Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962594 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 28, 2017
The 9th Armored division exercise Egyptian army

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 28, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 28, 2017
inside egyptian Type-209/1400 submarine

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EMW01: 7:53pm On May 28, 2017
KDF with what appears to be AH -1 huey cobra helicopters

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:56pm On May 28, 2017
EMW01:

This is good. Kenya badly needs an Attack Helicopter, not armed or scout helicopters.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:10pm On May 28, 2017
EMW01:
Awesome!

This will finally put an end to those Mi-28 stories.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:17pm On May 28, 2017
EMW01:

Lovely

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:31pm On May 28, 2017
fabselad:
PIC 1- CAMEROON NAVY SHIP
PIC 2- BIR SURVEY BALLON.
PIC 3- BIR DRONE SURVEY OF BH CAMP
PIC 4- BIR DRONE SURVEY OF BH CAMP ATTACK
never know Cameroon operated drones which make & country of origin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:35pm On May 28, 2017
EMW01:
a big congratulations to kenya
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 9:03pm On May 28, 2017
giles14:
never know Cameroon operated drones which make & country of origin

ScanEagle Drones (6 Drones)
I guess there are other Drone Systems but it isn't easy to get info on them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaV8King(m): 12:02am On May 29, 2017
EMW01:

Pongezi Kenya, karibu and mrefu maisha to your new birds!

It seems you guys have an active and right-thinking leader in President Uhuru (whom I admire btw)

This is especially to Fidha and kikuyu whom have finally been vindicated after months of "knacking" on these boards.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 6:19am On May 29, 2017
EMW01:
i suspect dis bird might be from Israel.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:27am On May 29, 2017
tdayof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKgQs-sdemY
0:52 can someone ID the riffle with the SSS guy?

Its their usual Tar 21 covered
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:32am On May 29, 2017
EMW01:
How many unit did Kenya get.....(am loving Trump)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:32am On May 29, 2017
jteku:

Its their usual Tar 21 covered
I doubt.. If you watch till the end, the guy isn't the TAR 21. There is actually a guy with a TAR 21 in the video.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:33am On May 29, 2017
EMW01:

Well deserved.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 7:19am On May 29, 2017
EMW01:

these is a great step for the KAF.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:43am On May 29, 2017
tdayof:

I doubt.. If you watch till the end, the guy isn't the TAR 21. There is actually a guy with a TAR 21 in the video.

OK....maybe I didn't watch closely
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On May 29, 2017
kikuyu1:
Everybody wants to be a sniper! At what level should he be deployed? Section,/platoon,coy or battalion? This is determined by the distance which in turn is predicated upon by his unit's frontage,which isn't set in stone for motorised or mechanised warfare.

Typically a coy AO will have a frontage of 500 max 800 m and a battalion anything from 2 to 5 km. Mind you,these figures do vary,depending on threat level,terrain,enemy formation and other factors.
Imo,a sniper at the section or even coy level is too much. I'd go for a DMR guy,NOT SNIPER in each section,using a different variant of the same rifle as everyone else. eg,if all have SCARS,the DMR dude will have the SCAR SSR-if FN then the DMR variant,etc etc.

Imo,the snipers are a true elite shooting over 10 even 20k rounds annually and shouldn't be misused as infantry. Therefore they'd have an independent platoon sized unit,including own armourers,spotters and security attached to the battalion level operating under the commanders discretion. Since we've enough 7.62s at the firing line I'd give them .338 Lapuas,.408 Cheytacs and the multical Denel NTW 20 firing rhe 14.7 and 20 mm.

The first ranging out to 1.5 km will allow the sniper greater range over opposing 7.62 mm armed shooters. The Cheytac will shoot straight up to 2k m but lose much impact. The NTW 20 will take over and also penetrate MRAPS,LAVs and armoured cars up to 1 k.
What says thread members?

lol do u know IA uses their LMG,MMG gunners as snipers, not dedicated though grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:43am On May 29, 2017
egyptian SF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 11:01am On May 29, 2017
Nigerian Navy

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MadeOfBlaq(m): 11:40am On May 29, 2017
TrueHeart365:
Nigerian Navy
One of them has beards, do they allow it or?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 11:42am On May 29, 2017
giles14:
i suspect dis bird might be from Israel.
among the huey ll helicopters that were being refurbished in this US airport were also AH -1 huey cobra helicopters

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 29, 2017
two MEKO A 200 Algerian Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 29, 2017
Mi 24 MK III , Algerian AF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 29, 2017
T 90 SA , Algeria

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 29, 2017
chkil0:

what is the guy doing in the 6th pic grin

the guy near to the AC
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:51pm On May 29, 2017
MadeOfBlaq:

One of them has beards, do they allow it or?

That's not the Nigerian Navy. Most likely a maritime sailor.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:13pm On May 29, 2017
nemesis2u:

lol do u know IA uses their LMG,MMG gunners as snipers, not dedicated though grin

GASSSPPP! The IA has no DMR guys or snipers! How? Why?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MadeOfBlaq(m): 3:21pm On May 29, 2017
kabe1:

That's not the Nigerian Navy. Most likely a maritime sailor.
Thought as much, thanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 3:22pm On May 29, 2017
DaV8King:

Pongezi Kenya, karibu and mrefu maisha to your new birds!

It seems you guys have an active and right-thinking leader in President Uhuru (whom I admire btw)

This is especially to Fidha and kikuyu whom have finally been vindicated after months of "knacking" on these boards.
I only say what I know and not everything can be validated with pics or links. I'm actually as shocked as You! Imo,gunships should be with the aircav-let me see some guys this end and report back.
EMWO1,How many units?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 29, 2017
kikuyu1:

GASSSPPP! The IA has no DMR guys or snipers! How? Why?

DMR guys r there embedded with infantry and path finders / recon (especially ghatak platoons ) but no dedicated snipers as such, dedicated and properly equipped snipers r as of now only with SF .

but very recently there has been change of plans , new dedicated sniper rifles r being procured to replace obsolete dragonov sniper rifles with related optics etc for even infantry.

perse snipers r there everywhere but IMO they lacked the proper equipment to qualify as a sniper .training was always there but kind of handicapped with outdated weapons.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) (1166) (1167) (1168) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.