Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,394 members, 7,954,574 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:01 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6147329 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (2865) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Helghast: 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
Took a picture of this SANDF Battle Jacket back at the Rand Easter Show, man those guys carry a lot of Ammo

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
Helghast: Took a picture of this SANDF Battle Jacket back at the Rand Easter Show, man those guys carry a lot of Ammo

Beautiful jacket.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Helghast: 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Henry120:

Beautiful jacket.

Oh yeah dude maybe you could answer this question for me, that why do police officers seem to have better tactical gear than soldiers? Because I noticed the same thing with Nigeria too, Officers carrying better/upgraded rifles and gear than the average soldier.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Helghast: 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Henry120:

Beautiful jacket.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SiriusBlack: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nigerian Army Snipers in Mali...AFISMA mission.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SiriusBlack: 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nigerian Army artillery corps.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
Henry120: Anybody following the current conflict in GAZA? It isn't a pleasant sight at all. I'm following the conflict on Aljazeera. True, Aljazeera is pro-Arab ( anyway all news stations report the news with different political interests ), but the sights are quite disturbing.

Anyway, we got our own problem here in nigeria to deal with.
Israel will never defeat Hamas and Hamas will never defeat Israel. The state of Israel is just pushed to do what it is doing today. People need to stop taking sides.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 10:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Henry120:
Algeria has a defence budget of 10 billion usd, so they can afford the S-300 MDS.
I think it is more than that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 10:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
Helghast:

Oh yeah dude maybe you could answer this question for me, that why do police officers seem to have better tactical gear than soldiers? Because I noticed the same thing with Nigeria too, Officers carrying better/upgraded rifles and gear than the average soldier.
The are way many needs to consider when introducing a new standard assault rifles in the military.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeZA: 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
Helghast: Took a picture of this SANDF Battle Jacket back at the Rand Easter Show, man those guys carry a lot of Ammo
Yep,combat in Angola taught SA commanders a lot. The things we did back then and now are new to most armies.

Many were surprised by the SANDF's effective usage of mortars in offensive combat roles in the DRC.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chris365(m): 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
Henry120: Anybody following the current conflict in GAZA? It isn't a pleasant sight at all. I'm following the conflict on Aljazeera. True, Aljazeera is pro-Arab ( anyway all news stations report the news with different political interests ), but the sights are quite disturbing.

Anyway, we got our own problem here in nigeria to deal with.

and it's very interesting to see how much casualties IDF has suffered ( more than 25 killed with one captured and more than 100 injured) in just two days. despite being one of the best trained and most experienced army in FIBUA tactics and anti terror op. this is just at the boarder area o. how worst will it get when they move closer into Gaza city.

Israel had an advantage before the ground invasion (thanks to the iron dome), now they'll just have to push for a ceasefire in other to avoid the embarrassment they faced from Hezbollah.

fact is Israel is repeating the same mistake they made with Hezbollah by underestimating Hamas. Hamas has gotten better in training and weaponry so this is going to hit IDF as well. Israel is just targeting civilians to it's casualties to rake up it's own scores. and it's disgusting.

today they bombed a hospital today. insane
Hamas controls this conflict and that's why the world is running around trying to beg them for a ceasefire instead of Israel.

they simply asked Israel to jump and Netanyahu asked "how high". Israel should have stuck to Arial bombardment and protect their boarder from infiltration.

on who's to blame for the conflict, my brother, you need to go and research thei history of how the state of Israel was formed before picking sides. so to me, a lasting peace will only be achieved if Israel is ready for it. hamas will never stop threatening israel even if they nuked.

I just laugh at those who think guerilla warfare is a piece of cake. it is by far the most difficult in modern history and it would be wise if African militaries gear up for it so as not to be caught unawares.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
Helghast:

Probably difficulty for the Army to transition from a traditional rifle to a more modern rifle. Like you pointed out, the nigerian police carriers better/upgraded rifles than the Army, however it doesn't apply to the Navy or Airforce.

It's easier to train small numbers of troops( this doesn't apply to the police) on a new rifle, than the full army, especially more difficult when there is an insurgency on-going.

3rd point, incompetence.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
MikeZA: Israel will never defeat Hamas and Hamas will never defeat Israel. The state of Israel is just pushed to do what it is doing today. People need to stop taking sides.

I agree with this post.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 22, 2014
chris365:

and it's very interesting to see how much casualties IDF has suffered ( more than 25 killed with one captured and more than 100 injured) in just two days. despite being one of the best trained and most experienced army in FIBUA tactics and anti terror op. this is just at the boarder area o. how worst will it get when they move closer into Gaza city.

This is a good point. How are the Israelis suffering so many casualties? These people sleep and dine, FIBUA/ CQC, they wrote the manual on FIBUA, they designed there rifles (tavor, galil ace and UZI PRO) for FIBUA, even the Negev LMG.

Omo, it would be very embarrassing for them, just like their hezbollah campaign in lebanon in 2006.

101/10

Lmao

Exactly. They should have stuck to Ariel bombardment and shelling. You know, despite the Airstrikes, the rockets were still coming in in droves. It was as if, the more they struck, the more rockets were fired. The Iron dome system though, what an amazing feat of engineering.[/quote]

The media have also been very very biased. CNN and Aljazeera are the worst offenders. I know their history, but it's quite confusing at times. The jews shipped from eastern europe and the west have deeply polarised the MIDeast.

Guerilla warfare is very difficult, there is not an expert on guerilla warfare. In my opinion, African militaries should have at least a division dedicated to un-conventional warfare. Many Countries would be caught napping like us, and many might not have the resources to adapt when shit hits the fan.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2014
Women of honor

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 22, 2014
Nairobi's Most beautiful Police woman

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
Nigerian Designed, built and fielded IGIRIGI Armoured personnel carrier.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:03am On Jul 24, 2014
Exercise obangame 2014

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 24, 2014
A

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:10am On Jul 24, 2014
B

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 24, 2014
C

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:19am On Jul 24, 2014
D

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:23am On Jul 24, 2014
E

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 24, 2014
F

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Helghast: 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
MikeZA: Yep,combat in Angola taught SA commanders a lot. The things we did back then and now are new to most armies.

Many were surprised by the SANDF's effective usage of mortars in offensive combat roles in the DRC.

Yeah one of the Parabats I spoke to told me that S.A commanders had a chronic fear of having to rely on external support like, Artillery, Air support, reinforcements etc... Because in S.A we don't have support elements that show up immediately after you call them like with U.S.A, so our guys are trained to be able to fight on their own without needing too much support and that's why they carry a SH'IT load Ammo.

He also said C.A.R was were our commanders screwed up, in the sense that our guys didn't have enough supply and we were also relying on the local forces and the guys we were training to support us if anything went wrong, and that didn't workout quiet well for us. Because we went against our own rules
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SiriusBlack: 9:56am On Jul 26, 2014
Nigerian Army BTR-3U..CT-COIN operations of the Nigerian Army in the restive North-East.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SiriusBlack: 10:00am On Jul 26, 2014
Nigerian Army Type 80 Machine Gun..Frontlines at restive North-East.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SiriusBlack: 10:02am On Jul 26, 2014
Nigerian Army Spartan MK3 APC.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: Nigerian Army Spartan MK3 APC.

Thanks man.

However, this isn't the one I was referring to. The image had the full rear of the APC in a burnt village.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SiriusBlack: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2014
Henry120:

Thanks man.

However, this isn't the one I was referring to. The image had the full rear of the APC in a burnt village.
ah...ill try to look for it...still nt sure of the particular one..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 26, 2014
More obangame

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 26, 2014
SiriusBlack: ah...ill try to look for it...still nt sure of the particular one..

Please do. I think the Problem is your inventory is so so large. Anyway, No problems if you can't find it. We'll just put that in "the one that got away".

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (2865) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: ClearDway4me and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.