

You may want to make a codeline inactive, making the web browser not able to execute it for certain reasons.

In such case we use:

Comments to Prevent
Execution.

In the following example the comment is
used to prevent the execution of one of the
codelines (can be suitable for debugging):

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1 id="myH1" >< /h1>

<p id="myP" >< /p>

<script>

//document.getElementById("myH1" ).innerHTML="Welcome to my Homepage" ;

document.getElementById("myP" ).innerHTML="This is my first paragraph." ;
</script>

</body>
</html>

NB: In this example we have prevented ("myH1" ) from executing(displaying) in the web browser. But ("myP" ) would still be executed.

That is to say //document.getElementById("myH1" ).innerHTML="Welcome to my Homepage" ; has been prevented, and "Welcome to my Homepage" wouldn't show in the browser.

But document.getElementById("myP" ).innerHTML="This is my first paragraph." ; would still be executed, so you'll only see "This is my first paragraph" in your web browser.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 1:39am On Dec 29, 2013
I call this the END.

In this example we have totally prevented the whole code from execution(displaying in the web browser.)

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<h1 id="myH1" ></h1>

<p id="myP" >< /p>

<script>

/*
document.getElementById("myH1" ).innerHTML="Welcome to my Homepage" ;
document.getElementById("myP" ).innerHTML="This is my first paragraph." ;
*/
</script>

</body>
</html>

I Reiterate: Nothing would show on your web page after coding this example. We have totally prevented the codes from working.

Sometime you may want to silent some codes knowing very well that you'll still insert them later. Coding on its own is stressful but to save yourself from further stress just use the comment syntax to prevent some codes for the mean time.

NB: Almost every computer language uses this same comment method.

Don't bother about the example below, we are almost there. Just learn how to use comments to make life easy for you.

Using Comments at the End of a Line.

In the following example the comment is
placed at the end of a code line:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>

<p id="myP" ></p>

<script>
var x=5; // declare x and assign the value 5 to it

var y=x+2; // declare y and assign the expression value x+2 to it

document.getElementById("myP " ).innerHTML=y // write the value of y to myP
</script>

</body>
</html>

Coding this example would give you a value of 7 in your web browser.

I purposely chipped in this last example. Fear not grin

ALERT: Before you upload your coded file online. Abeg delete your comments, so you don't make the work much more easy for some hackers grin and other people that wants to steal your codes. Make them sweat small. Hey! This is just my own idea sha! cool

Always keep the original codes with the comment in your library for future use. But remove the comments before uploading.

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 1:53am On Dec 29, 2013
Okay Abeg make una digest this part. We are still at the beginning stage where everything is soft.

Our next topic is js Variables, I think this is where the heat begins to intensify.

Questions, contributions and feedbacks are highly needed.

But verily, verily I say unto you fear NOT.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by chiboy429(m): 6:20am On Dec 29, 2013
Yeah ,thanks Appliedmaths i got it now
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by chaloner(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2013
Wow thanks aPplied maths.......... U re makin my day . Make I kis u small. alert("no gay"wink ; . U re makin sense.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2013
Really glad I could insert the images.

@Chaloner LoLZ. I see your alert jare cool

@chiboy, all right man that's good.

We making progress...#Bless!
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by chiboy429(m): 7:32am On Dec 30, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
Really glad I could insert the images.

@Chaloner LoLZ. I see your alert jare cool

@chiboy, all right man that's good.

We making progress...#Bless!

yes a very tremendous one,i never believe i can achieve this at the begining.#thanks once again to you Appliedmaths
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by BoyCoyToy(m): 1:28am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year pals: 2014 my year of Web developing perfection
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Vstuffs(m): 12:14pm On Jan 01, 2014
Guy,there is site that I came across when searching the web,it contains different tutorials even programming,if you have heard of it before this is not for you,check it out www.eTutorials.org

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 12:32pm On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new Year guys.

alert("How january web things go be nah?" ) ;
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Vstuffs(m): 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2014
Bros,this javascript since they confuse me I know no whether it is because I just finished secondary school last year,come make the thing dey too advanced
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Appliedmaths(m): 1:08pm On Jan 01, 2014
Vstuffs: Bros,this javascript since they confuse me I know no whether it is because I just finished secondary school last year,come make the thing dey too advanced

I try very hard to break js down to pieces. Nothing dey Js at all. If you follow my tutorials on Js from the beginning, you wouldn't have any problem.

Take notes and practice the codes. Use this formula: 2hours studying the codes , and 3 hours coding off hand.

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Vstuffs(m): 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2014
Bros,thank I think I will apply that your formular
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Vstuffs(m): 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2014
Bros,@applied ,I have try to at lest. Learn some of the basics of js but there is problem I have,I don't know how to make button tag to link to a particular place with js eg <button type="button" onclick="myLink()">Download</button>

just like the css feacture<a href="url"><p style="
display:block;
font-weight:bold;
color:#FFFFFF;
background-color:#98bf21;
width:120px;
text-align:center;
padding:4px;
text-decoration:none;">
Download</p></a> I want to use this feacture to change some things in my site,and please how can I apply color to the button
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Vstuffs(m): 8:47pm On Jan 01, 2014
Bros,@applied ,I have try at lest to learn some of the basics of js but there is problem I have,I don't know how to make button tag to link to a particular place with js,I try to use something like this (wait,I know I am wrong in adding those href attributes,but I am only trying to see if they may work) <p id="vstuffs" href="http://vstuffs.">myLink</p> <script>function myLink("http://vstuffs."){document.getElementById("p"wink;} </script>

<button type="button" onclick="myLink()" href="http://vstuffs.">Download</button>.

just like the css feature<a href="url"><p style="
Download</p></a> I want to use this feature to change some things in my site,and please how can I apply color to the button
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by BoyCoyToy(m): 8:10am On Jan 02, 2014
Vstuffs: Bros,@applied ,I have try to at lest. Learn some of the basics of js but there is problem I have,I don't know how to make button tag to link to a particular place with js eg <button type="button" onclick="myLink()">Download</button>

just like the css feacture<a href="url"><p style="
Download</p></a> I want to use this feacture to change some things in my site,and please how can I apply color to the button

Having the same problem. @applied said maybe my code is wrong but i have tried more than 10 times.... Dunno

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (121) (Reply)

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.