Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Sen.chuba-okadigbo Margery Chibogu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen.chuba-okadigbo Margery Chibogu (1786 Views)

Saraki May Be Calling For The Okadigbo's Treatment! / Was Dr. Chuba Okadigbo A Nigerian Political Prophet? / From The Archives: Rt. Hon. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe To Dr. Chuba Okadigbo (1981): (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen.chuba-okadigbo Margery Chibogu by emrall: 6:33am On Aug 04, 2013
Mrs. Okodigbo wife of the late Senate President Mr. Okadigbo. She is representing the Anambra North in the present Senates. Although, she did not contest election but was declared the winner by the appeal court after a long court battle between the senate candidates in the constituency. Mrs. Okadigbo declaration by the appeal court as the legitimate senate representative of the constituency was greeted with mixed emotion, Some were against the court verdict while those in favour of the verdict believed that God has finally answered their prayers as good things will start to come into their constituency.

The people of Anambra North had believed that Mrs. Okadigbo being a mother and a wife with great charisma, tenderness, love and care including her experience as a lawyer and a wife to the late Chuba Okadigbo will be a driving force for improvement in their lives and also motivation to other legislators to perform for the goodness of the Anambra people. Her many times of observing the proceedings in the senate during her husband's leadership of the senate house would be a plus to ability to analyze issues, act on the problems of children, act on the problem facing women of all ages and understands the problems facing her constituency better than the other selfserving legislators and also put to work the constituency fund judiciously to better the lives of women and children and those without gainful employment in her constituency. In Nigeria society and the world at large, women are attached to their children and more than that, sensitive to their problems. However the people's hope and expectation were dashed away when their "Holy Grail" Mrs. Okadigbo turned her back on her people resulting to more agonies and suffering on the people who had believed her.

"Had she not turned her back on the tenderness for which she is known, her impact on the house would have had some improvement not only in our constituency but also on Nigerian children and families" said a woman with tears on her eyes when our correspondent asked her if she regret supporting Mrs Okadigbo. Her constituency had look forward to her to vigorously pursue equitable distribution and utilization of constituency project funds. support and sponsor bills for programs related to health, nutrition, education, children and advancing gender and family friendly legislation. Sadly Mrs. Okadigbo was a disappointment not just to her constituency but to all Nigerian women, mothers and children. In an interview with Vanguard Newspaper Mrs. Okadigbo was asked the legacy she would like to leave in the senate? Here is what she said:

"Though I am a lawyer by profession, I find in my interaction with my people that two things come to play, agriculture because that is what my people are all about, they are farmers and the other thing is health. I move around and I see the pathetic structures they call maternity homes and I am alarmed. You have the maternity homes without water. So I find that health and agriculture are the two major things and coincidentally by the grace of God, I happen to be the vice-chairman of the Health Committee in the Senate and I intend to use that very well"

Right Now the question is how much has she move heaven and earth to execute the Agriculture and health programs in her constituency as she promised? Our investigation revealed,that she has done not anything, not even then with constituency fund. Our investigation also revealed that she had received all the allowances and constituency project fund for the year her constituency was not represented due to court cases with Senator Alphonsus Igbeke. Though, Mr. Igbeke, with due respect, is not worthy to handle any elective position due to embezzlement of his constituency fund. Igbeke was the immediate past Senator of Anambra North. Considering the circumstance with which Mrs. Okodigbo got to the senate one would have thought that she will set a good example to other legislators by using the constituency fund to fund projects that will better the life of her people , instead, she, like her predecessor, denied her constituency the fund voted for their community development. Some time I ask myself, do we still have an honest person in this country? If our male legislators are criminals and insensitive of plight of the masses? What about our female legislators, What happen to the women tenderness, love and caring? Mrs. Okadigbo in her own word said she went round her constituency and saw with her own eyes the dilapidated state of maternity homes and yet she did nothing to solve the problem. How long more would Mrs Okadigbo watch the people suffer before she can apply the tenderness, love and care that women are endowed with and make available the constituency fund to to the people of the constituency and salvage the communities from hardship?

Since she got to the Senate house she had never sponsored a single bill, perhaps, according to her she is still learning. I wonder what she is leaning when she had been in the senate several times as an observer. By the way, did her leaning process stops her from releasing the constituency project fund to her people for development or did it stop her from using the fund to build clinics and maternity and encourage agriculture in all the local govt that made up her constituency. Again, did the leaning process freeze up her intelligence to articulate and sponsore a bill that will help women and children. Well! Since she is still in the learning process, here are some bills from Paffcomm that might interest her to sponsor in the house.

(1) A bill that will give women right to the inheritance of their father's and husband's properties. In many parts of Nigeria especially in Ibo land, culture denies women the right of inheritance to their father's properties. Many widows lose their spouse's property to their husband relatives on account of not having a male son. (2) A bill that will give free education to our kids from primary school to secondary school level. (3) A bill that creates jobs for our youths (4) A bill that discourages corruption in the government.

Once Again, in her interview with vanguard newspaper, she said that she is trying to recover what her constituency lost in one year she was in the court. "I think that my main preoccupation is trying to recover what has been lost in the last one year. There are projects that were shared which my zone did not benefit," She said. As God may have it, she had recovered all the projects. The question now is where are the projects in her constituency? Because last time I checked there was none. Here are some advice for Mrs Okadigbo. Do not dent your late husband's image. Do not allow greed to take over your soul like your counterparts in the National assembly. We expect you to change and serve the people who stood by you during your court battles. In as much as we Paffcomm would not like to destroy your early political career, we shall not hesitate to be very critical on you in our next article, if you refuse to change your ways and use the constituency fund to better the lives of the people in your constituency.
Paffcomm
www.paffcomm.com
https://facebook.com/kenypaffcomm

(1) (Reply)

Post-Privatisation Of PHCN: Power Beginning To Stabilise? / Eedris Abdulkareem Blasts Obasanjo On Twitter, Calls Him Selfish, Fraudulent / video:synagogue building collapse looklike an act of attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.