Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5968508 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
lionel4power:
why SA vehicles always looks ugly?
if those are ugly then i have a poor taste in women wink

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
patches689:

Not such a fan of letting them have access to our sensitive Sh1t

Hahaha! Software is software, if the people making the battlefield decisions are deficient, no amount of tech wizardry will change the outcome. Or to put it more colourfully: GIGO - Garbage In, Garbage Out!

And in any case, only the exercise parameters and scenarios will be loaded on to Chaka.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2015

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by realnas(m): 5:34pm On Sep 02, 2015
Henry120:
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian Air force weaponised Super Puma Helicopter and commandos.
I mean this whole thing doesn't add up , is it that our service chifes want to tell us that a weaponised puma helicopter is more effective on d battle field than mi 35 hiind? D super puma is essentially a utility helicopter it wasn't designed to fight and secondly oga henry what is the fate of that deal involving arthur eze supplying NAF with su 25s and puma helicopters?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2015
grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2015
Denel Y3 high velocity grenade launcher in action with the Kurdish forces in Iraq.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 02, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Denel Y3 high velocity grenade launcher in action with the Kurdish forces in Iraq.

It'd be interesting to find out which of the various countries who bought the thing transferred them to the Kurds. Those old sights, and without the ballistic computer on the side!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 02, 2015
@Henry and other Nigerians

Seeing that the REVA APC is in service, have you guys ever considered equipping them thus:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2015
frumentius:

It'd be interesting to find out which of the various countries who bought the thing transferred them to the Kurds. Those old sights, and without the ballistic computer on the side!
The Baghdad(Iraq) government.

can be deployed like a mortar.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
MikeCZAR:
The Baghdad(Iraq) government.

can be deployed like a mortar.

I doubt Baghdad would supply the Kurds. I suspect either the Germans, French, Yanks, Jordanians, Qataris or the Emirati.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
frumentius:

I doubt Baghdad would supply the Kurds. I suspect either the Germans, French, Yanks, Jordanians, Qataris or the Emirati.
It was them.

The picture is a bit old and yes they do supply them even though they hoard some of the weapons supplied or donated by other countries.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2015
frumentius:

Seeing that the REVA APC is in service, have you guys ever considered equipping them thus:

ATGMs mounted on the Reva are a significant force multiplier. However, I do not at this point think we( Nigeria) should go for them. If we can rig the vehicle to carry a dual 23mm cannon like we have seen on some Nigerian Army streit MK3s, Igirigi and VBLs, they'd definitely make more battle-field impact. After-all it is Firepower that wins wars.

Point 2 - Nigeria has to ramp up the Reva numbers, at 29 confirmed deliveries the number seems a little too conservative. I don't know if more are ordered.

More Reva deliveries, which should include local production of the Vehicles is what is uttermost important to me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 02, 2015
realnas:
I mean this whole thing doesn't add up , is it that our service chifes want to tell us that a weaponised puma helicopter is more effective on d battle field than mi 35 hiind? D super puma is essentially a utility helicopter it wasn't designed to fight and secondly oga henry what is the fate of that deal involving arthur eze supplying NAF with su 25s and puma helicopters?
Oga realnas,

We are not seeing any Frogfoot jets, neither is the deal for weaponisation of 6 Puma Helicopters going through. It was scuttled!

The deal for Frogfoot jets and Puma Helicopters is one of the proposals for the replacement of the Cobra Helicopters which the U.S government botched.

The T-129 Helicopter is in one of such proposals.

The in service Super Puma Helicopters and Gazelles were purchased to provide dedicated Air support for members of the 72 Mobile Strike Force battalion. There absolutely was no way NAF could spare the MI-35 Helicopters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2015
frumentius:

PICS: Pre-planning Exercise for Amani Africa in Addis Ababa.

P.S. Can the non-SADC folks here share info and pics of what units their countries are sending?

I'm only hearing about Exercise Amani for the first time. Would love to share photos from west-africa, but it is unlikely that any photos would be coming from Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2015
frumentius:

With the kind of insurgency we are faced with, I'll prefer cannons (20mm) mounted on them.

More firepower with more ammo.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2015
Namibian Marines

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:21am On Sep 03, 2015
Guys you av to tune in to CCTV NEWS for china's V-Day display of new weapon display!

It's awesome!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 2:38am On Sep 03, 2015
bidexiii:
Guys you av to tune in to CCTV NEWS for china's V-Day display of new weapon display!

It's awesome!
yea so much enjoying the show.only dat d so-called gaint of Africa is not present not even a low level representation.wer is dis country heading
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 3:02am On Sep 03, 2015
bidexiii:

It's awesome!
Nairaland and a Military parade ;DPerfect combo for those with Insomnia...

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:28am On Sep 03, 2015
gottfried21:

streaming in New China TV
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 3:31am On Sep 03, 2015
africaken:
streaming in New China TV
Namibian internet is not the best undecided it was all "laggy" ...Impressive display our eastern second cousins have over there
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 03, 2015
gottfried21:

Namibian internet is not the best undecided it was all "laggy" ...Impressive display our eastern second cousins have over there
its the NEW WORLD ORDER ,nothing is stopping them.i have just seen a sub-sahara country soldiers marching !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:08am On Sep 03, 2015
africaken:
its the NEW WORLD ORDER ,nothing is stopping them.i have just seen a sub-sahara country soldiers marching !
I feel like they've should've invited some more Sub Saharan countries to participate...even though most still use the common drill(which would ruin the pace of the parade)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:44am On Sep 03, 2015
gottfried21:

I feel like they've should've invited some more Sub Saharan countries to participate...even though most still use the common drill(which would ruin the pace of the parade)
that was great ,i hope one day africa will flex its power like that.china has arrived ,no doubt about it .check out this link comparison between china and america. weaponry and men in arms http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/02/asia/china-world-war-ii-military-parade/index.html?sr=cnnifb

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2015
gottfried21:
grin
Yeah i'm always glad to see women progress to command positions in the military especially in the very male dominated Naval environment smiley smiley
Anyway we also had/have our own woman CO here in the Navy(But i must admit its just a Harbor Patrol Boat grin grin)..I have a feeling they'll use those HBP's to give some CO experience to officers before moving on to the bigger stuff cool cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 03, 2015
gottfried21:

I don't disagree with that combo.

The Chinese have truly arrived.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 03, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian Army Counter-terrorist operations.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:50am On Sep 03, 2015
Henry240:
Nigeria COIN

Nigerian Army Counter-terrorist operations.

Nice pictures henry240

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:28am On Sep 03, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Fun and (War) Games.

http://m.ewn.co.za/2015/08/18/Fun-and-War-Games

In future

Warn me before posting such pronographi.c material

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rabzy: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2015
gottfried21:
grin

Someone should get a better tailor for her.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 03, 2015
How to scale a wall a four metre wall with ease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUxJsMgFmA&feature=share

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.