Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,258 members, 7,853,287 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:44 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019623 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 03, 2019
MiddleDimension:

you mean by NATO. it is the code name given to it by NATO. the Russian nick-name for it is the full-back.
Full-back is it's NATO name. It's nick name in Russia is "Duckling". It looks like a Duck.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 03, 2019
Nigerian ATV civilian version.

IPV-1 was adapted from this.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 03, 2019
Nigerian army IPV production.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2019
Tribute to HK LMGs! These guns are effing fantastic-built off the original G3 they're also closed bolt and share half of all parts. However,they're rare,especially in Africa though in Kenya they're much loved by anyone whose compared with an M60 or 240. Its nearly a whole 5 kg lighter and has a 30% higher rate of fire than the former. This KDF guy has the HK 11 7.62 NATO. Btw,I've seen it written the first SEALS preferred this to the 5.56 mm Stoner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmkAYNfuE9Q

This short vid shows the reasons why everyone loved them-also he knows WTF he's talking about!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 8:55am On Jul 03, 2019
Henry240:

Full-back is it's NATO name. It's nick name in Russia is "Duckling". It looks like a Duck.
i must have got it wrong, then. the nose looks like a duck's beak.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2019
MiddleDimension:
i must have got it wrong, then. the nose looks like a duck's beak.
no need to argue the jet looks like a duckbill platpus

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 11:33am On Jul 03, 2019
Man, this rifle is really reliable,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwSJiAwoMpY

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2019
NAF JET NEUTRALIZES 20 ARMED BANDITS NEAR MUNHAYE IN ZAMFARA STATE

The Air Component of Operation HADARIN DAJI has neutralized no fewer than 20 armed bandits at a location near Munhaye in Zamfara State in air strikes conducted yesterday, 2 July 2019. The operation was executed sequel to credible intelligence reports indicating that scores of armed bandits had assembled at the location for a meeting, supposedly with the intention of attacking innocent civilians in the surrounding communities.

The Air Component therefore scrambled a Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Alpha Jet to attack the location, which is about 15 kilometres from the boarder with Katsina State. Upon arrival overhead the area, the Alpha Jet observed over 30 armed bandits attempting to flee the location whilst firing at the approaching attack aircraft. The Alpha Jet engaged the bandits with effective fire, neutralizing 20 of them.

The NAF, working in consonance with other security agencies, will sustain its operations to flush the bandits out of the Northwest of the Country.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
Mali Air Force

MI-35M Hind E, all weather , day & night attack helicopter.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2019

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2019

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2019

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:33pm On Jul 03, 2019
Btw,has anyone noticed-there's very little Brit heavy metal anywhere on this page or the related ones. Our KN has a pair of late 80s Vosper Thornycraft gunboats,the Nyayo and Umoja. Our 6 remaining Hawks have been in storage over a decade with the last Strikemaster taking to the air in 2002!
The SAAF still has Hawks as does the IAF but does anyone still buy their big ticket defence items-their Challengers and Type 45 destroyers etc,etc;I know Algeria flies the Lynx. Eg, who's buying the Chally 2 replacement ,the Ajax with its 12 mn$ price tag?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2019
kikuyu1:
Btw,has anyone noticed-there's very little Brit heavy metal anywhere on this page or the related ones. Our KN has a pair of late 80s Vosper Thornycraft gunboats,the Nyayo and Umoja. Our 6 remaining Hawks have been in storage over a decade with the last Strikemaster taking to the air in 2002!
The SAAF still has Hawks as does the IAF but does anyone still buy their big ticket defence items-their Challengers and Type 45 destroyers etc,etc;I know Algeria flies the Lynx. Eg, who's buying the Chally 2 replacement ,the Ajax with its 12 mn$ price tag?

The Brit's defense industry is still top-notch but their defense budget is falling fast.

You know without proper funding and local patronage, the industry will start losing its edge.

It's like their political class is trying really hard to self destruct the military complex.

Critics are saying that they lack backbones.

Their once powerful Navy is on the decline, their type 45 destroyer is always suffering malfunction.

Most of their submarine fleet don't go out to seas, they've withdrawn their highly successful upholder class diesel electric subs with no replacement in sight.

I think they've forfeited global presence for regional dominance. Their only far away commitment is the Falklands island.

Thank heavens that they managed to build 2 nuclear aircraft carriers.

They've cut their F-35 orders to a few dozens.

The Brit's Chally 2s are still currently one of the best MBT out there. Also, their new family of Ajax AFV are awesome too.

I don't think the Ajax was meant to replace the Chally 2 though.

But you have to understand that their real market base is in the middle East. Oman, Jordan, Bahrain etc. Not in Africa.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2019
lionel4power:

The Brit's defense industry is still top-notch but their defense budget is falling fast.

You know without proper funding and local patronage, the industry will start losing its edge.

It's like their political class is trying really hard to self destruct the military complex.

Their once powerful Navy is on the decline, their type 45 destroyer is always suffering malfunction.

Most of their submarine fleet don't go out to seas, they've withdrawn their highly successful upholder class diesel electric subs with no replacement in sight.

I think they've forfeited global presence for regional dominance. Their only far away commitment is the Falklands island.

The Brit's Chally 2s are still currently one of the best MBT out there. Also, their new family of Ajax AFV are awesome too.

But you have to understand that their real market base is in the middle East. Oman, Jordan, Bahrain etc. Not in Africa.

Hope you don't mind, but just a few points to correct/alter.

The Type 45 destroyers were having problems in hot climates because the destroyer was underpowered and that is about to be addressed as they have to cut into the hulls to replace the propulsion systems.

The Upholder Class was sold to Canada as they wanted to maintain an all nuclear powered submarine fleet.

HMS QEII & HMS POW are not nuclear powered. They are powered by 4 diesel engines as well as a Rolls Royce main engine.

Apart from the Falklands, the Royal Navy also deploy to the Caribbean during hurricane season to assist dependent territories and others. Also, they have set up a new naval base in the Middle East HMS JUFAIR in Bahrain.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2019
lionel4power:

Did you do any research before coming to these conclusions? undecided undecided

I highly doubt you did.

The UK spends over 2% of GDP on Defence. Nearly 50 billion dollars.

NATO threshold is 2%. Many countries in NATO including Germany do not spend up to 2% of GDP on Defence.

On the F-35s, the UK currently has 17 units of the B model in service. They are to serve on their new aircraft carriers. The UK has pledged to buy 138 F-35Bs.

How you came to a conclusion that they have cut their F-35s to only a few numbers is a pigment of your imagination.

My brother, how can an Infantry Fighting Vehicle replace a Main Battle Tank? Haba Bros undecided

There new aircraft carriers are not nuclear powered.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
I don't think lionel4power did any research before he went after the UK
https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2019/01/10/uk-defense-chief-f-35-jets-are-ready-for-operations/
This took me 2 minutes to locate.
1. The UK will be investing in its air force to the tune of $1B
2.T hey are signed up to buy a minimum of 48 F35 as their first tranche and that number would reach 100+ regardless of whatever they decide to do with the TEMPEST
3. The UK with two of the most ultra modern Aircraft Carriers at $1B+ / each, can reach any part of the world and thus remains a Nation not to be trifled with at any point in time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
Algerian el mellah schoolship at Portsmouth UK

Today pics july 3

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2019
Sukhoi 24 M2 . AAF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2019
BRDM-2

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2019
Henry240:

i can see it is the most advanced helo we have in our arsenal. are there better ones out the in the world? how do you compare this with the apache?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2019
Henry240:

Did you do any research before coming to these conclusions? undecided undecided

I highly doubt you did.

The UK spends over 2% of GDP on Defence. Nearly 50 billion dollars.

NATO threshold is 2%. Many countries in NATO including Germany do not spend up to 2% of GDP on Defence.

On the F-35s, the UK currently has 17 units of the B model in service. They are to serve on their new aircraft carriers. The UK has pledged to buy 138 F-35Bs.

How you came to a conclusion that they have cut their F-35s to only a few numbers is a pigment of your imagination.

My brother, how can an Infantry Fighting Vehicle replace a Main Battle Tank? Haba Bros undecided

There new aircraft carriers are not nuclear powered.

That's right about the F-35, which I forgot to mention. LTGEN provided the info.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 03, 2019
MiddleDimension:

i can see it is the most advanced helo we have in our arsenal. are there better ones out the in the world? how do you compare this with the apache?
It's not even the best helicopter in Russia. There are many helicopters better than the MI-35M, however countries don't buy military equipment based on the best, but based on requirement.

As such the MI-35M is the best Helicopter for Nigeria based on requirement, as we have a state of the art machine we can also be used to ferry a squad of soldier should that requirement comment. Just like the fire force unit I've been talking about these past few days.

The MI-28NM might be the most advanced helicopter in Russia, there's the KA-52, Apache and Viper. Perhaps the T-129 from Turkey, although that's very very debatable.

The Apache, depends on the version though, is better than the MI-35M.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2019
Henry240:

It's not even the best helicopter in Russia. There are many helicopters better than the MI-35M, however countries don't buy military equipment based on the best, but based on requirement.

As such the MI-35M is the best Helicopter for Nigeria based on requirement, as we have a state of the art machine we can also be used to ferry a squad of soldier should that requirement comment. Just like the fire force unit I've been talking about these past few days.

The MI-28NM might be the most advanced helicopter in Russia, there's the KA-52, Apache and Viper. Perhaps the T-129 from Turkey, although that's very very debatable.

The Apache, depends on the version though, is better than the MI-35M.
Mi28>Ka-52.....don't know about that one!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 03, 2019
jln115:
Mi28>Ka-52.....don't know about that one!!
I meant the NM version. Not the NE or UB versions.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 6:43am On Jul 04, 2019

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

I meant the NM version. Not the NE or UB versions.
More advanced than the ka-52 alligator??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2019
jln115:
More advanced than the ka-52 alligator??
Have you seen the NM version?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2019
Nigerian soldier

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

Have you seen the NM version?
before we debate this further...... is the NM even in service yet??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 04, 2019
jln115:
before we debate this further...... is the NM even in service yet??
Yes, the Russian Air Force has started taken deliveries.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:46am On Jul 04, 2019
lionel4power:

When it comes to the main factors influencing weapons system buys price/reliability/survivability and after sales package Johnny Brit ishyt just can't compete!

Their Strike Master used to have a wing root problem-it would bend!
The Royal New Zealand Air Force’s Strikemasters (where they were affectionately known as ‘Blunty’s’), [b]and those of the Royal Saudi Air Force suffered progressive fatigue problems, particularly with cracking of the lower spar boom of the wing. [/b]Repair schemes, using boron fibre compounds, were only partially successful, and despite British Aerospace reducing the fatigue life of the wing, and modifying flight profiles, the end was in sight
https://shortfinals.org/2010/12/19/bac-strikemaster-powerful-cousin-of-the-jet-provost/

The KAF Hunters were excellent but the CPFH,specifically the spares were just too high. In a world of rebuilt Su 25s costing 15 mn$ a piece and 3.3 mn$ a year to fly who needs a Hawk 200 whose FAC is 3x that?

http://nationsdawnofanera.weebly.com/-light-attack--training-aircraft.html

The Chieftain MBTs sold to Iran early 70s were ahead of their time with 120 mm guns and good armour but had serious engine problems,especially overheating-also the sights were difficult to line up moreso when moving. IIRC,more were destroyed by engine fires than in actual combat.
The Chally 2's role is debatable in a battlefield of T 90/Merk 4's with APS's. The mod wants to do away with tanks-ENTIRELY! Ajax will fulfill the anti tank role. True,only the ME lacks the structures to interrogate these buys-here's the Romanian experience on how they typically operate.
Earlier this week a Romanian navy chief, Admiral Victor Blidea, said his navy could have bought surplus Dutch frigates three times more cheaply than the secondhand purchase of HMS London and HMS Coventry, which needed extensive new equipment and were costly to maintain. BAE is trying to negotiate further deals with Romania to maintain the ships and sell more equipment, which could more than double the total cost to £250m, in Romania’s biggest arms purchase. It has already sold Romania a consignment of redundant Stingray torpedoes.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/jun/15/bae.armstrade

When democracy comes to the Arab world BAE will effing starve!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Toju200(m), NTSA, CaptainStephen(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.