Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5966212 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by hunter21(m): 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
SBS alone is more than 100 haba!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2015
rugged7:

Your argument digresses...
Your specific quote is "Numbers might be less than 100 qualified "commmandos"."
Like i said, i disagree with you on that point.
And i have given my reasons.
However, i won't go into repeated back and forth with u over this topic as it will derail the thread...
No, it doesn't.

I don't understand why you guys always feel you're being attacked when someone raises a point.

Training operators takes time and is highly expensive, from qualifying to completing training cycles.

People confuse SF with SOF. Even with powerfu world powers you'd find their SF is no more than 2000.

Let us be realistic.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
hunter21:
SBS alone is more than 100 haba!
Not all will be combat operators to be deployed for front line action.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by egesie(m): 10:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
Between NA SF training and NN SBS training, which is more intensive?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:04am On Mar 09, 2015
rugged7:
@MikeCZAR,
I'm not quite sure what u said is totally accurate.
I know for a fact that 1600 special forces troops were trained in russia over a 3 month period recently.
And i also know that regular special forces training also goes on in Kontagora.
At least 500 special forces troops were involved in the madagali-mubi-adamawa axis counter-offensive.
So i'm sure that the numbers are far larger than the 100 u quote...

3 months? That's 1/3d of a basic infantry course. Speciol forces need around 2 years of training including the selecstion before becoming a operator.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 7:46am On Mar 09, 2015
This is why i didn't want to go into this argument with u guys.
I REPEAT, Kontagora army base already holds REGULAR special ops training for the army.
The russian exercise was for already pre-qualified SF operators...
For further tactical training. .
72 Special forces battalion makurdi which reports directly to DHQ has been an SF component since 2010 at least.
I'm not making any further comment on this matter.

andrewza:

3 months? That's 1/3d of a basic infantry course. Speciol forces need around 2 years of training including the selecstion before becoming a operator.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:26am On Mar 09, 2015
rugged7:
This is why i didn't want to go into this argument with u guys.
I REPEAT, Kontagora army base already holds REGULAR special ops training for the army.
The russian exercise was for already pre-qualified SF operators...
For further tactical training. .
72 Special forces battalion makurdi which reports directly to DHQ has been an SF component since 2010 at least.
I'm not making any further comment on this matter.

Speciol forces battluon does not mean 2000 operators. If your group is that large the training is to easy.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 10:27am On Mar 09, 2015
Sbs

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cammo: 10:29am On Mar 09, 2015
Patchesagain:

lol

I think the guy in the first pic is wearing south african S2K cammo
It's not possible! angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nigerian Special forces

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nigerian Special forces

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
More

3rd photo, Spanish commando from the same exercise.

I'm Hoping NNSBS High altitude jumps were also photographed.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
egesie:
Between NA SF training and NN SBS training, which is more intensive?

They are both very intensive. The difference is, while the Navy has the SBS as their premier unit, the army has various elite units (special counter-terror, ranger, counter-force), I don't think they have that premier unit like the SBS.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian Special forces
3rd pic, the gun on the ground looks like an M4A1, are those really our soldiers? or have the NN introduced M4A1 to the SBS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
NighttWalker:
3rd pic, the gun on the ground looks like an M4A1, are those really our soldiers? or have the NN introduced M4A1 to the SBS

That's a danish S.F soldier's HK-416.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
100% Nigerian special forces operators.
Nigerian flag visible on left and right arm.

NighttWalker:
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by asorockweb: 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
andrewza:

Speciol forces battluon does not mean 2000 operators. If your group is that large the training is to easy.

I guess what some of these (SA?) guys are referring to is the American tier system for special forces (which is based on budgeting and operational scope).

The American system is not based on how good the actual operators are, but how much resources the units have access to (which usually dictates how good the units are wink )

The NA has a few SF battalions. These SF battalions have better kits and receive more training than regular infantry.

The NN SBS on the other hand is at an entirely different level.
The NN SBS operational scope goes from under sea demolition to high altitude insertion. From small-boat tactics to mountaineering. SBS has extensive operational experience in urban warfare as well ( clearing Okene and Maiduguri). And the list actually goes on and on.

The army has a unit similar to the SBS, but the navy took up the SF challenge with vigour at an earlier date.

SF is all about what you can do and how long you have been training at doing it.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nigeria27: 5:54pm On Mar 09, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
rugged7:
100% Nigerian special forces operators.
Nigerian flag visible on left and right arm.

The guy lying on the ground with a HK 416 in the foreground is a danish S.F soldier, not Navy SBS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Mauritania

Pic 4: Tunisian sniper

#Fllintlock 15

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
Yea, I agree.
Talking about the other chaps.
With Nigerian flags clearly visible...

Henry120:

The guy lying on the ground with a HK 416 in the foreground is a danish S.F soldier, not Navy SBS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
#Flintlock 15

Tunisian sniper

Chadian special forces

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 9:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nigerian SBS
Credit:New York times

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
ZSU

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 10, 2015
rugged7:
Nigerian SBS
Credit:New York times
men are well built physically, good one

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 10, 2015
After a long day's work of training, even a commando has to rest!!

Nigerian Commandos retire to their shelter.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 10, 2015
with all the billions of dollars, shey we no fit buy correct camera like this?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
Captured weapons in gombi adamawa !
The fourth picture shows a NA soldier sorting and assembling newly shipped in weapons.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
iterator24:
men are well built physically, good one
unimportant though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:10am On Mar 11, 2015
Recent Field images;

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:12am On Mar 11, 2015
Pictures continue, curled from beegeagles blog.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.