Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5968668 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 05, 2014
Navy augusta

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 05, 2014
NIG UN team

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2014
Amisom

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 10:42am On Aug 06, 2014
More AMISOM pictures please. I really enjoy them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2014
Henry120:

I have no idea. Was it a news report or just a contribution?

it wasnt a news report really. I think it was fact file or so. Just before they started frankly speaking with Muyiwa Afolabi. I just tuned in to listen to frankly speaking. It was the presenter of the programme before frankly speaking ( that should be fact file) that said it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2014
those Augustas do not carry arms. What are they meant for? Just to ferry Navy chiefs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 06, 2014
why cant we get the Apaches or the Rooivalks. They carry missiles, i believe. They also fly lower and at a sower speed than jets. The have night vission capabilities making them good for counter insurgency. Why cant we just get them? Thay have guns also.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 06, 2014
Random

NA MRAP

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amisom

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
craziebone: those Augustas do not carry arms. What are they meant for? Just to ferry Navy chiefs?

Surveillance, search and rescue.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
craziebone: why cant we get the Apaches or the Rooivalks. They carry missiles, i believe. They also fly lower and at a sower speed than jets. The have night vission capabilities making them good for counter insurgency. Why cant we just get them? Thay have guns also.

We are getting MI-35M's.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
Henry120: Random

NA MRAP
is it the humvee that we recently received from US @ 1st picture?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
NA

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
NAF
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
PrinxArthur1: is it the humvee that we recently received from US @ 1st picture?

Nope, that's the recently procured Bigfoot MRAP, frontal view.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
SU-30 with NAF roundel sighted in russia
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
jteku: SU-30 with NAF roundel sighted in russia

Source?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iterator25: 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
you're kidding right?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iterator25: 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
double post
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
craziebone: why cant we get the Apaches or the Rooivalks. They carry missiles, i believe. They also fly lower and at a sower speed than jets. The have night vission capabilities making them good for counter insurgency. Why cant we just get them? Thay have guns also.
Politics,funds and Doctrine.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 6:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
craziebone: those Augustas do not carry arms. What are they meant for? Just to ferry Navy chiefs?
Machine guns can be mounted on them. They're normally used for patrols,launched from navy ships they enhance the capabilities of ships.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
NOOOOOOOOO!!! The JF-17 block 2 would've been a better choice if you ask me. Unless they're(SU-30) procured with French or other western nation avionics. I'll check with other "aviation spotters".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hmmmmmm Apparently there has been a lot of "SU-30 jets activity" in Russia. From the Chinese SU-30MKK to the Russians receiving new SU-30SM a while back and took another delivery of SU-30M2 recently. I'll try check a little bit more chaps.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
MikeZA: NOOOOOOOOO!!! The JF-17 block 2 would've been a better choice if you ask me. Unless they're(SU-30) procured with French or other western nation avionics. I'll check with other "aviation spotters".

Another round of Un-confirmed reports, we've been on this road many times before. besides, I don't see how a frontline fighter would help Nigeria or any other nation for that matter in COIN/CTOIN.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 9:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
Henry120:

Another round of Un-confirmed reports, we've been on this road many times before. besides, I don't see how a frontline fighter would help Nigeria or any other nation for that matter in COIN/CTOIN.
Yep,Nigeria already has a fighter capability with the F-7. A lot of stuff can be put on hold.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
Guy don't put @ suspense plssssss
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
Guy don't put us @ suspense plssssss !!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
MikeZA: Yep,Nigeria already has a fighter capability with the F-7. A lot of stuff can be put on hold.

Not only this, but Fighter jets are useless in COIN role. You cannot support troops in any COIN based conflict with Fighter jets.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:40am On Aug 07, 2014
MikeZA: Politics,funds and Doctrine.

how do these affect our purchase especially politics and doctrine? The last time we checked, Nigeria is a non aligned state which allows us to do business with anyone.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 8:55am On Aug 07, 2014
craziebone:

how do these affect our purchase especially politics and doctrine? The last time we checked, Nigeria is a non aligned state which allows us to do business with anyone.
In simple 1.Politics: You wanna buy from someone who'll support the weapons systems through,it entire life span or you can source spares from else(numbers). I think you've seen what happened to Nigeria's jets in the late 80s. 2. Doctrine: Most Air forces in Africa haven't developed the NOE capability,meaning you wouldn't wanna but an attack that operates exclusively at the NOE. Similar to how you won't buy amphibious capable fighting vehicles if you're a country,who's surrounded by desert.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2014
advantages of schooling inside a military barracks

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 07, 2014
MikeZA: In simple 1.Politics: You wanna buy from someone who'll support the weapons systems through,it entire life span or you can source spares from else(numbers). I think you've seen what happened to Nigeria's jets in the late 80s. 2. Doctrine: Most Air forces in Africa haven't developed the NOE capability,meaning you wouldn't wanna but an attack that operates exclusively at the NOE. Similar to how you won't buy amphibious capable fighting vehicles if you're a country,who's surrounded by desert.

ok, going for the apaches may not be a very wise decision bt i dont think there is a reason the rooivalk spare parts wont be avaliable to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.