Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5967235 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09am On Oct 10, 2017

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 10, 2017
Nigerian Army PF ARA MRAP

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 10, 2017
NAF COMMISSIONS MULTI-PURPOSE FITNESS CENTRE IN NAF BASE YENAGOA

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has commissioned a multi-purpose fitness centre at its base in Yenagoa, as part of efforts to promote the physical fitness of its personnel. The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who was represented by the Air Officer Commanding (AOC) Mobility Command, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) Steven Onuh, performed the commissioning. The representative of the CAS noted that the military is an institution, which undertakes a lot of physical activities and as such must be physically and mentally alert.

AVM Onuh expressed hope that the fitness centre would go a long way in boosting the morale of NAF personnel to achieve the desired level of preparedness to cope with the operational commitment of the NAF in the ever changing security environment. The AOC further stated that physical fitness is not only a prerequisite for operational preparedness but also a key determinant of the overall wellbeing of individuals. According to him, the NAF has embarked on massive promotion of physical and sporting activities by upgrading facilities and constructing well-equipped fitness centres across its bases in the country. He then reminded personnel of the responsibilities the security challenges in the country have imposed on the Armed Forces and therefore advised personnel to avail themselves of the advantage of the fitness centre.

In his remarks at the occasion, the Senior Air Staff Officer (SASO) of Mobility Command, AVM Awoyoola expressed appreciation to the CAS for providing the befitting fitness centre. According to him, upon assuming office, the AOC Mobility Command embarked on the establishment of a mini sports ground for the personnel aside from other sporting initiatives to encourage participation of personnel in sports. He added that the newly commissioned fitness centre would thus further encourage personnel in the Command to participate in sporting activities. He also stated that the Command’s decision to name the fitness centre after the CAS was in appreciation of his dynamic leadership style and his constant efforts towards infrastructural development in NAF Base Yenagoa. The new gymnasium has ultra modern body fitness equipment and table tennis boards, in addition to other facilities.

DOPRI

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 10, 2017

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nyaber33: 8:26am On Oct 10, 2017
Kenya Military Academy cadets together with Moi Forces Academy school students perform external community service environmental clean-up exercise from Kiondo to Dundori Forest.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nyaber33: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2017
KDF airforce officer with colleagues from the army in somalia

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2017
Henry240:
Awesome cheesy the infantry corps is having a fill of this beauty.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 12:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Army PF ARA MRAP
Intimidating, if theres a 6x6 variant it will be scary !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
newafricaken254:
continue.....

Its been written that a maintenance culture would save us ALL BILLIONS! The opportunity cost of such wastage is truly tragic-remember the Jags? Brand new frames allowed to rot for want of a bleeping hangar. Sometimes I almost weep for us.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
kikuyu1:

Its been written that a maintenance culture would save us ALL BILLIONS! The opportunity cost of such wastage is truly tragic-remember the Jags? Brand new frames allowed to rot for want of a bleeping hangar. Sometimes I almost weep for us.

Kenya had jags in service ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Henry240:
great but for me the steering is too close,
is this vehicle drive over an IED troops may survive but am not sure the driver will live to tell story.as a result from internal bleeding
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
giles14:
is this vehicle drive over an IED troops may survive but am not sure the driver will live to tell story.as a result from internal bleeding

You can always adjust the seat.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
tdayof:

You can always adjust the seat.
that will be great
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
giles14:
that will be great

I just checked the rg33 steering it's almost the same and the Oshkosh own too.

You can look up pictures through google.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2017
giles14:
I see where you are coming from, but the seats can be adjusted. That's not a problem, only a matter of moving the seat forward or backwards.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nigerdeltaboi:
Awesome cheesy the infantry corps is having a fill of this beauty.
I'm telling you bro, it is such a beautiful vehicle. I'm so impressed by it.
My hope is, we are able to get another type of Light Modular Armoured Vehicle(LMAV) in addition to the PF2. Then a 6x6 version of the ARA, also a tracked APC.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway7575: 2:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
Actually the interior looks very good. I love the paddings. Seats and steering wheels can easily be adjusted. Size of the wheel can also be adjusted if needed. We'll know how and what they will modify after trials.

giles14:
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nok234:

Intimidating, if theres a 6x6 variant it will be scary !
A 6x6 version mounted with a 30mm cannon would be it for me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
Henry240:

A 6x6 version mounted with a 30mm cannon would be it for me.

IMO 2 axis stabilized 20mm will be optimal firepower solution

30mm cannon will add weight + weight of ammo + passengers

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2017
nemesis4u:

IMO 2 axis stabilized 20mm will be optimal firepower solution

30mm cannon will add weight + weight of ammo + passengers
You take out 3 passengers, weight saved can be taken up by the 30mm.

20mm is good, but less powerful.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
Henry240:

You take out 3 passengers, weight saved can be taken up by the 30mm.

20mm is good, but less powerful.

yeah that can be done but the no of passengers reduced might be higher

only the guys working on it will know for sure when they go for such changes

anyways it will be a good idea to get high caliber firepower on ara be it 20/25/30 mm
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
Henry240:

I'm telling you bro, it is such a beautiful vehicle. I'm so impressed by it.
My hope is, we are able to get another type of Light Modular Armoured Vehicle(LMAV) in addition to the PF2. Then a 6x6 version of the ARA, also a tracked APC.
spot on boss cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 10, 2017
Beech1900D HISAR Multi Mission Surveillance Aircraft , Algerian AF

Mounted under the fuselage in a large fairing is the HISAR. The aircraft are also equipped with Sky Guardian ESM and Wescam Type 16 FLIR and SIGINT function also was added .

HISAR An adaptable airborne surveillance system that incorporates multiple sensors, air and ground workstations , and data links to fit a variety of mission needs. The system’s Multimission Radar (MMR) performs real-time processing, and operates in all weather, night or day, making it the perfect choice for a diverse range of applications in surveillance and reconnaissance, environmental monitoring, and maritime surveillance. The high-resolution synthetic aperture MMR also features ground moving target indication, wide area coverage, long range, a sea surveillance mode, and detailed narrow sector search abilities. The multisensor options include forward-looking infrared (FLIR) sensors, as well as medium- and long-range optical sensors . This multiplatform turnkey solution is lightweight and adaptable, designed for installation on a variety of fixed-wing aircraft, including unmanned aerial vehicles. The HISAR radar is small enough to fit on an executive turboprop or jet. It is integrated on a number of platforms, including the King Air 200 and Beech 1900D, the de-Havilland-7 and -8, and the Grob Egrett (a German/US high-altitude long endurance manned single turboprop aircraft made out of composites, with a wingspan similar to a Boeing 737). HISAR™ 2K adds tethered aerostat compatibility.

HISAR is Raytheon’s turnkey offering to the airborne surveillance and reconnaissance market in the $10m to $30m-per-system class. A HISAR system in this class includes the airborne platform, sensors, ground station and a complete logistics package. Designed to perform a variety of missions, HISAR can be used for border surveillance, maritime patrol, environmental monitoring, detection of oil spills and other disasters. It also can be a valuable aid in curbing the drug trade, gun smuggling and other illegal activities. With its real-time, all-weather, day or night surveillance capabilities, the system is readily adaptable to a host of current and evolving needs.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2017
Algerian1:
Beech1900D HISAR Multi Mission Surveillance Aircraft , Algerian AF

Mounted under the fuselage in a large fairing is the HISAR. The aircraft are also equipped with Sky Guardian ESM and Wescam Type 16 FLIR and SIGINT function also was added .

Like those green patterns.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 10:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
As people are very quick to post supposedly bad news, I will just drop this one here.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/nigerian-army-denies-killing-of-30-soldiers-by-isis/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 10:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
newafricaken254:
continue.....

Old Bedfords never die! grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 1:57am On Oct 11, 2017
I don't know how effective much this kind of kick, as part training is. Yemen

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 2:52am On Oct 11, 2017
kenya defence forces training in Exercise Swift Eagle with Jordanian Armed Forces in Aqaba, the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.continues

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 2:54am On Oct 11, 2017
Hrmnn:

Old Bedfords never die! grin
still see them in nairobi hauling sand,ballast and other construction material,from and to constructions sites
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:35am On Oct 11, 2017
rka2:
As people are very quick to post supposedly bad news, I will just drop this one here.

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/nigerian-army-denies-killing-of-30-soldiers-by-isis/

Apart from the pictures released by BHT, they also released a video propaganda in which I personally have seen years ago and is still very much present on Sahara reporters YouTube page.

Bokoharam got jokes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 11, 2017
"Even monsters need horses".

The PF ARA MRAP is off to state trials with the Nigerian Army.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 11, 2017
President Buhari receiving briefing from service chiefs at the State House.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.