Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5966330 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
More

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
Oga Henry these picture tell me Proforce is being patronized. But how come we don't get to see the products outside?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2015
Fynline:
Oga Henry these picture tell me Proforce is being patronized. But how come we don't get to see the products outside?

We see many of there hilux products been used, just that the PF products are not yet widely popular.

It is this same process that is used in building Vehicles like Streit MK3, IGIRIGI and MRAPs. We ordinarily should have no business importing vehicles such as LAVs or MRAPs. We already have the capabilities we require to meet a good percentage of our needs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

We see many of there hilux products been used, just that the PF products are not yet widely popular.

It is this same process that is used in building Vehicles like Streit MK3, IGIRIGI and MRAPs. We ordinarily should have no business importing vehicles such as LAVs or MRAPs. We already have the capabilities we require to meet a good percentage of our needs.

I totally agree with u, we should change our design to look like the MRAP's and little bit of innovation, and before we know it we r already exporting !
You asked I very good or made a very good comment;"we should have no business importing vehicles such as LAV's or MRAP's" !?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:

I agree with you on the Hilux. As far back as 2011 i was some of Proforce's Hilux products in Bauchi State. But for the other products like their LAV, i have never set my eyes on any. It was the LAVs i was referring in my initial post
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
jln115:
looks like the battle jacket the 32 battalion always used to wear, don't know the exact name though! Could also just be the standard m83 without the rear backpack.

Hopefully @frumentius can clarify.

Custom job for the SF - a cross between Molle and the 32 Bat Cartucheira.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
frumentius:

Custom job for the SF - a cross between Molle and the 32 Bat Cartucheira.
Thanks for the feedback mate! It's much aprciated!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
SA Navy replenishment ship.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 7:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
Henry120:
Bonus image;

How cool is this, 25 USAF C-130J's in take-off formation.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
damnnnnnn this is cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
Nigeria COIN

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 25, 2015
Fynline:

I agree with you on the Hilux. As far back as 2011 i was some of Proforce's Hilux products in Bauchi State. But for the other products like their LAV, i have never set my eyes on any. It was the LAVs i was referring in my initial post

bidexiii:

I totally agree with u, we should change our design to look like the MRAP's and little bit of innovation, and before we know it we r already exporting !
You asked I very good or made a very good comment;"we should have no business importing vehicles such as LAV's or MRAP's" !?

I do not know whether it is inferiority complex, lack of self-confidence or plain old ignorance but African countries who have simply refused to patronise african products would continue to remain perpetual poor, stup1d and insignificant.

Tactical vehicles are of different classes, the above vehicles are used in Anti-Terror Operations across the world. The Turks, Ukrainians, Egyptians, South-East Asians all use very similar vehicles for ATO and law enforcement.

I think a thread contributor, @Exjoker, did say he spotted a few units on there way to Taraba.

Excerpt if production levels cannot be met, vehicles like the Streit Cougar, MKIII, musketeer and wolf should not be imported.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:30am On Jun 25, 2015
Henry120:

I do not know whether it is inferiority complex, lack of self-confidence or plain old ignorance but African countries who have simply refused to patronise african products would continue to remain perpetual poor, stup1d and insignificant.

Tactical vehicles are of different classes, the above vehicles are used in Anti-Terror Operations across the world. The Turks, Ukrainians, Egyptians, South-East Asians all use very similar vehicles for ATO and law enforcement.

I think a thread contributor, @Exjoker, did say he spotted a few units on there way to Taraba.

Excerpt if production levels cannot be met, vehicles like the Streit Cougar, MKIII, musketeer and wolf should not be imported.
You forgot corruption in African procurement systems.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 25, 2015
Nigerian Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 25, 2015
SAAF Gripen

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 25, 2015
the late kenyan airforce pilot LT martin sula miheso

http://lieutenant-miheso..com/2013/09/lieutenant-miheso-pilot-training.html

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
africaken:
25 March 2003 a blue-on-blue incident resulted in a challeger 2 getting destroyed after another challeger 2 mistook it for enemy .a HESH round hit the open commander's hatch lid of the challeger 2 tank sending hot fragments into the turret, killing two crew members. The strike caused a fire that eventually led to an explosion of the stowed ammunition.with no armour on top side of the turret most of this modern tanks face the same vulnerability and with TOW-2B top-down attack variant and the new china made HJ-12 a copy of US javelin with top-down attack capability and which china is going to flood in the world arms market .also we dont even know what the russians are developing. this is a weakness most ATGM manufacturer are keen on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqpu7P28Svs

You wont see the same catastrophic failure that the T-72 suffered in the video due to superior ammo storage designs in Western MBT's

But yes, i did not think of a top down attack on a chally - suppose we shall have to wait and see
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
lionel4power:
i'm sure you will agree with me that every war scenerio is quite different. Technicals have their own advantages over heavier armour, but their uses are limited. Not all conflict is insurgency related. Some countries still have real enemies to combat. (go tell north korea to start buying technical) Light armoured skinned and fast vehicles cannot be used in the initial stage of any war so whats the point. Here in Nigeria the military started making gains against the terrorists up north when the introduced the T-72 tank. While the technicals were being eaten up by 14.2mm and 23mm tripple A's. And remember not all part of Africa is desert. We have marshland and swamps abundant.

Please answer this question and be honest. During an ambush, which type of vehicle will you rather be in? A olifant tank or caspir mrap?

Yes, a mix of tracked and wheeled is the best solution - which is what i said when this discussion started.

The ratio is dependant on the terrain and operational context.

North Korea and South Korea is naturally bad terrain for wheeled vehicals due to a lack of space for maneuver - and excellent infrastructure that negates the need for wheeled vehicals.

In an ambush? Well, to be honest, considering what happened to the Isrealy Merk's that ran into HAMAS and the performance of SAA T-72's in Alleppo and the Damascus suburbs... an IFV that I can get the hell out of quickly
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
sorry i had to remove that video because we are getting threatened

Interior CS Joseph Nkaissery has directed media houses to take down footage exclusively acquired by itv.com, showing the failed al Shabaab attack on a KDF camp in Baure, Lamu county on June 14.

In a statement to newsrooms, Nkaissery termed the content of 47-second video clip as "incendiary" content that serves to popularise the propaganda of the militia group.

- See more at: http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/nkaissery-orders-media-pull-down-botched-al-shabaab-attack-video-or-face-legal-actions#sthash.tg7DNh9E.dpuf
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/nkaissery-orders-media-pull-down-botched-al-shabaab-attack-video-or-face-legal-actions#sthash.tg7DNh9E.dpbs

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
buhari is travelling out again. What do you guys think of his so many trips? Sorry for derailing a bit.

And pls, do you guys know how to make meme? This Buhari government go suffer for my hand as Jonathan suffer for their hand. @sagamite , i am asking you too.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
craziebone:
buhari is travelling out again. What do you guys think of his so many trips? Sorry for derailing a bit.

And pls, do you guys know how to make meme? This Buhari government go suffer for my hand as Jonathan suffer for their hand. @sagamite , i am asking you too.
Change!

He has to!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
craziebone:

He has to build new relationships, mend old ones. Attract investors, negotiate deals ect...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
patches689:

Yes, a mix of tracked and wheeled is the best solution - which is what i said when this discussion started.

The ratio is dependant on the terrain and operational context.

North Korea and South Korea is naturally bad terrain for wheeled vehicals due to a lack of space for maneuver - and excellent infrastructure that negates the need for wheeled vehicals.

In an ambush? Well, to be honest, considering what happened to the Isrealy Merk's that ran into HAMAS and the performance of SAA T-72's in Alleppo and the Damascus suburbs... an IFV that I can get the hell out of quickly
well true... But you cannot over emphasize the importance of heavy armour in all spectrum of warfare.
Well in the said ambush, the best way of surviving it is to solidly fight through it cohesively, and heavy armour is a sure advantage.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sagamite(m): 8:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
craziebone:

With the damage Jonathan did to Nigeria's international image, I can see the reasons for the international travel.

Secondly, Nigeria's best President so far, who is obviously now an informal advisor to Buhari, OBJ, did a lot of these traveling too after taking over from a useless government.

As a leader of a regional power, which is also still dependent on foreigners, I think the role calls for this.

I don't create memes.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dalumoat(m): 8:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Why can't he send the foreign minister when he appoints someone

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is not a Nigerian Politics discussion thread. If anyone wants to discuss Nigerian Politics, the Politics section is wide open!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 26, 2015
Centrifude:

He has to build new relationships, mend old ones. Attract investors, negotiate deals ect...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 26, 2015
Student Pilots of the Nigerian Army Air Corps.

Circa 2010, NA had already trained 40 Army pilots.

https://beegeagle./2012/07/04/implementation-of-orbat-2010-nigerian-army-train-40-helicopter-pilots-for-army-aviation-•-special-forces-battalion-to-be-expanded-to-brigade-strength-•-k9-teams-set-up-at-divisi/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 26, 2015
patches689:

You wont see the same catastrophic failure that the T-72 suffered in the video due to superior ammo storage designs in Western MBT's

But yes, i did not think of a top down attack on a chally - suppose we shall have to wait and see
in future because we can't continue adding weight to tanks active will be the only solution

check out how this TOW-2b take out this full armed tactical T-72

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUMxZ34Ptco
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
an ethiopian airforce Hind hit by a manpad over Mogadishu shortly before it crash during the 2007 invasion
http://cominganarchy.com/2007/04/01/the-situation-in-somalia/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by hunter21(m): 3:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
[quote author=IbnSultaan post=35161529][/quote] Is the third picture a recent picture
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 4:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
hunter21:

Is the third picture a recent picture

Very Very old pic
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
hunter21:
Is the third picture a recent picture
no

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.