Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5975770 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian and Canadian ships conduct exercise maneuvers at sea.

More like a Canadian Rust Bucket and a Nigerian ship.
I hope NN is planning a replacement for the two ex-US ship circa 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian and Canadian ships conduct exercise maneuvers at sea.

More like a Canadian Rust Bucket and a Nigerian ship.

Actually two of their ships participated.

HMSC Kingston and HMSC summerside
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:34pm On Mar 18, 2018
tdayof:

Actually two of their ships participated.
HMSC Kingston and HMSC summerside
For Obangame yes?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:54pm On Mar 18, 2018
And here I thought the worst was behind us... Only to be reminded , "you snooze, you get boomed! "

Kenyan Inspector General of Police, Joseph Boinnet, on Wednesday, revealed chilling details of the recent foiled terror attack, which is said to be one of the most successful arrests in recent times. The terror suspects arrested in Isiolo last month, one of whom had booked a hotel room for almost a week near the Central Police Station, were targeting the Judiciary buildings and a government installation. Mr Boinnet said that the vehicle with registration number KBM 200D that was seized from the suspects in Merti, Isiolo County, was laden with approximately 80kg of high-grade Trinitrotoluene (TNT) explosives. The police boss revealed that the vehicle, which would have been used as a Suicide Vehicle Bound Explosive Device (SVBIED), was set to be driven to Nairobi and would have killed hundreds of innocent civilians. A police investigation revealed that one of the suspects, Abdimajit Adan, 24, had booked a hotel room near the Central Police Station 10 days earlier, and only travelled to Merti on the day he was arrested, leaving a note to the hotel management pleading for them to reserve the same room for him because he would be back. He was arrested alongside Mohammed Nane on Thursday, February 15, after a brief exchange of fire. Police found five AK-47 assault rifles, 1,099 rounds of ammunition, and 36 fully loaded magazines in their car. A third suspect was killed at the scene in Yamincha, while two others escaped. It emerged after the vehicle was towed to Nairobi for scrutiny that the suspects had laced it with eight projectiles and shrapnel materials around its body. Each of the ranged weapon, according to Mr Boinnett, contains approximately 10kg of TNT. The shrapnel in it include ball bearings meant to maximise causalities when it explodes. The police boss said if the terrorists had been successful, the SVBIED would have caused a high magnitude explosion that would have brought down a building frontal structure while the explosion wave would have killed hundreds of Kenyans. An expert attached to the Bomb and Hazardous Disposal Unit explained that just a kilogramme of TNT can cause destruction in up to 11 metres radius from the epicentre. The recovered explosives weighed 100kg in total. The objective of the destruction and murder, the police boss said, was to spread fear, attract attention of local, regional and international media and to embarrass government security forces so that they overreact and appear repressive. The police had three days after arresting the suspects in Merti, nabbed two more suspects and found them with receipts of two motorcycles.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2018
Those AKs look new

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 7:57pm On Mar 18, 2018
Salute to the security services

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2018
Why is the S.African government not doing anything about Suidlander terrorist group? They have been preparing to stage a coup or civil war since 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6WtjqgIjk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT3CLYhrCyA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fanatique: 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
Tinfoil:
Why is the S.African government not doing anything about Suidlander terrorist group? They have been preparing to stage a coup or civil war since 2006

oh leave them. they are just a bunch of bored white supremacist bastards. They don't have the balls to become terrorist, if they did they would have done that before they even came up with that cute logo of theirs. Boko Haram doesn't care for social appeal enough to have a cute logo, neither does ISIS or all the known terrorist groups. There is a lacking of men with Balls south of the African continent. You see to stage a militancy you need balls, lots of balls. Men with balls of different shapes but consistent sizes. Balls with scars on them, red balls,brown balls, black balls all sorts of balls. You need people who are willing to create fear with violence because thats the whole point of terrorism.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2018
...anyone interested? It's about to go down.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2018
Odunayaw:
For Obangame yes?

Bros I'm not sure if its for obangame. Plus are you going in for the Navy Or army?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:03am On Mar 19, 2018
Fidha254:
Those AKs look new
those are type-56-2 Rifles and probably were captured from somalia national army soldiers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:04am On Mar 19, 2018
Fidha254:
Those AKs look new
those are type 56-2 rifle probably captured from somalia national army
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:17am On Mar 19, 2018
Fanatique:
oh leave them. they are just a bunch of bored white supremacist bastards. They don't have the balls to become terrorist, if they did they would have done that before they even came up with that cute logo of theirs. Boko Haram doesn't care for social appeal enough to have a cute logo, neither does ISIS or all the known terrorist groups. There is a lacking of men with Balls south of the African continent. You see to stage a militancy you need balls, lots of balls. Men with balls of different shapes but consistent sizes. Balls with scars on them, red balls,brown balls, black balls all sorts of balls. You need people who are willing to create fear with violence because thats the whole point of terrorism.
they want doors to be opened in the west,for them to immigrate.already Australia minister is proposing to pass such a law.i think when they talk about civil war,they are talking about the collapse of south africa .as they see things are heading in south africa,not them starting a civil war
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 19, 2018
Tinfoil:

Firstly they are a tiny organisation(first time I've ever heard about them)

Secondly they are not a terrorist group, neither have they ever planned to stage a coupe or start a civil war....... Or engage in any sort of violence..... Ever!!

What they are is a bunch of superstitious afrikaners that believe there will be a civil war, which they need to prepare an emergency plan for......as ridiculous as their beliefs are, they certainly aren't a terrorist group.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 19, 2018
newafricaken254:
they want doors to be opened in the west,for them to immigrate.already Australia minister is proposing to pass such a law.i think when they talk about civil war,they are talking about the collapse of south africa .as they see things are heading in south africa,not them starting a civil war
100%!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:34am On Mar 19, 2018
tdayof:

Bros I'm not sure if its for obangame. Plus are you going in for the Navy Or army?
Army
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 9:12am On Mar 19, 2018
I guess only the camera lived to tell the tale......or was it just the memory card?
frumentius:
Kruger National Park, like a boss grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 19, 2018
Political systems change, uniforms change, but the suck remains constant.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
saengine:
SA SF wink

Great news. That insta account now has official approval, as long as he submits his posts for pre-screening!!!
No ops pics and anything not in the public domain. It's a start, and may it filter down towards having an enlightened media policy.

The Millennials and their mores are here and the SANDF and other militaries have to adapt accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
Odunayaw:
Army

Odunayo, are you taking the uniform?
Good on you mate! cheesy cheesy cheesy
As I told Algerian1, as a university graduate, prepare to be singled out by basics instructors. Nothing personal, but those NCO instructors want to get the measure of the men and women on officer track who'll command "their" troops.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2018
Odunayaw:
Army
Baba, emi naa mbo.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 1:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
Odunayaw:
Army
Why not Airforce or Navy?
tdayof:

Baba, emi naa mbo.

shocked shocked cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
Xbee007:

Why not Airforce or Navy? shocked shocked cheesy

I have always loved the military. Airforce tho.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2018
jln115:

100%!!
Cyril Ramaphosa need to hurry up and revive the south africa economy,so that this issue can be forgotten for the moment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:50pm On Mar 19, 2018
frumentius:

Odunayo, are you taking the uniform?
Good on you mate! cheesy cheesy cheesy
As I told Algerian1, as a university graduate, prepare to be singled out by basics instructors. Nothing personal, but those NCO instructors want to get the measure of the men and women on officer track who'll command "their" troops.
Yes Sir I am but its all hush hush, momma is paranoid grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
frumentius:
Political systems change, uniforms change, but the suck remains constant.
pure horror! I have a horrified look when I see this "octopus"

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
tdayof:

Baba, emi naa mbo.

grin mo'n duro
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
Xbee007:

Why not Airforce or Navy? shocked shocked cheesy
Am not a sea boy (never have ,never will)
The other option is my first love
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
I will not question the choices people make; hell, I'm joining a think-tank in a year's time.
But there's something disturbing when an entire SF patrol (4 men) is lost to a PMC operating in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The SANDF cannot compete with the salaries on offer, but we should do better to improve the Reserve system. In preparation for my impending exit, I've been looking at the Reserve Force and my god, is it an ossified system. It still operates as if conscription exists and doesn't incentivise Reserve Officers, in gainful employment and wanting to donate their time and skills.

Conclusion: fully-staffed reserve units across all 4 arms are possible, if the SANDF gets its act together!

PIC: post-94 SF patrol troop now lost to the SANDF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
Odunayaw:
Yes Sir I am but its all hush hush, momma is paranoid grin

"It's a dangerous thing we're about to do now, [Odunayo]".
Mate, take it 1 day at a time and hopefully with you soon in the officer corps, mortars will soon take their rightful place in the Nigerian Army orbat grin grin grin.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 2:17pm On Mar 19, 2018
What do you think of changing the law to allow these guys to take extended leave to do contracting jobs ?
SF and Task Force invest a of of time and money in training them. Doesn't make sense to me to just disavow them for trying to make some money on the open market.
It would also allow the gov. to have more control over how and where they operate. The current prohibition doesn't seem to achieve anything.

frumentius:
I will not question the choices people make; hell, I'm joining a think-tank in a year's time.
But there's something disturbing when an entire SF patrol (4 men) is lost to a PMC in operating in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The SANDF cannot compete with the salaries on offer, but we should do better to improve the Reserve system. In preparation for my impending exit, I've been looking at the Reserve Force and my god, is it an ossified system. It still operates as if conscription exists and doesn't incentivise Reserve Officers, in gainful employment and wanting to donate their time and skills.

Conclusion: fully-staffed reserve units across all 4 arms are possible, if the SANDF gets its act together!

PIC: SF patrol troop now lost to the SANDF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
Odunayaw:
Am not a sea boy (never have ,never will)
The other option is my first love
I was once shortlisted for Nigerian Navy but refused to go. Me and water don't mix too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: eddie7 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.