Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5992543 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) (1871) (1872) (1873) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2019
Henry240:
South-African Bush War Soldiers.

Apparently the South-African army spent nearly 27 years fighting in Angola.

Honestly, it was an in-an-out thingy. The fighting would be done in quick raids and quickly dash back to Namibia. The only guys who almost had a permanent presence were the Recce units doing recon. As soon as bases were found, ground or air raids would occur.

The only time the war got really conventional (with ground formations and heavy equipment) was in 1988, this was when the politicians discovered it wasn't worth it, there was no point in occupying in Namibia, it could have later escalated to a regional confrontation.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 07, 2019
Nigerian navy

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2019
NAF training special forces K9 units. It seems in collaboration with a South African private security company.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:13pm On Jun 07, 2019
shadowprimezero:
NAF training special forces K9 units. It seems in collaboration with a South African private security company.
possibly Paramount
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2019
HUMAN CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT: NAF TRAINS K-9 UNIT FOR SPECIAL OPERATIONS

Twenty personnel and 20 dogs of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Canine (K-9) Unit are currently undergoing advanced training in South Africa to enhance their capacity in the areas of Explosives Ordinance Detection (EOD), Narcotics Detection and Special Operations. The Special Operations training covers tracking, rappelling, waterman-ship and other special terrain training aimed at equipping members of the Unit with requisite skills to operate with NAF Special Forces (SF) personnel in Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) situations where they would be required to rescue downed aircrew, especially in denied environments. The special operations dogs would also be employed to support emergency responders in times of disasters to locate survivors.

At the end of the training, some of the personnel would be deployed as instructors at the newly established Air Police Training Centre (APTC) Kerang, Plateau State. The APTC’s location in Kerang is expected to enhance coordination of CSAR activities and training with the 205 CSAR Group, which is also based in Kerang.

The NAF K-9 Unit was established in 2016 by the incumbent Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar. Under his leadership the Unit has grown steadily over the last 4 years to a total of 39 well-trained dogs deployed at major Nigerian Airports, NAF Units and Theatres of Operation across the Country.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 1:18pm On Jun 07, 2019
off topic
what do you think of the Ganduje/Sanusi issue?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 07, 2019
Nigerian Army Aviation personnel in America

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
Saffas,tell us-can we expect anything new from Ramaphosa? Will he increase your defence budget to a level commensurate with a GDP per capita of 7000$,1.2 m km2 and continental ambitions? Will we see at least one more squadron of Grips,with one twin engine deep strike FSB squadron along with the implementation of the rest of delayed projects like more lift or more of the same? If as frumentius,it was IIRC who said,"the Grips will fly til they fall out of the sky," that will be a loss for all Africans.
Anything cooking?

Edit: I specifically recall Eeben Barlow saying on his blog a Western diplomat actually told him outright:"SA is too large and would ideally be broken up into at least 3 different nations." !!? Jack Miller may be just testing the waters with his 'Free the Cape,' noise,but maybe not! Saffas,don't get caught offside.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2019
Henry240:

African armies don't usually have aviation wings. Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, RSA rotary aircrafts are used by the individual "airforces" of the respective countries. This trip to the US is very important.

If you're talking about the avaition wing of a developing country, then, yes we are. We're under-studying the Army Avaition Wing of the Colombian army.

Umm.....no. Some say an army aviation wing also has fixed wing as own lift ,like the British Army Air Corps with Apaches,Gazelles,Pumas and Islander light transport but not necessarily. Here we have the independent 50 aircav I've mentioned at least twice here. Formed in '81 they're the KDF aviation wing though strictly gunships with transport remaining with the KAF.
They began with 35 MD 500s but 2 years ago got the more modern MG 530s and 10 or so Z9s which should reach at least 2 squadron strength (24) in 2 years. That's the publicly admitted ToE which I'm told will change dramatically by 2021-22.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
kikuyu1:

[s]Umm.....no. Some say an army aviation wing also has fixed wing as own lift ,like the British Army Air Corps with Apaches,Gazelles,Pumas and Islander light transport but not necessarily. Here we have the independent 50 aircav I've mentioned at least twice here. Formed in '81 they're the KDF aviation wing though strictly gunships with transport remaining with the KAF.
They began with 35 MD 500s but 2 years ago got the more modern MG 530s and 10 or so Z9s which should reach at least 2 squadron strength (24) in 2 years. That's the publicly admitted ToE which I'm told will change dramatically by 2021-22[/s].
What are you talking about?

I clearly stated "don't usually". Please read and understand properly.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2019
kikuyu1:
Saffas,tell us-can we expect anything new from Ramaphosa? Will he increase your defence budget to a level commensurate with a GDP per capita of 7000$,1.2 m km2 and continental ambitions? Will we see at least one more squadron of Grips,with one twin engine deep strike FSB squadron along with the implementation of the rest of delayed projects like more lift or more of the same? If as frumentius,it was IIRC who said,"the Grips will fly til they fall out of the sky," that will be a loss for all Africans.
Anything cooking?

Edit: I specifically recall Eeben Barlow saying on his blog a Western diplomat actually told him outright:"SA is too large and would ideally be broken up into at least 3 different nations." !!? Jack Miller may be just testing the waters with his 'Free the Cape,' noise,but maybe not! Saffas,don't get caught offside.

Simple answer. No. Not anytime soon. No cash.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 4:30pm On Jun 07, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw-6qIRMtJU
lil documentary of th cameroonian army
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
Toju200:
possibly Paramount
was about to say wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2019
Nigerian navy pilots

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
Off-Topic

Russian Airborne Forces, VDV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
MiddleDimension:
off topic
what do you think of the Ganduje/Sanusi issue?
wrong thread
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2019
Henry240:

What are you talking about?

I clearly stated "don't usually". Please read and understand properly.

Calm yourself! Didn't you say,'African armies,don't usually have aviation wings?' I corrected you with the example of the KDF 50 aircav. Where's the beef?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 07, 2019
kikuyu1:

Calm yourself! Didn't you say,'African armies,don't usually have aviation wings?' I corrected you with the example of the KDF 50 aircav. Where's the beef?
Bros, do you have a comprehension problem?

Don't usually simply means in rare cases. 1 out of 1000.

Yes, I have always been aware that Kenya Army operates an air wing. It's not new information.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2019
Henry240:

[s]Bros, do you have a comprehension problem?[/s]

Don't usually simply means in rare cases. 1 out of 1000.

Yes, I have always been aware that Kenya Army operates an air wing. It's not new information.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gasha91: 6:29pm On Jun 08, 2019
Ethiopian Air Force

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
Nigerian army delegation from the Defence Industry Corporation of Nigeria at IDEF in Turkey

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
kikuyu1:

Calm yourself! Didn't you say,'African armies,don't usually have aviation wings?' I corrected you ( u supported his point) with the example of the KDF 50 aircav. Where's the beef?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2019
US Special Forces Oshkosh M-ATV MRAP hit by an IED today in Niger Republic.

There seems to be so many foreign soldiers in Cameroun, Niger and Chad.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
Nigerian navy documentary coming soon.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 09, 2019
Nigerian Air Force Gulma UAVs

There are 2 different Gulma prototypes, notice the tails of both aircrafts.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2019
Henry240:
US Special Forces Oshkosh M-ATV MRAP hit by an IED today in Niger Republic.

There seems to be so many foreign soldiers in Cameroun, Niger and Chad.
Sorry but i think all US troops in Cameroon have left
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 09, 2019
fabselad:

The distribution of bases suggests that the U.S. military is organized around three counter-terrorism theaters in Africa: the Horn of Africa — Somalia, Djibouti, Kenya; Libya; and the Sahel — Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Burkina Faso,” says Moore,

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/01/u-s-military-says-it-has-a-light-footprint-in-africa-these-documents-show-a-vast-network-of-bases/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2019
fabselad:

@Blackdalia called you out for your hypocrisy. I'll prefer you maintain that hypocrisy when you engage with others not me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2019
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force Gulma UAVs

There are 2 different Gulma prototypes, notice the tails of both aircrafts.
that's an advance version cos has totally tsaigumi design look at it's wings and front tyre.then check the first version of the gulma

(1) (2) (3) ... (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) (1871) (1872) (1873) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.