Stats: 3,162,918 members, 7,852,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:32 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1888) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6017974 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:59am On Jul 04, 2019
I'm reliably informed by a 3rd hand Western intel contact the much loved perpetually photographed Ug Sues aren't flying. I've heard from buddies passing through Entebbe since late last year they're simply sitting on the tarmac-well,its official.
M7 claimed they were in case of a Nile waters battle with Egypt (!?) and their 350+ air frames though IDK how many EAF planes are flying but it was the usual dictators syndrome of wanting to be the biggest in all things. Here in Nairobi the knowledgeable screamed with laughter after confirming the acquisition was real in 2011-one made a bet with me swearing they'd be grounded within 5 years;he was late 3 years,ohh well! The 70 mn FAC and 7 mn$ a year running costs have overwhelmed a 5th world nation. What if the money had gone to Su 25s and choppers? Imagine the opportunity cost!?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

Yes, the Russian Air Force has started taken deliveries.
no they haven't, it hasn't even entered service yet.

Only 2 experimental prototypes have been handed over.....but so far no production models have been delivered.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 04, 2019
jln115:
no they haven't, it hasn't even entered service yet.

Only 2 experimental prototypes have been handed over.....but so far no production models have been delivered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNzYG0cOX2Q

Serial Mi-28NM, modernized Ka-52 helicopters unveiled at Army-2019
(link: https://tass.com/defense/1065564) tass.com/defense/1065564

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:50am On Jul 04, 2019
Good morning house it seems I have seen the design of the Nigeria air Force NAFSA eagle Aircraft.....but I can't upload the pics....it's showing me low memory cry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 04, 2019
Toju200:
Good morning house it seems I have seen the design of the Nigeria air Force NAFSA eagle Aircraft.....but I can't upload the pics....it's showing me low memory cry
Are you talking about a CGI design or the below photo?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

Are you talking about a CDI design or the below photo?
nope...the full digital design pls send me ur WhatsApp number so I will send it for u......
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNzYG0cOX2Q

Serial Mi-28NM, modernized Ka-52 helicopters unveiled at Army-2019
(link: https://tass.com/defense/1065564) tass.com/defense/1065564
and?? Where does it state that it has entered service.... Regardless I still don't see how one can so easily state that the mi28nm is more advanced than tge latest ka52.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2019
Toju200:
nope...the full digital design pls send me ur WhatsApp number so I will send it for u......
Wow!!!!!!!

That's fantastic.

It might mean the picture is above 4mb, that's why you can't upload it.

Security concerns bro.

You can in-mail to @Bidexiii here on nairaland.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 04, 2019
jln115:
and??
What does Serial MI-28nm mean?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:32am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

Wow!!!!!!!

That's fantastic.

It might mean the picture is above 4mb, that's why you can't upload it.

Security concerns bro.

You can in-mail to @Bidexiii here on nairaland.
sure
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 04, 2019
Toju200:
sure
Bidexiii, how far?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

Bidexiii, how far?
pls sorry....I will send it later I am busy...pls.. thanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

Bidexiii, how far?
oga Henry pls ur email address.....I need em. Am unable to send message via nairaland
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 04, 2019
Toju200:
oga Henry pls ur email address.....I need em. Am unable to send message via nairaland
henry240henry@yahoo.com
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 11:42am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

henry240henry@yahoo.com
sent it.... smiley It has the same design as the compair ACA 9 defender Aircraft
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 11:42am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

henry240henry@yahoo.com
pls post it onced receive sir
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

What does Serial MI-28nm mean?
It certainly doesn't mean its entered service
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2019
Toju200:
sent it.... smiley It has the same design as the compair ACA 9 defender Aircraft
I haven't gotten it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:
I haven't gotten it.
i will send it through Gmail
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2019
Toju200:
i will send it through Gmail
I've seen your Gmail, but no attachment in the mail.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

I've seen your Gmail, but no attachment in the mail.
sad shocked I will try posting it......I was watching the inauguration ceremony of tsaigumi on YouTube......then when they where touring the R&grin section....I sited the digital version of the NAFSA eagle..... I make sure I upload it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2019
Toju200:
sad shocked I will try posting it......I was watching the inauguration ceremony of tsaigumi on YouTube......then when they where touring the R&grin section....I sited the digital version of the NAFSA eagle..... I make sure I upload it

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
LTGEN:
I don't think lionel4power did any research before he went after the UK
https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2019/01/10/uk-defense-chief-f-35-jets-are-ready-for-operations/
This took me 2 minutes to locate.
1. The UK will be investing in its air force to the tune of $1B
2.T hey are signed up to buy a minimum of 48 F35 as their first tranche and that number would reach 100+ regardless of whatever they decide to do with the TEMPEST
3. The UK with two of the most ultra modern Aircraft Carriers at $1B+ / each, can reach any part of the world and thus remains a Nation not to be trifled with at any point in time.

All correct... I never came after anybody bros... This are all industry ramblings not really a research paper. smiley

rka2:

Hope you don't mind, but just a few points to correct/alter.

The Type 45 destroyers were having problems in hot climates because the destroyer was underpowered and that is about to be addressed as they have to cut into the hulls to replace the propulsion systems.

The Upholder Class was sold to Canada as they wanted to maintain an all nuclear powered submarine fleet.

HMS QEII & HMS POW are not nuclear powered. They are powered by 4 diesel engines as well as a Rolls Royce main engine.

Apart from the Falklands, the Royal Navy also deploy to the Caribbean during hurricane season to assist dependent territories and others. Also, they have set up a new naval base in the Middle East HMS JUFAIR in Bahrain.

1) Correct! Their Type 45s were having engine issues.
2) A lot of people criticized their decision to phase out all their diesel electric subs.
3) Yes their carriers are not nuclear powered.
4) the Falklands is their primary area of concern.

Henry240:

Did you do any research before coming to these conclusions? undecided undecided

I highly doubt you did.

The UK spends over 2% of GDP on Defence. Nearly 50 billion dollars.

NATO threshold is 2%. Many countries in NATO including Germany do not spend up to 2% of GDP on Defence.

On the F-35s, the UK currently has 17 units of the B model in service. They are to serve on their new aircraft carriers. The UK has pledged to buy 138 F-35Bs.

How you came to a conclusion that they have cut their F-35s to only a few numbers is a pigment of your imagination.

My brother, how can an Infantry Fighting Vehicle replace a Main Battle Tank? Haba Bros undecided

There new aircraft carriers are not nuclear powered.

All correct.

The UK intends to replace their MBT with a new unconventional fighting vehicle. This is not a fact though, just titbits we come across daily on the web.

Yes their carriers are not nuclear powered.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2019
Needs a modified charging handle. That rail is going to mess up your hand quick time!
Maybe use a torch to straighten it and cut the end off so it doesn't stick out as far and heat shrink some plastic over it.

saengine:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2019
[quote author=Henry240 post=79936689][/quote] Uncle Henry did u see the other one I sent you
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2019
Toju200:
Uncle Henry did u see the other one I sent you
Thanks bro. I saw it, however it has a Turkish flag on it, that's why i didn't post it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

Bidexiii, how far?

Sorry I just replied the email now. I was in an area where there is no network
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2019
Toju200:
Uncle Henry did u see the other one I sent you

Av replied your email....

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2019
Henry240:

Thanks bro. I saw it, however it has a Turkish flag on it, that's why i didn't post it.
it's actually a Libya flag....but it's actually the exact same type as the NAFSA eagle displayed.....did u notice
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 04, 2019
Toju200:
it's actually a Libya flag....but it's actually the exact same type as the NAFSA eagle displayed.....did u notice
Yes, I think the American company the Nigerian Air Force is partnering with is offering us that aircraft for NAFSA.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2019
Algerian army T-90 Main Battle Tank

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 05, 2019
Nigerian Defence Industry

Light Armoured Vehicles built by the Nigerian Army Vehicle Manufacturing Company(NAVMC).

Very nice looking APC

(1) (2) (3) ... (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)