Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5971386 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
kikuyu1:

What did they do? Were they in Burma with the 82nd div fighting for Queen and colony? No son,Otto and his Jap allies freed us! Throw away your fake history books. Btw,there's a movie on SS Mann Funk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYFcgj19wlY

Btw,how much were they paid? How did it compare to their white 'Allies?'

READ MORE AND GET A CLUE!
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/sep/03/world.secondworldwar
i believe before you open your flap you honestly should know what you are talking about.Nigerians fought EXTENSIVELY in WW2. My great uncle fought in WW2 in Burma, NIGERIANS fought up to division strength in WW2 and it affected many lives. The tone of which you adopted of saying blacks fought in WW2 IS PATENTLY false, ADMISSION into the SS was rigorous and intensive and proof of ARYAN ancestry was required, photo imposed pictures are the order of the day.
War historians including myself understood the tenacity with which the Germans fought WW2 but please do not glorify or try to re-write history. The Nazis did not regard the black man as human beings and rarely took them as prisoners of War. The well documented massacre of
African -American Soldiers in Belgium is still there with a memorial in their honor, next time you are in BELGIUM visit the place.
The British did not pay hundreds of thousands of African service men , the Empire was broken and the Sun had set and Africa moved on with the independence movement. If the NAZIS had won there would be no KENYA and you my friend might still be in a concentration camp.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
Il-76 ,

algerian AF

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
off topic :Eurofighter jet crashes in Spain, killing pilot

MADRID (Reuters) - A Eurofighter combat jet plane crashed near a military base in southeastern Spain on Thursday, killing its pilot, an emergency services spokesman said.Local emergency services received a call at 1009 GMT informing them that the plane had crashed on farmland around the Los Llanos base near the town of Albacete, the spokesman said.

The jet had been taking part in a military parade to commemorate Spain’s national holiday and crashed on its return, a defence ministry spokesman said.

The causes of the accident were being investigated, the ministry added in a note.[url]http://www.reuters.com/article/us-spain-crash/eurofighter-jet-crashes-in-spain-killing-pilot-idUSKBN1CH1JN?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FworldNews+%28Reuters+World+News%29[/url]
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
Algerian1:

The Il-76 are also very active like the C 130 fleet , and spotted all around te world

pics 1, 2 : Il-76 crews , not sur if it was taken during the visit to south africa

Those pics were taken during Amani Africa II in SA but not with SANDF personnel. The pic I posted was a few weeks ago for "diplomatic supplies". Usually, you guys do it with a C-130 which usually stops at ORT for the Supply Run and then goes to Denel Aviation for Level 3 MRO before flying home. This time round it was the Il-76, which brings up questions as to the cargo. Whatever it was, too big for Lanseria Airport and a C-130; enough to interest our SSA grin grin grin.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2017
Companions to Oscar, the anti-poaching Guiness record-holding dog with wings:

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
...fin.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2017
For 8 years in a row, the CSIR is the best company to work for in South Africa. For the initiated, the CSIR is South Africa's research institution where guys like Denel consult for some high tech gizmos. They're currently working on the SARA that Frumentius hates.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
GreenandGold:
For 8 years in a row, the CSIR is the best company to work for in South Africa. For the [b]un[/b]initiated, the CSIR is South Africa's research institution where guys like Denel consult for some high tech gizmos. They're currently working on the SARA that Frumentius hates.

Denel Aviation is wasting scarce R & D funds on the un-loved SARA, not the CSIR. My mates at the CSIR Defence section would rather work on projects with realistic prospects!
Like driver-less tanks, for example. Or mine/IED-resistant boots etc.

Hell, the world-first bio-mimicry antenna for jungle ops is more deserving of funds than the ego-driven SARA that clue-less politicians have been punting! angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nigerian army

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 12, 2017
My personal favourite, the PF2! A.K.A Mini-monster

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
ARA MRAP, Nigerian army cool

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
GreenandGold:
For 8 years in a row, the CSIR is the best company to work for in South Africa. For the initiated, the CSIR is South Africa's research institution where guys like Denel consult for some high tech gizmos. They're currently working on the SARA that Frumentius hates.

As I always say, I never paid much attention to my science class otherwise I would be here. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
frumentius:

Denel Aviation is wasting scarce R & D funds on the un-loved SARA, not the CSIR. My mates at the CSIR Defence section would rather work on projects with realistic prospects!
Like driver-less tanks, for example. Or mine/IED-resistant boots etc.

Hell, the world-first bio-mimicry antenna for jungle ops is more deserving of funds than the ego-driven SARA that clue-less politicians have been punting! angry angry angry

Come on, driverless tanks.... So what's gonna happen? We get an MK1 Olifant and throw in some sensors in it then get it to fight in the African bush? Hehe, ain't you the one who really dislikes sensors...?

As for the SARA, I personally like it for "look at us we created an aircraft" kinda thing. It helps boosting Denels portfolio, unless you create something big, the world is hardly impressed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 12, 2017
Nok234:

I hope so, and if there is a 6x6 variant this vehicle can be the stardard MRAP of the Nigerian Army... Hope the Army will say something in the news.
We are not trying to re-invent the wheel with Proforce products. We have taken available tech and made it out own.

The vehicle cannot be the standard just yet, however it is out there, and would compete with the vehicles we already have in service for it's category.

In the future, it could be the standard vehicle of the Nigerian army's protected mobility.

A 6x6 variant can be produced, there is nothing to it. However at this point, this version is more than adequate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2017
GreenandGold:

Something like DARPA?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
Henry240:
My personal favourite, the PF2! A.K.A Mini-monster

What MRAP is that in background?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
tdayof:

What MRAP is that in background?
Streit group Typhoon MRAP.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by peterphd(m): 10:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
Off topic.

I saw a large contingent of NA personnel today in makurdi,6 luxurious buses If I can estimate .guys can y'all tell us what is happening? Is the python dance getting to this zone too lol. Thanks in advance.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
SupremeCourt:

Airbags protects driver very well from steering impact. ARA has airbags that deploy if extreme shock, crash or explosion.
my first time of hearing military/combat vehicles having airbag.

the ara mrap must be unique

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Come on, driverless tanks.... So what's gonna happen? We get an MK1 Olifant and throw in some sensors in it then get it to fight in the African bush? Hehe, ain't you the one who really dislikes sensors...?

As for the SARA, I personally like it for "look at us we created an aircraft" kinda thing. It helps boosting Denels portfolio, unless you create something big, the world is hardly impressed.

The CSIR is looking at a driver-less tank solution that will cost less than $50K! Retrofitted to the multituted of Soviet tanks out there - Ukraine, for example - it's certainly a real world application. The AI tech on its own is worth a bundle!!! The Israelis -no slouches when it comes to tank tech - are interested, and I daresay, if we pull this off, it will be on the same same scale as our V-shaped anti-mine tech. The exception being this time we'll properly patent it because we're not sanctioned.
A few countries are working on the same thing, and currently, we might just have a global edge and we should be pouring more money into it than SARA! shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 12, 2017
tdayof:

Something like DARPA?

No. Yes.

No because the majority of the CSIR's work is civilian related.

Yes because the CSIR's defence department does similar work to DARPA.

The entire CSIR budget is miniscule compared to DARPA, even though it's among the top 30 research institutes in the world, according to research output.

FUN FACT: There are more Nigerian-born nuclear physicists at the working at the CSIR than at the top-ranked Nigerian university(2015-2016).

Whilst I applaud the retention of African talent on the continent, it should be retained at the country of origin, or at the least in the region.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
frumentius:

The CSIR is looking at a driver-less tank solution that will cost less than $50K! Retrofitted to the multituted of Soviet tanks out there - Ukraine, for example - it's certainly a real world application. The AI tech on its own is worth a bundle!!! The Israelis -no slouches when it comes to tank tech - are interested, and I daresay, if we pull this off, it will be on the same same scale as our V-shaped anti-mine tech. The exception being this time we'll properly patent it because we're not sanctioned.
A few countries are working on the same thing, and currently, we might just have a global edge and we should be pouring more money into it than SARA! shocked shocked shocked

Interesting.

But let's not forget that SARA is Denel's while this dream robot tank is CSIR's. But again, didn't the UN outlaw "killer robots"?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2017
Me say, if the CSIR needs to research something on the defense side of things then they must look into creating some new cash-in-transit vehicle tech. The thugs have found ways to blow open vehicles not even the Iraqi insurgents were able to.... That's over 200 vehicles with military grade steel blown open this year.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Interesting.

But let's not forget that SARA is Denel's while this dream robot tank is CSIR's. But again, didn't the UN outlaw "killer robots"?
Don't know? but they certainly didn't ban flying killer robots(UAVs)!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 1:21am On Oct 13, 2017
frumentius:

Just drove down from Oudtshoorn and took a detour through Somerset West and saw Ferrets, Elands, Panhards, Buffels etc at a security company compound and truck dealership. Am in Langebaan for a week and will try to get photos.
Watch this space.

Please do! Wonder if any are in running condition. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 13, 2017
PF ARA MRAP rear view

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 13, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 13, 2017
Off-topic

Nexter's VBCI Infantry Fighting Vehicle with a 40mm turret

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 13, 2017
It seems there are 2 prototypes of the ARA, or changes have already been implemented on the original prototype.

For one, the exhaust of the PF ARA has been moved from it's earlier position which was underneath the vehicle to the side of the vehicle.

The exhaust is now above the cabinets.

Pic 1, 3 weeks old photo

Pic 2 & 3, recent

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 8:08am On Oct 13, 2017
I think the UN Banned fully autonomous killer robots not just unmanned killer robots. IN essence they banned killer robots that can make the decision to kill on their own.
ActivateKruger:

Interesting.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:12am On Oct 13, 2017
LTGEN:

i believe before you open your flap you honestly should know what you are talking about.Nigerians fought EXTENSIVELY in WW2. My great uncle fought in WW2 in Burma, NIGERIANS fought up to division strength in WW2 and it affected many lives. The tone of which you adopted of saying blacks fought in WW2 IS PATENTLY false, ADMISSION into the SS was rigorous and intensive and proof of ARYAN ancestry was required, photo imposed pictures are the order of the day.
War historians including myself understood the tenacity with which the Germans fought WW2 but please do not glorify or try to re-write history. The Nazis did not regard the black man as human beings and rarely took them as prisoners of War. The well documented massacre of
African -American Soldiers in Belgium is still there with a memorial in their honor, next time you are in BELGIUM visit the place.
The British did not pay hundreds of thousands of African service men , the Empire was broken and the Sun had set and Africa moved on with the independence movement. If the NAZIS had won there would be no KENYA and you my friend might still be in a concentration camp.

Dude,don't get emotional! How did terms of service,pay and conditions compare with their white 'Allies?' The Germans had at most maybe 1200 blacks and biracials in service-a few actually served with the SS,though all served under the same terms as the majority,regardless of the unit. If you want to research further abandon your MSM teachings-fyi,Indians,Arabs,Slavs and other so called untermensch had their own SS formations. Look it up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:25am On Oct 13, 2017
Patented:
I think the UN Banned fully autonomous killer robots not just unmanned killer robots. IN essence they banned killer robots that can make the decision to kill on their own.

Which would make Frumentius killer robot tank a waste of research resources. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.