Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,983 members, 7,835,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5993172 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 24, 2017
Demfas Aerosystems secured Radio

I read there is a pending export order for 530 secured radios. cool

3000 units for a Nigerian agency.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 24, 2017
Nigerian Defence Industry

First Indigenous Radio Frequency Solutions Industry In Nigeria and West Africa. Radio communication systems,RF Jammer, NVG, Signal repeater etc

The Demfas Aerosystems MR1 ensures safe communications. Features include:
DMR
Encryption
Long lasting battery
SMS function

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:09am On Aug 24, 2017
Royal Moroccan Air Force KC-130H Hercules

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:32am On Aug 24, 2017
SA's National Sea Rescue Institute free a trapped whale smiley

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:01am On Aug 24, 2017
one day...

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee(m): 8:02am On Aug 24, 2017
Henry240:
NNS Shiriro(P185) and NNS Ose (P186) due to be delivered to the Nigerian navy from France.

The Nigerian navy ordered 4 Inshore Patrol Vessels from Ocea in France in 2016. The boats are between 27 meters to 36 meters in length. All aluminium.

Why are we still buying this sort of IPVs when we can actually make them angry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2017
slimthugchimee:

Why are we still buying this sort of IPVs when we can actually make them angry

I think it is because it is built from Aluminium.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:08am On Aug 24, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Defence Industry

The Nigerian defence sector continues to experience some phenomenal growth. You begin to wonder why we haven't pursued the defence and security industry sector more vigorously in the past.

Nigerian company, Demfas Aerosystems now has a response to drones right across the world.

Drone gun with a range of 1200m launched, and it's proudly made in Nigeria.

Cc.Tdayof

Proudly Naija & impressive.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
@Frumentus

Is anyone in the Army talking about re-structuring our career streams?

For example, adopting something similar to the American MOS system?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2017
Lt Lancashire of British army 3 Rifles delivers Forward Operating Base training to students whilst Department Commander of, Kenyan Defence Academy looks on

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
Kenya defence forces students demonstrate their understanding of Forward Operating Base defence by constructing picket wire fortifications

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
Saffers,seen this:
South Korea’s Korea Space Industries (KAI) is reportedly offering indigenously-built FA-50, a light attack variant of the T-50 supersonic trainer, to the Botswana Defence Force (BDF) for “affordable acquisition and low-operating cost” as compared to its European competitor.

As per secret document obtained by Sunday Standard daily titled “FA-50 for the Botswana Defence Force: The right choice for the future” dated May 2017 suggests KAI is wooing the BDF to give preference to FA-50 over other fighter jets manufactures especially Swedish Gripen fighter manufacturer Saab.

Apart from highlighting cost-effectiveness in the document, KAI mentioned other benefits like “proven weapon capability, efficient training pipeline and extensive training for indigenous operation...dedicates to Botswana Aerospace (Training Human Resource)”.

Price,as many have said it seems is a major MAJOR selling point.

[
b]Comparing their FA-50 T-50 to Swedish Gripen fighter jets, the South Koreans say the two fighter jets have same size, same engine similar performance but “competitor’s (Gripen) life cycle cost is estimated as three times to FA-50”, the report says.[/b]

Describing itself as a “trustworthy partner for the Botswana Defence Force,” KAI promises to provide BDF with instructional systems development (ISD) training not only for FA-50 but also for PC-7 and T-50 fighter jets.
[url]http://www.defenseworld.net/news/20...r_Alternative_To_Sweden_s_Gripen#.WZ64j1EjFPY
[/url]

One TA 50 is 35mn$. Grip,C,D,E and F range from 70mn -80mn$.

http://nationsdawnofanera.weebly.com/-fighter-aircraft.html

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
37 kenya defence force students with British army 3rd RIFLES instructors opening the Forward Operating Base T3 course at the School of Infantry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
kikuyu1:
Saffers,seen this:

Price,as many have said it seems is a major MAJOR selling point.

[
[url]http://www.defenseworld.net/news/20...r_Alternative_To_Sweden_s_Gripen#.WZ64j1EjFPY
[/url]

One TA 50 is 35mn$. Grip,C,D,E and F range from 70mn -80mn$.

http://nationsdawnofanera.weebly.com/-fighter-aircraft.html

Why's the gripen expensive then? What's that special thing?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
Royal morocco air force C-130

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2017
Henry240:

Great news, but not concrete enough.

Exactly. He was more of the yak 130. In my opinion, these guys are more concerned about aircrafts capable of destroying BHT. They should do more about air superiority or multirole aircrafts.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saintjoel(m): 2:24pm On Aug 24, 2017
http://saharareporters.com/2017/08/24/borno-scores-feared-killed-boko-haram-terrorists-ambush-nigerian-army-troops

When will The Nigerian army learn how to do things properly. How can you move troops without artillery cover or air support.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
Henry240:

Great news, but not concrete enough.
Actually I read this from one of the tabloid magazines last night.I refused to post because of it's squalid reputation.
Having said that.Indications are emerging that Nigeria and Russia did meet on the sidelines.
There is credible evidence to suggest that Nigeria as they did during the GEJ will send triservice troops to Russia.
As far as procurement goes, although Baby steps IMHO, it is very likely that:
Artillery Systems will be procured
The Defence Minister wouldn't go to South Africa. just to sign a training agreement.He can do that in Abuja , these are baby � however these talks for a fighter jet Henry started last year from the Russians.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2017
Patented:
http://punchng.com/nigeria-to-buy-mig-fighters-artillery-equipment-from-russia/
there is no smoke without fire, me thinks something big is coming from Russia.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
Henry240:
NNS Shiriro(P185) and NNS Ose (P186) due to be delivered to the Nigerian navy from France.

The Nigerian navy ordered 4 Inshore Patrol Vessels from Ocea in France in 2016. The boats are between 27 meters to 36 meters in length. All aluminium.

Now you know how to build your own patrol ships make sure you tear every system in this vessel apart to improve your own capacity. wicked but that is how we role nowadays. Make your own go get what you don't have at the moment and let not say steal but improve improve. grin grin grin grin grin cool cool

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
tdayof:

Exactly. He was more of the yak 130. In my opinion, these guys are more concerned about aircrafts capable of destroying BHT. They should do more about air superiority or multirole aircrafts.

Well the MIG 29 is less than $20million apiece and Yak makes more sense as a lead in trainer for a MIG than for COIN. Yak is too fast and too weak for COIN. think COIN aircraft is settled on the Super Tucano. This other acquisition is for more strategic stuff

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2017
saintjoel:
http://saharareporters.com/2017/08/24/borno-scores-feared-killed-boko-haram-terrorists-ambush-nigerian-army-troops

When will The Nigerian army learn how to do things properly. How can you move troops without artillery cover or air support.
Move troops without artillery cover? Where you in a hurry to type?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2017
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-130
There is a role for the YAK130 aircraft in the light attack recon role and i see it specifically to eventually replace the L-39 I t also can be upgraded to even a 4th to 5th Generation at $15+ a pop plus training + infrastructure + parts you are looking at maybe $17.5~$20 M that is expensive for an Advanced Trainer
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saintjoel(m): 5:15pm On Aug 24, 2017
Odunayaw:
Move troops without artillery cover? Where you in a hurry to type?

What I meant by artillery cover was just there could be a way the ambushed troops could call for artillery cover while the pull out of the ambush zone,that's unless the area is highly populated by civilians. I think troop movements can be planned with artillery support as the shells will start landing immediately the ambush is sprung.

******** Just my opinion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:17pm On Aug 24, 2017
LTGEN:

Actually I read this from one of the tabloid magazines last night.I refused to post because of it's squalid reputation.
Having said that.Indications are emerging that Nigeria and Russia did meet on the sidelines.
There is credible evidence to suggest that Nigeria as they did during the GEJ will send triservice troops to Russia.
As far as procurement goes, although Baby steps IMHO, it is very likely that:
Artillery Systems will be procured
The Defence Minister wouldn't go to South Africa. just to sign a training agreement.He can do that in Abuja , these are baby � however these talks for a fighter jet Henry started last year from the Russians.
My heart raced when I saw Mig & Yaks ...say what now!
Or have we given up on the JF-17s? Have the Paks pissed us off?
Naturally It should be JFs and a Chinese LIFT( L-15) no?
IMHO there is nothing we need more from Russia than Tanks,Utility Helos, probably IFVs. SA has better Artillery for the love of biscuits

Make we siddon with kunu de look sha
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
Please can someone confirm which of the mig Nigeria intend to buy along with the Yak-130.

Nigeria is considering purchasing Russian military equipment and is particularly interested in MiG fighters, Yak-130 aircraft, artillery equipment and armoured vehicles, Defence Minister Mansur Dan-Ali told Sputnik on Thursday.
“The Russian equipment that could be of our interest are MiG fighters and some artillery equipment.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/241405-nigeria-considers-buying-fighter-planes-artillery-others-russia.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
saintjoel:

What I meant by artillery cover was just there could be a way the ambushed troops could call for artillery cover while the pull out of the ambush zone,that's unless the area is highly populated by civilians. I think troop movements can be planned with artillery support as the shells will start landing immediately the ambush is sprung.

******** Just my opinion.
2 things are set to happen if Artillery Is used in a reactionary manner

1. Blue on Blue accident
2. Civilian casualty

As far as am concerned the Army should stop sending patrols without armored vehicles in tow

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2017
LTGEN:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-130
There is a role for the YAK130 aircraft in the light attack recon role and i see it specifically to eventually replace the L-39 I t also can be upgraded to even a 4th to 5th Generation at $15+ a pop plus training + infrastructure + parts you are looking at maybe $17.5~$20 M that is expensive for an Advanced Trainer
Are you sure HMOD isn't following Jakeporeshenko's idea of scaring the Paks to start taking us serious?

Any Trainer/LCA we need must be a trainer that will serve as Lead in trainer for any 4/4_5 gen craft we'd buy unless we r back to the era of buying without policy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2017
This guy was right all this while. There is no smoke without fire.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1343) (1344) (1345) (1346) (1347) (1348) (1349) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.