Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools (20938 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / Photo News:osun Huge Model Schools : Shoes Have Sizes!!! / One Of Governor Amaech's Model Schools In Ebubu, Eleme Local Government Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Youngzedd(m): 5:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
some-girl:
Why leave important issues and tackle the easier ones? Electricity and roads are key in order to encourage investment.
What's education without the hope of a means of livelihood after graduation?

I pity you and the mugu that liked your comment. You called it easier ones right! Now tell me or show us the picture of where you attended school. Can't you see the look of schools in other country. With your comment it seems you're one of those that seat on the floor during your school days. RUBBISH.

Education is one of the major thing Nigeria need the most..

Our educational system is poo.

Enemies of progress. Park well.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
The article was on and on about owerri, with just a few lines talking about the school.

I think the governor has reduced imo state as a whole to owerri.

Hotels, hotels and more hotels.

Just a few things about the other parts of the state are worthy of note.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Lordjunta(m): 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tgen:
it is true, i am an indegene of imo and also reside there. Gov Rochas is trying, you should see the secondary school he is renovating and erecting new structures.......d one on wetheral road, close to stadium.
and which one? He rushed to build dt sch bc d ppl of Umuororonjo diffied Ikiri's oders and offerd him d sch 4 his grand finally rally whn Ikiri preventd him from using d Stadium.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
biafranqueen: how long has the construction been going on?

sometime between February / March.

I saw the white man in charge of the contract 2 days ago.
I think he came to inspect the work.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by DEGREE2466(m): 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
As for roads Rochas is trying but the problem is inferior materials
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
DEGREE2466: As for roads Rochas is trying but the problem is inferior materials

most of those roads are federal roads
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
Imanuelle:

have you seen the pictures I uploaded on the first page?

Or am I the only one that sees it ?
Yeah thanks
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by olas24u(f): 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
some-girl:
Why leave important issues and tackle the easier ones? Electricity and roads are key in order to encourage investment.
What's education without the hope of a means of livelihood after graduation?

Dont be ignorant of that fact that electricity is a national and federal issue,in the Nigerian federation ,states cant control so many things .Education is key in Nigeria,because the present people are a product of a very bad system.In the southeast ,women will be more educated than men in the future ,and the
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by ngooka: 6:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
I have not seeing any in my dear village, umuofor udo ezinihitte mbaise
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by greatgilbert: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
I will NOT send my enemy's children to those kind of primary school if that is what they are building in 2013

How can you build something like that in 2013 and call it school

Chei!!!

Very soon he will travel to London for 'check-up'.

A five year old child overseas plays with computer and can log-in and out and
can type 'Disney Jr games' or 'Nicky Jr games' or Mickey-mouse games' on google and have fun.

They can use 'spelling aids' (a game on Nicky junior)!

These children tomorrow will be the doctors in those hospital this governor will attend for his dementia in old-age!!

Please, build real school with 2013 infrastructure and help yourself to get people who will look after you tomorrow.

Stop building structres fit for cow-rearing and call them schools!
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
Shameful! Very shameful!! Imo State receives average of 8 billion naira every 4 weeks and this is what we see. It doesnt cost me 25 million naira to build up a 5 bedroom duplex in Lagos and these Politician receives approximately 8 billion naira every 4 weeks but can not build excellent schools. Whats all this BS of erecting slaps as walls for schools. This is an accident waiting to happen.

Owelle wanted to sell out the Jews of Africa to the Islamists without quality achievements, fat shame.

1 Like

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
See wetin southerners dey do 4 them education! Our own 4 north na 2 bomb skuls & 2 kill students wey dey learn. God helep us oohhhh!
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
Obiagelli:
Yeah thanks
YW
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Shameful! Very shameful!! Imo State receives average of 8 billion naira every 4 weeks and this is what we see. It doesnt cost me 25 million naira to build up a 5 bedroom duplex in Lagos and these Politician receives approximately 8 billion naira every 4 weeks but can not build excellent schools. Whats all this BS of erecting slaps as walls for schools. This is an accident waiting to happen.

Owelle wanted to sell out the Jews of Africa to the Islamists without quality achievements, fat shame.

looooool
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
This man has really done well. May God bless him n his generation
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by EasternLeopard: 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
God bless him. But he should focus more on job creation especially thru industrialization, agriculture etc which are the major things we lack in Imo state that can help the state attain financial independance.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by nig2change: 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
I can't see anything here. Pls pictures. Let's evaluate him.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by EasternLeopard: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
olas24u:
Dont be ignorant of that fact that electricity is a national and federal issue. Education is key in Nigeria
. I beg to disagree with u on d issue of education. Once u are gainfully employed u can then afford to pay 4 good education.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by cooltone: 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
Billyonaire: Shameful! Very shameful!! Imo State receives average of 8 billion naira every 4 weeks and this is what we see. It doesnt cost me 25 million naira to build up a 5 bedroom duplex in Lagos and these Politician receives approximately 8 billion naira every 4 weeks but can not build excellent schools. Whats all this BS of erecting slaps as walls for schools. This is an accident waiting to happen.

And what has your GEJ and his cabal of Boko haram done with all the money that Nigeria has earned during this oil boom apart from empowering militants and sponsoring boko haram. Remember Azazi's quote.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by nadine07: 7:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=Billyonaire]Shameful! Very shameful!! Imo State receives average of 8 billion naira every 4 weeks and this is what we see. It doesnt cost me 25 million naira to build up a 5 bedroom duplex in Lagos and these Politician receives approximately 8 billion naira every 4 weeks but can not build excellent schools. Whats all this BS of erecting slaps as walls for schools. This is an accident waiting to happen.

Owelle wanted to sell out the Jews of Africa to the Islamists without quality achievements, fat shame. [/quote. You don finish rochas........
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by EasternLeopard: 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
Many Nigeria graduates might not be able to afford university education 4 their children due to the low paying jobs they are engaged in. So to me Gov Rochas should focus on job creation through industrialization, agriculture, mining, tourism etc especially ones that pay well.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by olas24u(f): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
EasternLeopard: . I beg to disagree with u on d issue of education. Once u are gainfully employed u can then afford to pay 4 good education.

You are out your mind to think in that direction,so children should go and work first before they go to school,is that what you are saying?Knowledge sharpens your mind and allow you you to create,innovate and produce.In the future women in the southeast will dominate the civil service and top positions,because more women are in school and the men are in the market place.So what will happen in the future in the southeast.You think Rochas is not forecasting and seeing tomorrow today.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by EasternLeopard: 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ola I like u but dont insult me. My friend face reality on ground. A graduate who is not gainfully employed might not be able to send his or her children to the university that is the situation on ground.
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by flyingdove(m): 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
iI really appreciate the Governor's efforts in transforming imo state, but its so unfortunate how people of selfish minds and sycophants seems to be surrounding him...... Owelle ndigbo.....chiri gawa!!!!! Ya gaziere gi ooo!
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by jbaur24: 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
Imanuelle: The article was on and on about owerri, with just a few lines talking about the school.

I think the governor has reduced imo state as a whole to owerri.

Hotels, hotels and more hotels.

Just a few things about the other parts of the state are worthy of note.

This is serious! Is the gov that clueless?
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by olas24u(f): 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2013
EasternLeopard: Ola I like u but dont insult me. My friend face reality on ground. A graduate who is not gainfully employed might not be able to send his or her children to the university that is the situation on ground.

Primary education,secondary education and tertiary education are all different types of education.The resources at his disposal are minimal and he will have to manage the resources efficiently and effectively and his on the right track,government does not have any business with business,its business is to create policies and the right environment for investors to build industries and create jobs.More money goes into payment of salaries and if it was not a democracy what is the best option to have more money for projects.It will be to reduce the civil service and introduce information technology and reduce the human beings collecting salaries for not doing anything.Your argument is still wrong.Think
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by flexshop(m): 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hehehehehehehehehehe........ Wetheral road school is the only school actually constructed in imo state and that is because its on a major road in imo state. Which other school did they build in owerri? The last time I was there I could only count two more primary schools with a block of classroom. That's ikenegbu and aladinma. All these 120 schools is to make APC fans happy with themselves. I'm coming with a comprehensive picture of all the primary schools in owerri, the state capital when next I visit soon, chai.....Nigerians grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by jbaur24: 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
greatgilbert: I will NOT send my enemy's children to those kind of primary school if that is what they are building in 2013

How can you build something like that in 2013 and call it school

Chei!!!

Very soon he will travel to London for 'check-up'.

A five year old child overseas plays with computer and can log-in and out and
can type 'Disney Jr games' or 'Nicky Jr games' or Mickey-mouse games' on google and have fun.

They can use 'spelling aids' (a game on Nicky junior)!

These children tomorrow will be the doctors in those hospital this governor will attend for his dementia in old-age!!

Please, build real school with 2013 infrastructure and help yourself to get people who will look after you tomorrow.

Stop building structres fit for cow-rearing and call them schools!

Was wondering. Those slabs called concrete can easily fall and kill people unnecessarily. This is disaster waiting to happen. Okorocha should go and learn from Obi and Chime what real development is about. This structure is more like something built during stone age.

Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by chinakanelson(m): 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
Do u guys no d worse part,dis schools are all free asin based on scholarship.which governor has done dat
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by babadem2much(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
tnx man some jobless haters will sit under mango tree typing rubbish about dis hardworking man, tell me why devil no go piss 4 dia head? kudos 2 da Gov

Winners72: This is my man any time any day! Enemies can say wat they like
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by gidson12(m): 7:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
some-girl:

I do mind very much and I have yet to give you permission to do so, so don't thank me yet.
You may refer to yourself as such however.

Education and the abundance of SECONDARY SCHOOLS is less important in an underdeveloped country with little job prospects after graduation.

Upgrading existing secondary schools and perhaps adding a few extra schools in target areas, and providing goods roads to facilitate transportation to and from these schools would have sufficed.

You are the type of person nigerian leaders like; those who, like them, have trouble focusing on the big picture.
Mrs know all......now without basic education who's gonna work in that your job creation, and who's gonna have the knowledge to create and manage a job well, on the contrary underdeveloped countries needs basic education to be creative inother to develop itself, people shouldnt wait for government to creat jobs for them all the time education can develop your mind to creat a job for yourself thereby reducing unemployment....
for on your point about roads and electricity, BASIC EDUCATION is very important.
every government has his plan and road map on how to govern, maybe this guy just want to start with education and gradually take it up from there touching every other needs.....remember this is just 2yrs into his administration don't be so critical.......

use your head
Re: Imo Completes 120 New Model Schools by An0nimus: 7:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tgen:
it is true, i am an indegene of imo and also reside there. Gov Rochas is trying, you should see the secondary school he is renovating and erecting new structures.......d one on wetheral road, close to stadium.
The one on weatheral road them never still finish am??undecided the project has overstayed if you ask me. Owerri looks better than before to say the truth save for Douglas and a few other places. I can't speak for other parts of Imo though. Like someone pointed out, I expected more pictures when I clicked on this thread. Seeing is believing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri / CAN Calls For Nationwide Protest Against Herdsmen Killings / Governor Fintiri Vows To Demolish Houses Containing Looted Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.