Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5972870 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
BroZuma:

That's a strongly unverified but correct probability...IEDs are not mines they are targeted munitions used in an offensive mode whilst it's relative the landmine is mostly a defensive munitions.

In the Nigerian context, it's not the absence of an IED threat that is the bone of contention.

Rather what mix of vehicles that allows the Nigerian Army to be well protected with the sort of IED threat present.

What i believe is an ideal set-up for Nigeria is a mix of mine-sweepers, MRAPs/armour and motorised infantry(hilux, kraz or sino-trucks)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2017
Henry240:

In the Nigerian context, it's not the absence of an IED threat that is the bone of contention.

Rather what mix of vehicles that allows the Nigerian Army to be well protected with the sort of IED threat present.

What i believe is ideal for Nigeria is a mix of mine-sweepers, MRAPs and motorised infantry(hilux, kraz or sino-trucks)

That is correct...and I suspect in the Nigerian sense some of the IEDs are remote controlled for maximum effect.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
patches689:

You get pressure-plate IED's these days

I watched a doccie about Royal Marines in Afghanistan and there were so many IED's in the area they were operating that they had basically zero mobility and the entire AO was essentially like something out of WW1. They also had ROE's that allowed them to shoot anyone they suspected of "spotting" for insurgents.

It took British Engineers ~2 months to clear one market place.

IED's are the new mine. You no longer need a wealthy foreign backer to seed the countryside with dormant death and completely eradicate your opponents mobility.

Pics: Froggies in Africa
you can't clear them,because that farmer or herder could plant one in a matter of seconds.his home could be an IED manufacturing plant
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2017
Sudan armed forces officers,china PLAN officers and G.A.C technicians pose in front of a FTC-2000 Fighter-trainer aircraft

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
newafricaken254:
you can't clear them,because that farmer or herder could plant one in a matter of seconds.his home could be an IED manufacturing plant

That's the point I was aiming to get across...any IED seen in the wild is targeted...some Opfor is probably closeby making a video.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Logistics support
I should have added In its protection
What's their difference in role & protection level
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2017
BroZuma:

That's the point I was aiming to get across...any IED seen in the wild is targeted...some Opfor is probably closeby making a video.
true insurgents are quick to learn,forcing you to persistently air surveillance around area of interest
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2017
off topic : it looks like pakistan army aviation will soon receive its Bell AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2017
newafricaken254:
true insurgents are quick to learn,forcing you to persistently air surveillance around area of interest

I do see footage from ISR and Interdiction aircrafts taking out IED planters ... It's so easy any one can do it even old folks are in on it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2017
The Paramount Group AHRLAC.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
Chinese naval fleet in Dar es Salaam for four-day visit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FU5tRXN2o
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
This just made my day, 2x Moroccan C-130 and a NAf C-130 landed Freetown with aid for the flood victims in that country.
I hope other countries in the region can emulate such.

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
This just made my day, 2x Moroccan C-130 and a NAf C-130 landed Freetown with aid for the flood victims in that country.

Morroco trying so hard to become a regional member. This is great tho. I really admire this and am so glad we are of help too.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2017
newafricaken254:

Which invariably serves the purpose of tying down resources that could have been deployed elsewhere...which is the unintended doctrine of asymmetrical warfare.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 11:46pm On Aug 20, 2017
newafricaken254:
off topic : it looks like pakistan army aviation will soon receive its Bell AH-1Z Viper attack helicopters
This is what the Nigerian Army should acquire !!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22am On Aug 21, 2017
Mig 25 , Algerian AF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 2:57am On Aug 21, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

GHana is sending 1 mill worth of relief items more to follow soon. vice pres is to present it today in Siara Leone. cote d'ivoire, Senegal and ECOWAS has contributed some financial support. Hope to provide some more info, pics and video content pertaining to this disaster.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 9:34am On Aug 21, 2017
@Gottfried surely we dont have 500 commandos...let alone deploy 500 commandos for Anti Poaching

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2017
... ...

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
BroZuma:

Which invariably serves the purpose of tying down resources that could have been deployed elsewhere...which is the unintended doctrine of asymmetrical warfare.
counter-insurgency isn't a cheap endeavour

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2017
newafricaken254:
counter-insurgency isn't a cheap endeavour
True
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
off topic :china newly developed GL5 active protection system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjp6oEdC3oQ
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
newafricaken254:

It's a beauty!

What about shrapnel from the exploded incoming ordinance?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
newafricaken254:

Fvcking hell man.

If you are rolling around with hatches open (common) or if the commander/gunner are sticking out then they are toast!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2017
Obostone:

GHana is sending 1 mill worth of relief items more to follow soon. vice pres is to present it today in Siara Leone. cote d'ivoire, Senegal and ECOWAS has contributed some financial support. Hope to provide some more info, pics and video content pertaining to this disaster.
Video
https://www.facebook.com/MBawumia/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2017
Henry240:

It's a beauty!

What about shrapnel from the exploded incoming ordinance?
shell lacks the kinetic force after it rended harmless by the out going canister which explodes,releasing small ball pellets in the path of the incoming shell.this is the principle used by most hard kill active protection systems
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
military strategist please let have your thought.
Our economic state is a security issue as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6genKO3H5m8

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2017
Chinese Navy's Special Operation Detachment training and exchanging skills with Tanzanian Marine Corps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B2NiTH50Xo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 4:50pm On Aug 21, 2017
x

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
newafricaken254:
shell lacks the kinetic force after it rended harmless by the out going canister which explodes,releasing small ball pellets in the path of the incoming shell.this is the principle used by most hard kill active protection systems

That's cool.

However, why still do close to the tank. Can't that be effectively countered a minimum 50 meters away?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 6:36pm On Aug 21, 2017
Henry240:

That's cool.

However, why still do close to the tank. Can't that be effectively countered a minimum 50 meters away?

50m away could double the cost, means more rader detection range,more quick response,and maybe bigger intercepting munition(protective charges). In fact the GL5 radar detection range is 100m,while Russian Arena-E APS has the detection range 50m.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1340) (1341) (1342) (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: DaddyKay007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.