Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,011 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5966344 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:53am On May 25, 2016
off topic :IS 'destroyed Syria airbase' used by Russia - BBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzlh688rypg
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:06am On May 25, 2016
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:07am On May 25, 2016
chinese8107:

yes why not ,but where is the back stage ?maybe another thread which i haven't follow.

ni kan jian ni de dianzi youjian
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:25am On May 25, 2016
Iblawi1:

As the Military pushes into the Sambisa Forest enclave of Boko Haram terrorists’, the Nigerian Air Force said on Tuesday that it has intensified efforts to get its Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) fitted with missile guided weapon systems for combat roles.The Chief of Army Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar made this known on Tuesday at a meeting with the management of the National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA).AdvertisementAccording to Abubakar, the Air Force will be leveraging on an existing Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with NASRDA to fasts track collaborative measures to improve the air force rocketry and missile propulsion system.

You won't expect the NAF not to improve on their rocket system.
dis country will move forward only wen we appreciate n give honor to whom it is due.

nasdra improve rockets by wot.pls let's stop propagating propaganda.
as far as am concerned nasdra don't have d capacity on projectile guidance.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 10:27am On May 25, 2016
you'll never make what you did not try to build. if the capacity is not there now, we have to start today to build capacity otherwise no importation till the end of time.
giles14:
dis country will move forward only wen we appreciate n give honor to whom it is due.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:28am On May 25, 2016
@Gottfried
Who's the third Admiral in the Navy?...Im only familiar with the Navy Chief and the CNO

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:28am On May 25, 2016
africaken254:
off topic :IS 'destroyed Syria airbase' used by Russia - BBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzlh688rypg
why must d West always behave like dis

https://www.rt.com/news/344254-russian-helicopters-isis-syria/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:36am On May 25, 2016
new algerian army exercise 24/05/2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqt4xYf2cG0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:50am On May 25, 2016
Patented:
you'll never make what you did not try to build. if the capacity is not there now, we have to start today to build capacity otherwise no importation till the end of time.
if we out source d jobs to China it might be possible, but nasdra I just dey laugh in Swahili.

same nasdra dat made a land phone and stripped it to LCD and claim to have achieved a milestone in telephone technology in dis day and age.

nasdra has nothing to offer.we have 150+ uni poly etc if we can pull atleast 1 intellectual frm every of dis institute put dem together n give dem task den dere is hope but for nasdra it's a no-no
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:01am On May 25, 2016
How many types of trucks does the Army use?
@Gottfried

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 12:45pm On May 25, 2016
Henry240:

Yeah...... But isn't this what breeds the corruption?

We can all see two helicopters, possibly there are more also. Going down the line we should be able to get clearer pictures of equipment acquired.

@Henry240
Have you seen oga Beeg's tweets of late about some procurements coming in? He mentioned the fact that the rotary/fixed winged assets were purchased/inspected in January.

Link that to this post on the blog https://beegeagle./2016/01/08/infographics-of-the-su-34-fullback-strike-fighter/ and the comment by Beegs himself of rumblings about a possible SU34 haul. This might be the replacement for the $466 million frogfoot deal and at $36 million we could be getting 12 of these.

Just speculating though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 12:51pm On May 25, 2016
giles14:

Bros stop saying what you don't know.
What you said is irritating. Go find out about nasdra ongoing project. I have people working there.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 25, 2016
xwolverine:

Have you seen oga Beeg's tweets of late about some procurements coming in? He mentioned the fact that the rotary/fixed winged assets were purchased/inspected in January.

Link that to this post on the blog https://beegeagle./2016/01/08/infographics-of-the-su-34-fullback-strike-fighter/ and the comment by Beegs himself of rumblings about a possible SU34 haul. This might be the replacement for the $466 million frogfoot deal and at $36 million we could be getting 12 of these.

Just speculating though.

Unfortunately, if i had a kobo for each time i speculated on Nigerian defence procurements, i'll be a naira billionaire by now.

So, to keep my sanity, i'll rather not speculate.

I've not been following Beegs tweets for a couple months now, however i cannot say anything affirmatively until there is proper proof to hold on to.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 2:52pm On May 25, 2016
iblawi:
Bros stop saying what you don't know.
What you said is irritating. Go find out about nasdra ongoing project. I have people working there.
y not everybody hav someone working somewhere, it irritates you?jst manage.

we don't have the technology on how to guide rockets,projectiles n not to talk of missile from UAV.unless dat we got ToT wen we buy our CH3 n AR10 from China wich I guess didn't happen
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:37pm On May 25, 2016
Henry240:

Unfortunately, if i had a kobo for each time i speculated on Nigerian defence procurements, i'll be a naira billionaire by now.

So, to keep my sanity, i'll rather not speculate.

I've not been following Beegs tweets for a couple months now, however i cannot say anything affirmatively until there is proper proof to hold on to.

Hahahahaha.......... shocked grin grin grin

Our armed forces procurements can sometimes turn u to a liar. They purchase some equipments months later u hear it has being cancelled or something went wrong. Sometimes it's best not to say a word untill when proven/equipment sighted.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 25, 2016
giles14:
why must d West always behave like dis

https://www.rt.com/news/344254-russian-helicopters-isis-syria/
this is an intelligence analysis from a stratfor a geopolitical intelligence firm which used the service of commercial satellite imagery company (digital globe).which offers its services to anyone who want satellite images
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 25, 2016
angola air force L-39 Jet trainer

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:52pm On May 25, 2016
Thank you Mr henry
it is the reason why even when given certain information, I withhold information till I actually see the products in the field. I refuse to be drawn into senseless arguments however the proof is that prior to January 2016:
1) The Nigerian Army did not display at least in the photos we have seen an extensive collection of HKs
2) In q1 2015 "EDWARD" showed us the satellite images of the Gazelles and they have since been painted with Camouflage colors
3)The recent picture of the Eurocopter EC 45 shows two (2) of them with the one in the background clearly shown wit the identifying Encased Rotor.
Now this:
http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43624
It may help if all us refrain from expressing our political prejudices and concentrate on making this thread and Nigeria a well - equipped professional armed force, this is the go to thread now that Mr Beegeagle has become a political commentator, this thread seems to be one of the few left.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 25, 2016
Phoenix 2016 exercise , algerian navy with italian and us navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:27pm On May 25, 2016
chkil:
Phoenix 2016 exercise , algerian navy with italian and us navy

@chkil what's the name of these logistic ship
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 25, 2016
kenya soldiers on patrol in kismayo

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 25, 2016
Kenya says its troops kill 21 al Shabaab fighters in Somalia

MOGADISHU (Reuters) - Kenya's military said on Wednesday it had killed 21 al Shabaab fighters in Somalia where its troops are trying to defeat the militant Islamist group that has often struck civilian targets inside Kenya.

Kenyan troops, which are in Somalia as part of an African Union (AU) deployment, struck a group of al Shabaab fighters in the west of the country, near the Kenyan border, David Obonyo, spokesman for Kenya Defence Forces, said in a statement.

Al Shabaab spokesman Abdiasis abu Musab said its fighters had killed five soldiers, wounded eight and burnt one military vehicle in the fighting. The reports could not be independently verified.

Obonyo said the Kenyan troops suffered no casualties.

Al Shabaab, a hardline Islamist group, ruled large parts of Somalia until 2011, when it was driven out of Mogadishu by AU and Somali troops. It still control some rural areas and carries out frequent attacks in the capital and other areas in its attempt to dislodge the Western-backed government.
read more https://www.yahoo.com/news/kenya-says-troops-kill-21-al-shabaab-fighters-085721256.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&utm_content=buffer93d87&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 25, 2016
zimbabwe K-8 Jet trainer

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 25, 2016
bidexiii:

@chkil what's the name of these logistic ship

it's the Kalaat Béni Abbès LPD (9000 tons displacement) , built by the Italian firm Fincantieri as an enlarged and improved version of the San Giorgio LPD class

-Length = 142.9 meters
-Width = 21.5 meters
-Flight deck with two runways and landing pads for heavy-lift helicopters in the extremities and 30-ton lift in the central part of the deck
-The power plant includes two diesel engines Wärtsilä 12V32 rated at 6000 kW
-The maximum speed = 20 knots
-Cruising range = 11,265 km
-Generation of electricity will be provided by four diesel generators Isotta Fraschini V1716 C2ME capacity of 1300 kW and one emergency V1708 T3 of 600 kW
-Armament includes MBDA SAAM-ESD (Aster missiles + A50 launcher Sylver can launch the Aster 15 and Aster 30 also ) behind the island superstructure + Oto Melara 76/62 Super Rapid + 2 Single 25mm
-The electronic structure will include Selex Sistemi Integrati EMPAR + AESA 3D radar of CICS Athena-C ( 300 miles range cool ) + navigation radar and flight control by -gosopoznavaniya SIR + Communication system supplied by Selex Elsag + electronic warfare systems produced by Elettronica and Thales + two SCLAR-H decoy launchers
-The Algerian helicopter landing ship dock can accommodate 3 Landing Craft Mechanized (LCM) + 3 small Landing Craft Vehicle Personnel (LCVP) + 1 large Landing Craft Personnel (LCP) + 2 semi-rigid boats. The ship also houses a garage for 15 heavy tanks and housing for 440 soldiers plus 150 crew. The ship also carries a 60-bed hospital and operating theaters .

-The crew = 150 people
-The landing force = 440 people
-The launching of the ship is scheduled for December 2013, with the transfer to the Algerian Navy in September 2014. ans i read that the price was around 400 million euro

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 7:50pm On May 25, 2016
giles14:
y not everybody hav someone working somewhere, it irritates you?jst manage.

we don't have the technology on how to guide rockets,projectiles n not to talk of missile from UAV.unless dat we got ToT wen we buy our CH3 n AR10 from China wich I guess didn't happen
Nice writeup bro.

And you think the best way of having the technology is by importing or just sit down doing nothing.
I wonder who will transfer such technology to you.
It's still irritating though.

FYI, nasdra has tested projectile covering many kilometers already and the project is still going on. Such agencies don't work on unguided stuff.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 25, 2016
bidexiii:

Hahahahaha.......... shocked grin grin grin

Our armed forces procurements can sometimes turn u to a liar. They purchase some equipments months later u hear it has being cancelled or something went wrong. Sometimes it's best not to say a word untill when proven/equipment sighted.

GIVE THIS MAN A BEER!!!

Exactly man!! It's frustrating.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 25, 2016
chkil:

it's the Kalaat Béni Abbès LPD (9000 tons displacement) , built by the Italian firm Fincantieri as an enlarged and improved version of the San Giorgio LPD class

-Length = 142.9 meters
-Width = 21.5 meters
-Flight deck with two runways and landing pads for heavy-lift helicopters in the extremities and 30-ton lift in the central part of the deck
-The power plant includes two diesel engines Wärtsilä 12V32 rated at 6000 kW
-The maximum speed = 20 knots
-Cruising range = 11,265 km
-Generation of electricity will be provided by four diesel generators Isotta Fraschini V1716 C2ME capacity of 1300 kW and one emergency V1708 T3 of 600 kW
-Armament includes MBDA SAAM-ESD (Aster missiles + A50 launcher Sylver can launch the Aster 15 and Aster 30 also ) behind the island superstructure + Oto Melara 76/62 Super Rapid + 2 Single 25mm
-The electronic structure will include Selex Sistemi Integrati EMPAR + AESA 3D radar of CICS Athena-C ( 300 miles range cool ) + navigation radar and flight control by -gosopoznavaniya SIR + Communication system supplied by Selex Elsag + electronic warfare systems produced by Elettronica and Thales + two SCLAR-H decoy launchers
-The Algerian helicopter landing ship dock can accommodate 3 Landing Craft Mechanized (LCM) + 3 small Landing Craft Vehicle Personnel (LCVP) + 1 large Landing Craft Personnel (LCP) + 2 semi-rigid boats. The ship also houses a garage for 15 heavy tanks and housing for 440 soldiers plus 150 crew. The ship also carries a 60-bed hospital and operating theaters .

-The crew = 150 people
-The landing force = 440 people
-The launching of the ship is scheduled for December 2013, with the transfer to the Algerian Navy in September 2014. ans i read that the price was around 400 million euro

Beautiful Ship.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 25, 2016
To this end, he expressed belief that enhancement of navy’s indigenous shipbuilding capacity is critical to meeting its requirements.

This, he said, informed its bold foray into the domestic construction of Seaward Defence Boats (SDB) with one of these boats being inaugurated in 2012 and the second which is nearing completion would soon be inaugurated by President Buhari. “Notwithstanding, I am glad to inform you that as part of the activities of the NN Diamond Jubilee, one Tug boat which was constructed locally would be inaugurate as well as 50 Epenal boats would on 1 June 2016,” he disclosed.

The CNS recalled that 30 Epenal boats were initially launched in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, which he said: “attests to the determination of the federal government to further promote self-reliance in the local production of military hardware and equipment.”
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 25, 2016
"If it takes the Nigerian Navy 4 years to build a 40 meters Midshore Patrol Vessel, would it take the Nigerian Navy 8 years to build an 80 meters corvette?".

Finally some good news, NNS Andoni II, 40 meters navy MPV would be launched soon. A boat that was supposed to be delivered in 2013. Funny, NNS Andoni is now 4years old, 26 years to go before decommissioning.

50 additional Epenal Gunboats is also great, so 80 boats in total have been purchased in-country by the navy. Makes the 9 boats recently gotten from Sri-Lanka insignificant........ However still a waste as Proforce could deliver better interceptors than those.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:33pm On May 25, 2016
LTGEN:
this is the go to thread now that Mr Beegeagle has become a political commentator,
might be non of my business, but dats a sarcastic comment/statement
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:36pm On May 25, 2016
Henry240:
"If it takes the Nigerian Navy 4 years to build a 40 meters Midshore Patrol Vessel, would it take the Nigerian Navy 8 years to build an 80 meters corvette?".

Finally some good news, NNS Andoni II, 40 meters navy MPV would be launched soon. A boat that was supposed to be delivered in 2013. Funny, NNS Andoni is now 4years old, 26 years to go before decommissioning.

50 additional Epenal Gunboats is also great, so 80 boats in total have been purchase in-country by the navy. Makes the 9 boats recently gotten from Sri-Lanka insignificant........ However still a waste as Proforce could deliver better interceptors than those.

dis great news
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 3:20am On May 26, 2016
gottfried21:

Namibia has 5 of these(I've seen them wink)They're undergoing trials in the desert

the off road performance is said to be better than US humvee .I guess ghana have these too

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.