Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,462 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1889) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5987073 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:26am On Jul 05, 2019
Henry240:
Nigerian Defence Industry

Light Armoured Vehicles built by the Nigerian Army Vehicle Manufacturing Company(NAVMC).

Very nice looking APC
Looks Proforce-ish.
Disappointed in the headlights undecided

My preference would have been a build similar to Panhard VBL/Otokar Cobra 1

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 3:09am On Jul 05, 2019
Like the high clearance.
Like the 360 degrees turret all round protection.
Critical thinking
1.Weight.
2.Level of Ballistic protection
3.4×4 or Simple rear axle drive.
4. Armament ? 30 Calibre or 50?
5.LMG or HMG
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:24am On Jul 05, 2019
Odunayaw:
Looks Proforce-ish.

naah dis one is okay Sha it looks more like striet(I may not get the spelling Sha..)it's cool buh... perhaps if this is going to affect proforce Nigeria market then they should focus on export...cos it may....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:25am On Jul 05, 2019
Henry240:

Yes, I think the American company the Nigerian Air Force is partnering with is offering us that aircraft for NAFSA.
yeah comp air...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:30am On Jul 05, 2019
Henry240:

Light Armoured Vehicles built by the Nigerian Army Vehicle Manufacturing Company(NAVMC).

Very nice looking APC
Uncle Henry it's like that's the buratia(not currently spelt) turret that is mounted up...the one that was part of the 2017 R&grin program that gave birth to the IPV mk1
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 05, 2019
Odunayaw:
Looks Proforce-ish.

I like it. It is the same class as Streit Spartan APC.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 05, 2019
Toju200:
Uncle Henry it's like that's the buratia(not currently spelt) turret that is mounted up...the one that was part of the 2017 R&grin program that gave birth to the IPV mk1
Yea, this is it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 05, 2019

Light Tactical Reconnaissance Vehicle

The vehicle is armed with a 12.7mm HMG

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2019
Uncle Henry do u have the video link.....also pls what about the MRAP any other photos of it....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 05, 2019
Toju200:
Uncle Henry do u have the video link.....also pls what about the MRAP any other photos of it....
Nope, it was live streamed on Channels web yesterday. No 'normal' upload yet.

I'll post some more later. There's no MRAP. What we have is a Medium weight light armoured vehicle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:17am On Jul 05, 2019
Henry240:

Nope, it was live streamed on Channels web yesterday. No 'normal' upload yet.

I'll post some more later. There's no MRAP. What we have is a Medium weight light armoured vehicle.
I mean that big vehicle displayed at the combat training week on channels (that mock up vehicle)is it the same with the one that looks like streit vehicle
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 05, 2019
Toju200:
I mean that big vehicle displayed at the combat training week on channels (that mock up vehicle)is it the same with the one that looks like streit vehicle

This vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2019
Henry240:

This vehicle.
yeah dis one....it's like it's not yet ready to be unveiled
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 05, 2019
Toju200:
yeah dis one....it's like it's not yet ready to be unveiled
Yea, it doesn't look like it's ready.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 05, 2019

Light Tactical Fast Attack Vehicle

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:11am On Jul 05, 2019
Nigeria is fast becoming the lock heed martins of Africa innoson will soon export it's military vehicles to serria Leone, proforce Nigeria to export it's ARA MRAP to some unknown customers,e.t.c but we still have a long way to go...in terms of Radar tech, missiles, artillery e.t.c and also Aircrafts so we can have a neck to neck tie with SA

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:16am On Jul 05, 2019
Henry240:

Light Tactical Fast Attack Vehicle

Henry I know you would love this LTFAV the most grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 05, 2019
bidexiii:

Henry I know you would love this LTFAV the most grin
You know for sure now. I don't even need to tell you. grin grin grin

I like the designs, sweet designs of all the vehicles.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2019
Toju200:
Nigeria is fast becoming the lock heed martins of Africa innoson will soon export it's military vehicles to serria Leone, proforce Nigeria to export it's ARA MRAP to some unknown customers,e.t.c but we still have a long way to go...in terms of Radar tech, missiles, artillery e.t.c and also Aircrafts so we can have a neck to neck tie with SA
We're making very serious vehicles and churning them out in good numbers too. If we had taken our defence industry seriously since the 60's we would have been one of the top defence exporters in Africa by now.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
New 6x6 developed for the Serbian army by SA company ADG Mobility.
Shown with Denel's new remote turret.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 2:19pm On Jul 05, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2019
IMHO Nigeria is going about developing their defence industry completely the wrong way.
You should be leveraging large equipment acquisitions with skills, tech and production transfer from well established foreign companies. Small acquisitions of a hodgepodge of vehicles does not achieve this.

There is a model that most countries have successfully used to build their defence related engineering and industrial base. Contrary to popular belief the SA defence industry did not develop by going it alone. Our vehicle development had a lot of input from countries like Germany and there was a lot of un-advertised skills transfer.
Back in the late 80's you'd be hard pressed to find a Kentron engineer who didn't spend months at a time in Israel.

Take Kazakhstan's cooperation with Paramount as an example. They had very little capability in armoured vehicle production at the time.
They leveraged a big vehicle buy from Paramount to transfer production , and most importantly, IP and expertise from SA to Kazakhstan.
Today they have the base to design and produce their own products that are world class. Jordan and Algeria did exactly the same thing.
Look at the massive growth of the Turkish defence industry over the last 2 decades. They used equipment acquisitions from Israel and the US in a very focused way to further their own industry by transferring tech from foreign companies.

Trying to go it alone for national pride is just not the way to get where you want to be. A co-op deal with a company like Paramount with a track record in doing this for other countries would put your industry on steroids and ,more importantly provide the Nigerian Army with vehicles that has their DNA going back to some of the most capable and proven wheeled systems in military history.

Henry240:

We're making very serious vehicles and churning them out in good numbers too. If we had taken our defence industry seriously since the 60's we would have been one of the top defence exporters in Africa by now.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 05, 2019
61mech:

Look at the massive growth of the Turkish defence industry over the last 2 decades. They used equipment acquisitions from Israel and the US in a very focused way to further their own industry by transferring tech from foreign companies.

Let me add majority of Turkish companies employ large no of foreign engineers and scientists , some @30% of their manpower

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
61mech:
IMHO Nigeria is going about developing their defence industry completely the wrong way.
You should be leveraging large equipment acquisitions with skills, tech and production transfer from well established foreign companies. Small acquisitions of a hodgepodge of vehicles does not achieve this.

There is a model that most countries have successfully used to build their defence related engineering and industrial base. Contrary to popular belief the SA defence industry did not develop by going it alone. Our vehicle development had a lot of input from countries like Germany and there was a lot of un-advertised skills transfer.
Back in the late 80's you'd be hard pressed to find a Kentron engineer who didn't spend months at a time in Israel.

Take Kazakhstan's cooperation with Paramount as an example. They had very little capability in armoured vehicle production at the time.
They leveraged a big vehicle buy from Paramount to transfer production , and most importantly, IP and expertise from SA to Kazakhstan.
Today they have the base to design and produce their own products that are world class. Jordan and Algeria did exactly the same thing.

Trying to go it alone for national pride is just not the way to get where you want to be. A co-op deal with a company like Paramount with a track record in doing this for other countries would put your industry on steroids and ,more importantly provide the Nigerian Army with vehicles that has their DNA going back to some of the most capable and proven wheeled systems in military history.

we can't achieve success with the way other countries did it.....we can't run with other countries vision... with the way we are engaging our defense industry I see it as a challenge..yeah u are right we need to collaborate....but we need to work in a competitive environment....to show our ingenuity we should start from scratch not copy others technology...we aren't copy cat...abi is it not human being that is creating other defense product that other countries are using for Technology transfer...

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2019
61mech:

The thing is, we have tried that model and continue to employ that model.

The Igirigi APC was built in collaboration with Streit Group. As we all know, Streit is one of the world's largest privately held defence companies.

With Proforce, which is Nigeria's largest privately held defence company, quite a number of their high level staff are from FNSS, Otokar, Nexter & MKU. Like the Nigerian army before them, they are leveraging on talent from across the world. They currently have an order to supply 50 MRAPs with clients in Nigeria and Africa.

On small acquisitions, we're not Algeria or Egypt. We simply don't have the finances to fund large scale purchases of 300+ vehicles at a time. I mean RSA is struggling to purchase 200+ Badger IFV. Defence procurement is expensive. However we recently purchased 177 APCs/MRAPs from Streit group.

I don't see the wisdom in dumping the Proforce ARA for Paramount Group's Mbombe 4x4, it's a no brainier.

What i would advice is a more streamlined defence manufacturing structure. There seems to be too many small Defence manufactures producing a wide number of items in Nigeria. A unified corporation, a thorough QA/QC process, with foreign collaborations developing Nigerian designed vehicles is the panacea for growth for Nigeria's defence industry.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
Toju200:
abi is it not human being that is creating other defense product that other countries are using for Technology transfer...

Uncle toju200 what do mean by the above

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:03pm On Jul 05, 2019
Henry240:

The thing is, we have tried that model and continue to employ that model.

The Igirigi APC was built in collaboration with Streit Group. As we all know, Streit is one of the world's largest privately held defence companies.

With Proforce, which is Nigeria's largest privately held defence company, quite a number of their high level staff are from FNSS, Otokar, Nexter & MKU. Like the Nigerian army before them, they are leveraging on talent from across the world. They currently have an order to supply 50 MRAPs with clients in Nigeria and Africa.

On small acquisitions, we're not Algeria or Egypt. We simply don't have the finances to fund large scale purchases of 300+ vehicles at a time. I mean RSA is struggling to purchase 200+ Badger IFV. Defence procurement is expensive. However we recently purchased 177 APCs/MRAPs from Streit group.

I don't see the wisdom in dumping the Proforce ARA for Paramount Group's Mbombe 4x4, it's a no brainier.

What i would advice is a more streamlined defence manufacturing structure. There seems to be too many small Defence manufactures producing a wide number of items in Nigeria. A unified corporation, a thorough QA/QC process, with foreign collaborations developing Nigerian designed vehicles is the panacea for growth for Nigeria's defence industry.
Uncle Henry u said it all
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
nemesis8u:

Uncle toju200 what do mean by the above
I mean they want us to do a technology transfer from other countries products right....what am saying is dat did some of these countries engage like the US perhaps engage in Technologies transfer B4 becoming a defense gaint...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2019
Let me say a few words on 61Mech's comments.He means well and he is coming from a genuine point .
This is my take.
Nigeria cannot afford to keep hurling millions of dollars buying hundred of units of APCS and MRAPS to the detriment of undermining their own modest Military industrial Complex.
I am not being jingoistic.
Most Countries South Africa included spend $B on R&D and are very reluctant on two things
1 T .O.T
2 Third party Sales.
For years the NAF had a single problem with the hydraulics of their Russian built M -Series Helicopters.
Helicopters were grounded over this issue till the NAF solved this problem themselves with a plastic Diaphragms.
Like Henry and I agree there is a lot of streamlining that can be done, However Nigeria needs to start from somewhere.
I also would like to see DICON handover at some point to a private company with the infrastructure to ramp up the production of these APCs and MRAPS at some point.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2019
It's called R&D for a reason.... That's how other countries acquire their skills and products, we can do same, except it might be cheaper to collaborate than go it alone
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2019
Proforce ARA MRAP in the frontlines of the North East

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2019
French Commandos and their Nigerian counterparts conduct military operations in Tongo-Tongo, Niger.

Remember Tongo-Tongo is the location 4 American special forces were killed by terrorists.

French Special forces drive Land cruisers. Apparently all that fancy special forces vehicles from Panhard can't stand the heat in Niger.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) (1891) (1892) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.